nerkum's Content

There have been 115 items by nerkum (Search limited from 04-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#302002 RADS-12 review and modding analysis

Posted by nerkum on 21 July 2011 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

I like it, but I don't see an easy way to make it rear loading. It is possible, I can see it being modded to work with a quadshot. Which would be really nice.

#299204 Marshmallow Mforcer

Posted by nerkum on 03 June 2011 - 12:25 AM in Modifications

To reattach the screw on turret cap I actually left a couple of barrels unattached, then screwed it on snug and reattached the barrels.

I never had to take those screws out, basically only the cover, front piece, and hose was modified. No need to play with the piston.

You do not need to worry about the hose unless you want to do more then 25ish pumps. Otherwise you will need to replace it.

#297311 LED stefans?

Posted by nerkum on 19 April 2011 - 01:39 PM in Darts and Barrels

The Lithium CR1025 battery is one of the smallest 3v batteries. It is a little bit heavier then a washer and when you add in the LED it does make it a tad heavy. Using a low power blaster probably won't hurt anyone, but the target cannot see the dart light, it is good for tracers. I have already done this, and cost is about 50 cents per dart to do this mod not counting foam. Plus the connection to the battery usually breaks when it hits.

#294798 My Nerf Salvofly

Posted by nerkum on 20 February 2011 - 10:57 PM in Modifications

Good job with the valve, looks like you are rocking it now.

#294323 The Semiauto Salvo

Posted by nerkum on 10 February 2011 - 08:06 PM in Modifications

Look into directional control valves. Clippard makes some good and cheap ones. They cut off and vent in the same motion, eliminating the need for several valves.

Just made a video of the Clippard Valve. I used the MAVO-3P in this video. It is a three way valve, normally open.

#293221 My Nerf Salvofly

Posted by nerkum on 21 January 2011 - 11:01 PM in Modifications

Well, I was going to order this... I saw that it shipped from cincinnati ohio, which I live 20 minutes (MAYBE) from. I then proceeded to make an order. They want 8.77 for shipping, and then they have a 10 dollar handling fee on top of that. That is just total BS. 10 dollars to put something in a padded envelope? 8.77 to ship something that is the size of 5 nickels stacked on top of each other down the street? RIDICULOUS.

Ordering from the Clippard site isn't the best choice. Oftentimes you can find the products on ebay or other sites with much more reasonable S+H. I got a regulator from them a while back, and it was actually from an industrial surplus site. So just look around and search for the item number, and it should show up eventually.

I am having no luck with this. Only the clippards site, and this thread come up under google. I tried searching under shopping, and there was nothing at all. Looks like I need to find another part that is a little cheaper.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from them at once so it wasn't so bad. If you like I can sell you one. Send me a PM and we can work out the details. But it shouldn't be more then 10 dollars shipped.

#293103 My Nerf Salvofly

Posted by nerkum on 19 January 2011 - 03:21 AM in Modifications

It would most likely replace both, meaning full semi-auto.

Most likely? Anyone have something more definite to say about this? I mean, if it does replace both, I'll buy one. I'm not even considering it until I get something more than a maybe though.

Yep it works. I will have to post of a video of it tomorrow.

#292851 My Nerf Salvofly

Posted by nerkum on 15 January 2011 - 04:26 AM in Modifications

You should use one of these, it is a normally passing valve. When you press the button it stops the air from the source and exhausts the air going out from it. They are perfect for backpressure tanks like the BS.

http://www.clippard....sp?sku=MAVO-3P#

The valve I linked is smaller in diameter then the Hornet blast button. That way it will be a true semi-auto.

How would this make it semi-auto? Wouldn't it work exactly like the hornet blast button?

When you push in the button is stops the air from the source, aka the air tank, then it vents the air that is going to the big salvo. So it acts like a blast valve, but stops the flow of air from your tank so you don't have air leaking out.

