Bolt-action Barrel

Writeup

9 replies to this topic

#1 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:57 PM

I have just finished a write up on my Bolt-Action barrel system. It is rather primatve, but the only other bolt system I recall seeing is Boltsniper's, so I just made this simple system which I will improve on in the future.
http://www.geocities..._sk8n/nbab.html

P.S. Sorry about the quality of some of the pictures. I will try to get new ones up as soon as possible.

Edited by Nello, 17 February 2004 - 08:47 PM.

"The older you get the more and more like yourself you become." D. Krell

#2 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 08:00 PM

This is currently hosted on my Geocities site, and as we all know, it can be a very evil server. If it goes down, you will just have to wait until I transfer to a better server.

P.S. Stay off the rest of my site :wacko:
"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#3 Ranger

Ranger

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 09:41 PM

That looks pretty good. I like how you used brass, it looks "shelly", instead of bolt_snipers PVC. I would try and put it on something like a... 3B or Max Shot. It also looks a little odd.
n00bs with n00b t00bs.. You'll know what I'm talking about if you play Enemy Territory.

#4 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 07:08 PM

Spunky. Lots of solder. I forgot that new SM1500's were so ugly. Any leaks due to cutting? I know getting brass to remain perfectly formed after machining is rather hard...

Looks nice and compact. Good job!

Edited by Zero Talent, 21 February 2004 - 07:09 PM.

"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#5 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 07:12 PM

I'll buy one of those of you for 8 bucks plus shipping.

#6 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 03:44 PM

Just make one he gives insructions.
Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

#7 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 04:04 PM

For one I can't find any brass around my area and to I'm just lazy.

#8 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 04:41 PM

The barrel does leak a bit, but I used a dremel cutting wheel to minimize damage to the tubing. The increased RoF is, in my opinion, worth the small range penalty. About the solder job, I was concentrating more on not lighting the PVC on fire then getting a small bead. Poisonous fumes aren't terribly fun. Yes, those 1500's got more than their share of beatings from the ugly stick, but when you find 2 of em for 7 and 5 bucks each, it doesn't matter.

If you are interested in buying one, do note that I live in Canada, so shipping will be higher. Also, the barrel itself took me about 4 hours to build (note: because it is the first one made, I had to fix unexpected problems with my design), so it is a large time commitment for a busy student like myself to make. I figure 8 bucks USD is about 10-12 Canadian which is about right when you add 12" of 9/16 brass ($4.15 at my hobby store), 3.5" of 19/32" brass (approx. 1.25 for 3.5 but I have to buy 1 foot for $4.30) and the 9/32" brass (approx $2). The coupler and pvc come out to 1$ which brings the grand total to about 11.45 Canadian. This however, does not include the time I spend making it. I think it would be cheaper for you to just look in your phonebook (or yellow pages) and find a hobby shop.

Edited by Nello, 22 February 2004 - 04:44 PM.

#9 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 09:06 PM

Huh I don't live in Canada and I don't have a dreamel ethier.

#10 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 11:20 PM

Well, I know you don't live in Canada, but I'm trying to tell you that shipping will be higher. Also, I am too busy to be making these things and shipping them out to people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users