Photo

Blasters to look out for?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Tactiuncool

Tactiuncool

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:07 PM

Hi, new to the site. New to nerf. I love it. I'm currently on a road trip, hitting flea markets and Goodwills and stuff along the way. Are there any cool blasters I should be on the lookout for? I'm mostly familiar with the n strike stuff at the moment.

#2 Remzak

Remzak

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:18 PM

If it's yellow, let it mellow.

If it is vortex... I don't know, but certainly don't buy it.

If it is an elite blaster buy it.

If it is a modulus blaster buy it.

If it is mega buy it.

If it is a crossbow, an ERTL PAS, or an air blaster, buy it.

When in doubt, look it up.

Edited by Remzak, 17 June 2016 - 02:18 PM.

Unnoficial "Drone" Expert

#3 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:58 PM

You can do some research by searching eBay for sold prices of various Nerf blasters.

#4 TypicalSeattleModder

TypicalSeattleModder

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:44 PM

this

http://i.ebayimg.com...ZUEE~A/$_32.JPG

#5 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:10 PM

Tough to say without more information about what you want out of your finds.  Blasters to mod/use?  Blasters to collect?  Blasters to flip?  Have a look through NH, wikis, blogs, Google, to see the different types of blasters that have been released through time, and decide what your preferences are.  I run a Facebook group called "Nerf Thrifters" where we discuss exactly this sort of thing and post our finds, you may find that of interest.  Good luck!

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#6 MavMaster

MavMaster

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:09 PM

keep an eye out for a longshot if you are interested in moderate to advanced modding, or if you might want to mod someday, or if you just find one cheap. it would probably be easier to compile a list of blasters to avoid than blasters to get.  however, such info will be biased, so keep that in mind. i will start a list, comment if you disagree, or have suggestions. 

stuff to generally avoid:

• Deploy CS-6    most nerfers hate this blaster. it is very impractical, and hard to mod. it is not much good modded either.  however, it is kinda cool if you dont care about performance.
  • Longstrike CS-6   looks cool, but has bad performance.  the barrel is good though.
  • Recon CS-6   bad performance, better options available.
  • i will add more later.
  • in reply to The2ndBluesBro,  thank you for being so polite.  but you are right, assuming you want to do such advanced mods.
  • also, no matter what the blaster is, if its cheap enough, it is a good idea to buy it.  you can use it for integrations, or other advanced mods.

Edited by MavMaster, 18 June 2016 - 04:41 PM.

#7 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:32 PM

<p>, Longstrike CS-6   looks cool, but has bad performance.  the barrel is good though.

Couldn't be farther from the truth. The blaster sells for at least $40-50 USD consistently and is a great platform for airgun internals. One of the best thrift finds.

Edited by The2ndBluesBro, 18 June 2016 - 04:33 PM.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#8 Kilomona

Kilomona

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:41 PM

Anything old- koosh vortex, lanard, old nerf stuff, and rare stuff like crimson strike and whiteout things. All of these are just for money. Also, air blasters are nice.

#9 Maniacal Coyote

Maniacal Coyote

On Increasingly Thin Ice

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:30 PM

Koosh Vortex Tornado (Purple and yellow blaster) -- Put homemade internals in to make an NIC primary called the Tornadobow

'95 Action Nerf Crossbow -- The base of our modding culture. Largest plunger tube. You can turn it into an NIC primary fairly easily.

JT Splatmaster Z-100 -- Good spring-powered single-shot pistol. Works in both superstock and NIC games.

Hammershot -- 5-shot one-hand blaster with potential to get really good ranges and use 7-shot cylinders. Good for superstock games.

Longshot CS-6 -- Most powerful magazine-fed springer for dominating in SuperStock games.

Alpha Trooper CS-12/6 (Blue/Orange with white stripes) -- Good, lightweight magazine-fed primary for superstock and HvZ games. Do not get the yellow version, it's obsolete.

Airtech/Supermaxx -- Airguns are always good.

Buzz Bee Big Blast (B^4) -- Entry level Ozzy blaster.

Drain Blaster (Cobra or something similar) -- Good base for a pistol that fires rockets or a massive cloud of darts.

I know how to help you because I have broken every rule in the book.

#10 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:53 AM

1st edition panthers. They're a small pistol with a decent internal air tank. Later editions were neutered with smaller tanks. Look inside the barrel. If the barrel id is black, put it back. if the barrel ID is white, it's right. I put a 3 dart RSCB on mine and it's my favorite NIC primary due to it's super small size and decent power.

"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#11 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:17 PM

As most people are saying, pick up:

- Longshots, color does not matter. They are all the same

- Alpha Troopers (only the blue and orange models)

- Anything Elite

- Repaints of blasters or clear series (sonic too) shells. They are collectible, especially the Gear Up series, Whiteout series, and the Red (Crimson) strike series.

- 1995 Kenner Crossbows and any other vintage blasters. There are so many your best bet is to look it up, but notable ones are: Lock N Load, Splitfire, anything SuperTech and SuperMaxx, and more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users