#292795 My Nerf Salvofly

Posted by nerkum on 14 January 2011 - 10:04 AM in Modifications

You should use one of these, it is a normally passing valve. When you press the button it stops the air from the source and exhausts the air going out from it. They are perfect for backpressure tanks like the BS.

http://www.clippard....sp?sku=MAVO-3P#

The valve I linked is smaller in diameter then the Hornet blast button. That way it will be a true semi-auto.

#287668 Rainbowpump

Posted by nerkum on 29 October 2010 - 08:36 PM in Homemades

Excellent job Ryan, your craftmanship is top notch as always. Are you going to use the Rainbow catch in a Pacbow in the future?

#287071 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by nerkum on 17 October 2010 - 12:58 PM in Modifications

Here is my recent mod. I picked up a 3k at the thrift store for $.50 and went ahead and overpowered it some following Ryan Mcnumbers 3k mod. Then I used Funky Foam to cover all the exposed internals and shell mods. I used a RF20 pump but had to replace the pump handle on it since the old one was worn out. The barrel material is a 9/16ths thinwall (.22) clear pvc, is 12", and it has a near perfect fit on stock nerf darts. At two pumps I am getting 100' and with three pumps it destroys darts.

Clear pump handle with custom foam handle grip.
Posted Image

A closeup of the Funky Foam covered internals.
Posted Image

The whole Shebang!
Posted Image

#286828 Market For Older, Classic Nerf?

Posted by nerkum on 11 October 2010 - 07:28 PM in General Nerf

I use dual ratchet blasts any time I get a chance. I guess it all boils down to what you want to use in a war.

#286825 Wincno 2

Posted by nerkum on 11 October 2010 - 07:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I won't be able to attend, I will be in Columbia on business. Sorry guys.

#286688 Wincno 2

Posted by nerkum on 08 October 2010 - 04:50 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm down for another war, nail down a date so I can make sure I will be in the country.

#285388 Crossbow With New Internals

Posted by nerkum on 14 September 2010 - 02:15 PM in Modifications

Damn nice work Louie, I will have to do this is my crossbow ever needs to be revamped. Also big props to Lucian for producing the template, I'm saving that to my nerf files.

#285343 Septembwar

Posted by nerkum on 12 September 2010 - 11:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks for the great war guys, we will have to do more!

Recaps:

+ Meeting everyone I have seen on the boards or chatted with IRC.
+ Getting a BAMF LS from Rogue.
+ Getting the Maverick kill.
+ Squeezing off a shot at poptart from slow reload crossbow, him rushing up saying "Barrel Tap?", me pulling my maverick out of my cargo pocket saying "No" while firing at him.
+ Chicken for letting me use his extra stefan clips.
+ Rogue's long distance shot on FC "clearing the breech".
+ Only played one round with Rogue on my team, but we held down the field with LS's.
+ Skinned my knee in the first pistol round, I haven't skinned my knees in decades... felt good to get out and have fun.
+ Teaming with Old Guy, he knows how to hang with teammates and get angles. Great wingman.
+ "Oh shit" Moment, when I shot Zaxby's right in the glasses from 30' with LS. (I think it was the edge or on the skin right next to the glasses).
+ Sitting in my AC'd car in between rounds when the temp went up, and then getting razzed by everyone when I came out. Awesome good times.
+ Getting a couple of nice long distance shots in the Guantlet round.
+ Chatting Nerf in between rounds. Some good insight on new ideas and general BS.
+ Getting to show off guns that people have never even touched before and letting them get a feel for them.
+ Dual Ratchet Blasts in the Vet Sandwich round. Didn't hit anyone, but I was a great distraction.
+ Testing out guns and getting ideas on how to improve their overall performance (especially when the heat hits).
+ Hot shower FTW!

Can't wait to hit up some more wars, may even start hosting them here in the ATL when I find a good park/location.

