Equilox's Content

There have been 89 items by Equilox (Search limited from 02-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#300734 New Nerf Guns

Posted by Equilox on 29 June 2011 - 01:04 AM in News

Never mind, I missed the shit about the new stuff, there is a video I ran across that shows the new vortex line, they appear to fire rubber discs, more accurately and with more power than I am used to seeing out of a disc gun. I am pretty psyched for some disc guns to come off the hasbro line

#285994 Kansas Nerf Off- "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Equilox on 24 September 2010 - 04:16 PM in Nerf Wars

If you want to I was gonna make some but I am really busy today with work and all. Make 'em if you don't mind

#285910 Kansas Nerf Off- "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Equilox on 23 September 2010 - 10:41 AM in Nerf Wars

Tornado: We can hook you up with something, make some darts

#285811 Kansas Nerf Off- "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Equilox on 21 September 2010 - 09:28 AM in Nerf Wars

Flags are gone/destroyed.

Ok I'll make some, also, I work at a coffee shop now, anyone want me to bring iced and/or hot coffee?

#285778 Kansas Nerf Off- "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Equilox on 20 September 2010 - 04:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be bringing a bunch of blasters if anyone needs to borrow one....like....around three extra.

Ok, if they are all great primaries, then awesome, we need three loaners, two for Ace's buddies, and one for one of mine. If not, the bbbb

#285770 Kansas Nerf Off- "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Equilox on 20 September 2010 - 09:59 AM in Nerf Wars

Okay one of two more updates,

Darts: Kieth and Ace are gonna cover that
Flags: Keith, do you still have that one flag?
Guns: Does anyone have a couple of spares? If not I can slap some bbbb's together.

#285086 Kansas Nerf Off- "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Equilox on 08 September 2010 - 02:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok can anyone commit to selling stefans? Homestar can't be here for sure and we would need some slingshot weighted as well as slug.

#284960 Kansas Nerf Off- "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Equilox on 06 September 2010 - 06:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Looking to jump start wars in Kansas again. The date is Negotiable.

WHEN: 9/25/10 (We may reschedule if nobody can come, but would like to avoid that.)
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (We would like to start promptly at 10 but I know some of you guys drive a distance to get there so I'm not to concerned)

WHERE: Blackbob Park in Olathe (The same place as last time)
I found a place further back in the park that is secluded so we won't get attention and, according to a friend of mine who is back there all the time, deserted even on nice days. Lots of trees and a creek with a wooden bridge and a land bridge.

WHAT TO BRING: A good attitude, a primary, stefans, water, and of course, your A game.

WHAT NOT TO BRING: Singled or plugged titans, Homemade airguns, RFDGs, Plugged 4B's/LBBs and other such guns.

DESCRIPTION:

Time to start up the fall season. I know some of the guys that I am furnishing with guns will not have darts, ( I buy darts as I hate smithing them.) we will need some people to volunteer to make some to sell at the war, slingshot and slug darts. If not, I'm sure we can find them somewhere on the NIC.

Confirmed:
Collective +1
Equilox
Kieth
Ace of Nerf +2
J max

Maybe:
Homestar
Little Dan
John
JD

#284439 Barricade Rev-10

Posted by Equilox on 31 August 2010 - 05:49 PM in General Nerf

Around where I live we have a ton of indoor wars, flywheel guns suck balls in an indoor war, period. They are loud, and when you are confined to a tight space quiet is key. Not to mention their jamming problems.

However, in an outdoor situation it has a semi-redeeming performance. All that having been said, from the sidearm perspective, I am not going to use a gun that takes 2-3 seconds to warm up. That kinda defeats the purpose of the sidearm.

Sad to see nerf stoop to buzzbee's level when it comes to auto and semi-auto guns. Hope this doesn't become the next shitty gun trend to come out of hasbro.

#269752 Kansas Nerf Off - "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Equilox on 20 March 2010 - 04:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Last update.

Keith: Flags? if not I will come up with something

Homestar: Core? can you bring one? If not I can make a bigger one.

#269035 Kansas Nerf Off - "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Equilox on 13 March 2010 - 05:42 PM in Nerf Wars

We have a location

Keith, can you bring those flags you made? And I know a lot of people will want to buy darts.

