Until I think of a better name.

2 replies to this topic

#1 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:08 AM

These are all the printed parts for the purple catch.

Posted Image

The trigger is printed in two mirror image pieces, which are glued together.

Posted Image

The same is true of the handle, which also needs to be glued together. There is support material and some sagging filament that needs to be removed as well. I didn't get a useable picture of the support material with this one, so it's pictured (above and below) in it's descrted form. This is a significant step, although I have created custom support material to drastically reduce the labor involved compared to the early versions.

Posted Image

The trigger slides against the slope of the hole in the catchplate. A spring goes in the 8mm hole beneath the catchplate cavity

Posted Image

Fully assembled, it looks like this:

Posted Image

This one was too "clicky" for my taste, which I improved by inserting a 4x folded paper shim spacer. It's folded underneath the trigger and held on with scotch tape. I think I can increase the width of the trigger to avoid this in the future

Posted Image

When it's actually used on a blaster, it will be cut to the size needed for that particular blaster. It can be adapted to catch on a +bow/rainbow style plunger rod cut (at least 2" bore and smaller), or a snap-style full-bore catchface (any size). The mounting holes on the side of the handle are used for attaching to the blaster with other 3d printed parts that vary depending on the blaster being produced.

A generic 1 1/4" PVC clamp was used on this PurplePAC, which I made with the purple catch in the writeup.
Posted Image

I also used a purple catch on the latest bullPACs. It uses two small plates to screw into the 3/4" PVC front frame tube.
Posted Image

This google drive interface is terrible and clumsy, but it has the .stl files needed. When I feel and unexpected breeze of motivation I will host these files elsewhere.
https://drive.google...V2M&usp=sharing

Also, I intend to do a version of this which can be cut out of plates, show how to do it, and then never do it again.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#2 Kronos Nerf Mods

Kronos Nerf Mods

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

I was excited for these, and now to have the design working is awesome!
I will add this to the designs directory later today, at the moment I don't have access to a device that can transfer files. (Mobile devices suck)
Wyes may take a while...:

My Youtube Channel

#3 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

I made one of Ryan's new extension spring blasters using one of the first Purple handles created. It has work reliably for nearly 300 shots, and it is much easier to install than a regular rainbow catch.
Posted Image

Edited by cheerios, 08 July 2013 - 03:16 PM.

22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users