Renegade's Content

There have been 408 items by Renegade (Search limited from 18-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#127308 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Renegade on 25 October 2007 - 01:26 PM in News

Wait, so why is everyone saying it'll have ranges like a Maverick? Isn't the blue arm that comes out when cocked back the plunger rod? This would mean it'd act the same way as a NF, LS, etc.

Posted Image

#126752 Nerf Dart Collision

Posted by Renegade on 20 October 2007 - 04:08 PM in General Nerf

If you have nerfed as much as I have, you've seen this a couple times. Still awesome whenever it happens though. Usually we stop nerfing and talk about how awesome it was for a while.

#124212 Extended Rfr/clip Tek Clip?

Posted by Renegade on 26 September 2007 - 06:31 PM in Modifications

The rfr magazine uses a simple spring to push the shells up, so extending it would be pretty simple.

#123085 Psp Homebrew Help

Posted by Renegade on 15 September 2007 - 02:22 PM in Off Topic

It might be problems with your firmware version. I have 1.50 and have had it since a few weeks after launch. Most homebrew readme files should say what version it was made for. I's search websites such as http://pspupdates.qj.net/ for more help.

#121339 Yay I Got A Wii

Posted by Renegade on 27 August 2007 - 09:08 PM in Off Topic

Just a quick question for the admins, what are you going to do come 2033 if this site is still active. This place is going to go to hell come 2033.

OMFG ur sooooo funny!!! OH NOES, it's 2033!!!

What, you're serious? They will be 40 years old and probably will have gotten over being retarded on my forum.

I'd be more concerned about the sites that only mute idiots for a few days.

#120822 Battlegarden Flash Game

Posted by Renegade on 22 August 2007 - 07:20 PM in Off Topic

It probably reminds you of it since 3DBBQ made it also.

#120324 Disk Shot Mod (advanced)

Posted by Renegade on 18 August 2007 - 07:00 PM in Modifications

Since the plunger head is stock, I don't have to worry about darts getting sucked down. I just blow the dart down the barrel before cocking the gun.

#120314 Disk Shot Mod (advanced)

Posted by Renegade on 18 August 2007 - 05:37 PM in Modifications

1.Looks good! I've always thought CPVC was better for springers, as the friction lets pressure build.

2.Also, unless I'm mistaken, what you are calling the 'main air restrictor' is actually the plunger stop...it doesn't restrict airflow. What is the plunger slamming against now, the stub of your barrel?

3.I am a little curious, though...what makes this an advanced mod? It's not even a spring replacement... :huh:

1. This PETG has a tight fit on my FBR, so PETG was a better choice for me.

2. I would think that it's an air restrictor since it is a large plastic piece over where the air comes out. The plunger still hits the piece, just the sides of it. My friends and I have done this to our nf's for years now and have had no problems.

3. I would think that this mod is more advanced than my basic write-up. Since it involves replacing the stock barrel. I rarely replace springs for mod write-ups as it completely changes the range of a gun and is hard for people to find the exact same spring as the one used.

#120296 Disk Shot Mod (advanced)

Posted by Renegade on 18 August 2007 - 04:17 PM in Modifications

Renegade’s Advanced Disk Shot Mod

Here it is, the Nerf Disk Shot.

Posted Image

The goal of this mod is to achieve more range using stefans by removing the air restrictors and replacing the stock barrel with one made of PETG.

Parts Needed

PETG a little over 4 ¼ inches

Hot glue w/glue gun

E-Tape

Dremel or hobby knife

Let me start off by saying use whatever barrel material fits your darts. But for this specific mod, you would need either PETG or Brass.

Step 1 Remove all of the screws and take apart the gun. The bottom of the handle is glued on, so take a hobby knife and pry it off after taking out all of the screws.

Posted Image

The internals are very similar to that of a Nitefinder.

Step 2 Unscrew the two screws securing the plunger assembly. Take out that piece. Next disassemble the barrel as shown.

Posted Image

Step 3 Discard the small spring and three pronged orange piece. Take the orange piece with the long plastic stick and drill/cut it out.

