doubleshot's Content

There have been 250 items by doubleshot (Search limited from 23-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#142966 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by doubleshot on 28 February 2008 - 12:00 AM in General Nerf

This is most of my arsenal:
Posted Image

Stuff on the workbench(not pictured)
Manta ray with nf and 2k integration-needs repairs
Sm500
2 crossbows- need plunger rods

Good lord man, do u use all of them regularly? Or do you just have a select few u like?

#143096 Bbb+at3k Question

Posted by doubleshot on 28 February 2008 - 09:12 PM in Modifications

Would it be possible to integrate an AT3K onto the front bottom portion of a BBB? Like Grooves crossbow/splitfire integration. Oh, and hello to you all, I've been reading NH for about 2 months now (activation period :D ). I do not currently own a BBB and would like to acquire one, if u have a STOCK one for sale, or one with just the bow arms removed(preferred for lower shipping costs) pm me.

#143130 Bbb+at3k Question

Posted by doubleshot on 28 February 2008 - 11:36 PM in Modifications

Yea, tried Target, I went like a week and a half ago and they didn't have any. I'm not too sure that my Target even stocks them.

#143157 Bbb+at3k Question

Posted by doubleshot on 29 February 2008 - 01:51 AM in Modifications

http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B00095LHU8
http://www.target.co...d/dp/B00095LHU8
http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=2772894

Google is a great tool, try it.
And don't post Buy/Trade/Sell things on the modifications list, there is one specifically for that.
Welcome and best of luck with the new tinkering.

Rather then post 2 topics, I decided to post one. PC, it doesn't matter if its with the shell or not, just as long as i have a working at3k (turreted, not singled)

#143158 Foam Dummy

Posted by doubleshot on 29 February 2008 - 01:59 AM in Homemades

I think that the magnets are manly so it is easier to store.

Sence when did manly magnets make something easier to store?

I think he thought it was way bigger then it was, considering his post was before the vid of the exploding dummy.

#143161 Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Posted by doubleshot on 29 February 2008 - 02:19 AM in Off Topic

Because I am the self-proclaimed master of your earth moon!

Fear Me!

The innocent shall suffer, BIG time. But back on topic, the doubleshot was the gun that got me interested in nerfing. I don't remember if I had any guns when I was younger.

#144080 Cpvc

Posted by doubleshot on 06 March 2008 - 09:23 AM in Modifications

I get mine at Home Depot. It's like 4 bucks for 10 feet.

#144170 Cpvc

Posted by doubleshot on 06 March 2008 - 10:53 PM in Modifications

I get mine at Home Depot. It's like 4 bucks for 10 feet.

Are you sure your not thinking about PVC? CPVC is white, not grey, and is very thin. Barely fits stock darts.
here is a picture of CPVC.
If you are right, then I stand corrected, as I have never been able to find any CPVC at Home depot.

Yea I'm sure. It's white, says CPVC on the side. It's a little bit tighter then what I want on my stefans, but right now I only play indoors so I stick with stock.

#144171 Whats The Best Kind Of Sealant

Posted by doubleshot on 06 March 2008 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

I've used silicone caulk, but when I get the chance I'm going to buy some Plumbers Goop. Everyone around here praises it, and I'm sure theres a reason for that.

#144320 Buzzbee Extra Clip Packs

Posted by doubleshot on 08 March 2008 - 02:38 PM in General Nerf

My Walmart sells packs of shells and darts, but I don't ever remember seeing clips separately for sale. If you need an RFR clip, I have one I could sell. KB toys might have clips for sale, but I was only there for an AT3K so I didn't look.

#144622 Maverick Not Shooting

Posted by doubleshot on 10 March 2008 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

The orange piece in the back that surrounds the spring is the catch. I'm not sure as to what's wrong with your gun, other then the fact that its a mav.

#144631 Bbb O-ring Plunger Fix?

Posted by doubleshot on 10 March 2008 - 08:22 PM in Modifications

Ok so anyone with a BBB definitely knows the O-ring/plunger head thing is not the most air tight you could find. I tried putting hot glue on the inside rim of it to expand the whole thing a little bit, but it just made my gun not shoot at all. After removing that, I have no idea how to tighten that up. Any ideas or suggestions?

#144641 Bbb O-ring Plunger Fix?

Posted by doubleshot on 10 March 2008 - 08:58 PM in Modifications

Yes they do. I hate them. Any other ideas?

#144658 Bbb O-ring Plunger Fix?

Posted by doubleshot on 10 March 2008 - 10:02 PM in Modifications

I'll wait until your write up comes out. I'm better with pictures. Thanks though, I'm looking forward to it.

