Kansas Nerf Off - "nerf Sum Igitur"

Kansas Nerf War

24 replies to this topic

#1 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

WHEN: 3/27/10 (We may reschedule if nobody can come, but would like to avoid that.)
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (We would like to start promptly at 10 but I know some of you guys drive a distance to get there so I'm not to concerned)

WHERE: Blackbob Park in Olathe (The same place as last time)
I found a place further back in the park that is secluded so we won't get attention and, according to a friend of mine who is back there all the time, deserted even on nice days. Lots of trees and a creek with a wooden bridge and a land bridge.

WHAT TO BRING: A good attitude, a primary, stefans, water, and of course, your A game.

WHAT NOT TO BRING: Singled or plugged titans, Homemade airguns, RFDGs, Plugged 4B's/LBBs and other such guns.

DESCRIPTION:

Time to start up the spring season. I know some of the guys that I am furnishing with guns will not have darts, ( I buy darts as I hate smithing them.) we will need some people to volunteer to make some to sell at the war, slingshot and slug darts. If not, I'm sure we can find them somewhere on the NIC.

Hey last update, outside of the normal team deathmatches, we will probably play a couple of humans vs zombies, and a DTC. We are also limiting the number of darts you can have in a drum mag for the raider in a HVZ round to 20 to avoid diddle. There is a McDonald's near the park for lunch but I will probably bring my own if anyone wants to stay at the site as well. Also, I still have a number of items left behind at the last war. If you want them be sure to get them from me, if they remain unclaimed I will either throw them out or find other outlets for them. (They have been in the trunk of my car since the last war).

Confirmed:
Equilox +2
Kieth
Collective+1
Homestar
Ace of Nerf
Little Dan

Maybe:
Griff360
Tornado 13
+2 more

Edited by Equilox, 20 March 2010 - 04:23 PM.

"In my Zombie plan I use my arsenal of foam to fend of the hoards of the undead as I make my way to Canada....... good luck to you Simmons."

#2 ace of nerf

ace of nerf

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:44 PM

Please make it topeka. And please move the date to the 20th, that's spring break for me. I'll sell slug darts if these changes are made. :P I feel so in power... muahahahaha
Kid Flash "I mainly wanted the balls."

#3 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:33 PM

Edit: I'll be there.

Edited by Homestarune, 14 March 2010 - 02:51 PM.

We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#4 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:58 PM

I'll probably be there.

Where's Google, Kansas? lol

#5 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

Topeka changed its name to Google for the month of march to try to win the Google fiber optic network they want to install.

#6 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:48 PM

I'd be down for this. I'll see what my homies are doing that weekend.
"A lot" is two words.

#7 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:19 AM

Okay, so the wars are combined, yay! I'll come up for sure. It's definitely the 27th? Definite location?
By the way, it'd be awesome if they put fiber optic internet in Topeka, it's supposed to be extremely fast.

#8 Griff360

Griff360

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:26 PM

I think I can make this one! Put me down as a probably

#9 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:03 PM

Ok we are working on the location, if we can't find anything better it will be in the same place it was last time, the only downside is that we will be stuck with the big open field, the weather will be nice by then so there will be a lot of kids at the castle area. (That's normally a busy park)

Collective, I'd love to buy some darts from you if you can get around to making some, I know at least one, maybe two more will want to buy some as well. Are you up to it? If so put me down for fifty slug darts, I can't speak for the others.

Also, Although Homestar will probably be able to cover it, we may need one person to make a few slingshot stefans.

Will bump the topic when we have a location.
"In my Zombie plan I use my arsenal of foam to fend of the hoards of the undead as I make my way to Canada....... good luck to you Simmons."

#10 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

I'm afraid I used all my foam, washers and felt on the darts I have now. You can use mine if you want, but I won't be able to make any more. I've been meaning to by some more foam from swiftnerf, but I heard he has a new batch now that's a little bit bigger so I don't know what I'm going to do.

Also, it looks like I'll only have one other person with me this time.
"A lot" is two words.

#11 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

Hmmm, I guess I could sell some of my stefans, I made about 475 recently. Slingshot weights/hot glue and they fit CPVC, some tighter than others.

I'll probably bring a few blasters to sell too.

Collective, ride together? We could probably borrow my dad's Dodge Durango with GPS and K-Tag.

Edit: Here's what I have for sale. I don't want to bother with packing it and taking up room in the truck unless someone's gonna buy it, so let me know and I'll bring it along. All are stock unless otherwise noted.

36-pack Streamline darts, new in package
100-pack Streamline darts, new in package
Raider
Raider drum magazine
Firefly
SM3K - blue
Recon, with or without all the attachments.
Dart Tag Blaster - blue - air restrictors removed
New-in-box Pistolsplat -orange & yellow chalk version
Knock-off Over Under - blue and green
First Shot
First Shot -CPVC coupler
Crossfire - red
Crossfire - blue
x4 Tec-6 - 3 are black/green, other is yellow/green
Toy Quest Air Splitter (knock-off Tec-6)
Tec-4
Hover Blaster
x2 Atom Blaster (ZOMG DUEL WHEELED!!!!1!!)
X3 Reactor

Edited by Keith, 12 March 2010 - 05:26 PM.

#12 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

We have a location

Keith, can you bring those flags you made? And I know a lot of people will want to buy darts.

#13 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

My dad messed up my flags B) I could probably figure something else out.

#14 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:56 AM

Hey guys, put me down as a maybe.

#15 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

I'll be making a few extra darts for Equilox and his group. By the way, at what time on Saturday is this going to happen?
We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#16 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

Last update.

Keith: Flags? if not I will come up with something

Homestar: Core? can you bring one? If not I can make a bigger one.

#17 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:15 AM

I can bring 1 flag, but not 2.

#18 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:51 PM

Hey guys. Sorry, but they need me at work on Saturday so I won't be able to make it this time. Have fun though.
"A lot" is two words.

#19 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:32 AM

Hey guys. Sorry, but they need me at work on Saturday so I won't be able to make it this time. Have fun though.

On a similar note, I can't get off work until 10:30. I'll be there around 11:00 with Little Dan in tow. Sorry to hear you can't make this one Collective.

Edited by Homestarune, 25 March 2010 - 09:32 AM.

#20 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:32 AM

Hey guys bad news, just like the last war I will not be able to attend, sadly. I know this sounds even nerdier than playing with toy guns, but i have a math competition i need to attend this saturday morning and afternoon.

Sorry I cant make it, but to make up for it (and because i want to) i will host another war prolly right after school is out, which for myself and Ace, is May 27. If you can ahead of time, just try to make sure the weekends following maybe are clear.

So yah, cant make it, im a nerd, see you soon.

#21 Griff360

Griff360

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:34 PM

Hey guys, good news! I'll be there for sure now, got my guns in working order and am smithing darts as I type. I can't wait to meet you guys and have some fun!

#22 ace of nerf

ace of nerf

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:33 PM

False alarm, I can't make it.

Science competition next weekend and my dad says I have to study.

Edited by ace of nerf, 26 March 2010 - 10:41 PM.

Kid Flash "I mainly wanted the balls."

#23 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:27 AM

I'm not too sure I'm down to make the drive with a 70% chance of rain <_<
My apologies if I don't show up. I'll see what it looks like in the morning.

#24 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:49 AM

War was fantastic, will update post with picture once Equilox sends them to me.

Edited by Homestarune, 27 March 2010 - 07:38 PM.

#25 Keith

Keith

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

Sorry I didn't make it, guys. How was the weather? From the radar it looked like you got rained on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users