Kilomona's Content

There have been 99 items by Kilomona (Search limited from 31-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#351343 3D printed parts

Posted by Kilomona on 04 February 2016 - 03:05 PM in Modifications

Thingiverse, maybe shapeworks. Otherwise i dont know.... Also, depending on your printer, barrels might not be a good idea as they require a good flat inner surface instead of the lines you might usually get (unless you are talking about a extension barrel).

#350636 3d printed rivals flywheels help

Posted by Kilomona on 09 January 2016 - 10:50 PM in Modifications

That's good knowledge for further development. The blaster I'm designing is meant to be like a stryfe sized Zeus with Apollo style magazine placement. I've been trying to reduce the flywheel size but I might end up needing the 360 sized motors. However with the increased ball compression, I guess the flywheels will be closer together. This has turned out to be a difficult project.

I think you could use the dart pusher from a rapidstrike to feed the HIRs (after you figure out the flywheel problem). I think it would fit sideways in a stryfe size shell behind the clip/magazine near where the dart pusher assembly is on a stryfe. Also, Ireally like your idea.

#353402 3D Texture Help

Posted by Kilomona on 11 May 2016 - 04:37 PM in Modifications

I dont have much experience with it, but epoxy putty on sanded shell could work.

#353513 3D Texture Help

Posted by Kilomona on 16 May 2016 - 03:27 PM in Modifications

Don't use hot glue it will cone off easy!

Yeah... Hot glue can and WILL get rubbed off easily, epoxy putty will hold much better. Just try putting your thumb next to it and pushing a bit. It'll peel right off.

#358290 95 Crossbow Clip Fed?

Posted by Kilomona on 28 February 2017 - 03:42 PM in Modifications

Similar to how the koosh vortex tornado used a priming handle that pulls the rod back, but isn't attached so it can for forward again could we put a long notch on the priming rod?

#352816 Airsoft Stock for Worker Folding Buffer Tube

Posted by Kilomona on 16 April 2016 - 07:51 AM in General Nerf

Probably better to ask this on an airsoft forum, or just go through reviews on amazon and whatnot. Most of the people on this forum are only involved with nerf.

#350550 Amazon Nerf N-Strike Elite Darts Knockoffs - Question

Posted by Kilomona on 06 January 2016 - 12:22 PM in Darts and Barrels

I reccomend either making stefans/slugs for springers ( if you modify your guns) or purchasing koosh gen 3 darts (for springers) from ebay. The ones on amazon i have seen may work, but not as well as koosh. For flywheels, i'd say koosh gen 3 also, for their cheap price and usability. If the rapidstrike is overhauled, stefans or slugs should work fairly well with an extended dart pusher. This all is if you just want cheap darts. Amazon ones should work, but you get what you pay for.

#351571 Any nerfers in northern virginia?

Posted by Kilomona on 16 February 2016 - 08:56 PM in Nerf Wars

1. Clean up your grammar, mods around here don't like that.
2. The SENC might let you join if you are a regular participant, and depending on how far north you are.

#352585 Anything similar to the Rebelle Spylight in boys color scheme

Posted by Kilomona on 02 April 2016 - 09:18 PM in General Nerf

Paint works, purple is fave color. Lotsa royal people agreed with me.

#356563 Best way to go about a pump action retaliator

Posted by Kilomona on 01 November 2016 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

Making your own isn't difficult or expensive. Coat hangers, tape, an a no cutter is really all you need.

#356265 Big salvo blast button

Posted by Kilomona on 15 October 2016 - 12:51 PM in General Nerf

If you don't need two separate trigger pulls, you could use a lever trigger to push the two buttons at about the same time. That may also work to make it a two stage trigger pull. Alternatively, using one tank, you can use pipes to route the air to two (or really however many you want) barrels at once.

Edit: typically, back pressure air tanks have attached blast buttons.

#354347 Blasters to look out for?

Posted by Kilomona on 18 June 2016 - 07:41 PM in General Nerf

Anything old- koosh vortex, lanard, old nerf stuff, and rare stuff like crimson strike and whiteout things. All of these are just for money. Also, air blasters are nice.

#352776 Blastzooka vs Big Blast?

Posted by Kilomona on 13 April 2016 - 07:06 AM in General Nerf

Blastzooka goes perfectly into a recon shell, can use the orig trigger, and needs minimal shell cutting. Barrel can be cut stock or replaced.

#351512 boomco to nerf?

Posted by Kilomona on 14 February 2016 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

Im pretty sure someone has done this before.... Maybe. I feel like i remember them using 17/32 brass and replacing the barrels with it.

#357999 Can everyone please mesure their nerf guns?

Posted by Kilomona on 16 February 2017 - 08:16 AM in Modifications

Sure, once I'm home on Friday/Saturday. Will upload data in centimeters and inches. Might be off by a little bit because I don't have calipers, so I'm using a tape measure.

