HOTH's Content

There have been 308 items by HOTH (Search limited from 28-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#261724 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HOTH on 13 January 2010 - 08:53 PM in Modifications

Doomsayer, Finally:

Posted Image
-
Posted Image
-
Posted Image

Perfectly Fabricated Doomsayer Spacer Template. More on this later
Posted Image

Airtech 2000, Awaiting some Mcnumbers Spacers:

Posted Image
-
Posted Image

Angel Breech:

Posted Image
-
Posted Image

More to come.

#261594 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HOTH on 12 January 2010 - 04:08 PM in Modifications

RSCB PAS
Posted Image

Posted Image

Breech-Loading RSCB Clip:
Posted Image

-

Posted Image

RSCB Big Blast
Posted Image

Same Style RSCB:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Both of these guns can shoot straight through my ERTL RFS Box at 60 feet away, and get ranges of 105+ on the first shot, with about a 7 foot range drop to the last shot, due to the deadspace.

Doomsayer:

Posted Image

-

Posted Image

#325506 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HOTH on 20 January 2013 - 06:44 AM in Modifications

Worked on a Rayven. Mods done:

--Replaced the AA's (1.5 volts each x4) with a 9v battery harness
--Toggle on/off switch added, replacing the rev up switch
--All resistors removed (9v direct to the motors, wired in parallel)

Posted Image

---

Posted Image

--

Posted Image

--

Posted Image

--

Posted Image

Quick demo:

http://s682.beta.photobucket.com/user/Charlietidmarsh96/media/Movieon1-20-13at301AM_zpsf7753dc8.mp4.html

#325196 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HOTH on 10 January 2013 - 02:29 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

[k26] in a polycarb tube spring housing

Posted Image

17/32 Brass breech, still accepts clips.

Posted Image

Replaced plunger tube, aluminum plunger rod

Posted Image

Replaced catch

Posted Image

It is currently primed up top, but that is getting kinda difficult

Posted Image

Hoping to switch things up

Posted Image

No paint job intended. Very practical blaster, ranges well over 80'. Works flawlessly with modded n-strike clips.

#269261 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HOTH on 15 March 2010 - 10:51 PM in Modifications

Doomsayer #3:

Posted Image

Angel Breeches:

Posted Image

Painted my PAS:

Posted Image
-
Posted Image
-
Posted Image

Replacement PT, for anything, really.

Posted Image

Rear-loading DTB Turret, PETG'd

Posted Image

Rear-loading 1500 turret beginnings. Yes, the washer is screwed up in the center.

Posted Image

Speedloader project. This will be tiring, but worth it and will come with a write-up upon completion.

Posted Image

Thats all for now.

#269468 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HOTH on 17 March 2010 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

Finished my rear-loading 1500 turret. Can't wait to put it to use this Saturday at Baff 6.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#259819 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HOTH on 26 December 2009 - 03:18 PM in Modifications

Some of my current WIP'S:

I got this sneakshot from Blue at BAFF 2. He had already couplered the PT and installed a pump. I went ahead and PETG'd the PT and rigged a couplered 2k tank up to the pump. Sorry, no pics of the sneakshot's PT/Internals. Still need to integrate the tank into the front grip.

Posted Image

Overhauled Big Bad Bow. At2k integration, plunger head replacement, dead-space removal, universal cpvc/pvc coupler. I will use a brass breech with this, when completed.

Posted Image

PETG'D Stormfire. 4 inch PETG barrel. Still needs a new o-ring, e-taped plunger head, and some lube. Otherwise, it is good to go.
Posted Image

#259447 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by HOTH on 20 December 2009 - 09:05 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Spitfire with 6 inch 9/16 brass barrels.
Posted Image

Old Style Supermaxx 1500. 12inch PETG Barrels, plugged pump. 100+ ranges with 4 pumps. This one was recently traded to Dragon216, but I have 2 more awaiting barrel spacers.
Posted Image

PETG Barrel Lock n' Load. PVC Sheath. Great sidearm.
Posted Image

Nitefinder replacement plunger tube. Made out of 1' PETG along with a CPVC coupler hammered into a PVC coupler. I use a 12 inch PETG Barrel, nested in PVC, with this gun, and I am very happy with it. Currently out of the shell for some touch-up work on the internals.

Posted Image

PETG Barrel Dart Tag Blaster. Pretty Good

More to come!!!!

Also, can someone please help me re-size my pictures? Thanks all.

#243978 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 03:56 AM in Modifications

Muwahaha. Excellent. I have begun my crusade for a primary weapon, and the LS is well on its way to being that.

As a side note, I know that TIG did a mod so that the LS's clip would accept Stefans in a friendly manner, but is there any way to make it so that both gun and clip accept stock taggers?