Posted Image

The main restrictor is glued onto the plunger tube, unlike in a Nitefinder where it can come out. Cut the three orange plastic pieces holding it in place and sand it clean afterwards.

Posted Image
Step 4 Take the two pieces pictured below and sand the inside of them until the PETG will fit inside it.

Posted Image

Step 5 Put the end of the PETG where it is in the picture below. Superglue, then hot glue it to make it stay and be airtight.

Posted Image

Next superglue the front orange barrel piece in place.

Posted Image

Step 6 The last thing I did was superglue and hot glue the entire barrel assembly onto the plunger tube. Then I wrapped it in some E-tape for added support. Screw it all back into the gun.

Posted Image

Finally, screw the whole gun back together.

Posted Image

Rough Ranges

Stefans: 60ish feet (lightly banded)

#118910 Nitemav Version:2

Posted by Renegade on 08 August 2007 - 11:39 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I've seen that write up at least ten times, but what I really need to see is the dremmel work done to actually fit in the NiteFinder plunger. I have used this write up to the best of my abilities, but until I can see how the plunger tube fits in, I'm at a dead end.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Simply Dremel, Sand, Dremel. I used a drill bit to get the plastic sticking out off of theere then sand paper for a long time.

#116967 The Best Double Shot Mod Ever

Posted by Renegade on 24 July 2007 - 12:45 AM in Modifications

So....it's tricksleeve's mod?

#116828 Da Psp

Posted by Renegade on 22 July 2007 - 07:54 PM in Off Topic

I use my psp solely for homebrew games and software. And for that it rocks. I also use it to stream movies, songs, and images from my pc. But I do think the ds has way better games. The psp having homebrew capabilities makes it awesome in my eyes.

#116737 True Ppk Nitefinder?

Posted by Renegade on 21 July 2007 - 10:50 PM in Modifications

Hmm, I do have a spare nf shell with trigger since I'm buiding a nitemav. The way i'd build it would be the at2k with a pretty short barrel where the plunger tube was, then have a sspb pump in the handle. You could even attatch it to the black battery case then use a reverse spring to keep it in place. I'll start working tommorrow if i have time.

<edit> Almost certain an at2k tank won't fit. I'll search for an alternative</edit>

#116727 Disk Shot Mod (basic)

Posted by Renegade on 21 July 2007 - 09:53 PM in Modifications

Cool. That looks pretty nice. Is that a Handyman 9713 you used? I'm afraid to use those muthafuckers in most guns...

That's just a new nf spring for size comparison. Spring replacement will be in the Super Advanced write-up, following the Advanced write-up. Yes, I'm serious.

#116724 Disk Shot Mod (basic)

Posted by Renegade on 21 July 2007 - 09:28 PM in Modifications

I'm almost certain i'm the only person in the NIC with one now. I ordered the expansion set. See general nerf thread "lol" for more details.

#116694 Disk Shot Mod (basic)

Posted by Renegade on 21 July 2007 - 03:38 PM in Modifications

Renegade’s Basic Disk Shot Mod

Here it is, the Nerf Disk Shot.

Posted Image

The goal of this mod is to achieve more range using stock darts and tight stefans by removing the air restrictors and other mods.

Parts Needed

Teflon Tape (e-tape may suffice)

Dremel or hobby knife

Step 1 Remove all of the screws and take apart the gun. The bottom of the handle is glued on, so take a hobby knife and pry it off after taking out all of the screws.

Posted Image

The internals are very similar to that of a Nitefinder.

Step 2 Unscrew the two screws securing the plunger assembly. Take out that piece. Next disassemble the barrel as shown.

Posted Image

Step 3 Discard the small spring and three pronged orange piece. Take the orange piece with the long plastic stick and drill/cut it out.

Posted Image

The main restrictor is glued onto the plunger tube, unlike in a Nitefinder where it can come out. Cut the three orange plastic pieces holding it in place and sand it clean afterwards.

Posted Image

Step 4 Next we will be modding the plunger head. The entire plunger assembly is basically the same as in a Nitefinder. The spring is slightly longer and quite stronger than this Yellow NF’s spring.

