cheyner's Content

There have been 215 items by cheyner (Search limited from 25-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#265874 You May Not Want To Re-barrell Your 4b Just Yet...

Posted by cheyner on 18 February 2010 - 01:31 PM in Modifications

This is cool but how does the blaster that come with it work. Just to confirm.

I've seen these before, and if I'm not mistaken the handle is hollow foam, and you squeeze your hand to shot it.

My bad, skimmed the confirm part.

#265827 You May Not Want To Re-barrell Your 4b Just Yet...

Posted by cheyner on 18 February 2010 - 12:12 AM in Modifications

..and it comes with some sort of little gun thing which looks like it might make a nice handle.

I've seen these before, and if I'm not mistaken the handle is hollow foam, and you squeeze your hand to shot it. It was $5 where I saw it, so needless to say I did not buy one to confirm my theory on the firing.

#310322 Wrist Mounted Flywheel Gauntlet Blaster

Posted by cheyner on 29 January 2012 - 08:21 PM in Homemades

Bringing the Quick 16 to mind, you should maybe move away from having it be a drum shape. Make it more of a gradual spiral shape to accommodate the large head on taggers. You could also make your clip larger this way as it would be spiraling up your arm, limiting clip size to what you are comfortable having strapped to your forearm, you could go pretty much all the way to your elbow.

#310085 Wrist Mounted Flywheel Gauntlet Blaster

Posted by cheyner on 25 January 2012 - 04:14 PM in Homemades

The tube magazine could work, use a end cap with a hole drilled into it so you can attach some vinyl tubing. Then simply run it up your arm and to a clip on the neck of your shirt, simply blow to load another dart.

#322372 Work Out Mat Barrel Spacers

Posted by cheyner on 08 October 2012 - 08:16 PM in Darts and Barrels

These rock, I actually seen a bag of these at my local Value Village, they wanted 3 times more then what you paid though so I passed.
Would you be willing to make a RFDG spacer out of the purple for me? If it fits that is, most of those pieces look too small.
Although, a half green, half purple one would look cool locked together.

#322377 Work Out Mat Barrel Spacers

Posted by cheyner on 09 October 2012 - 12:19 AM in Darts and Barrels

That's friggin sweet.

#294552 Why Lock Threads In Off-topic?

Posted by cheyner on 15 February 2011 - 11:24 PM in Site Feedback

This is why: http://www.nerfhq.co...x.php?board=7.0

Well played sir.

This is called Nerf Haven for a reason, it is a haven from stupid shit.

#307961 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by cheyner on 01 December 2011 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

Alternatively, most stick lumber comes in tarps, a few questions towards the right people should get you all the tarp you need, for free.

Any store that sells lumber should be able to help you with this, no problem.

Depending on what you need the thin-wall PVC for, the tube used for central vac piping is 1 1/2 O.D. and fits over 1 1/4 PVC with a bit of a gap. It isn't the strongest though, so I don't know how well it will like mechanical fasteners.

Edit: I double checked today, I lied, it is not 1 1/2 O.D, it is 2" O.D..

#339225 Whats happened with Canada?

Posted by cheyner on 29 May 2014 - 07:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Forsaken Angel and his crew retired from hosting after the last Hell had about 8-10 of us show up. Basically the vets have retired and not enough young guns have stepped up to fill the void. Some of us have tried hosting wars, but being outside of the GTA has led to less than desired turnouts.

#322521 Vote for NH's Next Avatar Pack

Posted by cheyner on 12 October 2012 - 10:09 PM in Off Topic

I second Transformers, more of them that is I guess.

What about professional sports logos?

#298332 Very simple crossbow modification

Posted by cheyner on 20 May 2011 - 05:37 PM in Modifications

And if you have a tight enough dart fit, you can shoot a foot of brass at somebody.

#295529 Vengeance 4

Posted by cheyner on 07 March 2011 - 08:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Are we going to get a chance to play some type of game on the hill this year?
I'm still maybe, but I will sell my soul to make it if I have to.

#296127 Vengeance 4

Posted by cheyner on 16 March 2011 - 06:14 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm leaving now to finish paying for Bookworms ring, so we will both be there.

I will bring my core, and obstacles incase its decided they could be useful.

#276355 Vengeance #1 Video

Posted by cheyner on 29 May 2010 - 05:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Another fine piece of work Angel. The clip of Slushi jumping Crooked was great.
Cannot wait to see your next piece of art.

#314110 Vengeanace 6

Posted by cheyner on 07 April 2012 - 07:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Love the teaser trailer.

Made another 4 barriers today, have at least 16 now. That's pretty much my max, my trunk cannot fit any more. Consider cover in the open field taken care of.

