Kronos Nerf Mods's Content

There have been 102 items by Kronos Nerf Mods (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#340942 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 03 August 2014 - 10:32 AM in Nerf Wars

Awesome war. Surpassed all my expectations for how great I have heard Apoc is. Thanks to the hosts, and everyone who attended.
If anyone has war footage, I'd be more than happy to edit it into a video for the Collaboration Channel. Shoot me a PM.
Thanks again guys, hopefully I can make next years.

#331137 Epoxy Resin Cast Blaster Parts!

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 22 June 2013 - 08:52 AM in Modifications

I have to say that this is big. I would never attempt to make a trigger on a printer as it would probably break, especially one for a pas. Anyway, great job sg!
USER WAS LIGHTLY ADMONISHED FOR THIS POST

#329204 DIY Dummy AA Batteries

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 30 April 2013 - 08:55 PM in Modifications

What is the metal part made out of? It looks like dimes.

Well the wire is metal, and the actual battery shape is 3D printed. No metal, No dimes.

#329201 DIY Dummy AA Batteries

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 30 April 2013 - 05:00 PM in Modifications

Figured I would just throw this out there:

Posted Image

Posted Image

They are pretty ugly, but have very little resistance, as they conduct the electricity with normal wire.

#330251 Digital Designs Directory - for 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC, etc.

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 25 May 2013 - 08:53 PM in Homemades

I don't understand how to make these Kronos

Well you need to have a means of manufacturing, such as a 3D printer.

#329867 Digital Designs Directory - for 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC, etc.

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 15 May 2013 - 04:02 PM in Homemades

Hey Guys, I felt like it would be a good idea to have a thread for 3D designs organized by their creators.

1) The File in at least two formats:
a. A format that can be directly used to create the design with the intended production type (ie: a .stl for 3D printing)
b. A format that can be edited by other designers: (ie cad .stp files, etc)
2)(Optional but recommended) An image or quick video of the design.
3) If the design has any previous threads, please provide those as well.
Just post your designs in the comments following a similar format.

(Side note to the mods, should someone else be running this? I rarely come on anymore.)

ALL DESIGNS COVERED BY A Noncommercial license

Download McMaster Models:
Instructable Link

My Designs (Kronos):

Wye w/ Dart Ramp, 35* Angle, no pvc Stub, Endstops, Reinforced:
First Iteration
Second Iteration
Third Iteration

photo+(2).jpg

Thingiverse Download

Wye w/ Dart Ramp, 35* Angle, pvc Stub:

IMG_2794.JPG

Download (stl)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KaneTheMediocre's designs:

Purple Catch + Handle:
Discussion Thread

Purple+Catch.jpg

Download

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roboman's designs:

Airtech 2000 (AT2K) Turret

Discussion Thread

rsz_roboman_2k_turret.jpg

Back of the Turret Download

Front of the Turret Download

Landru's Designs:

LF1 - Foam Dart Blaster

Discussion Thread

rsz_1rsz_405549_10102194130531714_935581

Thingiverse Download

MrMoneybags' Designs:

Nerf N-Strike Elite 6 Dart Clip

Discussion Thread

Hasbro_Mag_Pic_Moneybags.jpg

Download (Rar file including the .sldprt and .stl files)

Aeromech's Designs:

Google Drive for all tested products

Includes PCSR V2+, Pullback mk V, and ESLT upgrades

#344987 Digital Designs Directory - for 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC, etc.

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 13 February 2015 - 01:05 PM in Homemades

This instructable, which I did not write, explains how to get 3d models off of McMaster parts.

That's right, you can get 3d models off of McMaster parts, which you can then 3d print. That's a pretty big deal, at the least you can use them to check the correctness of your part order and you could conceivably use and/or modify the parts to print your design wholesale.

Added to the directory. Thanks!

#335268 Rifling in Nerf Guns

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 06 November 2013 - 10:21 PM in Darts and Barrels

Man I wish we could put this to bed. If the forum's "in house physicist" says it doesn't work and has practically written a book about the physics of nerf, it probably doesn't work.

With a real gun, or even a paintball gun, the projectile travels through grooves called rifling. The grooves create spin which help to stabilize the projectile in flight. In an n-strike (elite) blaster the rifling is little plastic ridges that impart little spin and therefore do little to increase stability.
The whole point of using a smooth barrel is that nerf darts of whatever variety expand to the barrel and make a near perfect seal. This is why stefan foam fits in brass, cpvc, polycarbonate, etc.
If you were to make grooves that were actually deep enough to constitute true rifling, you would have a horrible air seal, and the darts would rapidly decelerate due to friction with the barrel.

