Credit goes to Split for discovering the replacement plunger tube.
This was what I bought. I had fun screwing around with shooting megas at my bedroom wall. The novelty of that however got old really quickly. Hey, it was marked as “heavily modified” so it couldn’t be a total loss, could it?
No surprise there, I suppose I just wasn’t awesome enough to realize what “heavy mods” had been skillfully preformed on this. My mortal eyes can only see a level 2 modification. That’s probably being generous all things considered.
I immediately set to work and cut some aluminum and steel to reinforce the internals. (these have long since been re-worked)
After that, I got to work creating a CPVC coupler inside the gun. I don’t have any pictures of that fully assembled. You’re not missing anything out on anything, you’ve all seen plenty of mediocre crossbows. I managed to get about of 70’ out of this. Needless to say, I wasn’t satisfied with this. A complete rework would be required to make it satisfactory. There was of course the problem of the stock. One of the best things about the crossbow is its comfort and ease of use.
From the moment I saw this gun online I wanted to see if an effective and comfortable stock could be created. So I decided on a method that to my knowledge had never been used before.
I wanted to see if it could actually be done. I also had a lot of free time and I was bored. Some people thought that I was crazy. I looked at a bunch of pictures online and broke out the pencils and curves. So began my four day project to create a wooden stock
I cut out the area that I had traced around.
Next, I traced out the area for the plunger rod and handle.
I then cut that area out as well.
Here’s a picture of the pieces that I had made beforehand to attach the stock to the gun.
I then used a router to make the necessary grooves for the plunger handle.
I then marked out what parts needed to be cut in order for them to be attached.
Things were beginning to come together.
And the other side.
I decided to trim things down for more aesthetic appeal, not that it was ever possible in the first place.
It was time to make the second half. I traced the mirror image of the first stock onto the block of wood
Edited by Homestarune, 21 October 2009 - 02:09 PM.