#268877 Kansas Nerf Off - "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Equilox on 11 March 2010 - 11:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok we are working on the location, if we can't find anything better it will be in the same place it was last time, the only downside is that we will be stuck with the big open field, the weather will be nice by then so there will be a lot of kids at the castle area. (That's normally a busy park)

Collective, I'd love to buy some darts from you if you can get around to making some, I know at least one, maybe two more will want to buy some as well. Are you up to it? If so put me down for fifty slug darts, I can't speak for the others.

Also, Although Homestar will probably be able to cover it, we may need one person to make a few slingshot stefans.

Will bump the topic when we have a location.

#267803 Hitler Finds Out About The Nerf Longstrike And Deploy

Posted by Equilox on 03 March 2010 - 01:19 PM in Off Topic

Oh man, I heard you were working on a video, but this was awesome. I even heard some of the jokes before I watched the video and it was still awesome. Great Job man :(

#267632 Kansas Nerf Off - "nerf Sum Igitur"

Posted by Equilox on 02 March 2010 - 06:25 PM in Nerf Wars

WHEN: 3/27/10 (We may reschedule if nobody can come, but would like to avoid that.)
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (We would like to start promptly at 10 but I know some of you guys drive a distance to get there so I'm not to concerned)

WHERE: Blackbob Park in Olathe (The same place as last time)
I found a place further back in the park that is secluded so we won't get attention and, according to a friend of mine who is back there all the time, deserted even on nice days. Lots of trees and a creek with a wooden bridge and a land bridge.

WHAT TO BRING: A good attitude, a primary, stefans, water, and of course, your A game.

WHAT NOT TO BRING: Singled or plugged titans, Homemade airguns, RFDGs, Plugged 4B's/LBBs and other such guns.

DESCRIPTION:

Time to start up the spring season. I know some of the guys that I am furnishing with guns will not have darts, ( I buy darts as I hate smithing them.) we will need some people to volunteer to make some to sell at the war, slingshot and slug darts. If not, I'm sure we can find them somewhere on the NIC.

Hey last update, outside of the normal team deathmatches, we will probably play a couple of humans vs zombies, and a DTC. We are also limiting the number of darts you can have in a drum mag for the raider in a HVZ round to 20 to avoid diddle. There is a McDonald's near the park for lunch but I will probably bring my own if anyone wants to stay at the site as well. Also, I still have a number of items left behind at the last war. If you want them be sure to get them from me, if they remain unclaimed I will either throw them out or find other outlets for them. (They have been in the trunk of my car since the last war).

Confirmed:
Equilox +2
Kieth
Collective+1
Homestar
Ace of Nerf
Little Dan

Maybe:
Griff360
Tornado 13
+2 more

#265437 2010 Toy Fair Video (nerf Booth)

Posted by Equilox on 14 February 2010 - 11:16 PM in General Nerf

Look at 6 seconds to the right of the raiders. Is that a pile of clips? or what?

Wouldn't surprise me if it was some sort of clip holder or something along those lines, but who knows.

#258767 Kansas End Of Year War

Posted by Equilox on 12 December 2009 - 07:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Effeminate war, it was great:

+Finally having a gun that lasted the whole war
+Zombie rounds, using a jungle gym/fort for cover
+Having my mask save me from 3 face shots
+surviving the cold all day

-Getting shot in the one inch of my face my mask doesn't protect
-Forgetting a change of socks
-not getting the coffee maker to work
-everything was soggy

Nice war, good job guys.

#258550 Kansas End Of Year War

Posted by Equilox on 09 December 2009 - 11:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok, sweet, I'll be there, and I'm bringing two people. A third might show up after 2 o'clock.

Homestar, where in the park is it? I might be able to bring a coffee maker and extension cord. (Someone else will have to bring coffee, I don't drink the stuff) that way we can warm up a little should it get too cold.

#257821 Kansas End Of Year War

Posted by Equilox on 02 December 2009 - 02:40 PM in Nerf Wars

I probably won't be able to make it to Topeka, the 12th should be ok for me. I might be able to bring two or three people with me.

@Kieth- Most of the places we do indoor wars at are at peoples houses, we have been looking for someplace else but to no avail.

@Homestar- Give me a call, I have a few ideas about where in Olathe we could do this.

