Glint's Content

There have been 251 items by Glint (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#203099 12 Darts Nerf Maverick

Posted by Glint on 13 January 2009 - 04:15 PM in Modifications

Well while we're at it, why don't we just put 5 turrets into a pentagon shape. Or better yet, 6 turrets into a hexagon shape! We could even go as far as to put 8 turrets into an octagon shape! 48 fucking shots on a Maverick.

Why? Because we fucking can.

Actually, we probably couldn't. It wouldn't work at all. I'd be suprised even if 4 would work.

Anyways, this looks really cool. I want to see how it's done, and then do it to my Mav.
"Do a barrel roll!"

#203114 Help For A Newbie Nerfer

Posted by Glint on 13 January 2009 - 05:42 PM in General Nerf

...don't try to mod complicated guns. i.e... Recon...

Uhm... personally I find the Recon is extrmely simple to Mod. The insides are easy to put back together and not complicated at all. But that's just my opinion.

Anyways, again; find a gun that you love and work with so it's absolutely 100% yours. I personally haven't found my style of play yet, and need to keep searching.

As for modding, work with what you have and get good with it before moving on. You'll have mistakes, and a couple of guns will probably be ripped apart and put into your ever-growing "Extra-Parts Container"; thats just inevitable.

Good luck surviving.

#203618 I Have A Recon Dream...

Posted by Glint on 15 January 2009 - 05:37 PM in Modifications

...put hot glue around the plunger tube to compress stock spring more, tighten the stock barrel...

I just used pure E-Tape wrapped around to compress the spring more. I know this helps the range, but I don't know if it's the cause of my accuracy failing sometime (the spring doesnt really turn/twist around the tube anymore, the stickiness of the sides of the E-Tape hold it in place). Sometime when I shoot the dart veers left or right very sharply. It doesn't happen often, but occasionally.

I'm of the opinion that the Recon could never be as good as the Longshot. My Longshot was better with an AR-Removal that my Recon was with various other mods. Also, the simple fact that the Longshot's internals are more in-depth (compicated, if you would) and seemily more thought-through and all around just plain better says to me that it should be better (and is, currently).

But I guess people could argue that when the Longshot was first released, people couldn't mod it well because we didn't know it's capabilites or anything. Maybe the Recon is just waiting to explode with potential.

Of course, it could just be the crappy gun we all know it to be.

#203623 I Have A Recon Dream...

Posted by Glint on 15 January 2009 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

Well stretching springs in general is really bad for the spring. I'd expect even moreso for the Recon, because the rping is held in place just by the end of the shell (the spot where the black cap pops on) and is extremely annoying to get back in because it always continuously pops out. If the spring was any bigger (stretched) then it'd be even more improbable for the spring to actually stay in the gun as you put the shells back together and screw the black cap on.

#204067 The Domsayer - Gow Inspired Rfsg

Posted by Glint on 17 January 2009 - 09:01 AM in Modifications

Wow, looks awesome. I love how you made it so it can still be opened uo, even with the wooden foregrip and stock. I have a couple questions though...

In the first picture it looks to me like your top barrel or two are angled downwards. Maybe it's just the relfection of light of the PETG, or just the camera angle... or maybe I'm just retarded...?

Also, are you planning to cut off/sand down the bit of wood that sticks out of the top on the end of the stock? Because if you sanded/cut it down to be the same level as the back of the gun itself it'd look much better.

All-in-all looks really great. Good job.

#204091 The Domsayer - Gow Inspired Rfsg

Posted by Glint on 17 January 2009 - 11:37 AM in Modifications

Ah, okay. At least you have a reason for keeping the stock like that. Knowing you, it'll turn out looking great.

And I knew the barrels were just me :D

#204119 I Have A Recon Dream...

Posted by Glint on 17 January 2009 - 01:28 PM in Modifications

Well then; good luck.

