Photo

Dtg Integration

84 replies to this topic

#51 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:25 AM

I bet it's the barrel length. But, I wonder if it's something else. You say you're barrels are over 2 inches? That means I have really long barrels. I'll try cutting an inch off. Also when i shoot the gun, without the turret, the're doesn't seem to be really much air coming out. Do you feel a blast of air come out when you fire yours? I took of the e-tape, but do you think replacing the o-ring would help?

How tight are the darts in the barrel? Could be a problem of matching foam to barrel material too.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#52 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:40 AM

The only thing I can think of is that gun may be firing before the hole in the turret gets there.

Carrtoon I bet that is exactly what it is. The weight of the barrels is causing the turret to lag behind.

#53 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:14 PM

The only thing I can think of is that gun may be firing before the hole in the turret gets there.

Carrtoon I bet that is exactly what it is. The weight of the barrels is causing the turret to lag behind.

Nope, not the problem. If I fire the gun without the turret I don't feel a blast of air. I need to get a better o-ring.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#54 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:10 PM

Yeah, I've found that e-tape doesn't help a ton, get two o-rings on there and you'll notice a difference.

#55 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:42 PM

Say hallo to my leetal fren!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Air modified DTG + 30-40 pumps + supersoaker 2100 CPS spherical bladder = a semi-auto 10 shot nerf gun
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#56 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:54 PM

Holy crap Carrtoon...

That's crazy. Very nice and very clean. So 30-40 pumps and you can get off ten shots? That is truely amazing.

#57 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:54 PM

Wow! Talk about heavily modified!
How does this set up work?
How secure is the spherical bladder casing now that it is attached to the gun?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#58 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:00 PM

Hehe. I keep trying to improve. I'm going to add a valve to turn on and off if I don't want to use the bladder. Each time this thing is modded it gets more complex. There is a piece of tubing running from the at2k tank to a T connector. One of the other ends runs to the bike pump valve and the other to the CPS bladder. You know how the bladder works. All I have to do is pull the trigger in short bursts and I've got one hell of a nerf gun. I don't have a valve to let a certain amount of air out after each trigger pull, but that might be next. I dremeled out the back of the gun and the bladder fit nicely. It moves a small bit, but it doesn't matter. If it really bothers me, I may glue it in. It actually works as a nice shoulder rest!

Edited by Carrtoon, 13 July 2006 - 05:01 PM.

#59 Master Yogurt

Master Yogurt

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:03 PM

While I can't answer any questions about his gun, a year of Super Soaking experience can answer one of your questions, Angel. The bladder should be very, very secure. The sphere itself is simply casing for it, and is rather self-contained. It would simply be held in the soaker, but the soaker wouldn't do much to keep it together. If you mean how securely it's placed on the end, I can't answer that, but probably very much so. Pressure buildup isn't a problem, since the sphere itself doesn't pressurize much if at all. It's all in the bladder.
Come to PANO!

You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back. The Trooper

#60 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:29 PM

Now that it has a stock, that thing deserves the scope sight you put on it earlier.

And...

That is total ownage on the field. It's really bad...ass.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#61 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:38 PM

Now that it has a stock, that thing deserves the scope sight you put on it earlier.

And...

That is total ownage on the field. It's really bad...ass.

Well I'll let you know if it is total owange in two weeks. It looks like it should be. Shotty Carrtoon on my team for teh win! Anways this is amazing. Has range dimished at all?

#62 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:40 PM

Hehe. I haven't tested ranges yet because I just took it apart. I'm K modding the sphere. I'll post ranges soon...

#63 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:09 PM

This is clearly some type of sick joke. I mean, so disgusting it puts eating live slugs to shame.

Congrats again, that looks amazingly clean, and very powerful. Thankfully it's not CO2 powered or anything, or that'd just be completely unfair. I mean, 10-shot semi-auto? Yeah.

Keep in mind when you K-mod the sphere you're going to let air out even faster, so be careful with those trigger pulls!

When THIRST, myself, and others attempted hooking up a bladder (some used a PC bladder, THIRST and I used RF20 bladders) to an AT2k, the best range we ever got out of it was 60', and that was from THIRST. Although linking that up with the auto-rotation of the DTG is just pure genius. You never cease to impress the members at NH, and I dearly hope you're going into engineering or something.

