Ro-Sham-Bo's Content

There have been 120 items by Ro-Sham-Bo (Search limited from 22-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#143980 The Vulcan

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 05 March 2008 - 10:43 AM in General Nerf

If the Longshot handle on the side is truly to lock in and unlock the chain, all one would have to do is: (Assuming the chain falls out the other side when all used up) pull back the handle, place new chain in box, push handle to relock chain, resume firing.
This is all assuming that the speculation is right and it normally isn't too accurate. Still, that’s how I assume reloading it will be. This would only work should you have another preloaded chain somewhere handy. If you don’t, you’re sol when you run out of ammo, and have to go pick some up and reload your chain.

#141585 The Vulcan

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 20 February 2008 - 07:41 PM in General Nerf

Heres how I think the Vulcan may fire. The motor spins the gear. The gear spinning pushes on the bottom of the plunger and creates tension in the spring. When the gap in the gear gets around to the bottom of the plunger, the gun fires. Rinse Lather Repeat. This is the way an old automatic airsoft gun fires.
Posted Image
EDIT: Direction of rotation in the picture is backwards.

#133353 +bow

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 21 December 2007 - 09:39 PM in Homemades

This looks absolutely awesome. If the kits are cheap enough, I'll probably buy one or two.

#134870 Nerf Recon Spring Fix

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 03 January 2008 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

Any range tests yet?

#135045 Nerf Recon Spring Fix

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 05 January 2008 - 11:05 AM in Modifications

I made a pretty easy CPVC breech in about three hours including planning and unsrewing with my uber small screwdriver, and not using my left index finger..

When do you intend to post a write up?

#134878 Nerf Recon Spring Fix

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 03 January 2008 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

Any range tests yet?

Sorta, like I said, the shots can vary a lot, because of the streamlines, but its about 40 ft across my basement and I can hit the wall from one side to another.

Well, if that is indeed true, I'll be doing this shortly. I like the idea too. I wonder if it would work on other guns.

#295838 Bs-12 Advanced Tactical Nerf Rifle

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 11 March 2011 - 08:57 PM in Homemades

I've never seen such craftsmanship. Once again, you've outdone yourself. Seeing the FAR got me in and seeing this is pulling me back in after a long absence. Absolutely amazing work.

#220050 Your Worst Nerf Related Injury

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 26 March 2009 - 09:01 PM in General Nerf

Modding: I had a buddy over and he thought it would be funny as hell to put an entire tube of superglue on my work surface and not tell me. I put my hand in it and removed almost all of the skin from my palm. Looked cool on the desk though.
Nerfing: A different buddy this time, shot me with a modded titan in the ear from about a foot away. Thank God it was just the missile and not one of the singled shots.

Interestingly enough, Firefox 3 lists butterfingers as a word to replace nerfing. (Firefox does not have nerfing in it's dictionary)

#138927 Nf Crossbow Style

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 06 February 2008 - 12:21 PM in Modifications

This thing looks damn cool. One suggestion I would make is that you use a full/chopped down AR-15 Spring

#193867 Maverick / Titan Integration

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 03 December 2008 - 09:06 PM in Modifications

Took the mod right out of my head. I honestly have one of these on my desk mid mod/integration. Excellent job.

#131608 A New Longshot Mod

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 07 December 2007 - 06:05 PM in Modifications

The pictures dont show up for me either.

#211463 N-strike Raider Rapid Fire Cs-35 Press Release

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 11 February 2009 - 05:21 PM in General Nerf

The release date says fall 09 but, like the recon and everything else, will probably be out fairly early. I can bet anything that OMC knows something about this but is unable to tell us publicly due to his blood oath or whatever Hasbro has with him in return for telling him things.

#257132 Ballzooka Mp150

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 23 November 2009 - 06:11 PM in Modifications

This is possibly the greatest thing I've seen in months. I might have to drive down to Ohio to see this beast in action.

#155621 Wayne Tech Tri-fire Blaster

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 12 May 2008 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

They have these somewhere around me but, I'm still a little wary of getting one. On top of that, They are a little on the expensive side for me.

#147293 Motorized Buzzsaw Mod

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 27 March 2008 - 04:07 PM in Modifications

Excellent first post. The write-up was clear and easy to understand. Good Job and welcome to NerfHaven.

#251990 Nerf 1928 Tommy Gun

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 28 September 2009 - 04:36 PM in Homemades

I don't care if it's uglier than your mother as long as it works. I want to see proof before I pass any judgment. Video proof would work nicely, until some is posted, I will continue to think that this is just card and foam board glued to nerf parts.

#247800 Berserker Mod

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 20 August 2009 - 10:55 AM in Modifications

I like this mod. It has the same qualities as your mum: clean, quick, and easy. Joking aside, (Edit:You posted ranges while I was typing)

#169057 Bsa

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 14 August 2008 - 11:29 AM in Off Topic

I'm a star right now almost a life. All that ever holds me back is merit badges. The memorization of stuff kills me too. Anyone in the Order Of The Arrow?

#188522 What Inspired You To Nerf...

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 09 November 2008 - 04:02 PM in General Nerf

Almost a year ago, I started a thread just like this one. The link for it is, here. I'm listing it here because there are some interesting posts from some members who are big and some who have gone on/forgotten about this place.

#133357 What Got You Started Nerfing?