#285159 Septembwar

Posted by nerkum on 09 September 2010 - 01:28 PM in Nerf Wars

We could play a round where anyone dubbed a newbie gets teamed up with a vet (could be multiple newbies to each vet) and they newbie has unlimited lives with a 15 second count, but they then spawn from the vet. So it would be important for the vet to play conservitive and use his newbies for strikes against the other vets. Of course the vet would only have like a 3-15 or something like that.

#283540 White Castle Post Apoc

Posted by nerkum on 19 August 2010 - 08:59 PM in Off Topic

Nice win Crooked. You toasted that fool! Now we see if there is anyone in the states that can beat you.

#282860 Septembwar

Posted by nerkum on 11 August 2010 - 03:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I will add a AT2k to the Raffle list.

#280344 Septembwar

Posted by nerkum on 15 July 2010 - 04:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in, no maybes about it.

#277870 Lets Try This Again

Posted by nerkum on 16 June 2010 - 01:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I would be interested, put me down as a maybe and I will confirm when the date is set.

#277327 Talos

Posted by nerkum on 10 June 2010 - 10:46 AM in Modifications

I remember when you first started hunting for the Master Blaster. You said you were going to do something amazing with it, and you delivered.

That pump looks huge, How many pumps to fill just the at3k tanks?

#276565 Marshmallow Mforcer

Posted by nerkum on 01 June 2010 - 02:43 PM in Modifications

The slug darts have a real snug fit in the barrels, hence the popping up out of the barrel. I'm thinking of slightly extending the barrels and maybe trying brass to get that perfect fit. Thanks for the ideas. It is easy enough to swap the barrels out.

#276558 Marshmallow Mforcer

Posted by nerkum on 01 June 2010 - 01:24 PM in Modifications

Fixed the expandig hose with a hose from the SMDTG, the hose needs to hold pressure and still be flexable.

Ranges: 30-43' average 36'

Here is a video for your enjoyment:

Range Test

#276178 Marshmallow Mforcer

Posted by nerkum on 27 May 2010 - 03:05 PM in Modifications

wardrive: I think if I can get that hose replaced I can put more pressure into the gun. That will help my ranges for sure.

Zack the Mack: Right now I pump it around 30 times. I could easily do more, but that hose will pop if I go too high.

Video of how the Mforcer works

#276168 Marshmallow Mforcer

Posted by nerkum on 27 May 2010 - 12:37 PM in Modifications

Ambience 327: I think I can get a bit better range out of it with a few tweaks (lighter darts, stronger hose). Since this gun is so compact it is real easy to wield two of these.

Just Some Bob: That hose acts as an over pressure guage for the gun, since when it expands it pops off. So stock you can get about 20 pumps before it tries to pop off. I have gotten mine up to 35 pumps so far with no issue. I think with a solid pressure hose I can get up to 40-45 with no worries.

#276156 Marshmallow Mforcer

Posted by nerkum on 27 May 2010 - 09:39 AM in Modifications

A while back I seen these Marshmallow guns posted by Mr. BadWrench and decided to pick up a couple. It took me forever to get around to modding them, but finally… here are my results.

Start with this:

Posted Image

Open it up to see the internals.

Posted Image

First thing to do is glue this little hose down. It is weak and expands, so I super glued it down and coated it in plumber’s goop. Note: plumber’s goop does not stick to the hose plastic, so in the future I will be replacing this hose.

Posted Image

Next I took the front piece off and boiled it in hot water until the glue gave way, this allowed me to not have to cut the pump handle. Do not cut the pump handle as it goes all the way into the pump housing only leaving the little piece that is glued sticking out.

Posted Image

For my pump handle I used a piece of 3/4 PETG pipe and epoxy puttied it to the stock pump handle to extend it, then I added a foam rod butt cap (fishing rod building material) to the end to make it comfortable to pump.

Posted Image

For the barrels I cut off 2 inch sections of OMC PETG and then used a 5/8” brass tube as the attaching sleeve. The original barrels have a nice funnel pinch point on them that holds the darts great and gives it a popping noise when shot.

