Jappo's Content

There have been 146 items by Jappo (Search limited from 19-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#16855 Sm 1500 Blown Airtank

Posted by Jappo on 22 January 2004 - 01:37 AM in Modifications

Don't pump it too high? How many pumps you put in? 4 is the recommended.

#13345 Scuba Gun

Posted by Jappo on 28 November 2003 - 01:49 AM in Homemades

Ya so a while back Nello and I were working on some homemades when we got another one of friends to start nerfing. The sweet thing is his dad is an FX guy and has tones of sweet materials to work with. Anyways long story short we got a scuba tank that has a max PSI of 1000, and a PSI meter and sweet trigger system for it. It has about a 20" barrel. If i'm lucky I will soon get a picture of it up. This gun is extremly accurate and powerful.

P.S. I wasn't sure if this was a homemade or modification, and another note is that We would never pump it up to 1000 PSI, it would warp the darts, 1/2" PVC has a rating of either 300 or 600PSI and for obvious reasons it would kill.

#20072 Modding Basics

Posted by Jappo on 27 February 2004 - 05:06 PM in Articles

Nice Write up Rags.

I just want to comment that anyone who may not be pleased with their mod, or can't understand how to get it working, don't be afraid to ask. The main point of this is (I'm guessing) to show people how to mod, and refrain from asking ~Stupid~ questions. Although what may seem like a stupid question to other people, it may be important to you. Don't be daunted by flames, just try to do as much research into what you are modding, and check the back pages of the forums, or NHQ forums, or old websites. There is heaps of info out there so take a minute to look at it before you post.

To someone who may have found a new gun, or one that doesn't have many mods, take a chance. Research guns that are like it and hopefully you will find a gun that is similar. Don't be afraid to try new mods that have never been done, because without new mods, we would never have many of the interesting and worthwhile mods we have out there today. Most of important is too have fun, and a good learning experience. If you screw up, its not the end of the world, and you can usually fix it or get a new gun.

Once again great write up Rags!

#15200 Sm 2500

Posted by Jappo on 28 December 2003 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok well my bro got this for christmas and I was wondering if you guys got any great ideas. I'm gonna do a barrel replacement, block the plunger, but not quite sure what else. Maybe once I open it I'll get some good ideas. So anyways, i'll proabably finish this mod within the week and show you guys some pictures.

#15244 Sm 2500

Posted by Jappo on 29 December 2003 - 05:00 PM in Modifications

After careful inspection I realize it is air powered, so its very hopeless to try and modify it less I risk major damage. I have to find a leak in the valve which is going to be impossible *sigh*. Well hopefully I will finish within 3 hours and then post some pics.

Edit: I have succefully tested the mod. I stuck a craola (spelling?) barrel on the end of one of the barrels and it appears to work. As soon as I get some brass I will post the completed project.

#21712 Battlefield: Vietnam

Posted by Jappo on 19 March 2004 - 05:02 PM in Off Topic

I'm gonna get it as soon as I have some spare money. Right now I'm flat broke(After paying for my trip to Hawaii!). But the trailers look awesome for it. If its anything like BF1942 it would be worth getting.

#15322 Uruk Hai Crossbow.

Posted by Jappo on 31 December 2003 - 11:51 AM in Modifications

seems really easy mod to do, but you could just nest a brass barrel inside it and reduce the lenth of the barrel. You proabably know the mod but for anyone else you can do this PVC mod or you can nest a pvc barrel inside to fire micros.

So does the range on it get better than the nested? If so that would be alot better.

#16072 Valencia

Posted by Jappo on 09 January 2004 - 06:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Go on a roadtrip up to BC. Nello and I were think of hosting a Van City war soon, we will release dates as soon as we think of a good time. Maybe we can convince Stefan to join us. Hmmm...

#15664 The Crossbow

Posted by Jappo on 04 January 2004 - 03:24 AM in Off Topic

Here ya go

http://24.85.204.218...mpRevisited.jpg
http://24.85.204.218...lyFireSmall.jpg

Just edit your post.

#13342 Mod For Cps 2500

Posted by Jappo on 28 November 2003 - 01:26 AM in Modifications

I recently modded my CPS into a loser Rifle. I Took apart the gun, carefully cut off the spout, removed the air restrictors/washers/mesh, and added a 3/4" to 1/2" coupler. I then proceded to add a 22" long PVC Barrel (1/2"). It takes about 15 pumps to get it to reasonable pressure, and 20 to get it to its maximum. I was just wondering if PVC is the best to be using with a air pressure loser rifle or if i should try and switch it over to a telescoping brass barrel. Another thing is if i hot glued the hole in the pump would it make pumping take less time/pumps. Any info would be helpful.

P.S. I havn't fully range tested but I'm guessing this gun shoots about 120' at 20 pumps.

#14850 Socom2 Vs Rainbow Six 3

Posted by Jappo on 22 December 2003 - 04:29 AM in Off Topic

Clearly the best is America's Army ops. I know it's blatant propaganda, but it's free and it's awsome. Though I really fail to see how it would encourage anyone to join the army; I usually die at least a third of the time.

