Nova Va Nerf War

Are there any nerfers up for a nerf war

7 replies to this topic

#1 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:22 PM

I live in Nova and I was wondering are there any people out there who live in VA or near Washington D.C. who want to have a nerf war? I have a nearby park called valley crest. It has open plains please tell me what time and date we should have it, Bring your friends and leave no trace.

copy and paste URL for driving directions

http://www.mapquest....&geocode=STREET
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#2 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:44 PM

I live in Nova and I was wondering are there any people out there who live in VA or near Washington D.C. who want to have a nerf war? I have a nearby park called valley crest. It has open plains please tell me what time and date we should have it, Bring your friends and leave no trace.

copy and paste URL for driving directions

http://www.mapquest....&geocode=STREET

DCNO. Use the search function. Strike one.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#3 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:22 PM

so wat does this mean, just wonderin
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#4 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:26 PM

Strike two. DCNO is a nerf war in the Washington DC area. You should probably attend one of these before you host your own. And again, use the search function.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#5 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:41 PM

To help you out, it is about a half hour away from you. There is usually a Fall DCNO in October/November.

He is right, though. If this is your first war, you really do not want to try and host. It is better to show up to other wars, and there will be some in your area.

Just as an FYI, always use the search function first, but also be mindful of when they were posted. No one wants to see a dead topic revived for no reason.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#6 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:11 PM

Sorry about that my idiot friend typed without me knowing

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:26 PM

There are few to no parks in Northern Virginia that are at all usable for Nerf Wars. They are either too busy, too open/empty, or too densely wooded to do anything in.
I've searched high-and-low and found only ONE park that would even be usable. It's ideal because it had a decent amount of obstacles at good distances, has very clear boundaries, and it's never busy. But I don't consider it to be better than the DCNO venues to even recommend it. Especially since it would add a good deal of driving time for those that attend DCNO from other state.

All of that aside, if you want to Nerf in the DC area and get some war practice in either wait for DCNO, or send a PM to umdlancer or Squishy. University of Maryland College Park has a Nerf club that plays very regularly. But I'm not sure they would be too keen on having anyone under the age of 16 participate.

Search before you ask questions and improve your post quality now or you won't be able to post again.
We don't want apologies or excuses. We expect results.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 04 August 2008 - 07:30 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:59 PM

I would love to attend a nerf war, but I would again recommend first attending at least one war, so you can figure out how it runs.

There will be a DCNO at the end of September, it would be awesome if you could come. http://nerfhaven.com...opic=12539&st=0

Also, you should post pictures of your war site to pique people's interest.

I hope to see you at DCNO and again at a war you host.
Tyranny Response Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users