Posted Image

The turret uses magnets to align the rotation, but when pulling the trigger quickly these have a tendency to skip or not align up correctly. So I took some Foam sticker sheets and cut out two small pieces to create a friction point to slow down the barrel. This has cause that issue to disappear.

Posted Image

Next, put it all back together and go crazy with your 15 shot semi auto rear-loading pistol.

Posted Image

Ranges: 25-35 feet with 3/0 mod darts. I am sure I would get better range with single bb darts, but I don’t have any to test at the moment.

VIDEO

#275565 Hell Before Halloween #3 Videos

Posted by nerkum on 22 May 2010 - 01:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Looks like a blast. Its nice to see you still tearing it up with your doomsayer. I need to move up north so I can get in on this kinda nerf action.

#275362 Cfnf #4......summer Fl Nerfing At It's Best!

Posted by nerkum on 19 May 2010 - 11:02 PM in Nerf Wars

I will try and get a road trip together, its just a very long trip from Atlanta. So put me down as a maybe.

I would be happy to rent a van and pick up anyone along the way. From Atlanta, all the way down 75 into florida if enough people are interested. It would be on the day before the event, so we would also need a place to crash.

If you are interested and want to do a carpool, PM or post... Also if you have a place to crash.

Lets get our nerf on!

#257811 Winter Seno '09

Posted by nerkum on 02 December 2009 - 11:27 AM in Nerf Wars

Add me as a maybe. I won't know if I need to travel until right before christmas.

#257241 Inline Clip

Posted by nerkum on 25 November 2009 - 01:13 PM in Modifications

I have been playing around with the PETG you can get from Mcmaster, and had some great success in making many Barrel types out of it. The PETG has a 1/16" wall and is telescoping like brass. Since it is so thick I only use two sizes.

9245K25- Clear PETG Tube, 5/8" OD, 1/2" ID
9245K29- Clear PETG Tube, 3/4" OD, 5/8" ID

Inline Clip Barrel: These barrels work great on turrets so you can add two or three more darts in each barrel. It multiplies the number of shots you have. Take a length of 3/4" PETG (chamber barrel) and measure out enough to fit 2 or 3 of your best darts and add about 2-3 inches. Cut a length of 5/8" (fire barrel) and grind the edges of the inside of the barrel on one end. This will act as a funnel for darts when you point the Inline Clip down. Glue the 5/8" barrel inside the 3/4" barrel and attach to turret or breech system.
Inline clips have two parts to them. The chamber barrel and the fire barrel. In this case the inner diameter of my fire chamber is 1/2" and as you can see my darts have a snug airtight fit. My chamber barrel has a 5/8" inner diameter which allows higher air pressure to push around the dart as it tries to expand in the chamber barrel. Once the expanding air reaches the fire barrel it meets resistance from the dart that is partially in the fire barrel (and making an airtight seal). This causes the air to push the dart through the fire barrel. As you can see the last of the escaping air will cause the rest of the darts in the chamber barrel to move forward into fire position (though it helps to point the whole inline clip down to make sure the next dart is in fire position).

Here is an example of an Inline Clip Barrel firing.

Inline Clip with sliding Fire Barrel: One of the biggest problems with Inline Clips and RSCB's is after you take a couple of shots you now have a ton of dead space in your Chamber Barrel. Well with a simple redesign of my Fire Barrel I am now able to move my barrel to meet the next dart in the Chamber. This makes my last shot the most powerful, and keeps my range more consistent through all my shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx48W5M4VbY

RSCB with Deadspace Slider: Using a pushrod at the back of my RSCB allows me to push the darts forward and eliminate deadspace. The last dart fired has the most power. The chamber barrel is 15" long and holds 5 full sized nerf darts. I'm using an AT3k for power and as you see it maintains its power curve since there is less deadspace. In times of need you can leave the pushrod in and just use the breech at the front of the barrel to load a single dart, or you can open it up and put many darts in. This barrel will hold 5 Streamlines, 7x 2" stefans, or 10x 1.5" stefans. It can even use an AT2k for an air source.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nanZCKcmVQ8

I use the thick stuff from Mcmasters for my Inlines. They are really stout.