Notify us when you realse that either...
A ) We were all right and what you're attempting is practically impossible or
B ) completely confound everything people told you and create something that can rival a Longshot (like you want it to)

My bet's on A...

Prove me wrong.

amazing paint job with tiger stripes turned camo design,

By the way, I'll bet your

amazing paint job with tiger stripes turned camo design,

will add on another 20 feet no matter what, won't it?
Yeah, thought so.

#204463 Mm2k

Posted by Glint on 18 January 2009 - 03:58 PM in Modifications

So you basically minimized the Mega Missile into a 2k shell?

A bit pointless in my opinion, you could have done a lot more with the 2k shell. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

The barrel looks extremely crooked though...

#204828 Brassed Recon/ External Bolt Action Pg 2

Posted by Glint on 19 January 2009 - 07:48 PM in Modifications

Well now he could just ramrod it down farther into the barrel, so unless he's just popping that dart in the end that shouldn't be the problem.

Pretty cool, but it needs a PJ. The combination of exterior copper and the paint job is an eyesore.

#205185 Gun Pictures

Posted by Glint on 21 January 2009 - 05:45 PM in General Nerf

Why don't you actually post it in the HQ? That'd probably be more helpful to you...

Anyways I remebered clicking a link of the Death by Foam comics and went and scrounged it up. It might not be any of the guns you want, but here's a few:

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=2383

#205388 Categorizing Mods And Homemades.

Posted by Glint on 22 January 2009 - 04:15 PM in General Nerf

Just throwing my two cents in here... but for me a Mod is when you base the work off of the Nerf brand parts and do/add stuff to them to make it more powerful, while a Homemade is [sometimes] adding Nerf brand parts onto a base of completely different.

#205544 Vulcan Gears Of War Paintjob

Posted by Glint on 22 January 2009 - 10:19 PM in General Nerf

Very cool! I especially like the ammo box.Has anybody else noticed the panda in the backgground in the third picture?

It's the fourth picture! Get your panda-spotting right!
What's the panda's name kwaneasy?

Anyways, I don't really see why this thread can't just go in the Modification/Panjobs thread. Apart from the ammo box, it's just a really nice painjob (great job, by the way).

Oh, and the panda. That's another reason for this thread to stay open like this.

#205899 The Nerf Warrior System (nws)

Posted by Glint on 24 January 2009 - 10:03 AM in Homemades

I hope that you two realize that the last post in this topic (before SchizophrenicMC) was from October 24th, last year. Also note that the post itself is an apology for a necro by nerfnut.

Please read the Code of Conduct.

Looking back at your plan, am I right in thinking that you are suggesting a longshot be held on by rare earth magnets at shoulder level? I would think that the amount of jostling that it would receive is ridiculous at that height, and the longshot isn't one of the lightest or smallest guns to be carrying. So far as I know, most people just use a strap.

I hope that you realise that they were adding substansial information relating to the thread itself, brainstorming for better ideas. Perhaps you should re-read the CoC, or perhaps read it for the first time.

Anyways, why don't you just use a fucking bear trap and attach your guns to your back that way? I mean, much quicker and easier than these shit magnets...

#205905 The Nerf Warrior System (nws)

Posted by Glint on 24 January 2009 - 10:52 AM in Homemades

Bear Trap? Huh?

I think the plan here is to go with something similar to Gears of War and Halo's weapon storage. (This is the most modern version I can think of, but the idea goes back farther.)

Yes, a bear trap. Heck it might be a bit hard to rip your gun off of your back when you need it, but at least it stays there while you're running.

Well you can always attach it GoW / Halo style with a bear trap...

I can take a picture if you're confused...

#205913 50 Round Ammo Box

Posted by Glint on 24 January 2009 - 11:13 AM in Modifications

Looks great Salindin. Now all it needs is that tripod and one of your good ol' PJ's.

Great use of the LS jam door too. Ingenuity at its best.