#328167 Magstrike Air Tank Mod Revisited

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 18 March 2013 - 08:09 PM in Modifications

You could attach a wye to the broken magstrike assuming you still had the internals, and then make a hopper that shot slugs from the magstrike.

#328541 3D printed Wye with a Gentler Slope and a Dart Ramp

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 04 April 2013 - 04:43 PM in Darts and Barrels

@ CaptainSlug: Sounds awesome, can't wait to see the results.

#327261 3D printed Wye with a Gentler Slope and a Dart Ramp

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 24 February 2013 - 03:53 PM in Darts and Barrels

I am going to respond to as many posts as possible in this single reply:

@Tangerle: I am going to do some more testing with different angles and different ramps...

@DartSlinger: I don't know if my design will feed streamlines or silicone domes, I need to do some more tests with a more powerful blaster.

@andtheherois: I am hoping that the unit price will be about $3 per like you said, but I will most likely be taking bulk orders, which would lower the cost per unit.

@azrael: Injection molding isn't expensive if you order enough, I am planning to buy about 500-1000.

@The2ndBluesBro: I am planning to make a profit, so yes I will be charging "some extra by selling them off".

Thank You all for the excellent feedback, I will try to respond to all of the questions I get in a timely manner.

#327253 3D printed Wye with a Gentler Slope and a Dart Ramp

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 24 February 2013 - 10:00 AM in Darts and Barrels

Hey Guys, this is my first post, so any general feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I would like some feedback on my redesign of the 1/2" PVC Wye.
I am planning to take the final design to a plastic injection molding company, and from all the general feedback I have gotten, the general verdict is that people want the wyes to be clear, have a direct connection to 1/2" PVC Couplers (see image below), and have better dart feeding because of a gentler slope and a dart ramp.

This is what my first iteration with the direct connection looked like:

Posted Image

I then went back to my design software and I shortened the wye (to save plastic) and set out to adjust the slope and to construct the dart ramp.
I demoed the new design in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dva1EPx36Co

Any questions or feedback would be great,
Thanks

#328580 3D printed Wye with a Gentler Slope and a Dart Ramp

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 05 April 2013 - 04:46 PM in Darts and Barrels

Looks great slug, can't wait to see how the final product turns out.
Anyway that you can send me a copy of the design that I could print on a 3D printer?

#327315 3D printed Wye with a Gentler Slope and a Dart Ramp

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 25 February 2013 - 04:32 PM in Darts and Barrels

Hey guys, I was unable to post until now as an FNG

@Shanaynay: I am looking long term, 500 would sell eventually, most likely after a year or two.

@DartSlinger: I am doing more revisions to the design, this was just a test, and the hole in the dart ramp will not act as a wall in the new design due to a funnel

@mysterio: Could you elaborate on deadspace? I am new to homemades.

@Bchamp22795: Yes the hole will go all the way through, and the hole will funnel in the air.

@Goldie: I can make other couplers, in fact I have been working on a design for a universal coupler that accepts 1/2" PVC and 1/2" CPVC; Thoughts?

Also can someone give me a brief list of commonly used stefans; I know about domes and slugs, but what other types, and what specific types of domes and slugs as well? I want to test as many as I can for reliability in the wye.
Thanks once again guys!

#327376 3D printed Wye with a Gentler Slope and a Dart Ramp

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 26 February 2013 - 09:50 PM in Darts and Barrels

@lech, It would require me to redo parts of the design, and I think that the design will be able to feed silicon tips, but I am not sure yet, and it should have an easier time with long darts.
I actually don't know what the printer is called off hand, it is my friends. I have my own, but it prints big things with less detail, whereas his prints small stuff with great detail.
Also I have been thinking about making a subscription system for my designs, no official plans yet though.....

#328658 3D printed Wye with a Gentler Slope and a Dart Ramp

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 09 April 2013 - 05:17 PM in Darts and Barrels

Or, since the overall goal is rapid-fire streamline dart capability, perhaps a new mag system could be designed using 3d printed parts and easy to get tubing? I've got a design floating around for a belt system that would be easy to produce given some 3d printed or cast parts.

What be the concept behind this belt system?

