Photo

Nerf 1928 Tommy Gun

36 replies to this topic

#1 NerfAlCapone

NerfAlCapone

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:14 PM

Here is a tommy gun I created, It fires steaphens and is full automatic.

Posted Image
Here is the external air tank from a Nerf Rapid Fire 20

Posted Image

Here is the gun Itself.

Posted Image

It's firering system is a wild fire plunger attached to a inline clip.

Posted Image

The front.

Posted Image
Some more pics of the gun.

Posted Image

Me with the gun.

Posted Image

Edited by NerfAlCapone, 27 September 2009 - 08:33 PM.

#2 jubjub517

jubjub517

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

Pics aren't working.

So all you did was hot glue a Rf20 Blatter Bladder, Not air tank, and a wildfire piston to a inline clip. Tape that onto a amalgam of cardboard and foam core. Then give it a shitty pj. Clean it up and I'll shut up.

Posted Image
Nice pic. Smile next time.

Edit: Read my last post. Its self explanatory.

Edited by jubjub517, 06 October 2009 - 09:42 PM.

[18:17] <+Jugs> Hey beefy
[18:17] <+Nerfer> pls dont call me that
[18:18] * Nerfer is now known as Guest17574
[18:18] <+Lucian151> Woah its Beefy Theify
[18:19] <+Guest17574> STOP CALLING ME THAT IM NOT FAT
[18:19] <+Guest17574> pls

#3 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:53 PM

You blinked.

I'm pretty sure if you put that into Indy Mogul's Public Enemies Tommy Gun it'll be awesome.

And Jubjub, it's bladder.

Edited by Echnalaid, 27 September 2009 - 10:53 PM.

There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#4 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:01 PM

Despite the horrid appearance of this blaster, I like the inline wildfire piston. After hearing muffonchop's RF20 idea I was thinking about doing something like that.

#5 MegaMoose

MegaMoose

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:33 PM

What you need to do is replace that fake cardboard circle with the raider drum mag. That would be cool. It shouldn't be overly hard to clip the barrel.
You don't put a slash in the middle of Ninja, unless you want a Ninja to put the former guitarist of Guns and Roses through your chest, while he is playing Sweet Child of Mine.

#6 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:36 PM

It's like arts and crafts with Nerf!
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#7 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:48 PM

Trust me. A wooden gun that sort of resembles a Thompson wont make you look like Al Capone. Try a suit instead of jean shorts, another 15 years (you 12 year old) and while your at it, take your favorite knife and cut from your cheek, starting just below your mouth and right above your eye.

Edited by CA13, 28 September 2009 - 05:11 PM.

Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#8 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:36 PM

I don't care if it's uglier than your mother as long as it works. I want to see proof before I pass any judgment. Video proof would work nicely, until some is posted, I will continue to think that this is just card and foam board glued to nerf parts.
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#9 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:58 PM

Nice.

I've been wanting to do something like this. My question is, does the inline clip function properly with the high rate of fire?
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#10 DontFragMeBro

DontFragMeBro

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

I'm an insanely apathetic and disrespectful moron, sorry.

Edited by Don'tFragMeBro!, 18 June 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#11 NerfAlCapone

NerfAlCapone

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:52 PM

Nice.

I've been wanting to do something like this. My question is, does the inline clip function properly with the high rate of fire?

Not always sometimes it fires more like a shotgun but I need to make more stephans to figure out if it works like it should.

Edited by NerfAlCapone, 28 September 2009 - 08:53 PM.

#12 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:33 PM

Yeah, it is probably how fast the piston is firing.
One of these could be put on the tubing after the trigger and before the piston. That clamps the tubing and the tighter it is, the slower it fires. The slower rate of fire will make it easier for the darts to leave one at a time rather than a shotgun burst.

Those clamps are available here:
http://www.amazon.co...54256282&sr=8-6

#13 NerfAlCapone

NerfAlCapone

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:00 PM

Yeah, it is probably how fast the piston is firing.
One of these could be put on the tubing after the trigger and before the piston. That clamps the tubing and the tighter it is, the slower it fires. The slower rate of fire will make it easier for the darts to leave one at a time rather than a shotgun burst.

Those clamps are available here:
http://www.amazon.co...54256282&sr=8-6

good idea i'll have to ponder about getting one of those. Although I still have the valve that limits air from my Rapid fire 20

#14 Actually Awesome

Actually Awesome

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

HaHaHa does it even shoot? :huh:
One word describes my life...Effeminate.

#15 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:29 PM

HaHaHa does it even shoot?

It fires steaphens and is full automatic.

Edited by A side of nerf, 04 October 2009 - 04:29 PM.

#16 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:16 PM

Wait wait wait. It's fully automatic. You have one post to explain that Al Capone or I'm going to give you the equivalence of a syphilis induced death in regards to these forums. Cause that thing isn't fully automatic.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#17 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:07 PM

Wait wait wait. It's fully automatic. You have one post to explain that Al Capone or I'm going to give you the equivalence of a syphilis induced death in regards to these forums. Cause that thing isn't fully automatic.