#257384 Kansas End Of Year War

Posted by Equilox on 27 November 2009 - 01:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll see if I can be there, probably can make it, depending on the time I may be able to bring up to three people with me.

#257307 New Stefans

Posted by Equilox on 26 November 2009 - 12:50 PM in General Nerf

Here is an Idea, why not cut the sharp spike off of the tack, yes that would be like using a washer but if you really want to use thumb tacks this would take away part of the danger. Seriously though, you need to put felt over that.

#257173 Dart Weight Regulations/range Testing

Posted by Equilox on 24 November 2009 - 01:04 AM in Darts and Barrels

I agree with your range comments and you assume correctly when you say that I didn't recognize the midrange guns before.

I too could care less if I got shot at close range, but then again that is just me.

A quick note on the words here - you are equating not wanting to get hit (or hit others!) from painfully short distances with play styles; this is of course very far from the reality.

I can see your point, I guess it's just me that sees them as one concept.

#257170 Dart Weight Regulations/range Testing

Posted by Equilox on 24 November 2009 - 12:08 AM in Darts and Barrels

@Fallin:

1)On second thought you are right about the skin break, My bad I'll admit i was wrong.

2) I don't want to stop progress at all, the only guns I ever want to see banned are the Singled Titan and the Singled Plugged Big Blast ect. I was merely speaking to those in support of gun bans more so than dart bans. Never do I want to see the progress of homemades or powerful mod creativity to be hampered. I think that it is contradictory to the purpose of the hobby.
@Ice

Woah! did not mean to get personal. I know if we wanted to play paint ball we would be:

"I understand that we all have a right to Nerf as we please and this is a place that we can discuss our views"

I added this so people would know I am not telling them how to Nerf but merely presenting a secondary argument.

As a short range player, one WOULD think that the power creep would bother me. It doesn't, I think that if a Nerfer can out do me in distance, (Which is why I am a close range player, I do ROF mods better than distance mods) then he should be allowed his advantage just as I am allowed mine.

I said that overhauled at3k's were among the more powerful guns, I said more guns than the +bow. I mentioned it specifically because it is a hot topic of discussion, not because I think it is unfair. I LIKE THEM!! They add a different element to a war, I just don't like to use them. They are not my style. Keep them as powerful as you want. Bring it on in fact. All it means is that I have to be more creative in the way I play.

I didn't say that you had to back up, I was referring to those who want to charge at someone and then get pissed that they get shot at close range. What I meant was if you don't want to get shot at close range, stay away from those you don't want to get shot by. I understand that may mean the your opponent is out of range or your weapon but each is entitled to his own style of play.

"You can get any number of guns that rival the +bow in overall performance for a fraction of the price"

And as a side note, no where did I mention that only those with money own a +bow, I just said not everyone.

In short I see no real safety issues that are not equivocal to those seen in paintball, air soft, or other shooting related sports that say slingshot weighted darts are a danger to Nerfers. Please correct me if I am wrong, I don't want to step on any toes by not understanding.

#257158 Dart Weight Regulations/range Testing

Posted by Equilox on 23 November 2009 - 10:25 PM in Darts and Barrels

I've been watching this discussion on the Midwest Nerf site for a while. I'm one of the Nerfers who has loved the steady increase of the ranges of Nerf guns. The big appeal for Nerf where I live is that it is more accurate than Air soft and has less range than paint ball. There appear to be three things that people have problems with, I would like to present a counter argument for each.

1) Ranges: why would there be a problem with ranges? There are reasons I can see for people disliking increased ranges: pain at close range, many guns don't get the far ranges of the +bow or overhauled at3k, or they cant hit anyone at the far ranges that these guns fire at. You can stand further apart when you shoot, you don't have to be 50ft apart when you shoot. If you can't hit someone from that range either you can accept that or work to improve your aim. It appears we are working to address concerns about the +bow by decreasing the range of high powered Nerf Guns. If we are fighting to keep the +bow fair maybe we need to take a look at the +bow again.

2) Pain/safety: as I said before, you can stand further apart. If you choose to get in close you choose to accept the pain of getting shot. How many people here have played paint ball? The paint balls will leave bruises through sweatshirts and will make you bleed if it hits bare skin. Nerf even at point blank isn't that powerful.