#328984 3D printed Wye with a Gentler Slope and a Dart Ramp

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 23 April 2013 - 08:32 PM in Darts and Barrels

My fear was the possibilty of double feeding slugs. Have you had any issues with that?

I have had it happen maybe once or twice, but that was because of the weird barrel I use which had very loose dart fit, and is simply too short. I honestly don't know what material it is. Just something random that I hammered into PVC.

#328979 3D printed Wye with a Gentler Slope and a Dart Ramp

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 23 April 2013 - 06:51 PM in Darts and Barrels

Thanks for making the video man, really appreciate it,
Still can't believe that its feeding elite darts. I had never tried, but I had always assumed that they wouldn't work.

#327334 3D printed Wye with a Gentler Slope and a Dart Ramp

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 25 February 2013 - 10:15 PM in Darts and Barrels

@dartslinger: Being a pleb would be great thanks!
Also the revisions should eliminate the deadspace.

@andtheherois: I have already eliminated most of the deadspace in the design.
Also the nub does raise a very important question. I will ask for a general consensus when/if I make another post.

#338421 Sex(Dwarf) up your spring!

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe.

#339396 Sex(Dwarf) up your spring!

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 06 June 2014 - 01:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm now a definite.
I'll be working on having a pistol for penetration, but I will probably need to borrow a primary.

#339438 Sex(Dwarf) up your spring!

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 09 June 2014 - 10:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Thanks for a great war everyone, and again to those who let me borrow their stuff.
Highlight of the day for me was the dick pump melee kill I got on JWasko.

#340032 Sex(Dwarf) up your spring!

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 04 July 2014 - 09:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Buffnerd finally cut the UCP Round Video so I could put it on youtube. The camera couldn't capture it all, but It's still pretty cool.

#332022 Front Page Update: July

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 17 July 2013 - 11:13 AM in News

Discussion Topic
Will the increased availability of 3D printing and modeling tools kickstart another homemades revolution in the NIC? - Submitted by Ice Nine

With the technology as it is now, 3D printing will get beaten by a lathe or a cnc in making homemade internals almost any day, and the issue with 3D printing is that the end result of a print is usually not strong enough (although I still haven't tried my polycarbonate filament). However, 3D printers still are a very powerful tool for prototyping a design.
By now I have printed about 30-40 prototype wyes, each with a small change to the design. If I would have had to make each one from a cnc or something, I would probably have gone insane.

The cost of printers is really the biggest thing holding back such a homemades revolution. Although some printers (albeit not great quality ones) are down in the $300-$400 range, which is much better than the $800-$1000+ that was necessary before. $300 is still a bit far off for most teenagers modifying nerf blasters in their basements, but the technology is definitely much more accessible now as schools are using printers as a way to teach kids.

I think a potential "revolution" is a bit far off, and would could really only happen when 3D printers are as common as inkjets, and maybe if pvc was somehow phased out. But as Langley said, I think there will be a huge uptick in those making replacement parts for stock blasters.

#336226 Nerf Roughcut Stripped Gear Fix

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 01 January 2014 - 11:49 AM in Modifications

Wow, this is a really great idea!
Have you seen any wear on the wire after repeated firing?

#336288 Nerf Roughcut Stripped Gear Fix

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 02 January 2014 - 10:53 PM in Modifications

Wohoa, interesting. I'm satisfied for now.

Whew that's good, if you hadn't satisfied exo, then you would have had to start the project all over from scratch.
All jokes aside, I will definitely have to try this if I break my rough cut.
One question though, I may have missed this in the post, but were you using an upgraded spring during the test? I know that is what usually breaks the gears, and I wonder if replacing a couple of the teeth would enable stronger springs.

#329653 EAT Giveaway

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 11 May 2013 - 10:41 AM in General Nerf

Wow me really want
The E.A.T. is just great
Ship me one right now

A haiku
Kronos

#333991 2013 JSPB Works

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 14 September 2013 - 08:39 AM in Homemades

Wow, this is awesome. If you every need anything printed, feel free to contact me, and I can see what I can do, although shipping might be expensive from the states to Taiwan.

#334580 Hell After Halloween ('Murika, Fuck Yeah)

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 07 October 2013 - 06:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in as a maybe, depending on where the war actually takes place, and also which weekend it occurs.
I assume there will be a poll later for the date, but the 16th and the 2nd work the best for me, and I almost definitely won't be able to come on the 9th.

#334687 Hell After Halloween ('Murika, Fuck Yeah)

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 11 October 2013 - 05:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Two of them did break. I hung the others in storage, for fear of snapping them as well.