You seem to die every game when I see you playing it.

#13354 Mod For Cps 2500

Posted by Jappo on 28 November 2003 - 12:52 PM in Modifications

Thank you guys for all your suggestions. I will proabably test out some internal mods this weekend.

#13435 Several Mods

Posted by Jappo on 30 November 2003 - 02:25 AM in Modifications

Ok thank you for the sling shot mod, looks very cool. The Manta Ray mod site dosn't work for me don't know why. But anyways, thank you for the site(s).

#13431 Several Mods

Posted by Jappo on 30 November 2003 - 02:04 AM in Modifications

Strong Arm, Sling Shot, Manta Ray, Sharpshooter, Electric eel

I might have overskimmed some of the mod sites when looking for these mods, sorry if I did. If anyone knows where some of these mods might be located or if you have an idea for them, please post away.

#13609 Homemade Air Bazooka

Posted by Jappo on 03 December 2003 - 12:22 AM in Homemades

The site is back up so we can see his awesome creations. Man I like how much time you put into these Homemades to make them look so very cool. Mine have purple stains all over them, and are still white with the black lettering. Maybe I should spend some time on looks....

#15229 Good Find

Posted by Jappo on 29 December 2003 - 01:01 PM in General Nerf

Hah! Man we are so lucky. It was in Real Canadian Superstore, Metropolis (The Mall), Vancouver (Burnaby to be more exact), BC, Canada (Duh!). Gonna have a modding party today and mod them along with some of the other guns we got for christmas!

#16147 Straight Stefans

Posted by Jappo on 10 January 2004 - 06:49 PM in Homemades

Just stick them in the dryer on very low heat. In about 5 mins it will be done. Just make sure they don't get too hot.

#18332 Airtech 2k Cpvc

Posted by Jappo on 06 February 2004 - 02:56 PM in Modifications

If they fit to tight you may want to try streching a few. It may improve/fix your problem.

#21389 New Barrel Type Good Results

Posted by Jappo on 15 March 2004 - 09:38 PM in Modifications

Is this the same stuff thats used for aquariums? Do you know what the PSI rating is on it?

I.E. this stuff?

#20779 Cluster Grenade

Posted by Jappo on 06 March 2004 - 02:42 AM in Homemades

Hello? Double post. There is an "Edit" button. Kinda hard to see... but i'm sure you will be able to find it.

#21006 Most Interesting 1500 Break I've Seen

Posted by Jappo on 09 March 2004 - 09:54 PM in Modifications

Maybe Industrial Strength Tweezers?

Or take a long rod of some sort, tip it with hot glue, and jam it down there. If that doesn't work try crazy glue at your own expense.

#21003 Pic

Posted by Jappo on 09 March 2004 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

A personal picture is different from an avatar. When people click on your name it will show your picture.

Posted Image

Im guessing thats the pic you wanted as your avatar.

#18962 Abs Pipe

Posted by Jappo on 13 February 2004 - 09:36 PM in General Nerf

I went and looked up the pressure

All information taken from http://www.keidel.co...vf/pipe-abs.htm

This semi-rigid pipe has pressure ratings between 80 and 160 psi, and is suitable for sewer pipe.

There you have it folks.

#18334 Abs Pipe

Posted by Jappo on 06 February 2004 - 03:14 PM in General Nerf

I think it would work better for Homemades (such as air tanks and such) than a barrel. Im also pretty sure (this is my hardware store) it costs a little more than pvc, and doesn't come in small enough sizes for barrels.

#16853 Bringins Of A God

Posted by Jappo on 22 January 2004 - 01:33 AM in Modifications

Hmm, I'd rather use PETG.

PETG doesn't have joints and couplings and all the other parts that PVC does. You can't really compare the two. For a barrel though, I agree with you.

I don't think he would make a homemade out of PETG. Only the barrel. But that would be sweet, and entire homemade that was clear, except for the occasional spot of glue.

#13607 Plunger Gun

Posted by Jappo on 02 December 2003 - 11:36 PM in Homemades

Ok with the idea of the a Nerf bow I once owned I got an idea of a gun that worked on the principle of using a plunger to push the air rapidly forward. I took a 12" section of 1" PVC and stuck a 14 " 1/2" peice of PVC with a lubed end cap on the end. It created a semi-airtight seal. I then proceded to add a 1" to 1/2" coupler to the end of the 1" PVC and then added a 5 " section of 1/2" PVC for a barrel. To propel the plunger forward when you pulled it back i used an old bike tube (Yes I am that cheap). Sadly when the whole thing was put together it the plunger did not return fast enough to fire a dart more then 15'. It was also very hard to pull back and keep it steady. To correct the problem of the distance you could use a better spring (I.E. a trampoline spring), but this makes it very hard to pull back.

Just thinking about it now, you could mod this gun with a longer barrel, but it at a 75 Degree angel and put some buck shot in it to use it like a mortar. If anyone has ever tried to make a gun like this and have it succed, please post away. If you have any comments about this mod please do tell. Some constructive critiscm would be helpful.