#144800 I Just Bought A Recon And I Cant Get Hte Clip Off!

Posted by doubleshot on 11 March 2008 - 09:27 PM in General Nerf

Check for jammed bullets, Try pressing the button in, and if that doesn't work, take it apart and lift it out.

#144822 Bbb O-ring Plunger Fix?

Posted by doubleshot on 11 March 2008 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

God no. I don't know how you got an X-Bow, but don't fuck it up. If hear any stories about noobs fucking up x-bows I might cry.

But anyway I don't think it is possible with an x-bow since it has a skinny plunger rod.

Yea, the BBB plunger rod is pretty beefy.

#145190 Who Has Some Money They Want To Blow?

Posted by doubleshot on 15 March 2008 - 08:17 AM in General Nerf

They do fire at the same time, and this blaster is absolutely worthless.

#145334 Air Powered Ls I Need Help

Posted by doubleshot on 16 March 2008 - 01:02 AM in Modifications

This is going to take EXCESSIVE amounts of work. And also, even if you did use a pump water gun, it wouldn't work like a stock LS. You could hook it up to a compressor somehow, but I'm not the guy to ask about that. Try slug.

#145515 Big Salvo Op Valve?

Posted by doubleshot on 17 March 2008 - 08:28 AM in Modifications

I've read numerous times to not plug the Big Salvo's OP valve. But I've also read that it greatly increases range. And after seeing how greatly the range was increased on my at3k, I can't decide what to do, and I dont want to blow it up. If I should plug it, roughly how many pumps should I do? (The last thing I want is plastic shrapnel in the meat of my arm.)

#145573 Adding A Flashlight To A Nite Finder

Posted by doubleshot on 17 March 2008 - 07:13 PM in Modifications

Already been done. . But nonetheless, good first post

#145739 Interesting Question

Posted by doubleshot on 18 March 2008 - 09:59 PM in Off Topic

I'd say yes, everyone has an imagination. If I started to describe something, with words that meant things you've never even heard of, I'm sure you'd have SOME kind of picture in your head. You don't dream in your eyes, you dream in your mind.

#145874 What Nerf Guns Could Be The Crossbows Of The Future?

Posted by doubleshot on 19 March 2008 - 08:29 PM in General Nerf

We are in an era of multi-shot springers are we not?

First came the mavericks and Dart Tag Guns, then followed the Longshot and Recon, and the next thing coming is the Vulcan. And then... who knows?

I feel like that is the trend with most nerf guns nowadays and I suspect that if these types of blasters are doing well, Hasbro will continue this trend.

It's fun to imagine what Nerf will be like in the future. I still dream of a type of old-school revival where Nerf will re-release old guns in new and stylish forms, but it's not going to happen :)

The Firefly also is a springer multi-shot. Back on topic though, I think that LS's will be sought after once they are out of production, due to their clip capabilities and that they do get decent range.

#145876 Airtech 1000 Modification

Posted by doubleshot on 19 March 2008 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

Your pictures don't work, at least for me.

Pics are better now. Nice mod, I did something similar with my TTG plunger tube.

#145985 Well, My Vortex Tornado Broke After 10 Years Of Use.

Posted by doubleshot on 20 March 2008 - 04:43 PM in General Nerf

I too would feel bad about something like that. I highly doubt you can fix it due to the fact that koosh guns were glued together, not screwed. Thats a shame.

#146028 Ecno

Posted by doubleshot on 20 March 2008 - 08:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I MAY be able to attend if it is postponed. But as of right now, I'll be in NC.

#146180 Ran Out Of Hot Glue.

Posted by doubleshot on 21 March 2008 - 06:07 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OK, this was my first major mod. I understand it is one of the messiest mods. I ran out of hot glue so I duct taped the titan pump on, and one of the at3k chambers because I'm leaving for NC tomorrow and wanted to mess around with it at my friends house. It has 2 at3k chambers, 1 disk shot ammo holder, 2 NF ammo holders inside the front scope, 2 doubleshot shells for ammo holders in the rear scope, 1 titan pump, 1 at3k pump, and to top it all off, a 1947 Franc for the spring holder/plunger head thingy.

#146197 Ran Out Of Hot Glue.

Posted by doubleshot on 21 March 2008 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

It functions beautifully, I just got hot glue, but I'm going to have to fix it when I get back from NC. And yes it is a little bit overkill, but when you play single shot indoor wars vs. a longshot, that rushes you after every shot, you need it.

#148032 Ran Out Of Hot Glue.