~ompa

#64 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:46 PM

Thanks and composite engineering actually. So you may see the first carbon fiber nerf gun! Kidding. Well, I was happy with the results. I'm hitting about 76'. I need to tweak the barrel timing, but after that I should be set.

#65 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:56 PM

Carrtoon, you amaze the hell out of me. I need to either make this, but I only have 1 2k valve, and a 1-3-5 bladder, but I don't have $40, or a NiteMav. Congrats one your undieing sucsess.

Edited by godzillasoaker65, 13 July 2006 - 06:57 PM.

#66 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:25 PM

Hehe. Thanks. Here's a vid of it firing:

CPSDTG

#67 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 10:16 PM

I actually just thought of this, so your blue DTG fires farther or just as far as this one? With only a slightly faster rate of fire? Don't get me wrong, this is a sweet gun, and an excellent mod, but I think that it would have been better off with out the semi-auto addition.

Edited by sam, 13 July 2006 - 10:27 PM.

#68 warx

warx

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:48 PM

(if you don't mind my input) A spring-loaded Dart Tag Blaster is difficult and awkward to rush opponents with, due to front-heaviness causing a feel of imbalance. You'll get all ten shots off, but its not likely that any of those will find its intended target. Using the pressure-powered semi-auto, one can use both of his god-given hands to support the gun/aiming, and that makes a world of difference.

Cartoon, thanks for giving me hope.
The perfect signature does not exsist.

#69 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:02 AM

Thanks again. I really don't like the blue one as much. Anyone who has replaced a spring on a gun with an uber strong spring knows that cocking the gun is a challenge. On an NF, it's not so bad. The grabbing ring doesn't hurt your hands. On the other hand, the DTG has a bad cocking handle for strong springs. After 10 shots, my hands have totally cramped and the rate of fire is slower.

Also, I'm not going to keep the red DTG just semi auto. I'm going to have a valve so I have the option to go semi auto. It takes 40 pumps to get the bladder completely full and that takes a while. It'd be nice to pump the gun up before the round, fire the 10 shots, reload, close a valve, and have the 2 pump and shoot feature. I can't wait to use this in SPANO!

(I think SPANO should be NO SPAM. Nerf Outing Saint Paul And Minneapolis, just for the funny name.)

#70 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:54 AM

Do you think you can post the internals of how everything is connected with the CPS bladder in there? Just curious about how it fits. B)

#71 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:52 AM

I think SPANO should be NO SPAM. Nerf Outing Saint Paul And Minneapolis, just for the funny name.

I like it! I was trying to come up with a name that had SPAM in it somewhere.

#72 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 09:35 AM

T-connector between the pump, AT2k chamber, and K-modded bladder. Beautifully simple. Not to mention all that would be needed is a valve on the pipe between the T-connector and the bladder. I would REALLY suggest looking at Zero's semi-auto valve if you're looking for a more regulated option; replace the AT2k valve with one of those, and you have one ridiculously good gun. Not that yours isn't already ridiculously good.

~ompa

#73 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:05 AM

I'm speechless. It's just so beautiful.

The only things I can think of to make it better, besides a new valve arrangement, are to add a schrader valve and/or ball valve into the air line between the T-connector and bladder. That way, you could close off the bladder, allowing the chamber to be pumped quickly for one shot if you don't have the time to pump 40 times. The schrader would allow for a Co2 tire inflator to be used, filling up the entire bladder quickly.

So you may see the first carbon fiber nerf gun!

You know, you're kidding about it now, but I bet you'd like to see what's waiting in my freezer while I finish up the Thing 2....
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#74 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 08:38 AM

This is one of the more amazing mods I've ever seen. Congrats! And now I must drop the noob bomb. What exactly is k-modding?

-Thanks
,Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#75 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 08:39 AM

You know, you're kidding about it now, but I bet you'd like to see what's waiting in my freezer while I finish up the Thing 2....

No way! I'm gonna have to see this! I also think I will put a valve in...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users