When: Saturday June 7th, 2014 10A-?
Where: Armstrong Park, (Pittsburgh)
What to bring:
- Primary blaster, secondary blaster, backups in case something breaks. Bring all Ultimators, Maximizers, and ammo for each!
- Lunch (if you're the kind of person who eats at nerf wars)
- Cash/Blasters for sale/trade (If you are looking to purchase or sell something at this war, you may mention that in your RSVP post. Do not create extra posts for it, this is not a trading thread.
- Hydration (I will, as usual, try and bring a water jug, but anything above and beyond is your responsibility)
- Apparel - All Sex Dwarves in attendance should be in uniform, all attendees are encouraged to keep an eye on the weather and dress accordingly.
- Penetration - Bring your Ultimators out of their ceremonial velvet lined boxes and actually fire them! YAY! Maybe we'll even play Triple Penetration this time!
- Stock Ammo - JWasko mentioned interest in a stock ammo, or lightly modded round, and we'll be exploring this as a gametype. (Please plan on bringing an N-strike blaster with stock ammo if possible.)
- Freeze Tag - You know the drill.
- Other "normal" gametypes (3:15, 5:0, etc)
This event is open to those 13 and up, but there are specific requirements placed on that.
Those aged 13-16 must have their parent or guardian on the premises, and that guardian must be fully aware of the risks involved. (I will not take blame if your child takes a hard hit)
Those under the age of 18 are required to wear eye protections at all times during play. I strongly encourage, and likely will require something more than just normal eyeglasses (I was
hit in the glasses at Hb4H, and it chipped the lens. They are not sufficient protection.)
Those over the age of 18 are strongly encouraged to wear sufficient (see above) eye protection, but have the right to decline, and in doing so accept responsibility for any ocular harm
that should befall them.
Parents, please be aware that this event will be mixed age groups. While we make attempts to be courteous to younger players, they will not receive favoritism or special accommodations,
and are expected to display a modicum of maturity and responsibility while playing (i.e. following rules, playing safely, respecting other players/pedestrians as well as the venue, and so forth).
Standard Nerf etiquette applies. Pittsburgh traditionally plays by a code of "If it's not downright dangerous, it's ok".
This applies to both blasters and darts in our community. We do not tolerate flat black, or other realistically themed blasters, unsafe darts (read on), but most of all,
we do not tolerate unsafe play.
We've fired countless darts, mostly 1/4" slingshot weighted, with no major incidents or complaints, but I am not insensitive to the fact that somebody may have lost a parent or loved
one to this "dangerous" ammo, and am willing to hear arguments for making this a slugs-only war (full of self loathing and sub optimal performance).
We have limited lodging available, so it will be provided on a first come, first served basis, with a friendship/party constant applied. Otherwise, I will work on finding the best places
to stay in a hotel for cheap.
This is an open event, All who can attend, should. Pittsburgh wars are extremely rare, and even more fun. Come and take us on in our native homeland, if you dare. Please post any questions
related to this event either here, or feel free to direct them to my personal message box.
SublimeDom777 (Host) [*]
Gears [*] Special Surprise Guest[*]
Karpenter ( + SCN?)
Dom's (2-3) guests
Post-War-Dinner: Post war, we usually like to go and wreck a Chinese buffet. This is an open invite for all, and will be dependent on group desire
Post-Dinner-Shenanigans: For those who are 21+, and mostly those staying over, There will be drinking, Mario Kart 64, and fun times. Please let me know if you intend to attend, so I can make arrangements based on attendance.
Edited by sublimedom777, 01 June 2014 - 08:22 PM.