If not, is there any particular recommended method of modifying taggers so that they fit?

Sorry about the swift inquiry, but I have a birthday party on Sunday, and I desperately need to mod my LS so that it can beat the crap out of the competition. Expect to see me at several SoCal Nerf-Offs. :w00t:

Thank you, Sir Piney, for the gift of this thread. *Boweth*

First post, by the way. Expect to see more, and hello all.

I shall become the modificationator. I have ambitious plans for making some truly BAMF guns. ^_^

for your tagged inquiry, try galaxy's cpvc' mod ( look for it in the directory) but replace every cpvc' with PVC. might be worth a shot

#327495 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by HOTH on 02 March 2013 - 11:50 AM in Modifications

I can't wait to get some Li-Ion batteries.

What product are you planning on purchasing? Ultra fires?

#327354 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by HOTH on 26 February 2013 - 05:17 PM in Modifications

Could the flywheels simply be lightly sanded?

Seems risky to me. You really don't want to leave much to human inaccuracy when dealing with the flywheels. It is important that they are balanced.

I am posting a writeup later tonight probably which has an interesting take on the slick flywheels.

#327695 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by HOTH on 06 March 2013 - 11:55 AM in Modifications

Not having done any testing, but slugs probably wouldn't work since the flywheel needs to compress the dart slightly. The metal washers in slugs would prevent that from happening.

This.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with using stock elites with these flywheel blasters. If they are too light, hot glue a weight down in the head.

#327294 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by HOTH on 24 February 2013 - 10:13 PM in Modifications

Anyone have any of their own performance results to report on? You guys bought up over 60 of these things. Someone's gotta have something to say about it.

I will have an extensive writeup involving these motors completed and posted for the Mod Contest by Tuesday. I can record a bunch of different stats in my testing when everything is up and running. There are some neat intricacies to the mod, as well.

#327651 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by HOTH on 05 March 2013 - 10:57 AM in Modifications

I have not run the motors for longer than 15 seconds with three or four UltraFires out of fear of destroying them so I can't confirm how long it takes to fry them.

I have about 12 of these motors, and I am willing to test the time it takes for them to burn out while receiving current at 12 and 16 volts. I will post a video on this thread with that test later
tonight, assuming my ulrafires arrive today.

#327742 Coop's Stryfe Modification Write-Up

Posted by HOTH on 07 March 2013 - 01:53 AM in Modifications

I have tried numerous motor replacements and have tried to find ways to increase traction on the flywheels, but I am not satisfied with anything to the point of adding it to this tutorial.

Even the solarbotics RM2's? I was under the impression that people were getting great results with those things.

#327765 Coop's Stryfe Modification Write-Up

Posted by HOTH on 07 March 2013 - 02:16 PM in Modifications

Have you considered having the dart pass through both flywheels for better range? Or would that just might make it fish-tale even more? You could just run a barrel from flywheel to flywheel. But like I said, it might make it fish-tale more.... And I love the idea of integrating a LED to make the darts glow. That method could be used in a Vigolon or Diatron, (Or other Vortex Blasters), to make glow disks glow in those.

Well, I have done the dual flywheel idea. It works very well.
Here are some teaser pictures. A write up for this is coming tomorrow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can understand why you may feel that this provides no foreseeable advantage. What truly gives this method power is acceleration. The motors are wired in series, with the second set first. This means batteries are used up at a slower rate and that the first set moves slightly slower. The dart accelerates though the barrel.

I have not experienced fish tailing, and vastly outperforms my other stryfe with one set of the same motors.

#243976 My Pump Action Longshot

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 03:48 AM in Modifications

Very nice and clean. I can imagine, for me atleast, the foregrip would be very comfy and easy. Nice mod

#260851 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by HOTH on 05 January 2010 - 09:31 PM in General Nerf

Props to the first crazy sunuvabitch who angel breeches this monster.

#266820 Pvc Nerf Gun Rack I Made

Posted by HOTH on 24 February 2010 - 11:46 PM in General Nerf

That is very cool. Very cool. I do like my trusty peg boards, though. Also, sexy first post man.

#243962 Cpvc Longshot

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 01:20 AM in Modifications

I really like cpvc'd longshots, especially yours. I am in the process of modding one of my longshots, and was planning on galaxy's cpvd'd LS, but now I might rethink ^_^

#266407 Deploy Cs-6 Overhaul

Posted by HOTH on 21 February 2010 - 11:07 PM in Modifications

Nice job with the breech. I am actually pretty surprised with the ranges without a powerstock. Keep going!

