What Guns Do You Use?

what is your setup for wars

108 replies to this topic

#51 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:06 AM

Indoors/CQB, Brassed AT3K and maybe Tsunami-SG7 BBBB.

Outdoors, my super-effective NF and... nothing as of now. I had a PETG longshot, but that failed because of issues with the copper part of the breech, I'm making a Doomsayer but I really screwed up the rotating mech and I need to buy a new one, and on my SuperMAXX 500 "rifle", PETG proved to be too tight a fit for airguns with Best Materials foam. I need to get some more 9/16 brass for that one. I'm also looking in to buying a BBB, since I've heard they're good and they now come in hot-looking red and black, but to me, it seems like reloading might get slightly tedious. I'm slightly amused by the fact I have a collection of at least 20 guns and not a single one of them works for me as an outdoor primary.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#52 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

Why the hell do you play in the dark?

Probably the same reason I do: It's more fun to shoot at a target you can barely see, because it's more challenging. Also, it gives you concealment and that adrenaline rush that there could be someone stalking you... Playing in the dark owns playing in the light.

Precisely. When you're indoors, and most of the lights are out, it opens up opportunities for different playstyles and tactics. Stealth can actually be employed, but only if you know how to move quietly. :lol: You also have to check your targets (if you play that friendly fire counts), and it takes more time to clear a room - you have to check all the shadows, nooks and crannies to make sure one of the smaller players isn't hiding there, waiting to pelt you with foam the moment you turn your back.

Playing in lighted conditions, either indoors or out, is fun - but to me there is something missing. Playing in the dark, you get that paranoia factor going, which gets your heart racing - which is what the adrenaline junkies yearn for. :D Nothing is quite the same as silently walking down a hall, checking every doorway along the way, only to hear the sudden burst of a Magstrike opening up on you from the corner you thought was empty... :o

Have you guys ever played in smoke?
My dad plays Vietnamese songs and he has this smoke machine thing.
I used it and IT WAS AWESOME .
We did it with light , but still .
Were going to try with my basement completely dark.

We used a fog machine once. It made for an interesting atmosphere. We set it at the top of a flight of stairs, and let it run down a hallway and into the nearby rooms. It faded fairly quickly toward the far end of the hall, but at the near end, it was thick enough to look cool. As a bonus, that end of the hall had an illuminated green EXIT sign, which gave the smoke an eerie green glow in the darkness.

That reminds me of another benefit of playing in the dark - you can use glowsticks as objective markers. We've used them as flags, and to denote territories.

(Inspired by Halo/Battlefront - set up an odd number of "territories" - where each is denoted by two differently colored glow sticks. When one team arrives at the territoriy, they convert it to their side by hiding the enemy's color under a piece of dark cloth, leaving the territory their color. If the other team wants to take it over, they have to remove the enemy color and replace it with their own. To make it more dangerous to convert a territory, the player doing the conversion has to set all of their blasters on the ground before making the conversion - leaving them vulnerable during the conversion process - that way you can't just rush in and switch it - you've got to fight off the enemy team before making the switch.)
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#53 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

You see, I wish I had a basement. However, for some reason, people aren't too keen on basements in Texas.

I play no mod restriction games (Yes, that means if you have a singled Titan, you can play), though with no Stefans allowed. This is to make the game more adrenaline-y, since it's in the dark, team play, and you can actually get hurt playing. No stefans (Or taggers.) because I almost had my eye put out by a Stefan once. On 3 separate occasions with taggers.... From my cousin's (Unmodded in any way) Mav... Across the room... :o I'm a bit scarred for life from that.

I wish I could get a few smoke machines, so as to fill the house with smoke, in the dark, with modded guns, team members (You could friendly fire, and that always gets your heart pumping, thinking that your own team mate could be your demise), and lasers or colored lights on in certain areas to give a spooky effect. That game would own. :P
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#54 SawedOff

SawedOff

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

Mains:

BuzzBee Big Blast, AR's removed Brass Barrel nested in PVC as a primary.

Springed,AR removed, Banded, Reinforced, PVC BARRELED, and Painted NiteFinder as a secondary.

For indoor wars. I just use a FULL Crossfire coved in ammo holders, and a Magstrike with clips all over me.