Posted Image

Take your Teflon tape and wrap the plunger head with it. Insert it into the plunger tube to check how good of a seal you have. If your seal is too tight you may need to lube the gun for best performance.

Posted Image

Step 5 This step deals mostly with the barrel assembly. There is a set of holes in the barrel. Wrap the tape around these holes.

Posted Image

Then reassemble the barrel parts onto the plunger tube. Finally, wrap Teflon tape around these parts to ensure it is airtight.

Posted Image

Step 7 Screw the plunger assembly back in place. Screw the gun back together and you’re done. For best results add bands.

Posted Image

Rough Ranges

Stock Dart: 45 feet (without bands)

Stock Dart: 55 feet (with bands)

Advanced Mod coming soon....

#116483 Lol

Posted by Renegade on 19 July 2007 - 10:10 PM in General Nerf

Wow I just realized how awesome the whole disk shot concept is. the darts stick to the targets. Even when shot at in the air. Yay!

#116478 Lol

Posted by Renegade on 19 July 2007 - 09:08 PM in General Nerf

Is it just me, or is the plunger chamber about an inch shorter? Unless the plunger comes out farther than it does on the NF, it will crap out in comparison.

And what is with the thumb AND the middle finger? I haven't seen that before, just the one or the other.

That's how we rock it here in Iowa. That and I needed to hold the box.

I think the internals are overall smaller than in the nf. I'll inspect it more closely when I mod it.

#116456 Lol

Posted by Renegade on 19 July 2007 - 05:32 PM in General Nerf

I wish, but the disks are solid foam, with a sticker on each side. They do seem quite durable though.

http://www.walmart.c...duct_id=5765483

#116448 Lol

Posted by Renegade on 19 July 2007 - 04:49 PM in General Nerf

$15 for the expansion pack.

6 disks

1 gun

6 darts

Ranges are slightly less than a stock old edition Nitefinder.

The front of the gun is slightly larger than the nitefinder but the handle is a little bit smaller. The trigger is thinner, and so is the plunger rod.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#116445 Lol

Posted by Renegade on 19 July 2007 - 04:41 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

i win

write-up soon, k

#114758 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Renegade on 06 July 2007 - 06:15 PM in Modifications

It's the stock colors. It's a variant of the SM750 that was released before it in 1996 as part of the Larami Supermaxx Extreme line. The color is different and the internals are redish orange unlike most nerf guns offwhite internals.

#114647 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Renegade on 05 July 2007 - 11:05 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Petg Modded SupermaxxExtreme700

#114605 Chicago Land Nerf War

Posted by Renegade on 05 July 2007 - 06:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I might be coming. I'd probably drag someone or two with me if I did.

The 18th is bad for me since I'll be fishing on some bus trip.

As for the field, I'd really like one with grass on the ground and not too much debris as I like to dive and roll and stuff.

#114337 The Cole Breach

Posted by Renegade on 03 July 2007 - 05:11 PM in Homemades

Yeah, but he didn't actually say it was the best, he said it was ONE of the best. Now all we have to do is wait for him to show us the finished product... someday.

Alright, I hate to continue this but he did say that it was THE best. Since then, he has edited it to say one of the best.

#113749 Nerf Doom

Posted by Renegade on 29 June 2007 - 02:20 PM in General Nerf

Am I the only one who still plays texmoustache's Nerf the Video Game? That game rocks.

#112674 Please Help... Crossbow Reinforcement...

Posted by Renegade on 23 June 2007 - 11:15 AM in Modifications

http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=7871&hl=

Projects been on hold since my sm5k. But I have all the pics for Part 2 ready.

#111893 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by Renegade on 18 June 2007 - 05:28 PM in Homemades

CaptainSlug made a video, the more tightly you wrap it, the longer it stays shut, or so I've heard. Enjoy.

I made videos too.......and the barricade buster.

But I don't fold it like captainslug. I'll post videos sometime soon. Maybe another showing my grenade launching stefans 50+ feet and hitting a fence.