#206407 The Handy Pistol

Posted by Glint on 25 January 2009 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

Wow, great work. Extremely clean from both the outisde and the insaide, and [as you mentioned] the option of two shots is a luxury indeed.

One question thought... for your original LSFG springer AR removal, you drilled out the complete back of the plunger/barrel, correct? Because I have my barrel sitting here in front of me and it's back (where you drilled out) has a tiny little hole in the back, while yours is completely open.

Again; great work. It would've been cool it you made it so you could still attach it to the LS, but as a sidearm pistol it looks to me like it serves its purpose very well. It is indeed a "Handy Pistol".

#206627 Most Effectve Setup

Posted by Glint on 26 January 2009 - 05:57 PM in General Nerf

The point of the thread is too see other people's views too evaluate their own weapon choice's and mabye work on getting better one's for themselves. Am I right lazer371?

Ah, but we currentl have an extrmely imilar thread going on here:
http://nerfhaven.com...pic=14923&st=45

Anyways, I'll post my views here. I personally haven't really found my "perfect" setup yet, but I have something in mind of what I think I would be good with using, based on my knowledge of myself.

#206961 Lsfg Ar Removal

Posted by Glint on 27 January 2009 - 06:49 PM in Modifications

First mod write-up here, decided to just post the AR removal of a LSFG. Extremely easy and quite self-explanatory, but for the people who are too afraid to attempt things on their own I decided to just throw something I did in about 2 or 3 minutes up.

Alright, so first you take your LSFG Plunger Tube. The LSFG is a reverse-plunger design, so take the barrel part, where the dart actually rests. If you look at it from the top (not where the dart goes) there should be a small hole and a circular ridge, and then the outer rim with the O-Ring (sorry I don’t have pictures of this, it only occurred to me to take pictures after I finished).

So basically what we’re going to do is drill all the way through the inner little circle in the back and remove the peg, spring, and air restrictor. Take a 11/32 drill (I’m expecting a 3/8 drill will work too) and drill the crap out of the back. The peg should fall out (mine snapped; whatever). At first I used a smaller drill and moved slowly onto the 11/32, but drilling pure 11/32 will be faster and will probably work better.

So when I did this only my peg and a son of extra crap plastic dust came out. Looking down my barrel I saw that the restrictor and spring were still there, (maybe because I has used a smaller drill first) so I moved on to the 11/32 and drill the heck out of the inside. The little restrictor spring popped out all mutilated and broken, and I saw that the very outside little ring of the restrictor itself was still down there. So I drilled around a it until the little ring’s outside faced the hole and popped it out of the barrel with a screwdriver.

Hopefully you won’t have that problem if you use a pure 3/8 or 11/32 drill instead of working my way up to that size (stupid idea).

Here’s the ring and snapped peg (my spring got lost):
Posted Image

For the end product you should be able to see straight through the barrel, like so:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also, make sure there’s no crap plastic dust in the 4 little slits beside the O-Ring:
Posted Image
If there is some plastic dust in there, just blow it out of use a thin wire or something to push it through or pull it out.

Sorry about A ) the lack of process pictures, I only have after-the-work pictures
and B ) crappy picture quality. My camera kind of sucks... but hey! at least there's pictures.

Now it’s up to you if you want to do anything else to your LSFG, my part here is done. Ironically, I lost my catch spring so I just shoves a clicky pen spring in there for a replacement. I’ve heard this works:
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=12855

I’m also personally loving this work:
http://nerfhaven.com...43

Anyways, whatever you do; this post is getting too long for such a freaking simple write-up. You should have already probably don’t this yourself before reading this.

Flames, anyone?

#206996 Recon Cs-6 Mod Idea

Posted by Glint on 27 January 2009 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

If he did it, it's completely do-able. But in order for us to help you we need an actual picture of what this guy did. Did he take the bi-pods and attach them to a tactical rail slider so they're removable? Or did he just slap them onto the barrel with some type of adhesive?