Backups are anything i grab from the workshop.
Same thing here. Its the ugly short one right? Well you have to pump it like VIGOROUSLY! Like, force it in! I almost returned it, but it will get easier and easier.

#55 foammasteroffusion

foammasteroffusion

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

You see, I wish I had a basement. However, for some reason, people aren't too keen on basements in Texas.

I play no mod restriction games (Yes, that means if you have a singled Titan, you can play), though with no Stefans allowed. This is to make the game more adrenaline-y, since it's in the dark, team play, and you can actually get hurt playing. No stefans (Or taggers.) because I almost had my eye put out by a Stefan once. On 3 separate occasions with taggers.... From my cousin's (Unmodded in any way) Mav... Across the room... :o I'm a bit scarred for life from that.

I wish I could get a few smoke machines, so as to fill the house with smoke, in the dark, with modded guns, team members (You could friendly fire, and that always gets your heart pumping, thinking that your own team mate could be your demise), and lasers or colored lights on in certain areas to give a spooky effect. That game would own. :D

me i use swiming googles, but after the war i look in a mirror and see i have huge circles around my eye but it's better safe then sorry.

#56 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

Longshot/Scout/2k
+
NF

or

BBB
+
PistolSplat.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#57 foammasteroffusion

foammasteroffusion

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:27 PM

Hey guys I was just wondering what guns you use while in a nerf war and if you have them hooked to your body in any way what do you use?
I haven't nerfed lately because its winter and I live in Ohio so its snowy and cold, but once it warms up me and my friends want to get back into it.
I'm thinking of using my magstrike if I can get more mags for it, but if I cant I will probably just use my long shot that has a double clip and the shotgun foregrip for a higher ROF. I will also probably using a Nfinder as a side arm.

So yeah I'm just trying to form some ideas for what I might use.
O and by the way we play in a quite large spot but it has a ton of close range cover objects

just a little summary from what i see, bbbb's and nitefinders are the way to go.

#58 General Nerf

General Nerf

• Banned
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO MORE OF THESE NOOB THREADS! THERE ARE SO MANY OF THESE THINGS! :D NO MORE!

Edited by General Nerf, 12 February 2009 - 07:43 PM.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I am Rambo Fear me with all your might! ugh nnnnnoooooo I just got shot with a nerf dart! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! eh..eh..help me...

#59 imperious

imperious

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:47 PM

Cpvc doomsayer + tek target gun.

#60 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO MORE OF THESE NOOB THREADS! THERE ARE SO MANY OF THESE THINGS! :D NO MORE!

Damn dude, all I ever see you post is bitchy assed little flames. This topic has FOUR, count them 4 pages, and it obviously is rather popular. Hang up your "I'm an ass" hat, go change your tampon and try and contribute somthing other than your un-wanted opinion.

Now that that's out of the way, I'm going to have to say I'll be using my new Diskshot, and BBB at any wars I'm going to be atending this year.

Salindin

Edited by Salindin_Naz, 12 February 2009 - 08:52 PM.

#61 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:43 PM

Nstrike MS, LS, Recon. In that order.

Indoors, in the dark, with smoke (Turns out, my uncle had a smoke machine the whole time...), they're a very good combo. Outdoors, notsomuch. (Though my cousin and I both use modded LSs, so they tend to hurt a bit in point-blank. Who barrel-taps indoor?)

Moving on, who else thinks Vulcans are actually good in tight-quarter defense?
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#62 neonpistols

neonpistols

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

For now my BBB with Ar15 spring and petg barrel but when I get my Thundersplat, I'll probably use that. No luck with the ls or bbbb. :(
"All I'm gonna do is just go on and do what I feel" - Jimi Hendrix

#63 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:34 AM

For my primary I use SM1500 and a decently modded nitefinder. Though I'll soon be switching over to a SM500 as my secondary. The SM1500 is quad-barreled and as a result I rarely ever get rushed.
We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#64 Vinnie D

Vinnie D

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:27 AM

Right now I like using my Big Bad Bow, singled with a breech, nitefinder in the front handle, and a pocket blaster integrated into the nitefinder, lastly a Switch shot in the scope, with a reinforced recon stock on the back. I call it the Hydra. Yes it's a bunch of guns slapped on a BBB but it's pretty effective.

For a secondary I use a recon stripped down to the pistol. A nice clean clip fed sidearm, you can't beat the recon.