#311900 VANS Are Not Slugs

Posted by cheyner on 26 February 2012 - 04:35 PM in Darts and Barrels

What are you actually calling these? You have 3 different names that I have seen so far.

#289910 Underground

Posted by cheyner on 03 December 2010 - 04:46 PM in Nerf Wars

For your sake I hope nothing happens in those 70 year old tunnels.

#300307 Tyco RC Rapid Assault

Posted by cheyner on 21 June 2011 - 05:36 PM in Modifications

Fucking please; have you met automilkshake?

I'm still waiting for another ground breaking mod from him, he is my idol.

I love this mod MiG, this would be pretty effective at Massacre. But I think it would be better suited for Scano if you could mount the turret sideways. You would be able to drive up the middle of the portables and clear out one side. It's a Toronto school yard, so I'm fairly confident it wouldn't have any problems with the terrain, unless needles and used condoms stop it in it's tracks.

#272593 Turrets Info

Posted by cheyner on 18 April 2010 - 04:19 PM in Homemades

"Scouting" in this case means visiting regularly, over and over, for months and months.
I've been stopping by a certain Goodwill store (happens to be the one nearest to Blue's house) about twice a month for maybe two years, because it's on a route I need to travel anyway, and I find something interesting only once in a while.

Take this to heart, thrift shops such as Goodwill and Value Village (Canada) are goldmines. At least 75% of my blasters are second hand. They usually have an abundance of turrets in the form of Tek 6's. Some will even set aside nerf guns for you if you ask. I have a couple of guys doing that for me at Value Village and it has paid off. In the last month or 2 I have gotten a SM3K, a Big Salvo, 4 Big Blasts, a Magstrike, SM1500, and a Cyclone.

#293305 The Semiauto Salvo

Posted by cheyner on 24 January 2011 - 05:22 PM in Modifications

Holy shit..... that thing is awesome! Just whatever you do, don't paint it pink

If experience has taught us anything, it will be white and pink when the time comes.

You never fail to amaze me Buffdaddy. I love the way that thing looks.

#294832 The Redneck Hunting Rifle

Posted by cheyner on 21 February 2011 - 03:37 PM in Modifications

I just noticed this, you can turn the breach around when open? I like this even more now.

#274141 The Overkill: This Is What Happens When A Titan And A Longshot Have Ch

Posted by cheyner on 05 May 2010 - 09:41 PM in Modifications

Isnt this the guy that taught Forsaken_Angel24 everything he knows?

And those are the re-sized pics?

#347261 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by cheyner on 17 June 2015 - 05:47 PM in Nerf Wars

A permit will go a long way to get more vets. Many of us are still bitter about being kicked out of the park Vengeance used to be held at.
Also, if the permit allows sticking things in the ground I have many obstacles I can bring and would really like to pass onto somebody else after the war.

#347219 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by cheyner on 15 June 2015 - 10:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe.
Do you have a permit?
How firm are you on slingshot darts?

#347241 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by cheyner on 16 June 2015 - 10:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Check out Canadian Nerfers on facebook. Most of us Ontario nerfers are on there including all the old guys from the GTA. I posted a link last night and this war is building a lot of interest, might pass that 20 person mark with this one.
The relaxing of the darts helps a lot. I have several hundred that are a few years old that have just been sitting there itching to fly.
Are Cobras firing large ammo ok?

#323894 The HomeWrecker V1.0

Posted by cheyner on 24 November 2012 - 06:24 PM in Homemades

Nice Work MiG, I have been wondering if Brafasco sells springs or not, now I know. Convenient as I have one just up the road from me.

Interesting side note, its actually Curling.

#302518 The Giant Caulk

Posted by cheyner on 29 July 2011 - 09:32 PM in Homemades

Somebody has to say it, I love your giant caulk Buffdaddy.

I will have to dig through all the different caulk guns at work tomorrow to see if they will work.

#267729 The 65-b 6 Barrel Buzz Bee Big Blast

Posted by cheyner on 02 March 2010 - 11:28 PM in Modifications

However, although I've never integrated a turret onto a non-turret blaster, I wonder if the added weight in front of the blaster will detach the coupler from the blaster or not. Is there something that will support the added weight or is it alright the way it is ?

The barrel is cut off at the first plastic wall with a nub sticking out flush with the inside of the coupler. The coupler is crazy glued and hot glued to both the barrel and the shell.
I took a shit load of pictures, but for some reason none with the shell open.

Thanks for all of the positive feed back so far everybody.

#267704 The 65-b 6 Barrel Buzz Bee Big Blast

Posted by cheyner on 02 March 2010 - 10:36 PM in Modifications

I was sitting around one night when I just happened to look at a Tek 6 turret that was laying next to a Big Blast, when I noticed the Tek 6 turret is the same size as the opening in the front of the Big Blast. Right away I knew what had to be done, that turret needed to go into that Big Blast.