Both are extremely simple.

And yes, you have to take apart the LS to get to the Bipods.

EDIT: or you would cut them off like Echnalaid said... that'll keep the gun together. But in order to have clean, full bipods and a clean-looking LS you should take the gun apart and unscrew them out.

#207003 Recon Cs-6 Mod Idea

Posted by Glint on 27 January 2009 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

When did you see this? Would it be possible to post a link to the auction where you saw the picture?

#207013 Recon Cs-6 Mod Idea

Posted by Glint on 27 January 2009 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

I was more thinking he could post the picture link...

But anyways we can't help him unless we know what he's talking about in the first place.

#207720 Ls Clip Lag?

Posted by Glint on 29 January 2009 - 08:00 PM in General Nerf

LOL THEN TEH OMFG HE CAMEZORZ OUT OF NOWERE WIF TEH AWPPY N IT WAS LIKE "BOOM HEADS SHOTSSOZSXLOLMOGBBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Wow, that was awesome.

(edited for content
Oh so definately added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.

Anyways, I still don't quite fully get what you mean by "lag"... I'm expecting you mean they get stuck in the slot a bit and don't go in our out smoothly... which would probably by the cause too much paint (as stated before by both Busta and Wes.

Or you could mean that the darts don't smoothly follow upwards... this would be the cause of a sticky follower and/or paint on the inside (was Wes said, once again). If you panted it on the isnide all I have to ask is...

Why? I mean, seriously, it's be commmon sence not to freaking paint it on the inside. No one's gonna see it anyways.

#207722 Pioneering Speed Loaders

Posted by Glint on 29 January 2009 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

I find that visual aid somewhat distracting. If you had put this into a powerpoint slide show for an "effective presentations" class, you might lose points for clarity of message. However, in this instance I believe distraction from the subject matter to be the greatest gift of all..........also puppies. Puppies are always wonderful.

VACC

for some reason this made me giggle like a school girl

Anything VACC says or does will make you giggle like a school girl.

#207839 Cheap Stefan Holder.

Posted by Glint on 30 January 2009 - 10:17 AM in Homemades

Just like rokor, I use my MS clips to dry stefans.

But I think what this could be used for isa ctually putting it onto a gun. The jam door's quite small and would probably fit well enough onto a gun (if the stefans are in fact tight enough not to fall out). I was just thinking that I could do this and maybe slap it onto my LS... havem't figured out where yet but hey! it's an idea.

#207853 Keyring Rig Help

Posted by Glint on 30 January 2009 - 11:24 AM in Modifications

I recently finished up my Longshot Mod and attempted to rig a key ring from the LSFG Trigger (I did an LSFG integration) through the body to beside the trigger. After putting it all back together, it worked for a bit, but I realized I wasn't getting a full trigger stroke, and the LSFG wasn't shooting the dart to it's full potential. After that, the copper wiring started stretching a bit, so I have to pull it even farther back. I need some help on what to do to make a good key ring rig. Here's what i've done (sorry about the crappy quality photos):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So if you can't see what I've done; I've drilled a hole in the wall beside the area where the clip goes, put a straw there and threaded the wiring through the straw. I drilled a hole on the other side, then up through the little plastic wall underneath the clip-catch mechanism.

Here's a video of the pulling of the trigger through the key ring:

Posted Image

If you couldn't tell, it takes quite a bit of a pull to get it to pull and there's a lot of resistance. Even then the trigger moves back very slowly and sluggishly, and still doesn't get a full stroke.

I'd greatly appreciate if someone would clue me in on how to properly do one of these, because I'm lost.

#207856 Keyring Rig Help

Posted by Glint on 30 January 2009 - 11:39 AM in Modifications

replace the copper with with something else im sure they have like 1MM wires at lowes or home depot if not...then idk what to say maybe a bigger copper wire and twine them together

I used copper wire because it's really flexible and workable, yet still strong. I don't think replacing it with anything else would improve the trigger-pull problem. In fact, I'm pretty sure it would harm it.