PS this gun is not at all acurate unless you have extremly strong arm muscles to hold a taunt gun perfectly aimed and to release it without moving. Thats all I got today.

#21009 Are They Still Selling The Airtech Series Anywhere

Posted by Jappo on 09 March 2004 - 10:16 PM in Modifications

Click on the search button you lazy bum.

#20741 Nerf Land Mine

Posted by Jappo on 05 March 2004 - 11:30 AM in Homemades

Im just wondering how you will make a big enough airtank for all these barrels without the landmine being seen. Or you would have to get it to extremly high pressure...I doubt PVC would handle it very well. But if you buried the land mine it may hide it a bit.

#20778 Nerf Land Mine

Posted by Jappo on 06 March 2004 - 02:40 AM in Homemades

I doubt PVC would handle it very well

You obviously have no idea what your talking about.

I meant that if he had a small airtank, he would have to have his pressure very high, and PVC isn't rated that high, especially the glue.

#17706 Smoke Out Of My Sspb?

Posted by Jappo on 31 January 2004 - 01:51 PM in General Nerf

Lol Zero, I understood that, but most of the stuff was pointless. "deposited Argon". Heh. But anyways its water because its more of a room temp. compared to what you would need for CO2. Maybe if we did that in Antartica or something it would be CO2.

#13343 Newbie (dont Flame Me!)

Posted by Jappo on 28 November 2003 - 01:38 AM in Homemades

I don't know if this has to much to do with what your talking about but here it goes anyways. When I was at Rona a while back I was looking through the hoses for a trigger for my friends homemade. But what I saw in the aisle gave me an interesting idea. It was a Circular 0 shaped sprinkler that was about 3 inches high. I was thinking if you cut off the top with the holes, and lowered it down enough to have a 1 inch wall, fill it with some cutoffs with a bit of weight, you could make a decent landmine. After you have finished this you could hook it up to some PVC tubing and hook it up to a ball valve resevoir thing about 10' away, or you could just make a trip wire. This would be a perfect trap device. Anyways, I don't know if this has much to do with 'nades, kinda getting off on a tangent. If it were possible to make cheap, good nerf gernades i'm sure they would be out there. The cheapest thing you can use is a paintball gernade, which are expensive, or fireworks which are VERY dangerous to be using in a Nerf war.

#19256 Bolt-action Barrel

Posted by Jappo on 17 February 2004 - 08:00 PM in Homemades

This is currently hosted on my Geocities site, and as we all know, it can be a very evil server. If it goes down, you will just have to wait until I transfer to a better server.

P.S. Stay off the rest of my site :wacko:

#15321 Pvc Pipes

Posted by Jappo on 31 December 2003 - 11:45 AM in Homemades

You could just cut it into 5 feet lengths i'mm pretty sure you could ride with it then. Those valves are just painted but the are normal ball valves.

#15323 The Stock Max Shot

Posted by Jappo on 31 December 2003 - 11:54 AM in General Nerf

an aliminium coupler and a foot of 1/2" chromed copper.

Man all you need to do now is paint your gun random silver, gold, and bronze colours and you will have a nice bling-gun.

#18508 Awesome Movie

Posted by Jappo on 08 February 2004 - 05:26 PM in Off Topic

That was awesome. Some of the stopies were really insane. That movie is so getting submitted to CFox.com.

#15230 The Stock Max Shot

Posted by Jappo on 29 December 2003 - 01:05 PM in General Nerf

I've heard it fires about 35 feet out of the box. I don't exactly see how it will be automatic but w/e. I'm also fairly sure its pretty accurate for a non-modded gun. Check on some of the modding sites, it ususally tells you the range and accuracy beforehand.

P.S. They are pretty cheap (For a new gun, 10 bucks CAN is good, The Urak Hai [However you spell it] Is 30 CAN if you guys want a marker of the prices in CAN)

#24424 Blaspheme! You're Heathens! All Of You!

Posted by Jappo on 17 April 2004 - 01:42 AM in Off Topic

Seems like everyone is using an Athlon proc. I have a 2600+XP... and a 9600 Rad Pro, 512mb DDR. Although I think my MB or vid card may be melting or something. I don't like it... built this comp myslef(first time) and would hate to see it melt.

#16145 Super Soaker Sniper Rifle

Posted by Jappo on 10 January 2004 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

I find that using my modded SS is not very good in a nerf war. It takes to many pumps, too bulky and I can do just as well with my SuperMaxx 1500. Also I use a 22" barrel, 30" just seems rediculous to me.

#15593 Mud Slides

Posted by Jappo on 03 January 2004 - 05:50 PM in Off Topic

death toll by UN count is expected to climb to 50,000 by the end of the month.

#18713 Anyone Nerf Around Niagarafallsontariocan

Posted by Jappo on 10 February 2004 - 09:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Why is there 3 topics on a Niagra falls nerf war? Who the hell did this? Whoever it was go and stand against a wall and prepare to be shot by my newly modded Sm 1500.