Materials:
Buzz Bee Big Blast
Tek 6 Turret (I suggest one that does NOT have cross style posts)
6ish feet of cpvc (much, much less if you use another barrel material)
4ish inches of 1/2" pvc
1 cpvc coupler
1 cpvc street elbow
1 pvc coupler (or whatever you use to couple a Big Blast)
Glue of some sort
Dremel

First start with your turret. I highly suggest NOT using one with cross style posts. These turrets are one solid peice with the posts glued from the back.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Remove the screw from the front and take out the star shaped peice, this will be important so dont lose it. Now remove the posts with your desired method. I twisted off the posts and then hammered out the rest with a metal rod I had lying around. You have now created your perfect rear loading holes in the back of the turret. You will also notice that the rotation mech is attatched to the barrels. This is why you dont want to use this turret if you can avoid it. Huge pain in the ass.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Time to bust out the dremel. Basically cut off everything, try and save as much of the slots that the rotation mech slides in as you can. I noticed these too late, and as such mine are a bit short, well the perfect length, but i wish they were just a bit longer. To remove the rotation mech just cut around the hole the screw goes in and it should fall right out. In the end you should have this:
Posted Image
Posted Image

The second star shaped piece has been stolen from another Tek 6. It's more or less a cosmetic peice on this style of turret so it will not be missed on a stock blaster. Enlarge the hole so that the screw can fit through it.
Posted Image

Cut a length of cpvc, the length depends on your screwdriver. Cut it as long as the shaft on your screwdriver.
Posted Image

Sand down the ends so that your star shaped peices can fit on. Glue them in place, you now have a good length barrel spacer.
Posted Image

Picture limit

#267708 The 65-b 6 Barrel Buzz Bee Big Blast

Posted by cheyner on 02 March 2010 - 10:39 PM in Modifications

Screw the spacer onto the rotation mech and start glueing on the barrels. While you do this, you have to make sure that the rotation mech stays in the tabs.
Posted Image

The main reason the rotation mech is not glued to the pvc is for fine tuning. For the seal I used a bit of arrow foam, glue the foam to the pvc/cpvc on the elbow. To stabilize the turret i cut a bit of the original barrel and notched it so that it fits the pvc rotation mech holder. Foam has been glued to this as well to help put a little bit more pressure on the top. Another thing I did to improve the seal a bit was fill the back of the turret with hot glue.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cut the barrel off of your Big Blast and slap a 1/2" pvc coupler on there however you see fit.
Cut a hole in your Big Blast shell for rear loading the turret. Close the shell back up and insert the tee into the coupler.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Finished.
No ranges yet, as its too cold and windy to bother.
All measurements are guesstimates.
The barrels are temporary as well so I dont want to hear about how shitty they look.
Questions? Comments?

#267962 The 65-b 6 Barrel Buzz Bee Big Blast

Posted by cheyner on 04 March 2010 - 12:17 AM in Modifications

Is the tek 6 turret piece actually stabilized in the 'end cap' of the BBBB? if not, would it be practical to move the entire turret assembly back to the very beginning of the BBBB tank and thus minimize the overall length of the gun by about 6 inches?
I don't own a BBBB so i'm not sure how narrow the actual internals are, but there seems to be a lot of unnecessary length of 'barrel' before the end of the blaster (in all BBBB's)

Once I get ahold of some e-putty it will be supported on the lip, it more or less just needs to have a slot built. It's literally like Buzz-Bee was going to do this themselves, the turret is a perfect fit.
And you could easily move this back with some more cutting, as is I can pull the whole thing off and stick it on any other gun with a 1/2 inch pvc coupler.

Sweet. Couldn't you stick some epoxy on the side of the street elbow cut (facing the rotation mech) to seal it better? It would suck if that redirection work was leaking out air. Also, at the turret seal, you could cut half of an end cap and stick it on the end, leaving an inner "lip" for a rubber gasket to be seated.

Foam was all I had handy at the time. I am deffinantly going to try that end cap idea, but instead of the end cap I'm going to move the pvc section up a hair. As is though, the foam slides much better over the glue then rubber would. I am hoping to eventually replace the glue with e-putty, or something similar.

On the topic of your barrells, I suggest PETG, possiby from OMC. All in all it seems very simple yet effective, you may.want to seal your rearloding slot so your not loosing darts into your gun. Do pics if you replace the barrells soonish.

Once there is room in my budget I will be shooting a pm to whoever is selling at the time, which would be Split at the moment. The barrels are a bit tight for an air-gun, so I'm not to worried about darts falling out.
Plus, the only things that are cut on the shell are the rear loading slot and the orange ring on the front, so darts wont go to far if they do fall out.

