NerfMonkey's Content

There have been 1000 items by NerfMonkey (Search limited from 18-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#62563 Zero's Site

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 August 2005 - 11:11 PM in Off Topic

your link

Hey, try it yourself. The address is www.foammodified.web1000.com, it's going to give you shit no matter whose link you use.

#62557 Zero's Site

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 August 2005 - 08:51 PM in Off Topic

I typed in the address for Zero's site, Foam Modified, and it gave me some shit about online dating. And another time it gave me the Chamber of E-commerce page that it gives me when I type in an invalid Web1000 address. I guess it's gone. Damn, that was one of my favorite Nerf sites.

#62571 Zero's Site

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 August 2005 - 11:56 AM in Off Topic

Thanks a lot for the other link Zero. I was really pissed when I couldn't read your site. Good luck moving it.

#103212 Your Weapon Setup.

Posted by NerfMonkey on 30 April 2007 - 05:42 PM in Off Topic

Wait Nitewalker, you can NEVER have too many guns. I usually carry 3, sometimes 4 into a war with me at one.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Not to be rude.

As for me, it used to be a Big Blast and Secret Shot but the BB's trigger broke, which is probably for the better anyway since using that gun was getting really lame and boring. So now it's probably going to be a Powerclip and an L'nL.

#51401 Your Pope Died.

Posted by NerfMonkey on 02 April 2005 - 06:58 PM in Off Topic

Yes, the Pope died just today, the second of April. He was able to speak in twenty-eight different languages fluantly, including Japanese and English. Rest in peace.

#341998 Your first NIC war and your first blaster

Posted by NerfMonkey on 17 September 2014 - 10:39 AM in Site Feedback

DCNO on January 21, 2006. You were going to go, Langley, but I think you had car troubles or something. It ended up being me, Hersh, Groove, and a kid from PA named Vince who rode with me and my mom to the war. I used a Max Shot with a CPVC barrel that shot about 65'.

Vince and I hardly knew each other, and it was really fucking awkward having two weird guys and a mom in one hotel room.

#124896 Your Desktop

Posted by NerfMonkey on 03 October 2007 - 02:56 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image

Wax bomb.

#57933 Your Combo

Posted by NerfMonkey on 22 June 2005 - 03:07 PM in General Nerf

LMS, you're alive! :w00t: Yeah, I forgot to mention, for indoors I use an RF20 and NF, but outside I will be using my singled Tek 10 (turret was messed up), and if I can, I am going to mod it with four barrels to increase RoF. I carry an NF in all wars regardless of all my other weapons, except for one-hit-kill wars.

#57785 Your Combo

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 June 2005 - 10:36 PM in General Nerf

Dual NFs or an RF20 and an NF, but now that my AT2k is modded I might use that and I am thinking of using CPVC to remod my Airzone Crossbow, so if that goes good I might use that.

#74430 Your Choice Of Weapons

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 February 2006 - 07:22 PM in General Nerf

There was a thread about gear a while back, but this is different. I think it's interesting to hear what people are using, so I'll start off.

I use a PC indoors but haven't gotten a chance to test it outdoors yet; I usually use a Maxshot outdoors and I never carry more than 20 darts. You just don't need that much ammo. Plus I actually tend to use stock darts in my PC more than Stefans because my foam sucks and isn't tight enough and stocks just fit well and are accurate.

You also don't need gear; it's not painful enough to warrant any kind of armor or the like, and ammo holders and (at least for me, I understand fully that people can and do use them effectively) holsters/straps aren't usually needed. I carry a PC or Maxshot and a few extra Stefans in my pocket. I only wear protective glasses if playing against guns that shoot upwards of about 60', and only if I'm playing from close ranges.

Oh, to actually answer your question, I voted super light, because I tend to carry only one weapon and not many darts.

#74482 Your Choice Of Weapons

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 February 2006 - 11:25 PM in General Nerf

Oops, I didn't realize this was a hypothetical story...thing, I thought you meant like what I actually use. Disregard my above post, I've really got nothing to add.

#105799 Your Best Paintjobs/modifications

Posted by NerfMonkey on 15 May 2007 - 09:46 PM in General Nerf

I hope I provoked some thoughts in your mind, Bakura. If you still want to go, I don't think anyone will stop you.

http://www.nerfhq.com/

Don't dump shit like that all over NHQ. I'm not letting that douchebag stay there.