#352506 Can I use E-600 instead of Goop, for securing Petg in 1/2"PVC

Posted by Kilomona on 29 March 2016 - 03:57 PM in Darts and Barrels

Thank guys!

I will probably end up using e-6000 then, um, one question though, how fast does e-6000 cure? (When nesting PETG)

Minimum of 24 hours, possibly up to 72 hours (google is a friendly guy).

#352220 Clear Shot/Stormfire: Seal Improvement & Spring Swap

Posted by Kilomona on 15 March 2016 - 04:30 PM in Modifications

great write-up.  Something i would like to try is cutting off the front part in front of the dart holder to kind of even out the proportions.  Thanks for the write-up. PS how are you in members if you have only 4 posts?

I don't exactly know how the member system works, but it did the same for me. I think a good post like this qualifies you as a member in my eyes. But yeah, I do thing the front bit could be cut off.

#355963 Clearcoat questions.

Posted by Kilomona on 23 September 2016 - 06:53 AM in Modifications

I use Rustoleum 2x extra clear gloss. I think it is really close to the stock nerf gloss, and I like that it doesn't need a lot for each blaster.

#353756 Constant Force spring blaster infodump

Posted by Kilomona on 25 May 2016 - 03:07 PM in Homemades

Kind of building on DjOnslaught's idea, what about 4 spring coils arranged in a square design? That might help with evening out the the pull on the plunger.

#353709 Constant Force spring blaster infodump

Posted by Kilomona on 23 May 2016 - 08:31 PM in Homemades

I think this could work with a very heavy draw, because it would accelerate quickly the whole time, perhaps even performing better than more common springs deaccelerating as they compress air. That kinda makes me want to see a spring that accelerates as it pushes... But, that sounds unrealistic.

#350813 Cool Nerf Gun Tricks!

Posted by Kilomona on 16 January 2016 - 04:17 PM in General Nerf

Dont know if this counts as a trick, but the Hammershot has spots not typically known that can hold extra darts/slugs/stefans. Under the turrent, the open space in frot of the little pod thingy can hold 3 darts. The sling point can hold two or three, I don't remember which.

#354016 Definitive Guide to 3D Printing

Posted by Kilomona on 06 June 2016 - 10:18 PM in Homemades

As you said, 3D print layers aren't chemically bonded. Could doing a sort of... Rubbing i guess? help with creating one? Like, taking a paintbrush with solvent weld on it and brushing it on the outside of the print to bond layers.

#351217 Demolisher vs. Rapidstrike

Posted by Kilomona on 28 January 2016 - 10:16 PM in General Nerf

For mobility..... Hm.... I guess a demolisher if you dont have a dual attachment sling, and a rapidstrike if you do. I personally get more fun value from demolishers, just from the satisfaction of rocket nutshots.

#352464 Discussion of dead/dying brands and blasters

Posted by Kilomona on 27 March 2016 - 11:24 AM in General Nerf

Boomco is neither dead nor dying... Modified, using boomco straws, I think they are superior to stock and lightly modified Nerf brand blasters.

#355823 DP-2 low tide

Posted by Kilomona on 26 August 2016 - 10:40 AM in Modifications

Level of relevance non foreal you mean commas and semi colans I just read over it and see where some commas and semi colans should go, but not periods the way the sentences are structured makes them able to be longer.

Level of relevance? NonE. For real? You mean commas and semicolons. I just read it over and I see where some commas and semicolons should go, but no periods. The way sentences are structured makes them able to be longer.

#357116 Extended Hammer

Posted by Kilomona on 12 December 2016 - 05:24 PM in Modifications

I say try it, but if it breaks when priming (test with thick gloves so no bleeding everywhere) print it again and give it a thin coat or epoxy or resin and try it again.

#351825 Extremely Cheap "Homdox" Darts

Posted by Kilomona on 26 February 2016 - 10:34 PM in Darts and Barrels

That perfect for my cousins who don't call their hits. Edit, also, if the hole is not there, it would be more accurate, right.

Right. Problem is, if they don't have a hole anywhere then they cannot compress, causing-yup, you guessed it- pain.

#353739 First Mod -- Rapidstrike

Posted by Kilomona on 24 May 2016 - 03:08 PM in Modifications

The 180s are already in and the shell has already been cut. I don't even play competitively. Mostly just dick around with my roommates. I also have the 35 dart drum, so yeah. The goal for this build is to light up my roommates when they least expect it so the faster and harder they shoot the better. ;-)

A full set of 180s in a college dorm room- so close range- will hurt like hell, especially a full 35 drum. Unless they are really resistant to pain or know you really well, you'll be lucky to not have campus police called on you.