Posted by doubleshot on 30 March 2008 - 08:20 AM in Modifications

I just don't get it. You should have taken some time to think how you were gonna put that stuff on before you did it.

Actually I did take time to think of where I was putting the guns on, so don't assume. They we're in the best possible spot for having 2, and one using a titans pump.

Let's be real for a second. It will never be functional. You would be much better served put just one of those five guns on there. You realize that things attached with duct tape aren't secure, don't you. without glue your gun(s) will rattle around shift, fall off, and get sticky and dirty.

And do you care to tell me how you can tell they aren't secure from where you're located? Anyone who has pumped a plugged at3k knows how hard it is to pump at around 4-5 pumps, the tape holds, with NO movement whatsoever.

Now, onto another note, while I was in NC I bought some 9/16ths brass. I came home and decided to clean this up a bit, which involved removing one at3k completely. I then put 1 foot of brass instead of the PETG I had on there earlier. To my delight, this greatly improved my power, it can now shoot through 1 layer of a nitefinder boxes cardboard. I also found a way to do what I had always wanted, utilize a trigger in the front handle....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#148318 Ran Out Of Hot Glue.

Posted by doubleshot on 31 March 2008 - 10:53 AM in Modifications

The hotglue actually holds really well, although eventually it will break. I guess then I'll epoxy the pump back on, the at3k tank should be fine for as long as I own/use the gun.

#148319 2008 Lcm Tune-up War

Posted by doubleshot on 31 March 2008 - 11:17 AM in Nerf Wars

Possibly, my friend is getting his licence on April 3rd. So if there aren't too many people, count in 2. If there needs to be cuts, we understand.

#148320 Njno - April 20th

Posted by doubleshot on 31 March 2008 - 11:20 AM in Nerf Wars

Me and a friend are a possibility. Count me in as 2.

#148571 Magstike Bike Pump Adapter

Posted by doubleshot on 01 April 2008 - 11:47 AM in Modifications

Very nice first post, I may do this to mine, and with the bike tube being so long you could goop the hell out of it, and it definitely wouldn't leak.

#148578 Sidearm/secondary Guns

Posted by doubleshot on 01 April 2008 - 12:37 PM in General Nerf

I don't normally use a sidearm anymore, but when I do/did, I used a PETG'd TTG.

#148731 My First Integration

Posted by doubleshot on 01 April 2008 - 08:37 PM in Modifications

I like it, except for the fact that you have to cock the BBB every time to pump the AT2k. Also, did you get my PM?

Not if u hold down the BBB trigger. Nice work with the BBB pump type thing, I was going to do that, but I sacrificed that feature for putting the at3k by the front handle so I could have 2 triggers, rather then pulling a rod.

#148818 2008 Lcm Tune-up War

Posted by doubleshot on 02 April 2008 - 12:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Can someone post where this is on google maps or something, like the NJNO google maps link.

#148820 Stumpy

Posted by doubleshot on 02 April 2008 - 01:07 PM in Modifications

I guess he's got you beat slug

Only in regards to being full of shit.

Yea the only thing I see that isn't bull about his are that they look nice, but other then that I don't believe a word he says. The recon blows, its now a spring in my BBB.

#148822 New Music...

Posted by doubleshot on 02 April 2008 - 01:30 PM in Off Topic

I guess I'm alone when it comes to black or death metal? I'm talking Behemoth, Amon Amarth, Dethklok, The Autumn Offering, Ash and Elm (Local), and older Metallica, which I know isn't too hard.

#148935 Nite-con

Posted by doubleshot on 02 April 2008 - 08:04 PM in Modifications

My Recon died. Sorry guys. Hopefully someone else will do this. <_< I had to let my little brother help out with it, cause he went whining to my mom that he wanted to help and I was being a jerk (put the needle on the record), and he decided he wanted to melt the trigger with the hot glue gun while I was in eating. He killed it. Sorry.
EDIT: He is almost 9, and likes nerf, so he wants to "help" mod my guns. He has lost me about 60$ in the past month. He killed a maverick, (not that sad), one of my Magstrikes, and now my recon. :(
I really don't want to mess with it much anymore. I'm just gonna put the spring in my BBB.

Haha, yea that's pretty much what I did, messed it up and just put the spring in my BBB.

#148940 Possible New Sticky

Posted by doubleshot on 02 April 2008 - 08:11 PM in Site Feedback

It more depends on the modder, or the materials the modder decides to use. I'm sure whoever made that BBB/RF20 combo could to the titan one also.

#149207 Primary Guns

Posted by doubleshot on 03 April 2008 - 10:28 PM in General Nerf

I use my BBB/AT3K integration as my primary.