#64598 Your Armory

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 September 2005 - 05:06 PM in General Nerf

Sorry, I'm a retard. I meant bottom left. Sorry about that.

#83746 Your Armory

Posted by NerfMonkey on 24 June 2006 - 03:49 PM in General Nerf

Stop reprimanding newbs for crappy grammar or posting in old threads. Leave it to the people whose jobs it is to yell at people. You're getting on my nerves.

#64594 Your Armory

Posted by NerfMonkey on 29 September 2005 - 04:51 PM in General Nerf

Ren, what is that odd looking gun in your pictures, bottom right in the first pic that has a reddish barrel that looks like it's from a ballgun and has a neato handle and AK-47 magazine...thing?

#81965 Yet Another Sharpshooter 2 Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 17 May 2006 - 05:02 PM in Modifications

http://nerfhaven.com/mods/cxwq_ssii/

It's not really a new idea.

#62809 Yet Another Rf20 Topic.

Posted by NerfMonkey on 31 August 2005 - 11:22 AM in Modifications

I've had this problem with my first one, pissed me off horribly.

Check the piece that goes over right where the air comes out, the black piece with the two holes in it that makes a seal with the barrels. Make absolutely sure that you put it in with the holes right in line with the barrels and put the little support things on the back (the little wings) inside ths slots they go in. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, refer to the Den of Foam.

#118742 Yellow Nf Spring Vs Older Nf Spring

Posted by NerfMonkey on 07 August 2007 - 07:06 PM in Modifications

They're pretty much the same size but you'd be surprised at the difference in how difficult it is to compress an old style NF spring compared to a new one. If you're going to add bungees or bands to the gun it won't make much of a difference anyway but if you don't plan on doing that I recommend the old style spring; it'll make a huge difference.

#94181 Yay Im Happy!

Posted by NerfMonkey on 11 November 2006 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

No.

The kid posted a thread asking for Maverick mods. Do you know how many writeups there are for an array of different mods for that gun? He couldn't even type a readable post, which is clearly stated in the rules he was supposed to read before joining. If you don't think that's worthy of a suspension and that telling someone like that they're a jackass is, go away please.

#100449 Xxl Skeet Shoot Modification.

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 February 2007 - 04:02 PM in Modifications

OH MY GOD. You got an XxL to shoot 150+ feet? That, my friend, is the work of the gods. I can't get the video to work for some reason though.

It's not really an XxL anymore if he put a Big Blast in...it's a turreted Big Blast.

I'm curious to see what one of these can do with the stock spring and plunger and new barrels. I want one now. Nice, clean integration.

#263364 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 January 2010 - 10:41 PM in Off Topic

I could have edited this into my last post but want people to notice it. If you send me a friend request make sure you let me know you're from NH. I got a request from a random gamertag today and can only assume it's somebody from here but I'm not sure.

#262665 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 January 2010 - 10:08 PM in Off Topic

I'm terrible at games.

#84989 Xbow Problem

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 July 2006 - 07:10 PM in Modifications

And, if you want to know my ranges, with a good dart I can get 75-80+ and angled 90-100+.

So...what you're saying is that your 3B gets over 80' flat with mega Stefans? That doesn't sound quite right.

What's the problem if the gun you expected not to get good range gets better range than your other one? As long as they both work for you don't worry about it. Unless your Crossbow's range really sucks or something, but if you didn't even notice until your 3B was modded, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

#66531 Xbow Barrel Length?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 24 October 2005 - 06:48 PM in Modifications

I forget who said this, but the best method is just to cut down the barrel and see the ranges until they drop or just reach the range you want, then keep it right at that length.

#278560 Wtf I Cant Get In To The Gallery

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 June 2010 - 03:54 PM in General Nerf

Most of the links on the front page sidebar (gallery, modifications, homemades, etc) are old and unused these days anyway. I don't think there were many (any?) useful pics in the gallery. You'll find the best source of modded-blaster pics in the Modification/paintjob Pictures thread.

The gallery had a bunch of pictures from SoCal wars. There might have been some videos too. I'm pretty sure that's all that was in there but I haven't looked in years.

If you want to see old war pictures (6+ years ago) I guess you're SOL. But you might still be able to access some of the videos if you dig through the old war threads and find the video links that cxwq posted. I don't even know if those links will take you anywhere now though.

#68441 Wtf

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 November 2005 - 12:41 PM in Off Topic

Sorry Talio, won't happen next time.