For indoor, I'm working on a longshot as a primary, but it's still incomplete. Until then, the same recon with a powerstock, is my primary with a maverick as a sidearm.

#65 skylarkoz

skylarkoz

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:15 PM

A poor Mans arsenal:My modded DTG And a sawed off Double Shot.

#66 Grimbad

Grimbad

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

First post. :D

Nstrike MS, LS, Recon. In that order.

Indoors, in the dark, with smoke (Turns out, my uncle had a smoke machine the whole time...), they're a very good combo. Outdoors, notsomuch. (Though my cousin and I both use modded LSs, so they tend to hurt a bit in point-blank. Who barrel-taps indoor?)

Moving on, who else thinks Vulcans are actually good in tight-quarter defense?

Have to agree. We usually do wars inside, often in the dark or with only a stobe light. We play a defense setup usually, with the defenders upstairs. Most of the fighting ends up on the stairs. Since the Vulcan came out, my brother sits in a bathroom at the top of the stairs and picks of anyone who makes it more than halfway up. This is very hard to get past, but the solution is to just throw more foam and bodies at it.
We don't do much heavy modding, and can't be bothered to make stefans. We like not having to wear goggles. I like to use my recon, which is more heavily modded than most of the other guns in our wars. I back this up with another, smaller pistol and a small lightsaber that lights up to look awesome in the dark.
Sometimes I just climb in through a window with just the lightsaber and win the game without having to fight past the staircase.
I carry stuff with a fishing vest and a belt.

Edited by Grimbad, 28 March 2009 - 07:23 PM.

#67 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:52 PM

My Pointblank Titan (with shotgun barrel), RF20 to bail me out of tight situations, NF sidearm.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#68 wespelarno

wespelarno

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:40 PM

I mostly war in our house with friends and siblings, playing a forcings back style game. My usualy set up is a magstrike as primary and sawed off doubleshot as a back up. Having the high rate of fire is advantageous for the rules we play, and the two shots from the double shot are better than a single shot from a nightfinder in this context. When it is working, I use my homemade shotgun for clearing corridors (7 shots at once from a spring gun, plus interchangeable heads for an instant 7 shot reload)
Someday, we're gonna break free from these chains and you know, someday, we're gonna dance with those lions

#69 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

Singled Big bad bow and Big Blast shotgun.
"In my Zombie plan I use my arsenal of foam to fend of the hoards of the undead as I make my way to Canada....... good luck to you Simmons."

#70 slienced assassin

slienced assassin

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:43 AM

I usually use my bbbb integrated rapid fire 20 with a tech target. Or I use a dtg integrated longshot with a couplared night finder.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

http://supernerf.piczo.com/?cr=1

#71 SaucyGanzalez

SaucyGanzalez

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:21 AM

LS spring added PAS with a Brass breach, or my PVC couplered X-bow and a Pistol splat secondary.
"Fuck it, ill use a hacksaw" ~ SaucyGanzalez

"Makin darts, eaten'....What ever this is" ~ UberKuhlMan

#72 RedHead

RedHead

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:33 AM

I use a pump-plugged LBB with a 1/2 and 17/32 telescoping brass barrel,
a Pistolsplat with about a 3" long 17/32 brass barrel,
and a 3 1/2' long pool noodle over 1/2 PVC sword.
It makes me happy.
"My affluence makes a nonsense of the regulations!"
-Kaiba with mustache

http://www.escapistm...t-4-Dumb-Part-8

#73 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:54 PM

I use a CPVC singled AT3K, and the occasional Big Blast and AT2K
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#74 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:03 PM

Hereticorp-breeched Longshot with a semi-automatic/pump for every shot DTB integrated into it. The longshot also has a foregrip. I use my 2x nitefinder as a secondary. I might use my gun-blade on occasion when I finish it.

Man, I do love my longshot.

#75 Pearson2

Pearson2

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

I use my pride and joy my PAS with my MR.T upgrade. Usually with this I don't bother with a sidearm although FA and I have talked about twin loading nightfinders which might be sweet.

Edited by Pearson2, 29 March 2009 - 02:22 PM.

Crooked: Did you see that guy who singled a doomsayer?

Pearson: Why would you single a doomsayer? Thats like taking a Ferarri and putting family seating in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users