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 21 December 2007 - 09:58 PM in General Nerf

What got you started in this hobby/obsession we all have? How did you happen to find this place? What about Nerfing appealed to you so much that you decided to become a member here?
I myself got started nerfing about two years ago or whenever the N-Strike Unity Power System came out. As soon as I got that for Christmas, I became obsessed with nerf. I found this wonderful place when I discovered how much an out of the box longshot sucked. I googled Nerf Modifications, and wound up here. One I read around a bit, I discovered that I wanted to become a member here. It took a bit but, I finally got approved and, here I am.

#156122 Homemade Vulcan

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 18 May 2008 - 11:32 AM in Homemades

Thats pretty cool. Although, like Ubermensch said, The Vulcan uses electricity to power its plunger not spin wheels.

#234134 Full Crossbow Modification

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 03 June 2009 - 03:15 PM in Modifications

Very beautiful work. That is all I can say about this.

#134503 Longshot Laser-scope

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 31 December 2007 - 10:12 AM in Modifications

I think this is a cool idea and that it would be fun to have. I don't see it as being that usefull or practical. But, you could use it to distract people.

#131301 Outtakes Of Nerf

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 02 December 2007 - 10:22 PM in General Nerf

Once when 2 of my friends were over, we were using my entire house for everyman for himself game. As I turned a corner, I found myself looking straight at the un-tipped missle of a freshly modded titan. When it hit, I thought it broke my nose. Glad it wasn't. Next round I got him back though, I shot him straight in the nuts with the same missle.

#154278 Oh My Gosh

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 02 May 2008 - 04:54 PM in General Nerf

Your link has an extra http in it thusly not making it work. You should fix that.
EDIT: el swifto beat me to it

#129577 Questions That Need Answering.

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 12 November 2007 - 08:44 PM in General Nerf

I said .25 a foot just to make costs easy to figure out. On the other hand, if this is as good as I think its going to be, I would pay more.

#153921 Other Hobbies Aside From Nerfing?

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 29 April 2008 - 08:42 PM in Off Topic

I play paintball and airsoft a lot during the summer, I play football, I build things whenever I can. Some ideas just get planted in my head and they don't leave until I do something to get them to make the transition from my head into the physical world. And on top of all of this, I have a girlfriend who eats up most of my time and money.
I got into this a while ago. I created a topic, here.

#190622 Bbb Problemos.

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 18 November 2008 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

I've had this problem before. Twist the front of the gun against the back of the gun. Then, you should be able to uncock it. I never had it explained to me why you have to do this.

#134280 Cpvc Turret

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 29 December 2007 - 08:16 AM in Modifications

Nice work Bobafan, this is simple, easy, and cheap.
I think that this may be the base for many other turrets to come.

#132430 Nerf Recon Cs-6 On Amazon

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 14 December 2007 - 04:17 PM in General Nerf

Im going to agree with Scotch here. But, this guy is probably trying to bull shit people. I'm going to wait until I see a Hasbro official release.

#148653 You Guys Should Take A Look

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 01 April 2008 - 05:30 PM in General Nerf

Hahahahahahahaha
As usual VACC, you deliver with something funny. Had me going for a bit there too. There was some doubt in the back of my mind that it was BS but, I just couldn't decide.

#167420 Super Moded Cool Looking Target Tech Mod

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 08 August 2008 - 03:59 PM in Modifications

As Jabulus said, please don't post angled ranges. They are next to if not worthless. Also, please fix your capitalization. I've been noticing a lack of that sort of thing and it's getting to be rather annoying.

#251405 Nitefinder Problem....fixed

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 23 September 2009 - 02:54 PM in Modifications

Depending on the type of glue, you might be able to get it off with Zippo lighter fluid.

#135801 Mini Titan Rocket

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 13 January 2008 - 08:07 AM in Homemades

Is the ping pong ball really enough weight? It dosnt seem like it to me but I'm not expert

#166964 A Short Vulcan "commercial" I Made.

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 06 August 2008 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

Damn funny I must say. Good job. Keep up the uh..work should you continue to make videos.

#130885 Web Comics

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 28 November 2007 - 08:26 PM in Off Topic

Without a doubt, Penny Arcade is my favorite.

#156107 Sportsman Shooting Toys Shotgun. Version 2

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 18 May 2008 - 09:12 AM in General Nerf

Funniest thing I've seen in a while. Good job destroying that piece of shit. The slo-mo was a very nice touch.

#138995 What Is So Good About The Nightfinder?

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 06 February 2008 - 07:29 PM in General Nerf

See that link in the top left hand corner of your screen? That's a search button. It's not just there to look pretty. It contrary to popular belief, actually does do something. If you actually used this handy feature, you might have seen whats so good about it and you might also not have made this topic.

#149445 Michigan Roll Call (now With Possible Location Map)

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 05 April 2008 - 08:49 AM in Nerf Wars

I live in Marysville and I have somwhere between 2-4 people who might be able to go/come. I'm open almost all summer except for the last two weeks. Damn band camp.

#212698 The Majority Hammer

Posted by Ro-Sham-Bo on 16 February 2009 - 08:10 AM in Site Feedback

Ideas like this surface a lot around here. The admins will never do it. They and only they can and should wield the all might ban hammer. It is a decent idea but, it will never be put into action.