#68418 Wtf

Posted by NerfMonkey on 27 November 2005 - 12:05 PM in Off Topic

Sorry Talio, won't happen next time.

#87649 Wow

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 August 2006 - 05:37 PM in General Nerf

Magstrike:
Modded - you can get an extra few feet of range, but nothing special.

50', that's an extra 15' of range modded, not exactly a "few feet."

N-Strike Unity System:
The Hornet is an air-powered shotgun that can fire 6 darts semi-auto or all of the darts at the same time. It has a shitty pump and it can take up to 30 pumps to pump it

30?! It should only take 20 pumps, max. 30 is pushing it with a plugged pump.

Hope this helps, they are all good for just "fooling around the house" with, so it just depends on what sounds good to you and you're friends.

Well put. Just be careful not to break anything fragile with the Titan missile lupo. :D

I hope it didn't seem like I was trying to be a little bitch, I was just trying to give lupo the correct info and fix anything I thought was wrong with your post.

#64419 Winter Vs Nerf Guns

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 September 2005 - 09:03 PM in General Nerf

Cold has no effect on Stefans down to at least 20 degrees F, I've left them in the snow and it didn't do anything to them. It's fine.

#197757 Winter Ohio War

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 December 2008 - 02:35 PM in Nerf Wars

There's another war coming up in March?

I regret missing this one so I'll try to make it if there is another one coming up.

#62270 Wildfire Predetor Style

Posted by NerfMonkey on 20 August 2005 - 12:18 AM in Modifications

I thought AVP sucked ass...

Anyway, it's a really good idea. I like it; it might be a little bulky to have the thing all over you, but if you wanted to be a one-man army, it's a great itdea. Plus I've always wanted to have a gun on my head so I could shoot wherever I looked, so with a little um...mod to your mod I could put the platform thing for the turreted part of the gun on my head. It's a brilliant idea and it could easily work with some vinyl or other tubing.

Nice job, tell us if you end up doing it - I'd like to see this bad boy in action.

#60112 Why Not, Eh?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 24 July 2005 - 06:39 PM in Off Topic

You should add the option "My parents won't let me"

I'd guess that means you don't own a computer.

No, I don't have my own computer; all I have is the family computer but I might get my own soon.

#59369 Why Not, Eh?

Posted by NerfMonkey on 15 July 2005 - 01:57 AM in Off Topic

You should add the option "My parents won't let me" in there. :blush: Don't ask why, I don't know, but my dad pretty much doesn't let me have anything on the computer but AOL and IE, but I will ask again and see if I can convince him.

Hmm...I wonder how many will vote "I don't own a computer." Good luck with it. Plus I hadn't heard about it till now, but I don't see why that's a reason not to do it, but mine is, again, not allowed. I'll try again to gain permission and do it, which I might be able to do, so expect about 50% to see me on the list in the next week.

If I can't then good luck everyone and it's a good thing you're doing, but I might be able to pitch in. I hope so.

#47306 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by NerfMonkey on 15 February 2005 - 05:57 PM in General Nerf

All good points. There are a lot of people at my middle school who like Nerf, but when I refer to it as a sport, most of them just shake their head or act like I'm crazy. Nerf is popular, it's just that there're a lot of jerks who seem like they want it to become less popular.

#47400 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by NerfMonkey on 17 February 2005 - 07:52 AM in General Nerf

What exactly do you mean by, "lose the suction cup darts"? I don't want it to be like Airsoft or Paintball, I like Nerf as Nerf, its own unique sport.

#47312 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by NerfMonkey on 15 February 2005 - 08:13 PM in General Nerf

Viva Nerf, Nintendo, and Bush.

Not to start an argument, but Amen to that!

#47272 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 February 2005 - 08:56 PM in General Nerf

Just today some fat moron was making fun of my friends and me for Nerfing, while he plays no sports at all. Think I might invite him over tomorrow... heh heh

#47178 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 February 2005 - 05:24 PM in General Nerf

I constantly try to explain how fun Nerfing is to people and they always just say, "That's really immature and dumb. Play airsoft or paintball." It pisses me off.

#47342 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 February 2005 - 04:10 PM in General Nerf

That was a real nice article, Falcon. :ph34r:

#47183 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 February 2005 - 06:05 PM in General Nerf

That's how I got a lot of my friends into Nerf. I got a few guns for my birthday, invited my pals over and shot the balls off of 'em. Now almost all my friends have a few guns.