#267244 The Hamp (high Airflow Manual Plunger)

Posted by HOTH on 27 February 2010 - 05:34 PM in Homemades

That is fucking nice. Fully auto penetrating cardboard? Hot damn

#274134 The Overkill: This Is What Happens When A Titan And A Longshot Have Ch

Posted by HOTH on 05 May 2010 - 08:52 PM in Modifications

I cant stop laughing. I think this thing just blinded me.

#243794 Pretty And Removable Pump-action Recon Mod

Posted by HOTH on 25 July 2009 - 03:29 AM in Modifications

I was planing something like that as well, only I was going to do it more like Slug's LS foregrip. I think your idea is great though! It saves resources. Nice mod and write-up

#264220 Nerf Deploy Cs-6 - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by HOTH on 03 February 2010 - 03:08 AM in General Nerf

Thanks for this. I hate the internals with a burning passion, but thanks.

#261642 Berserker Fusion! Daikaiju!

Posted by HOTH on 12 January 2010 - 10:53 PM in Modifications

This gun is beautiful. I agree with Hipponater, in the sense that you could probably fit about 3 more rear-loading holes. Great job again.

#265162 Longstrike Internal Powerstock, Deadspace Filler And Basic Mods

Posted by HOTH on 12 February 2010 - 05:14 PM in Modifications

Ha, genius. Very very cool.

#268387 Pvat-piston Valve Air Tank

Posted by HOTH on 07 March 2010 - 07:09 PM in Homemades

Wow. Thats amazing. I love it.

#255798 Recon Cs-6 And Ertl Rapid Fire Shot Gun Mod

Posted by HOTH on 09 November 2009 - 07:16 PM in Modifications

That is very clean and it looks extremely functional. Props. Mad props. How does the size/weight compare to a standard blaster? and, 75 is pretty good for a recon's brass breech, isn't it? Generally, recon's angel breeches are pretty poor, correct? Awesome job, again.

#270142 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by HOTH on 23 March 2010 - 09:50 PM in Modifications

Before the paint, I was scared of the exposed putty, but after, it is so totally eye diddle staus. Nice work.

#265287 The Tornadobow

Posted by HOTH on 13 February 2010 - 09:26 PM in Homemades

Brilliant. The guns are insanely comfortable. Quite a primary.

#327197 2013 New Releases Mod Contest

Posted by HOTH on 22 February 2013 - 05:37 PM in News

Last few clarification questions.

Is the price of blasters or materials considered in their respective availabilities?

Where does a soldering gun stand in terms of availability?

#327086 2013 New Releases Mod Contest

Posted by HOTH on 20 February 2013 - 03:50 PM in News

I am going to assume, the only Elite blasters excluded will be the Retaliator, Rampage and Hailfire since those came out in Sept. 2012, but everything else (despite when found) I believe has a release date of 2013.

I think this is correct. Important to note that the N-Strike Rayven was released in 2012, but the Elite Rayven was released in 2013.
Langley- Seeing as two versions of this blaster were released in different years, does it matter which one we use? To my knowledge, the only difference is color. I only ask because I have a few of the N-Strike versions already, but none of the Elite versions.

Refer to this disambiguation page to ensure their release dates.

Also, some of the parts in my speculated writeup are not often used by nerfers, and may be obscure to some people. However, I will provide a link to purchase the parts easily online within the writeup. Does this satisfy rule 4,

The write-up must be reproducible. All parts and materials must be widely available and tools used must be common to most nerfers.

or will I lose some points?
The writeup will be thorough enough so that someone new to modding will be able to understand exactly what to do with the parts.

#271173 Brass Breached Longstrike

Posted by HOTH on 03 April 2010 - 02:15 AM in Modifications

Nice. Looks easier than I expected.

#243969 The 'real' Longshot [cpvc Coupler]

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 01:47 AM in Modifications

My personal favorite LS mod. Congrats and props. Working on this at the moment. Just to clarify, the piece of cpvc inserted into the chamber is only used to stabilize the coupler, then is removed after the coupler is glued on firmly? Am I correct on that assumption?

#243964 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 01:28 AM in Modifications

That is pure sex. Keep up the good work man

#261465 Smith & Wesson 1911 Style Foam Dart Gun

Posted by HOTH on 11 January 2010 - 01:20 AM in Modifications

Nice, when I first saw the gun I was hoping that you would paint it something vibrant...

#243967 Ls Front Gun Mod

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 01:40 AM in Modifications

very, very cool way to replace the barrel. Bit of a strong trigger pull there, eh' mate?

#278278 At3k Powered Longstrike

Posted by HOTH on 22 June 2010 - 01:35 PM in Modifications

I thought it was great. The idea isn't new, but I like that you tried it, and it's a great mod.

#243955 Lanard Sawed-off Handcannon

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 12:55 AM in General Nerf

Springer, I assume?

wouldn't one assume so? due to the spring in the pics...