A Tank...

Can it be done?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Jigjigyy

Jigjigyy

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:11 AM

Hey, I have a question, has anyone ever made or thought of making a tank for Nerf wars? The reason I ask this is because I was wondering if it would even work.(Another reason is I thought of making one myself.)
.sdrawkcab kaeps nac I

#2 bobbybilly60

bobbybilly60

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:24 AM

you beat me to it.

Edited by bobbybilly60, 31 January 2009 - 01:25 AM.

Hooah!

#3 washedup

washedup

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:25 AM

Hey, I have a question, has anyone ever made or thought of making a tank for Nerf wars? The reason I ask this is because I was wondering if it would even work.(Another reason is I thought of making one myself.)

Yes. It has been brought up before. If it's been made, I don't know. Search through the homemades and you should come across it. And on the other point, go for it. IT's not practical, but what the hell.
Go FUCK yourself!

#4 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:21 AM

Yes it could work. No it wouldn't be practical outside of scenario missions. But it would be really kool.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#5 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:27 AM

We also had a "discussion" about it here:

http://www.nerfhq.co...g92253#msg92253

It would be extremely fun, but practically retarded.

Edited by Glint, 31 January 2009 - 09:28 AM.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#6 TheBolt

TheBolt

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

A Nerf tank is one of those things that is so retarded, it turns into some thing you have to do. You could build it using plywood for plating, two bikes welded together and spaced by aluminum tubing, door hinges for hatches and some other crap for other features you'll never use. Great, now that I started thinking about it, I want to build it.

#7 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

As I stated in the last thread about this subject, it would only be useful in the winter time or in cold weather when we needed to make a bonfire to keep warm. Mind you, the passengers will be kept inside it to add some music to the area and flavoring to anything we cook.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#8 foxdemon82

foxdemon82

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:01 PM

it can be done and it can be practical look at paintball tanks as a good example just make one almost like those except strap a few vulcans to it and you got yourself a ner tank
QUOTE(Glint @ Feb 15 2009, 07:07 PM) View Post

So stop with all the "new Recon" crap. This thing definately isn't a Recon, I'll wager my soul. Someone can quote me on that if they'd like

#9 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

How about let's not compare nerf and paintball ever again, shall we? Just because something works for scenario PB doesn't mean it would work for nerf. In an actual war, a tank would just make you the crappiest camper on the field.

Edited by rork, 31 January 2009 - 04:08 PM.

<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#10 Jigjigyy

Jigjigyy

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:18 PM

How about let's not compare Nerf and paintball ever again, shall we? Just because something works for scenario PB doesn't mean it would work for Nerf. In an actual war, a tank would just make you the crappiest camper on the field.

I agree with rork that paintball and Nerf should not be compared but anyway I may as well try to make a tank, and well I'm at it I might as well make an Armoured train, or a helicopter! (but seriously I am going to try building a tank.)
.sdrawkcab kaeps nac I

#11 Darth Tom

Darth Tom

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

Am I the only one here who assumed he meant an air tank, such as the one CS uses for his Magstrikes? I subconsciously gave him the benefit of the doubt I guess - never thought I'd see someone actually suggesting an armored Nerf tank they could ride in.

#12 foxdemon82

foxdemon82

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

How about let's not compare nerf and paintball ever again, shall we? Just because something works for scenario PB doesn't mean it would work for nerf. In an actual war, a tank would just make you the crappiest camper on the field.

no reason to back a bus up on me.......
QUOTE(Glint @ Feb 15 2009, 07:07 PM) View Post

So stop with all the "new Recon" crap. This thing definately isn't a Recon, I'll wager my soul. Someone can quote me on that if they'd like

#13 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:58 PM

hmm... It would be cool to have some props that just sit there, like a tank, but having a fully mobile vehicle? That's just dumb.

#14 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:12 PM

Not this shit again. If you've built a tank, post pictures. If not, there's no point in posting a topic about it.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users