I'm looking for a different way to rig this up with the insides, because the wire's going up down, right and left right now to get through to the keyring area, so I'm looking for a way to make it have a straighter pull line (and I can't see of any ways to do it), so I'm wondering if anyone has done anything different.

#207859 Keyring Rig Help

Posted by Glint on 30 January 2009 - 11:49 AM in Modifications

ty: But really, don't I want more movement if it's all around and everywhich direction when I pull?

EDIT: MSDFS: Before I had intergrated the FG (it was just cut down and separate) it was getting way better ranges in comparison to now... and I don't know what the problem is. I'm expecting it's the key ring, but it might be something else.

#207879 Keyring Rig Help

Posted by Glint on 30 January 2009 - 01:20 PM in Modifications

As for your problem, Glint, use Spider-wire fishing line. It is flexible and it doesn't stretch at all. I use it on my LS/Mav to link the triggers, and the setup doesn't allow for any stretch, and it works beautifully. I previously tried three different guitar string gauges, and they all either broke, stretched or were really hard to pull. All of that was solved with a few strands of Spider-wire.

Alright, I'll try that. Thanks a lot.

You're steering people in an entirely wrong direction, because it's provably physically impossible.

Every moving part in that blaster can be categorized into those which have effects before the catch releases the plunger, and those which have effects after. The trigger, wire, and keyring clearly fall into the before category. As such, it is physically impossible for them to affect anything after.

Yeah, I was thinking that it's probably not the triggers' fault the ranges are so much worse. Sorry 'bout that.

So I guess what I'm looking for is if there's a different way to thread the wiring through the bidy of the LS, or is the way I've already done it the only way?

#207892 Keyring Rig Help

Posted by Glint on 30 January 2009 - 03:24 PM in Modifications

Alright, I'll keep that in mind slowguitarman. Thanks for helping me out.

#208041 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by Glint on 30 January 2009 - 10:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow, sounds a looks incredible. I cannot wait for this summer!

I am practically a definate for the Ontario, July 27th was OR the Royal Oak July 26th war. Either or, probaly won't be able to make it to both (unless someone else is driving there that I maybe could get a ride from.

Is the Ontario July 27th war in Michael, as FA24 said?

#208158 A Tank...

Posted by Glint on 31 January 2009 - 09:27 AM in Homemades

We also had a "discussion" about it here:

http://www.nerfhq.co...g92253#msg92253

It would be extremely fun, but practically retarded.

#208170 Big Blast Questions

Posted by Glint on 31 January 2009 - 10:48 AM in Modifications

Alright, yesterday I went out and bought myself two Big Blasts. I have one opened up and sitting in front of me. I'm planning on plugging the pump, btu I have a couple questions first.

First off, there are two holes on the side of the pump that I'm wondering if I should plug:

Posted Image
Theres one on the other side to.

I'm expecting not, but just wondering anyways.

Also, I don't have any good barrel material avaliable to me at the moment, so I'm wondering if I could pry off the endcap on the stock barrel and shoot darts. Yes, it would be an excruciatingly horrid seal, but at least it would shoot darts. Plus there'd be more airflow for the misslies.

If I do pry off the endcap, should I plug the two hold on the side of the barrel?:

Posted Image

Thanks for helping. I'm loving this gun already.

#208176 Big Blast Questions

Posted by Glint on 31 January 2009 - 11:05 AM in Modifications

Alright, cool. THanks guys.

One question I forgot to add to the first post though is how amny pumps maximum i should take it up to after the pump is plugged. Right now the overpressure release kicks in at around 11...

Also, should I lube the inside of the lunger tube, or will that affect anything in air guns?