Once again, thanks for all the positive feed back.

#267707 The 65-b 6 Barrel Buzz Bee Big Blast

Posted by cheyner on 02 March 2010 - 10:38 PM in Modifications

Set these peices aside, we will come back to them after we have something to hold them.
Grab the tee and cut the top coupler off. Sand out the hole so that the street elbow will fit.
I found that the sanding drum dremel attatchment is a perfect fit.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Take the street elbow and cut a notch in it so air can still pass freely in the tee. Only on one side though.
Posted Image

Cut a section of cpvc (mine was roughly 2 1/2" it can be longer, or shorter) and glue it into the street elbow. Now glue the elbow into the top of the tee. I sanded them down on the top (tee) and bottom (elbow) so they would fit together better.
Posted Image

Grab your rotation mech and cut off the back half of the teeth-dealies. You can cut off all of the teeth, or leave 2 like I did. This is because the rotation mech with the teeth off is a tight fit in 1/2" pvc and I am not glueing it in, the teeth are just a little added assurance that im not turning the rotation mech in the pvc. Cut 2 notches big enough to fit those teeth in the end of the pvc. Stick the rotation mech in the pvc and cut the pvc down so that there is about half an inch of space behind the rotation mech.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cut a bit of cpvc, around 1 1/4". Sand down one end so that it fits in the pvc. Fill it with hot glue and glue it into the tee. Now glue on the pvc.
Posted Image

Cut 2 rings of pvc about half an inch long. Cut a notch into one so that it will not hit the tee, glue this peice onto the end of the cpvc sticking out of the elbow. Cut a 1" section of cpvc and sand down one end enough so that the other pvc ring fits. Glue this onto the other end of the tee.
Posted Image

Now for the fun part, the barrels. Slide the turret base over the rotation mech and then slide the rotation mech into the pvc.
Posted Image

#308685 Terra nova props = NERF

Posted by cheyner on 24 December 2011 - 01:15 AM in Modifications

You are a couple of months late, seeing as the season ended this week.
I was hoping to see a Vulcan used in some way, but considering it was shot in Australia the price probably kept them from doing that.
I do thank you for that link though, that is a very interesting site in general, and should help with a current project of mine.
I didn't realize the Recon was actually 2 hacked and glued together, there are also a couple of other things that make me think it would be pretty hard to still shoot darts, which kinda sucks.
The NF however looks like it only needs a few minor tweaks to make it still be able to fire darts.

#266471 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by cheyner on 22 February 2010 - 05:43 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I noticed those tabs, right after I cut throught them last night. Thankfully it's not gong back in the tek 6
so I dont have to be too picky about the rotation. At least its rear loading now, which is honestly the only reason I'm still working on it.

#266367 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by cheyner on 21 February 2010 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

Yeah I'm in the process of cutting all the barrels off, then im just going to attatch the rotation mech to the insides of the new barrels and hope for the best. Thanks for the offer but if this doesnt work I'm going to change to a Tek 10 turret which is the traditional tek turret (round posts, not cross posts).

#267439 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by cheyner on 01 March 2010 - 12:22 AM in Modifications

The end result of the turret butchering.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#266364 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by cheyner on 21 February 2010 - 08:09 PM in Modifications

Well I'm glad one person paid attention to the post. The turret itself is one piece and the pegs are glued in from the back. So unless boiling water magically makes the barrels expand enough to fit cpvc, I am forced to thank Airsoftguy777 for confirming my fears.

#266482 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by cheyner on 22 February 2010 - 06:57 PM in Modifications

The turret is for a 4B, I'm going to post pics when its done.

#266344 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by cheyner on 21 February 2010 - 05:27 PM in Modifications

Ok, so my current project kinda relies on a Tek 6 turret. I am in the process of re-barreling it but I ran into some what of a problem:
Posted Image
Posted Image

The turret itself is one peice and the pegs are glued in from the back. The rotation mech is attached right to the barrels and all I have to work with is cpvc which doesnt even come close to fitting.
Has anybody encountered and overcome this problem yet?

Edit: For future refrence, I was wondering if anyone had used cpvc to re-barrel one of these turrets before. I should have been clearer with my question. The answer to the question is to hack the shit out of the turret and hope for the best reassembling the thing.

#269291 Tek 6 Interchangable "clip" Mod.

Posted by cheyner on 16 March 2010 - 09:11 AM in Modifications

You are probably going to have to do a rebarrel if you rip out the pegs. The barrels on Tek 6 turrets are much to big for most micro's to have a good fit. If you just rip out the pegs you are going to most likely get worse ranges than stock.