The Vulcan

Crap talk and speculation galore until the release date

740 replies to this topic

#451 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:40 PM

Unless this gun sucks majorly, which I'll know before I buy because here in Washington we get the guns last it seems like, I'll most likely get this gun. Overall it looks fun and would be great for indoor wars, I can't wait for it!

Edited by ChiliPepperFender, 04 March 2008 - 11:41 PM.

[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#452 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:25 AM

I can see it now: people strapping car batteries on their backs in order to give this gun the juice to fire 100ft flat with an ROF of 300 RPM. You'd be a walking tank. With poor mobility. Hmmm... car-mounted MG maybe? (Or bicycle-mounted?)

But sheesh, chain-fed? What a biatch to reload...

#453 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:43 AM

If the Longshot handle on the side is truly to lock in and unlock the chain, all one would have to do is: (Assuming the chain falls out the other side when all used up) pull back the handle, place new chain in box, push handle to relock chain, resume firing.
This is all assuming that the speculation is right and it normally isn't too accurate. Still, that’s how I assume reloading it will be. This would only work should you have another preloaded chain somewhere handy. If you don’t, you’re sol when you run out of ammo, and have to go pick some up and reload your chain.
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#454 umdlancer

umdlancer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:18 PM

Hey guys, try something useful for a change.

The Vulcan's DPIC (the product ID system used by Target) is 087110041

#455 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:42 PM

Just for laughs I called Target and they don't have any release date information associated with the DPIC code. They have a months notice at most for when things are getting shipped to a particular store so it's not likely that it's coming out within that window of time.
Anyone who's REALLY bored on the east coast could try calling your nearest store once a month, switching to the operator, asking for a DPIC code lookup, they'll ask what department the product is in and then transfer you to that department where they can look up the code. You can either tell them the whole code or they will ask for the product line and the last 4 digits of the code.

Edit: Nevermind

Edited by CaptainSlug, 05 March 2008 - 02:34 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#456 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

Dont's bother. We probably won't see the Vulcan until Fall (which means mid-late summer). Confirmed by a friend at Hasbro.
I hate you.

#457 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:17 PM

Dont's bother. We probably won't see the Vulcan until Fall (which means mid-late summer). Confirmed by a friend at Hasbro.

Yeah...well.....I had sex with Hasbro's mother, and..and she said she had a vulcan in her bedroom!

Then she pointed at my crotch and I reallized that I had seriously misread the situation. Seriously, just wait for the fucking thing. The alternatives are not pleasant.

#458 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:25 PM

Yeah...well.....I had sex with Hasbro's mother, and..and she said she had a vulcan in her bedroom!

Then she pointed at my crotch and I reallized that I had seriously misread the situation. Seriously, just wait for the fucking thing. The alternatives are not pleasant.

Umm....live long and prosper? :)
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#459 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:48 AM

I can see it now: people strapping car batteries on their backs in order to give this gun the juice to fire 100ft flat with an ROF of 300 RPM. You'd be a walking tank. With poor mobility. Hmmm... car-mounted MG maybe? (Or bicycle-mounted?)

But sheesh, chain-fed? What a biatch to reload...

Dude, car batteries aren't that heavy I'm sure a person that is not a fatty could carry a car battery around in a backpack for a war. Wait FA24 is a bodybuilder, which means... oh shit.

Oh and to answer all the speculation, we thought the firefly was going to be like the best gun ever.

Edited by pulletman, 06 March 2008 - 11:52 AM.

QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

#460 Peter

Peter

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:42 PM

A car battery is only adding 3 more volts of potential.. It's not going to make it 'ultra super awesome powered.'
igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

#461 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:45 PM

If this works similarly to an aeg, then I think increasing volts would only increase rof, not range.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#462 smeagolsaur

smeagolsaur

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:01 PM

If this works similarly to an aeg, then I think increasing volts would only increase rof, not range.

Well of course.

#463 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:34 PM

Can we give it a rest? No one is going to hook a fucking NERF GUN up to a car battery. If you do, I will ban you, your best friend, your next of kin, and three future generations from posting on these forums. In addition I will physically travel to your home, disconnect your internet, punch you in the face, and probably do unmentionable things to your dog and/or mother.
I hate you.

#464 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

If anyone is going to do that, do yoursevles a favor and go with lithium-ions.

We don't live in the stone age anymore...

Anyhow, I'm a little sick of checking this thread all the time to see if the damn thing is out yet. Anyone care to post a little something on the front page once it's actually out?

Edited by frost vectron, 06 March 2008 - 08:04 PM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#465 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:49 PM

If anyone is going to do that, do yoursevles a favor and go with lithium-ions.

We don't live in the stone age anymore...

Anyhow, I'm a little sick of checking this thread all the time to see if the damn thing is out yet. Anyone care to post a little something on the front page once it's actually out?

