Newbie (dont Flame Me!)
Posted 27 November 2003 - 05:26 AM
i am really new to nerf but i have bin reaing around alot. first of all,
i have read a bit about greandes but have never found a design. has anyone got one??
2. homemade idea
i am planning on making a big gun that is multi use.
i was thinking of building zeros "cutlass" with a few changes. i am thinking of making it with the ball valve to get multiple shot. this would mean that i would need a shorter barrel because there is less air being delivered, right?? so, i was thinking of putting in the ball valve and using it as a trooper gun with multiple shots, but then have a screw on barrel to extend the current one, so i can leave the ball valve open and get more air usage. this will increase accuracy... but what about range?????
i was also thinking of using the breech load4er but up the other way (hole facing grond) and putting a clip in itthere would be a spring forcing darts up and the could only go up when hole is open. would this work???
is there anyone on this forum from australia??? i want to know if there is anyone who knows of anywhere in melbourne that stocks nerf.
Posted 27 November 2003 - 06:35 AM
1. Dont know anything about grenades.
2. I made a homemade ball valve gun, usually I only get one good shot out of it for mine so I doubt you could get multiple shots.
3. The breech loader sounds like a good idea.
Posted 27 November 2003 - 07:32 AM
2. If you could make your self a fireing chamber between two ball valves, yes, you could have multiple shots. The consequence is that there will be shot drop off, which is like, when there's less air being delievered to the chamber due to loss of pressure in the tank. This is almost avoided because of the firechamber assembly.
3. A Breach loader? Sounds cool, my rifle is a breach loader. I also had a spring loaded clip, and I must say, it doesn't work to efficiently without shells. You would have to be quick in order to close the breach before another dart gets stuck in the hole. That's the only problem, but with experimentation, you will probably get it right.
Good luck with this, post some pictures maybe? Oh, and there are plenty of nerfers in Australia, theres even a topic about it in nerf wars I believe.
Posted 27 November 2003 - 02:27 PM
Posted 27 November 2003 - 07:19 PM
Edit: Yes, there are Aussie nerfers, Lech being the only one I can remember.
Posted 28 November 2003 - 12:52 AM
i saw that grenade thing befor but it does not have a design. i am not too good at coming up with stuff myself either.
Posted 28 November 2003 - 01:38 AM
Posted 28 November 2003 - 09:54 PM
same shit, different sprinkler type..... idea has been used but still not bad at all....
Posted 28 November 2003 - 10:03 PM
Just remember that the large spaces involved with the classic Unknown Breech (1" PVC with a 1/2" PVC barrel) will cause jams unless additional precautions are taken. If I were you, I'd consider gravity-fed, with some kind of restriction system, like a wedge that pokes into the clip sideways (takes advantage of cylindrical shape to roll darts away), to separate the next dart from all the others, just before the breech is opened. Of course, this means classic "springbox" mechanics, which is just annoying, but perfectly doable with a scrollsaw and a little patience.
Otherwise, you seem to know what you're doing, so good luck!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users