#350635 Good Glue Gun for Modifications

Posted by Kilomona on 09 January 2016 - 10:44 PM in Modifications

If you dont feel like springing for an adjustable temperature glue gun, low temp is better for dartsmithing. I haven't found any advantages to a high temp, other than its ability to heat up a bit quicker (in my experience). As far as sizes go, I use a small one. Large or industrial sizes usually flood out glue and are just large and unwieldy. For glue sticks, I just use normal clear glue- not a reccomendation as I have never used other kinds.

#350677 Good Glue Gun for Modifications

Posted by Kilomona on 11 January 2016 - 02:14 PM in Modifications

Thank you guys for the replies and the information. Based on what I have read, I get the impression that a glue gun might not be the best tool for modifications. Maybe I am wrong here? 

My desire is to be able to install a high current switch in a space that might not have enough stock plastic support. I saw a video in which a hot glue gun was used. If the hot glue gun is not the best tool/application, which method would you guys recommend? 

A hot glue gun should be enough for your intended application, as long as the switch is not being toggled or pressed in a way that places a large amount of stress on the bond.
Edit: a hot glue gun is useful to have in general for modification and nerfing purposes as a primary bonding agent and as general use.

#352984 Grease

Posted by Kilomona on 23 April 2016 - 03:16 PM in Modifications

To answer your second question, yes. However, do your research, you've been around long enough to know that.

#355363 Help with Demolisher modding

Posted by Kilomona on 05 August 2016 - 08:32 AM in Modifications

Just do a rewire, maybe new flywheels and motors, and a lipo.

#353672 Help with repair

Posted by Kilomona on 22 May 2016 - 06:34 PM in General Nerf

Do you mean the one you pump up, and is really little? If so, try holding down the trigger and (with a dart in the barrel) moving the pump back quickly. If the dart moves or fires, your tank is probably leaky, If it doesn't, something is either 1. Blocking airflow, 2. The pump is broken, or 3. The piece you hold is messed up somehow. If the tank is leaky, open it up and examine it. If nothing jumps out at you as wierd, try pumping it up amd watch it. You may be able to pump it up then put it in water to see if it shoots out bubbles.

#356002 Homemade Titan Rockets- How would YOU go about them?

Posted by Kilomona on 25 September 2016 - 02:59 PM in Darts and Barrels

I would use pool noodle with half stress balls on the top.

#354147 How much psi per shot?

Posted by Kilomona on 12 June 2016 - 06:01 PM in General Nerf

An air blaster will literally tear elite darts apart in the barrel at that speed (trust me, I sacrificed many a dart testing my XBZ) 300 fps for any dart is much to dangerous to use on human beings with a nonlethal intent. I think 120 psi is what alot of people use for about 6-8 good shots, depending on tank size.

#356420 HvZ primary

Posted by Kilomona on 25 October 2016 - 02:24 PM in General Nerf

Magnum is good, you could use destiny well.

#355997 I need few more responces for a QUICK nerf survey

Posted by Kilomona on 25 September 2016 - 12:02 PM in Off Topic

1. Nerf as a hobby has a lot of real-life aspects that I really like. The problem solving and engineering aspect as well as the investment of money and time really gets me. One reason that got me into the hobby was my obsessive research I do. Whenever I try to do something, I learn absolutely everything I can before investing money or time into it, and Nerfhaven snagged that part of my personality.
2. I would buy a blaster if there is monetary gain for me, or if it was a very well performing or looking blaster.
3. The maximum I would spend on a single blaster is probably $20-$30.

4.) 5, 4, 3, 0, 1, 3
5. Good 'ol 1.5" slugs.
6. Carbine
7. Single shot
8.) 3.5
9. More airguns, better darts
10. Metal breech silent electric pump loser shooting darts with good range

#351501 I need help for a certain modification!

Posted by Kilomona on 14 February 2016 - 12:38 PM in Modifications

Heres a pic, for anyone else.
I can't think of any similarly shaped blasters for a body, but depending on whether you want it functional or not you could use the thumbhole stock area of a thunderblast stock or rayven as the body then add a top piece from a firestrike to finish it, then paint it.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.png

#351526 I need help for a certain modification!

Posted by Kilomona on 15 February 2016 - 12:57 PM in Modifications

The front reminds me of a minimized nitefinder. Attach a swarm fire stock and use a piece of PVC covering the priming rod and with an end cap to mimic the slide.

That actually sounds perfect. Replacing the nitefinder handle with a mav handle could also help, and the entire design could be resemble the performance of a nitefider with homemade internals as the pvc could be used as a plunger.

#351360 If you're bored...

Posted by Kilomona on 05 February 2016 - 11:45 AM in Modifications

Do triads count? I might "enter" this "contest" with a submission but I'd rather do it with a blaster i have already, and know my local walmart has, than have to buy a jolt for this purpose.