Yeah I agree,
All this speculation is starting to get verbatim(as if it wasn't already). I mean we got enough good pictures of the thing and I think our speculation tank just ran out. So a new picture or giving it a rest would be nice.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#466 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

I think that the Vulcan is going to be a lot like BioShock. [b][Warning Opinionated Content] It is already over-hyped, and will most likely fall short of what is expected. This is not to say it will suck completely, I mean, i want one. Badly. But that is just me.

EDIT: I had no intention of this escalating into a video game related post chain,or anything so sorry if I did.

Edited by Philote, 08 March 2008 - 06:39 AM.

EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#467 Peter

Peter

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:21 PM

I think that the Vulcan is going to be a lot like BioShock. [b][Warning Opinionated Content] It is already over-hyped, and will most likely fall short of what is expected. This is not to say it will suck completely, I mean, i want one. Badly. But that is just me.

The game you're talking about is Assassin's Creed.

#468 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

Ahhh... yes, Im not very fond of that, or Halo3 either...
But, as said before, have some patience. It'll get here when it gets here...But i live on the East Coast so "when it gets here" may be longer....damn...
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#469 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:37 PM

Yeah Assassin's Creed got old fast.
I never really liked Bioshock, but the Multiplayer on H3 is always fun.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#470 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:56 AM

Ugh I really disliked that whole trilogy it was hecka lame. It just took too many shots to kill someone, but I think we should keep this thread concentrated to the title and not get sidetracked. To all those fags that said you could hook a car battery to this are fucking retards. Bigger batteries don't make the motors perform better they just give you more battery life.

Edited by ejrasmussen, 08 March 2008 - 03:57 AM.

#471 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:44 AM

Ugh I really disliked that whole trilogy it was hecka lame. It just took too many shots to kill someone, but I think we should keep this thread concentrated to the title and not get sidetracked. To all those fags that said you could hook a car battery to this are fucking retards. Bigger batteries don't make the motors perform better they just give you more battery life.

I beg to differ my friend.

I hooked 3 9 volt batteries to an electric airsoft pistol and it made it shoot full-auto. It emptied the little clip in 1.5 seconds. It's not the size of the battery either, it's how much voltage is going from the battery to the object. In some cases, all you have to do is up the battery size. In the case of the airsoft gun, we went from 3 volts to 27 volts, 9 times the amount of 'power'.

I threw the car battery out there I think, and all I was really saying was that a mod for a larger battery load is a maybe, not that a bigger battery would make it shoot faster.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#472 MoonMaster

MoonMaster

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:54 PM

Tards!
6 D batteries have more amperage than one nine volt, and if you are using 3 9 volts for 27 volts, you are using the same amperage as one nine volt. Motors need amperage! wire the 9 volts in parallel for 9 volts, but three times the amps.

5. Protip: sarcasm is good for making someone else look like more of an idiot than they already do. However, if you are an idiot to start with, using sarcasm just makes you look like a COLOSSAL idiot.

#473 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:07 PM

Migher amps= More spring compressing power.
More Voltage= Higher rof.

Voltage is how fast the electricity is moving, amps is the amount of electricity, So your gun was having 9 times faster of a curent, but small gun with an already small spring, does not need more amps, the Vulcan (presumably) would. So a balance would need to be found.

Edited by P.C. III, 08 March 2008 - 01:08 PM.

QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#474 Peter

Peter

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

Before making assertions about physics, learn what you're talking about.

Voltage = Current * Resistance

Amps = Amount of Electricity flowing per second

Voltage = potential difference. Aka, the maximum possible output of electricity.

That is why you can be shocked with 355000 volts of electricity, and not die.

Migher amps= More spring compressing power.
More Voltage= Higher rof.

Voltage is how fast the electricity is moving, amps is the amount of electricity, So your gun was having 9 times faster of a curent, but small gun with an already small spring, does not need more amps, the Vulcan (presumably) would. So a balance would need to be found.

Also, 6 D batteries when wired in parallel have a voltage of 9, the same as a single 9v battery. If you are using 3 9 volts, the amps change. I = V/R. 27/R is larger than 9/R.

Let me reiterate: The only thing that is constant in batteries is the VOLTAGE. The resistance and current all depend on the circuit.

One battery does not have more amps than another, since amps depend on the circuit. Please, stop confusing people.

LastManAlive, your pistol started going faster because you added more potential difference to it. AAAA - D batteries all have a potential difference of 1.5V each, just with a different amount of capacitance.

1 Car battery = 12V, current in gun = 12/R

6 D Batteries = 9V, current in gun = 9/R

1 9V Battery = 9V, current in gun = 9/R

That being said, I do not recommend doing anything past 9v on this gun, you don't want the damage the circuits and motor. It will heat up and can eventually break much faster is a larger voltage is used.

Edited by Peter, 08 March 2008 - 02:41 PM.

#475 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:20 PM

I believe this gentlemen^ Has just scored and ultra kill now please no more BATTERY BABBLE.
You have some information on the blaster by all means put it up but you better have some proof.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users