Double post for reacap......
HOLY HELL I'M TIRED!!
Well, it was a brutal day of Nerfing---100 degree heat, direct sun all day, and no rain. I had a great time--despite my disappointment in the "regulars". My Georgia Homeboys and "The new guys(Fl) were awesome!
+ FlyingChicken and OldGuy FTW!
+ No rain
+ New Nerfers!-----and the rocked! Ducky, Carakki, Oddball, and Bear were Great, and performed very good for their first war. Thanks guys!
+ Overall good sportsmanship
+ Nerfing again (duh)
+ IronHide and the Tbow putt'n it down fo realz
+ Salvos under the Tbow making TONS of kills
+ 3 barrel taps in 1 round by the Tbow....its that intimadating?
+ Using Ratchet (Deploy)
+ Effeminate pistol round duels with F.C
+ Watching OldGuy tear it up with just a NF.......again
+ Medic rounds were very fun
+ Wildcard rounds were hilarious-----Got ya F.C!!!!
+ Gunslinger rounds were also cool
+ Food afterwards with OldGuy and FlyChicken.......ah, food.
- 100 dang degrees!
- Massively swollen foam........fail.
- No Nurkum...or Zax-----you guys were missed
- No pinz---though he posted as a Definate
- Soggy and Hawk showing up at 1:00.......for 3 rounds----really?
- a few brief instances of dueschbaggery
- Blaster malfunctions throughout the ranks
- Lost LOTS of stefans
All in all this was fun----and the new guys exceeded my expectations---they really hung tuff, and contributed to fun factor of this event. I look forward to Nerfing with these guys more. As always, it was a GREAT time Nerfing with FlyingChicken and OldGuy-----thank you guys so much again, it was great to be on the field with you guys again........and I will be making a trip to GA in the near future. Pics and vid----post em if ya got em!
Recap from the perspective of someone brand-new to the war scene:
+ Meeting so many Nerfers with an interest in high-level modification; in my area, I'm the only one with a mod interest above AR removal.
+ Seeing so many new (to me) guns; we only became interested in Nerf recently, so we mostly see N-Strike and the BBB.
+ Awesome playing field. I know that five or six wars have been played there by now, but there's a pretty clear reason for that.
+ Having 11 people when everyone was there.
+ The weather. No rain, heat wasn't bad unless you were on the basketball court.
+ My mom coming through with snacks when our group was starving.
+ Having one camera (we were supposed to have two or three, but I failed to bring the memory stick).
+ Oddball won the clear Maverick in the raffle!
+ Finding nearly all of our darts afterward.
+ Learning a lot about Slugs and homemade darts in general. It turns out my darts don't suck as badly as I thought.
+ Bear got a free primary from Ultimate.
+ Flyingchicken being awesome and lending me his speedloader and later his BBB when I needed them.
+ Having my last-second dart-holding setup work unexpectedly well.
+ My eye protection did not skew my vision as previously expected.
- Having to leave earlier than I would have liked; I wish I could've played until night.
- No pizza. I was hoping for a pooling of resources to get a couple of pies, and when two and then three o'clock rolled by with no food, my stomach was making its distress well-known.
- BOTH of my guns pooping out on me (my Nitefinder stopped catching and my BBB's coupler came off).
- Not being able to bring my Longshot. It'll be there for the next war.
- Being almost two hours late.
* Playing so many gametypes; I loved Gunslinger and Wingman.
* Got some nice shots on people.
* Taking out Rogue and then taking down the VIP with a running one-handed BBB shot during one of the VIP rounds.
* Swarming Semperfi with Oddball and Ducky during an FFA.
* Ultimate just standing there while Bear and I shot at him during a Wingman round.
* Getting to try out a Gladiator round; next time, I want to test Freeze Tag and Headhunter.
* Trying to barrel-tap Oddball during the Pistol round that my Nitefinder failed and accidentally throwing the gun at him when I tripped.
All in all, it was an Effeminate first war, and I will definitely be at every war I can get to from now on. I should be next seeing you gents at Ultimate's UNBO next month, or at a war nearer to us that we may host.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!