Photo

Big Blast Questions

14 replies to this topic

#1 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:48 AM

Alright, yesterday I went out and bought myself two Big Blasts. I have one opened up and sitting in front of me. I'm planning on plugging the pump, btu I have a couple questions first.

First off, there are two holes on the side of the pump that I'm wondering if I should plug:

Posted Image
Theres one on the other side to.

I'm expecting not, but just wondering anyways.

Also, I don't have any good barrel material avaliable to me at the moment, so I'm wondering if I could pry off the endcap on the stock barrel and shoot darts. Yes, it would be an excruciatingly horrid seal, but at least it would shoot darts. Plus there'd be more airflow for the misslies.

If I do pry off the endcap, should I plug the two hold on the side of the barrel?:

Posted Image

Thanks for helping. I'm loving this gun already.

Edited by Glint, 31 January 2009 - 10:49 AM.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#2 m14

m14

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:54 AM

I'm not sure about the pump, but cut behind the two holes.
I believe in the true lord Joseph Stalin. Problem?

#3 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:54 AM

You do not need to plug the 2 side holes on the pump just the one on the top. On the barrel cut just below the 2 holes, the big blast will still shoot darts far even if you use that barrel.
THE OHIO PLAYDATE. WE PLAY WITH FORKS.

#4 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:05 AM

Alright, cool. THanks guys.

One question I forgot to add to the first post though is how amny pumps maximum i should take it up to after the pump is plugged. Right now the overpressure release kicks in at around 11...

Also, should I lube the inside of the lunger tube, or will that affect anything in air guns?

Edited by Glint, 31 January 2009 - 11:06 AM.

- VACC

#5 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

Alright, cool. THanks guys.

One question I forgot to add to the first post though is how amny pumps maximum i should take it up to after the pump is plugged. Right now the overpressure release kicks in at around 11...

Also, should I lube the inside of the lunger tube, or will that affect anything in air guns?

I suggest no more than 15.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#6 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:24 AM

Uhmm... holy crap. After plugging the pump and cutting down the barrel, I pumped it up about 12 times and phoved a missile on the barrel. The rigger was extrmely hard to pull back, but after tugging and pulling a lot, I finally got it to shoot. Here's what happened:

Posted Image
Yes, that's the barrel

Posted Image

Posted Image

The missile literally split in half, ripping the fins apart along with it.

So... about that lube... should I lube the Plunger head and/or plunger tube?

And is there anything I can do to fix the REALLY tough trigger pull?

I'm scared of this monster...

EDIT: And here's what it did to a freaking Micro:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Glint, 31 January 2009 - 11:31 AM.

- VACC

#7 Mod Man

Mod Man

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

The weak link of the Big Blast is the plastic trigger. You might want to reinforce it a bit before using the plugged BB much more. Also be careful not to overpressurize (sp).....boom. Nerf Safe! Later, Mod

#8 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

Uhmm... holy crap. After plugging the pump and cutting down the barrel, I pumped it up about 12 times and phoved a missile on the barrel. The rigger was extrmely hard to pull back, but after tugging and pulling a lot, I finally got it to shoot. Here's what happened:
[Pictures and explanations]

And is there anything I can do to fix the REALLY tough trigger pull?

Pump it less.

And for that micro problem, change the barrel to CPVC.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#9 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:48 AM

I think it's an assembly problem. If you open up your big blast, on the internals, there's a nail like piece that the trigger attatches onto at the base of the barrel. Check that and make sure that there's nothing on it. Check the trigger spring too.

I did not plug the two side holes on the pump, but I did plug the one on the very end. What I did to make a dart that worked very well and was airtight was almost like a CDT. I flipped the Micro's suction head inside out, and pulled it out. On it was a small rubber peg that I cut off and stuck back into the 'dead dart.' I wrapped the end with the peg in it with several layers of E-Tape (I wrapped it until it was airtight.) and then put some superglue on the end to keep the peg in and to harden the tip. Those darts reached ranges similar to a coupler-modded BBBB.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#10 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:10 PM

I think it's an assembly problem. If you open up your big blast, on the internals, there's a nail like piece that the trigger attatches onto at the base of the barrel. Check that and make sure that there's nothing on it. Check the trigger spring too.

I did not plug the two side holes on the pump, but I did plug the one on the very end. What I did to make a dart that worked very well and was airtight was almost like a CDT. I flipped the Micro's suction head inside out, and pulled it out. On it was a small rubber peg that I cut off and stuck back into the 'dead dart.' I wrapped the end with the peg in it with several layers of E-Tape (I wrapped it until it was airtight.) and then put some superglue on the end to keep the peg in and to harden the tip. Those darts reached ranges similar to a coupler-modded BBBB.

Well when I was testing it (when the micro and missile got eaten) I didn't have it in the shell, I was just using the insides in my hands. So I don't think that's a problem.

But I'll keep the Micro Dart convert in mind; thanks!

Pump it less.

And for that micro problem, change the barrel to CPVC.

Well the reason I used a Micro was because I dodn't want to waste a good dart if something like that did happen (and whadya know, something did happen). And the reason I use the stock barrel is because I don't have any good barrel material. I'll hopefully get some soon.

Well thanks everyone for their help. I am loving this gun!

- VACC

#11 twenty4

twenty4

• Banned
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:14 PM

Cut behind the two small holes.

#12 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:16 PM

Yes, I did that. Thank you anyways.

- VACC

#13 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

All of these posts and none of you bothered to point out that there's almost no reason to plug the pump of a Big Blast.

With just a barrel replacement most Big Blasts can shoot a stefan 120 to 140 feet.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#14 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:24 PM

Well CS, as I've said thrice now; I currently don't have a suitable barrel material avaliable to me at the moment, so I decided to work with one of the two BBBB's I bought without using a Barrel Replacement. The other will not have a plugged pump, but it will be worked on later. And the one in this thread will also be getting a new barrel.

Edited by Glint, 31 January 2009 - 03:37 PM.

- VACC

#15 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:28 PM

Aha, well I might just have to go and pick one of those up myself!

Thanks JSB :D

Anways, this thread's original purpose and point are over. Let it die.

Edited by Glint, 31 January 2009 - 06:28 PM.

- VACC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users