#108332 Rf20 Back In Buisness Plus Classic Darts

Posted by Renegade on 30 May 2007 - 02:57 PM in General Nerf

Ah, the bi-annual rf20's are being made again thread. I love it. Am I the only one who's TRU have been consistantly stocking rf20's for 5ish years?

#104680 Supermaxx 250 Mod

Posted by Renegade on 09 May 2007 - 04:00 PM in Modifications

Nope, smaller.

I really like the sm250 though. Awesome grip/size. Gona Luger mine sometime soon.

#104182 Farmageddon 07 Planning Thread

Posted by Renegade on 06 May 2007 - 12:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, It's time to start planning for FARMageddon.

What? Farmageddon

Where? Davenport or Bettendorf, Iowa

When? June/First week of July?

Why? To have fun nerfing

As for what to bring and what not to bring, I'm gona have to quote cx.

Bring:

* Nerf guns!
* Lots of darts
* Water
* Sunscreen
* Eye protection
* Good attitude
* Friends

Don't Bring:

* Homemades
* Dangerous darts
* Incindiary devices
* Cheaters

I assume we all know the difference between homemades and nerf/other foam shooting guns?
But yes I decided not to allow homemades in an effort to keep this an annual Nerf war. Feel free to showcase you homemades at the war if you'd like, but not for actual use.

I don't think we really need a lunch break if we start around 12, so eat before the war. You may bring snacks or other food if you'd like. I'll try and bring a cooler of water/ gatorade for those who want.

I've got one location in mind already. It's a park inside of the city. Has playground, lots of trees, restrooms, and tables. I'll also be able to "reserve" the location so we don't have to worry about other people being there. I'll keep looking for other locations too and post pictures.

If anyone has any further questions, regarding hotels, or the like in the area feel free to pm/aim me. There's a Menards, Home Depot, Lowes, Toys R us, and other stores if you need to make last minute preperations for the war.

As for rules/war games I'm not sure. I'm thinkng Team Deathmatch with a set number of lives, maybe a few pistol rounds, and some capture the flag. Post any other ideas too.

So post which dates are good, whether you can come, and the like.

#104150 Ilno

Posted by Renegade on 05 May 2007 - 10:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll try to make it if it's in June.

#104113 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Renegade on 05 May 2007 - 08:49 PM in Modifications

Here's my newly modded sm5k. Been working on it for the past week or so. Wanted a long range gun that could shoot stock darts and mega stefans. This bolt actually give me a very fast reload time. I feel that RoF is more important than range on a gun. I'm able to just push the bolt forward, shove a dart in then pull it right back. No fiddling around with a removable breech barrel for me. The stock makes it a lot easier to aim and is comfortable. The silencer works, but not as well as larger ones do. It's constructed of 1/2'' Thinwall PVC for the main "barrel" and 1'' Thinwall PVC for the outer body. It lessens the loud long pop to a quick less audible "woomp." Do silencer's serve a purpose in a real nerf war? I believe yes and no, but that's for another time. Anyway, to the pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mods:
Tank Relocated

Pump Plugged

Bolt Action Breech Barrel System

Accessories:
Stock

Silencer

Did some range test's mega stefans got 97-100 feet, and stock taggers 92ish feet.

#104112 First Person Assassin: Morning Blitz.

Posted by Renegade on 05 May 2007 - 08:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Yay, someone who likes The Boondock Saints.

Love these video's. Looks like fun.

#102716 Nerf Sweepstakes On Cartoon Network

Posted by Renegade on 27 April 2007 - 11:52 PM in General Nerf

Recieved my guns in the mail today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#101844 Doubleshot Mod Write-up

Posted by Renegade on 04 April 2007 - 08:58 PM in Modifications

Well I did open up the gun once. With the small section of tubing connecting the plunger to the "barrel" I didn't think much could be done there. I did try to make the orange hole where the sir comes out a little bigger. I don't think it really affected it much, so I kept it out of this Write-Up.

I've noticed some difference in firing one dart vs two. Not sure how to fix this. I'll check into it after I finish my nitemav and that write-up.

#101840 Doubleshot Mod Write-up

Posted by Renegade on 04 April 2007 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

LastManAlive: The shells still eject, but not as far as normall. Due to the extra weight, and that lip being farther down.