#256853 Big Lots "super Air Blaster"

Posted by nerkum on 20 November 2009 - 01:59 PM in Modifications

You'll quickly find that inline clips don't work at all with air guns.

Inline clips work wonderfully on my Big Salvo. Its the only mod I did to it and it has become my gun of choice.

Great find on this gun, I like the chamber setup.

#256852 Nerf Maverick Help

Posted by nerkum on 20 November 2009 - 01:33 PM in Modifications

The main problem I have with the Maverick is that the more you mod one, the faster it will break. Anyways, here is a write-up I did a while ago that details all the steps I did with my Maverick and links to the all the original mods I could find.

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=15684&hl=

#255958 Mforcer, Wanna See My Red Rocket?

Posted by nerkum on 11 November 2009 - 09:20 AM in Modifications

Nice find Badwrench, that gun has some serious potential. I would use it as a short range rush weapon.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

#249334 Fano

Posted by nerkum on 01 September 2009 - 02:47 PM in Nerf Wars

The Salvo is my favorite gun now. Hellcannon is sitting on the side. It just isn't as versatile.

Too bad you can't make it Jumpy. Keep us informed about October and I will see about making it down.

PS: Make a video of your Salvo. I want to be impressed!

#249259 Fano

Posted by nerkum on 31 August 2009 - 09:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Sounds like fun, count me in.

Can't wait to see what you are doing with a big salvo jumpy.

#244804 What I've Been Working On

Posted by nerkum on 30 July 2009 - 10:51 PM in Off Topic

I'm a huge fan of the electric bikes. You did a great conversion CS.

Have you seen some of the electric bike stuff that is coming out of Austraila? With a small Lithium pack and brushless hub motors they can get speeds up to 50mph with about a 40 mile range. The battery is small enough (about a 12 pack of soda) that you can take it inside with you and charge it.

#241468 I'm Having Some Issues With My New Doomsayer...

Posted by nerkum on 11 July 2009 - 04:09 PM in General Nerf

The thing to remember with all turret guns, is that air pressure will always go the path of least resistance.

A dart that is too tight in the barrel (lots of twisting) may be a better seal then your turret to plunger. If that happens all your air pressure is going to blast out the back end of your barrel. If your dart does not have an airtight fit in your barrel (snug, twist tight, slides free but doesn't let air around it) the air pressure will escape around your dart in the barrel and the dart will barely move (this is where I got my idea to put an inline clip barrel on the Doomsayer).

Of course take pics/video of it if none of this information helps. It could be anything. My best guess would be that the rotation isn't fully happening when you cock the gun. So the plunger/turret seal isn't happening.

#240452 No Catching?

Posted by nerkum on 06 July 2009 - 04:04 PM in Modifications

You didn't reinforce the catch spring. The catch on the plunger rod has a slight slant to it, so when you increase spring power you have to make sure to reinforce the catch spring and sand the catch on the plunger rod flat.

If that isn't it, take pics. Otherwise it would be really hard to guess what it is.

#239039 The Actual Alabama War

Posted by nerkum on 28 June 2009 - 01:18 PM in Nerf Wars

You and Craig are good at killing that is for sure. Can't defend a flag though lol. We should get a couple of our best assult types together and form a clan, then challege the Mag 7.

I'm going to order a few more Big Salvos to play with them, I think they will be our southern advantage! Here is the theory, attach a tommy 20 turret (using your method of course) for 20 inline barrels (Jumpy was fitting 4 Stefans in my barrels) for an 80 shot with better range then my Hellcannon and shotgun ability. I smell a banned weapon, lol.