3) The +bow: If all we are trying to do is make it so the +bow doesn't smear the competition, then we need to adjust the +bow not the darts. Not all of us like or have a +bow. I prefer weak close range guns as opposed to the sn!ping weapons we appear to be capping the rages of. I have no issues with the +bow, you wanna use it have fun with it.

I understand that we all have a right to Nerf as we please and this is a place that we can discuss our views. If you wanna ban the slingshot weighted darts that is your decision, I will allow all ammo types at my wars, if there are problems with safety then I will ban the guns not the darts. In summary:

I am opposed to any dart ban.

#256767 A Declaration To My Fellow Nerfers

Posted by Equilox on 19 November 2009 - 11:52 AM in Articles

I have never been very good at modding, and thus when I go to wars I end up borrowing someones gun after mine breaks (That is if it ever really works) and then running around getting shot at. I have to admit that on occasion I feel good about winning a round and then I brag about it to my Nerf buddies. But as a whole, my total lack of ability to shoot, "pwn", whatever the competition has taught me to just have fun with it. Take a few hits and laugh. Like I said, I have gotten a kick out of whipping up on someone, but only to turn around and have my butt kicked.

This game has always felt like a nerd's sport, that's why I like it. As with a pick-up game, it's hard not to get a little competitive at times. It's the moments when things get out of hand that it ceases to be fun. There is a major debate over the +bow among the Midwest nerfers, is it too good?( Now I'm NOT starting that here, I'm using it as and example.) Weather or not it rapes the compitition is not the issue, the issue is why does it matter. What compitition? This isn't a tournement nor is there anything to gain. Like any of us walk the streets proudly procailing nerf victories. We do this because we love it. For the love of the Game right?

As Talio said, I can't control you but I can control myself. I'm gonna work toward eliminating the competitive nature from myself at these wars and hope others will see it, and do the same.

#254306 How To Resurrect A Crossbow

Posted by Equilox on 22 October 2009 - 11:23 AM in Homemades

I am the second person to say this but this thing is amazing, great accuracy and distance. The stock is very comfortable. (He let me hold it once :P ) The weight it adds, as homestarune said, balances the gun. It really is a thing of beauty.

#254060 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by Equilox on 20 October 2009 - 12:45 PM in General Nerf

First, thank for all you do to protect this country. Second, this guy is offering to take most of the "nerds" out there and turn them and their playing strategy into something more tactic based. Who knows, this guy may crank out some nerfers who can and will blow the competition away.

He isn't trying to restructure Nerf, and frankly it is sad to see so many people bashing his idea when he was only asking if people wanted in on it. More power to you, go for it. The proof will be weather or not his crew performs at wars, not on the NIC.

#252203 Kansas Nerf Off

Posted by Equilox on 30 September 2009 - 02:48 PM in Nerf Wars

ok that means I most likely won't be able to come then, I'll see though.

#251558 Kansas Nerf Off

Posted by Equilox on 24 September 2009 - 07:55 PM in Nerf Wars

The 10th would be best for me. I'll have trouble making it any other date.

#249820 Longshot/raider

Posted by Equilox on 07 September 2009 - 09:52 AM in Modifications

Well once again you bring new meaning to the term overkill. Nice work, very clean.

#247365 Sofail Topeka War Recap Thread

Posted by Equilox on 17 August 2009 - 04:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Effeminate war, probably in the number one slot for me.

Pros:
+ The turnout was pretty good, got to meet some new people
+ Winning capture the flag variations for my team twice (Kudos Kieth on the flags.)
+ Homestarune had extra guns for me
+ There was shade, lots of it!
+ Effeminate Truck

Cons:

- I was halted by severe heat cramps
- Homestarune's Cross bow seemed to nail me every time (I may have been the only one shot by it?)
- My guns failed again except for my improved shotgun, it was perfect.
- Heat Baby!

The worst shot I sustained was to the palm, I was holding a pistol at the time, here is a pic of how much space was available,
Posted Image

It was worth the pain! Effeminate gun Homestarune!

Great war SOF guys, you missed out!

#245723 Ex-sof Kansas War!