#208180 Big Blast Questions

Posted by Glint on 31 January 2009 - 11:24 AM in Modifications

Uhmm... holy crap. After plugging the pump and cutting down the barrel, I pumped it up about 12 times and phoved a missile on the barrel. The rigger was extrmely hard to pull back, but after tugging and pulling a lot, I finally got it to shoot. Here's what happened:

Posted Image
Yes, that's the barrel

Posted Image

Posted Image

The missile literally split in half, ripping the fins apart along with it.

So... about that lube... should I lube the Plunger head and/or plunger tube?

And is there anything I can do to fix the REALLY tough trigger pull?

I'm scared of this monster...

EDIT: And here's what it did to a freaking Micro:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#208195 Big Blast Questions

Posted by Glint on 31 January 2009 - 12:10 PM in Modifications

I think it's an assembly problem. If you open up your big blast, on the internals, there's a nail like piece that the trigger attatches onto at the base of the barrel. Check that and make sure that there's nothing on it. Check the trigger spring too.

I did not plug the two side holes on the pump, but I did plug the one on the very end. What I did to make a dart that worked very well and was airtight was almost like a CDT. I flipped the Micro's suction head inside out, and pulled it out. On it was a small rubber peg that I cut off and stuck back into the 'dead dart.' I wrapped the end with the peg in it with several layers of E-Tape (I wrapped it until it was airtight.) and then put some superglue on the end to keep the peg in and to harden the tip. Those darts reached ranges similar to a coupler-modded BBBB.

Well when I was testing it (when the micro and missile got eaten) I didn't have it in the shell, I was just using the insides in my hands. So I don't think that's a problem.

But I'll keep the Micro Dart convert in mind; thanks!

Pump it less.

And for that micro problem, change the barrel to CPVC.

Well the reason I used a Micro was because I dodn't want to waste a good dart if something like that did happen (and whadya know, something did happen). And the reason I use the stock barrel is because I don't have any good barrel material. I'll hopefully get some soon.

Well thanks everyone for their help. I am loving this gun!

#208200 Big Blast Questions

Posted by Glint on 31 January 2009 - 12:16 PM in Modifications

Yes, I did that. Thank you anyways.

#208282 Big Blast Questions

Posted by Glint on 31 January 2009 - 03:24 PM in Modifications

Well CS, as I've said thrice now; I currently don't have a suitable barrel material avaliable to me at the moment, so I decided to work with one of the two BBBB's I bought without using a Barrel Replacement. The other will not have a plugged pump, but it will be worked on later. And the one in this thread will also be getting a new barrel.

#208289 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by Glint on 31 January 2009 - 03:47 PM in General Nerf

THis isn't a really big problem for me, but a problem nontheless. When I first started modding guns I didn't tell my parents what I was doing, I hid up in my room and tried to use all the stuff I had up there (practically nothing). Finally I broke down adn told my dad what i was doing. Turns out my dad was extremely happy to help. He told me one of the things he failed on as a father was teacher his sons how to work with tools and work with their hands (which I love doing anyways).

That wasn't even that long ago. If you don't have parents like mine, then slowly ease them into the idea. Sit down with them and have a serious talk and make sure you bring facts to the table. Letting them see that you've actually done background research and know what you're talking about and doing is a huge factor. Don't start getting angry at them, and don't just throw it casually int ehir faces. Make sure they know you're serious about what you're talking about and know a lot about it already.

Although I don't have any good hardware stores anywhere near me, I go out with my dad when i can and pick up things I need. And you may be suprised at how much your parents know that you didn't know they knew. Heck, my dad helps me out as much as he can when I need it!

#208339 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Glint on 31 January 2009 - 06:25 PM in Modifications

My new BBBB (no cosmetics):

Posted Image
Posted Image

Along with a lot of converted Micro darts that fit especially into it's barrel:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#208341 Big Blast Questions

Posted by Glint on 31 January 2009 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

Aha, well I might just have to go and pick one of those up myself!

Thanks JSB :D

Anways, this thread's original purpose and point are over. Let it die.