Forsaken_angel24: I just stuck some extra Nerf Crossbow stickers on it because cx did. And for some originality. As it looked like most other maxshots.

#101800 Nerf Pen Blaster Mod Write-up

Posted by Renegade on 04 April 2007 - 12:55 AM in Modifications

Renegade’s Pen Blaster Mod Write-up

Posted Image

Here is the Nerf Pen Blaster, one of the few nerf guns to not use air to propel a dart. It simply hits it with a piece of plastic. It’s still built much like most spring guns. The gun itself has a long pole through it that does not allow it to fire stefans. Although it is possible for it to fire stefans. With some moddage.

Step One: The first thing to do is take off the pen. Unscrew the two screws on each side then pull it off.

Step Two: Now we have the main gun. Unscrew all of the screws. Be careful since they’re almost all different sizes.

Step Three: Use a utility knife to pry off the end piece by the cocking handle. Now we can pry open the entire gun.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Step Four: The internals should look like this. Take out the springs and blue internal piece. Unscrew the orange cocking piece first.

Posted Image

Step Five: Take out this blue plastic piece. We’ll be cutting it down in the next step.

Posted Image

Step Six: Sand down the piece 2-3mm from the smaller plastic lip inside of it. This will create more room for a stefan to fit inside the barrel.

Posted Image

Step Seven: Take the long blue plastic rod and cut it .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Make sure it’s flush with the previous blue piece.

Step Eight: It’s time to put it back together. The blue rod will be shorter now and need to be pushed upward in order to screw back on the orange handle. Screw everything back together, put the pen part back on, and you’re done.

Posted Image

Now your Pen Blaster will be able to shoot stefans. These stefans should be around 1 inch long for best results.

Ranges:

Stefan: 10-15 feet

Stock Dart: At least 20+ more accurate ranges later.

(Most pictures blurry Camera wasn't working right)

#101758 Doubleshot Mod Write-up

Posted by Renegade on 03 April 2007 - 01:48 PM in Modifications

I Haven't seen anyone with much of a DoubleShot Write-up minus shell mods and tricksleeve's. Since no one post's Mod Write-Up's anymore, here it is.

Renegade’s Double Shot Mod

Posted Image

Here we have a stock DoubleShot. All of mine have been horrible stock. This is mainly because of the large “barrel.” The darts usually bounce off the sides and get stuck, or barely leave the barrel. To remedy this, we’ll be sawing off most of the barrel. And then Putting CPVC in the shells for a tighter fit. This allows for the shells to still eject even after being modded.

Step One: Use a hacksaw and saw off your barrels as short as you would like. I cut them right inline with the yellow fore grip.

Posted Image

Step Two: My DS Didn’t let shells eject just by flipping it down with one hand so I took out a little piece that gives it some friction and clicks when it is bent. It is the entire small spring and plastic lever. I used a screwdriver and pried it out.

Posted Image

Step Three: We’re pretty much done with the main gun for now. The next step involves the shells. Cut the shells just below where it dips and gets smaller. CPVC should fit right inside. I cut my CPVC to 2 inches. This kept it near the original shells, although longer lengths could be used but the shells may not eject properly. Use hot glue to seal it. Make the glue nice and close to the shell so none hangs over.

Posted Image

OPTIONAL: I did not see any noticeable range increase from the following step. Although it should give a slight increase.

Step Four: Use a drill to make the hole in the back of the shells a little bit larger. DO NOT make it larger than the small plastic circle protruding out of the shell. This makes the seal.

Posted Image

Step Five: I decided to cut the trigger guard as I felt it got in the way of my fingers. It may not be the same for you.

Posted Image

And now we have a modded DoubleShot. It’s more compact, can shoot farther, and can now shoot stefans. I put some e tape on the handle for comfort.

Posted Image

Ranges are at least 40 feet. I’ll do some more accurate range tests later.

#101151 Baskeball

Posted by Renegade on 17 March 2007 - 10:22 AM in Off Topic

I enjoy Baseketball more.