Posted by Equilox on 05 August 2009 - 11:17 PM in Nerf Wars

So anyway, Equilox if you use PETG I will have thousands of darts that fit tight in that stuff.

If you want darts that fit CPVC I can sell you the ones I brought to abatton.

The CPVC ones would be great, use more of that than PETG. I liked the white ones you had too. (They may be one in the same I don't know. Like I said I hate dart smithing.)

Bring what you have and I'll by like 50-100 total for the war.

#245392 Oshkosh, By Gosh!

Posted by Equilox on 03 August 2009 - 11:30 PM in Off Topic

The main attraction isn't seriously some lame ass Airbus, is it?

Hardly a "lame ass airbus." It's the largest airliner in the world.

It's still just going to look like a lame ass Airbus. Unless it's flying dangerously low, it will be very hard to tell from something like a 737.

On the surface it does sound lame, however, I was there and that thing was HUGE, not only that but it also moved better than many aircraft half its size. And yes it did fly dangerously low. Not to mention the C-17, C-5, AWACK, A-10 Warthog, and a firefighter sky crane. Those were just a few of the things that were there.

The reason that the Airbus got so much attention was due to the fact the people showcasing it had a lot more money to blow on this event than other people did, and that the U.S. Government cared to spend.

In short, was totally worth the nights spent in a tent sharing an air-mattress, and weathering the thunderstorms last night. Had a lot of fun. Hope to go next year

#244720 Ex-sof Kansas War!

Posted by Equilox on 30 July 2009 - 02:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok I'll be there unless by some unknown force prevents me from comming. By the way I will need darts, I hate smithing and will want to buy some, like 100 preferably, Ace makes some and Homestarune makes some but I don't know if either will be selling. Anyway let me know on the darts otherwise I might be in some ammo trouble.

Oh yes for those of you who were at the Abbaton war that I attended, I've made a major upgrade to my Shotgun.

#244662 Oshkosh, By Gosh!

Posted by Equilox on 29 July 2009 - 11:45 PM in Off Topic

I'm leaving for Oshkosh tomorrow morning, I'll be camping the whole time, which I like.

#238426 Which One?

Posted by Equilox on 24 June 2009 - 04:25 PM in General Nerf

What I always go by as a general rule of thumb is, if it is a spring powered gun, use cpvc (namely 1/2"). If the gun is powered by an air tank such as the Big Blast, use pvc (again 1/2").

Stock Taggers will fit in 1/2" cpvc with a little twisting of the dart.It is a tight fit, and the head of the dart will not fit in the barrel. As other have said, most anything will fire out of 1/2" pvc, usually the barrel is loose enough around the dart to allow for front loading and letting the dart fall down the barrel but breeches are usually faster.

#233770 Abbaton Two, Kansas Nerf War

Posted by Equilox on 01 June 2009 - 12:56 PM in Nerf Wars

+Fun, the field size was perfect for the number of players.
+Meeting members of the NIC.
+My shotguns previously thought to be useless in an outdoor war are found to be quite useful.
+I managed to survive, and even mount a decent offensive with my night-finders.
+My mask saved me from the sting of a couple face shots.

-HOT!
-All the hot glue on the darts and guns melted. (Never use heat sensitive glues, they will fail in the summer.)
-My 90' BBB is inconsistent when fired quickly.
-I was killed with a pocket blaster.

This was a great war, lots of fun. It was well organized and supplied with refreshments.

#233045 Abbaton Two, Kansas Nerf War

Posted by Equilox on 28 May 2009 - 12:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in, I'll be there for sure.

#227990 Switchshot Ex-3

Posted by Equilox on 03 May 2009 - 08:06 PM in Modifications

With the stock spring, you do get the ranges he is claiming, I too can vouch for them.

Nice work, clean and too the point. (Although I would personally add a new spring. Maybe and Ace 49 spring cut to size, if the diameters are the same. Never looked at that before.)

#227536 Brit's Paint Tutorial

Posted by Equilox on 01 May 2009 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

I've always wanted to know what the best method for painting was, brushes or spray paint. Now I know, it is a mixture rather than the two separate. Nice work with the paint.

#227373 Nb-2k

Posted by Equilox on 30 April 2009 - 09:19 PM in Modifications

Way to go man! This is not only functional, but it easy on the eyes too. Kudos!