Should I bring their sad corpses for identification?

No need, I trust you.

I will be buying one of your printed wyes as well.

Noted.

#334646 Hell After Halloween ('Murika, Fuck Yeah)

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 09 October 2013 - 08:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Have you weighed your dart heads by chance?

The reason I'm sticking with slugs has nothing to do with safety/pain. It comes down to standardization. If everyone is using slugs with the same washers and felt pads it levels the playing field, allowing a wider variety of blasters and playstyles. I could give a damn about being hit by glue domes, but domes give the user an unfair edge in accuracy and range over those that use slugs.

Slugs are the easiest to standardize and domes are far more difficult to judge. This is the reason I'd like to stick to slugs.

As a fan of glue domes, this actually makes sense. I'll be buying some felt pads.

Also, would anyone like to buy a wye at the war? I should be able to whip some up before then, but I would like to see what demand is like first.
Standard costs apply: $6.50 per wye, no shipping, they look like this:

Posted Image

#334882 Hell After Halloween ('Murika, Fuck Yeah)

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 17 October 2013 - 09:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Attendance updated. 14 definites already, this is fantastic. If some of the maybes can confirm in the next week or so we'll have quite the war.

You can now mark me as a definite.
As for wyes, I will just bring a bunch for people to use, and sell if they don't break after the war.

#335503 Hell After Halloween ('Murika, Fuck Yeah)

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 17 November 2013 - 10:35 AM in Nerf Wars

That was great. Hope we can do something like this in the spring.
In the meantime I will be modifying my wildfire.....

#334598 Hell After Halloween ('Murika, Fuck Yeah)

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 08 October 2013 - 08:29 AM in Nerf Wars

Kronos, If the war is here, I am going to highly recommend Armstrong, same as last war. It's our best park overall.

With the date now set in stone I am now a near definite maybe. I also second the use of Armstrong, mainly because I can't think of any other parks than Frick or schenly, which will definitely be in use. Armstrong is a great park anyways, especially because it has natural cover.

I am also wondering about dart restrictions, and I think we need to discuss, have a poll, or have one of the hosts make an executive decision. I know I personally would like to be able to use glue domes, but I understand that many don't like them, and prefer slugs.

#334664 Hell After Halloween ('Murika, Fuck Yeah)

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 10 October 2013 - 05:58 PM in Nerf Wars

I might buy one after the war.

No offense Kronos, but I'd like to see them go through a war before laying my money down. Again.

Sounds good, but speaking of which, did the others break? If so, I would be willing to bring some replacement wyes for the ones that broke.

I'll buy one. #YOLO

Great. I'll make sure to bring some.

#332940 Rapidstrike Buttstock Mod

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 12 August 2013 - 08:31 PM in Modifications

Cool. I just got one today. I will have to try this. Thanks!

#329554 Charger Blue Rampage

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 09 May 2013 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

You could use 3/4" PETG as it will be still clear, but won't have a tight fit

#329962 Charger Blue Rampage

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 18 May 2013 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

I actually really like how this looks, though I doubt that it has any functional improvements over a stock Rampage. That is, unless the PETG that you replaced the barrel with has a larger inner diameter. Then your ranges might improve a little bit.

He is using 3/4 in petg, which I think is about the same, although it might be a smidge bigger.

#337761 Joint youtube channel

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 27 March 2014 - 07:41 PM in General Nerf

Well I appear to be joining this conversation late. Guess that's what happens when you take a hiatus.
Anyways, I am definitely interested in this joint youtube channel. However, due to my ego-centric nature I would also want to run my own youtube channel like I am now, (albeit I don't upload much)
If you guys would be interested in a 3D printer segment, where I would show off custom parts I would be working on for projects I would be more than willing to do something like that when I have material available, and when I fix my current printer and or get my new one.

Also I'll be announcing this officially later, but the 3D Printed Wye project is going public, I'll go more in depth later, but the main reason is that I'm bored of wyes and I can't get the design to work effectively.

Edit: I would obviously be more than happy to promo the channel when it goes live. I have just passed around 400 subs, and I know it's not really that much, but I would like to help in any way I can.

#342721 Hell After Halloween II

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 06 November 2014 - 01:59 PM in Nerf Wars

My dad has a funeral for a distant relative Saturday, so I have no shot of making the trek out to Armstrong.
In theory I could make the next week, but I'll have to see.