Inline clips are funny like that. I can fire my inline clipped-lanard hand cannon at an upward angle as fast as I can pump it.

I can see how an intermittent airflow (coming from a RF20 or magstrike piston tube) connected to an inline clip could make the gun shoot automatically. This thread actually gave me some good ideas, I have some spare magstrike internals that I'm going to try this shit out on. It could potentially be a very nice, compact integration if done correctly.

#18 Actually Awesome

Actually Awesome

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:24 PM

How long is it fully auto. before you have to pump it back up?
One word describes my life...Effeminate.

#19 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

How long is it fully auto. before you have to pump it back up?

More like how long does it take for the darts to run out. I would assume the Magstrike bladder would run longer than the amount of darts the clip can carry.

#20 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:48 PM

Alright, so I was curious about this, myself, so instead of arguing and comparing facts, and all that boring stuff, I just stuck an inline clip on a magstrike, and tested if it works. I video taped this, so all of you non-believers could see.

Posted Image

Just in case the video doesn't work, the inline clip does work, and is fully automatic. It fires about as far as a usual magstrike, and shoots about 3 shots per 5 magstrike air outputs (this video was a good one, and fired 3 for 3, at the highest possible ROF).
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#21 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:07 PM

This is definitely better than the lancer.

#22 wohnson89

wohnson89

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:18 PM

This is definitely better than the lancer.

I really hope that was sarcasm.
If it is not sarcasm, my friend you need to get your brain checked out, because the lancer is awesome.

Oh and kid, remember, carbord bends and dosn't work well when wet. So please don't cry when i tell you this, it looks like crap.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

1992 Subaru SVX- My Baby

#23 Gym

Gym

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:07 AM

Just in case the video doesn't work, the inline clip does work, and is fully automatic. It fires about as far as a usual magstrike, and shoots about 3 shots per 5 magstrike air outputs (this video was a good one, and fired 3 for 3, at the highest possible ROF).

That makes sense now. I was under the impression that there was some sort of mechanism to load and fire a dart one at a time, which would function in either semi or full-auto. For clarification, is the "fully automatic" function based on the already existing components of the Magstrike? I ask this because I have used what is evidently known as an inline clip (loading several darts in a barrel), but the result was the expulsion of all darts at once as a shotgun, not in an automated, semi-predictable burst (the type of result one expects with the term "fully automatic").

I would guess that the results shown in the video reflect more of the mechanical function of the Magstrike, than the results of an inline clip in general, especially considering what would happen if there were a constant flow of air from the bladder to the barrel (mentioned above) as the Tommy Gun appears to be built for (unless I'm not seeing the rest of the Magstrike components). In that case the inline clip isn't really a clip since "clip," to me at least, suggests an ability to not only fire multiple darts in succession, but in a controlled manner either in semi or full-auto.

This is a cool homemade/modification, but I don't see how it's fully automatic.

#24 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:33 AM

I have used what is evidently known as an inline clip (loading several darts in a barrel), but the result was the expulsion of all darts at once as a shotgun, not in an automated, semi-predictable burst (the type of result one expects with the term "fully automatic").

Loading a bunch of darts into a barrel isn't an inline clip. That's called "shotgunning." An inline clip is where you have a section of larger tubing that holds the darts in between the air output and the actual barrel, such as 1/2" pvc (the clip) with 1/2" cpvc (the barrel) stuck into the end. It's like an rscb without the 90 degree and T couplers.

Like this:

-----------------------------------_______________________

_________________________--------------------------------

The darts go in the bigger tube, the gun is tilted down to load a dart into the barrel, shoot and repeat. Wes was using the Magstike to shoot out one dart at a time from the clip. He could have stopped before all the darts had been fired by letting go of the trigger, i.e a controlled burst.

Edited by Collective, 06 October 2009 - 11:34 AM.

"A lot" is two words.

#25 Gym

Gym

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:26 PM

Loading a bunch of darts into a barrel isn't an inline clip. That's called "shotgunning." An inline clip is where you have a section of larger tubing that holds the darts in between the air output and the actual barrel, such as 1/2" pvc (the clip) with 1/2" cpvc (the barrel) stuck into the end. It's like an rscb without the 90 degree and T couplers.

The darts go in the bigger tube, the gun is tilted down to load a dart into the barrel, shoot and repeat. Wes was using the Magstike to shoot out one dart at a time from the clip. He could have stopped before all the darts had been fired by letting go of the trigger, i.e a controlled burst.

I understand now, thanks! The video doesn't show a tilting down of the Magstrike though, and although there are only a few views of the actual barrel, it just looks like 1/2" sch40, though I guess it could have something smaller in it. If the Tommy Gun is setup with a real inline clip then I withdraw my criticism.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users