Lynx's Content

There have been 925 items by Lynx (Search limited from 04-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#208513 Paintball Gatling Gun

Posted by Lynx on 01 February 2009 - 01:22 AM in Off Topic

Actually, I was thinking more like having a gun with more shots, but same rate of fire as a vulcan or magstrike.

Then buy a bigger chain. It's not rocket science. 50 shots is plenty... 100 is over overkill.

Really? You started a question for changing a custom design to NERF just to get a better sustained ROF for a gun with 25 shots, STOCK.

Why?

#208358 Paintball Gatling Gun

Posted by Lynx on 31 January 2009 - 07:11 PM in Off Topic

You can't load stefans that fast. I don't care how you try, but you can't load them that fast.

You would be better off using a modded vulcan or a magstrike than going all out on a system that has results comparable to a vulcan or magstrike.

Bottom line: You can, but there isn't much of a reason to.

#208293 Steelers Vs. Cardinals

Posted by Lynx on 31 January 2009 - 03:51 PM in Off Topic

Really, 2 safety's? Man you're retarded.

Anyways, I think Steeler's will win. Too many good players on offense. Plus, a great defense.

Cardinal's star: 1 Kurt Warner plus 1 Troy Polamalu = Broken limbs.

#208242 Nerf Modding Vs. Parents

Posted by Lynx on 31 January 2009 - 02:01 PM in General Nerf

I can walk to my local ACE and get rides (easily) to my local Lowes and Home Depot.

#208117 Paper Speedloaders

Posted by Lynx on 31 January 2009 - 01:35 AM in Modifications

ARGH, I'm the Ghost of the Pirate of past Code of Conduct Violations.

You should read this. Apply it or you will see me again... asa witchalok.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, speed loaders are things that load your barrel faster. What you seem to have made is a flip breech. Basically a coupler with 2 barrels together as shown.

It looks like you are using the paper as a barrel so that is a flip breech.

If you are using the paper to load the gun in a fast(er) manner, that is a speed loader.

#208022 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by Lynx on 30 January 2009 - 09:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Damnit, I wanted to see the SoCal legends in Ohio...

#207712 T.i.m. (the Incredible Machine)

Posted by Lynx on 29 January 2009 - 07:42 PM in Homemades

Well, its an airgun homemade that can shoot over 120 feet with megas. That shit hurts.

Maybe micros only... It's up to the organizer, but no one wants a pvc tank blowing up in the middle of a field in a residential neighborhood...

EDIT:
The Incredible Machine was a physics based puzzle game that I played when I was young. Which means its over 12 years old, AT LEAST.

Game rocked my socks off. Shits hard, too.

#207566 Late Winter Ohio War

Posted by Lynx on 29 January 2009 - 12:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Read this.

Apply it.

Never mention your YouTube nerfing again. Look at uin13's early posts and how bad we bashed him.

He made it okay by putting out some okay blasters, GOING TO WARS, and not being a dick.

#207565 Nerf Wars In The Midwest

Posted by Lynx on 29 January 2009 - 12:04 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone necroed it would be neonpistols but even then, he had something to add. Next time, just say, I know this is a necro, but I just want a war.

Plus, you NEVER need to wait to nerf, just play in the snow/sleet/cold/rain. It is pretty damn fun.

#207563 T.i.m. (the Incredible Machine)

Posted by Lynx on 29 January 2009 - 11:43 AM in Homemades

Dude, not worthy of The Incredible Machine's name. That game was THE SHIT. Don't agree? Play it, try to beat it without any hints, guides or cheats. Then, after failing, suck my left nut.

But a sweet ass mod it is. That thing has great range, a good ROF, good accuracy (just looking at the box...), and it will probably be banned at most wars...

#207294 Indoor Vs. Outdoor

Posted by Lynx on 28 January 2009 - 04:42 PM in General Nerf

WE: The modifying/skilled nerfers like to modify/use skills and they can be best shown, where class?, yes, OUTSIDE.

Everyone else likes indoor nerfing since it requires little skill, time, effort and people, some of the main reasons why people choose nerf.

However, since we like nerf, we want to modify/use our skills and get tired of playing in the same house or dealing with parents all the time, so we go OUTSIDE.

It's a paradox in and of itself. Have fun indoors, but have our time and effort wasted OR Have fun outdoors where there are less people and less fun places.

Why you love the school idea so much: Forbidden fruit/Open indoor environment

#207285 Temperature Question

Posted by Lynx on 28 January 2009 - 04:32 PM in General Nerf

The Ideal Gas LAW can be used here in that you need to build a certain pressure so you can make an inequality of that statement. Or, you can just put some TIGHTER BRASS IN THE DAMN BARREL and start USING STEFANS.

Also, my NF which usually gets about, 70-80 feet (Revolver) gets about 40-50 in the cold with cpvc. Not a porblem with your Titan.

It's a problem with 1. The environment(air) 2. The seal(barrel to dart) and 3. The shortness of the seal (stefans will fix that).

Fix 2 and 3 and you MIGHT get a decent gun.

#207280 The Calender

Posted by Lynx on 28 January 2009 - 04:27 PM in Site Feedback

Just link it to the current year's calendar thread for wars.

It's perfect for that purpose...

#207275 The K9 Special (pas Mod)

Posted by Lynx on 28 January 2009 - 04:22 PM in Modifications

Get off the dude's dick guys. It was a modification of a RSCB design implemented on a PAS that makes it feel like more of a shotgun.

K9, good design: Solid ROF, nice range, (I dunno on accuracy), but MOST IMPORTANTLY, you made this gun to suit your style of play and to address your weaknesses. Good job.

#206569 Nerf Nightfinder Mod/ The Diplomat

Posted by Lynx on 26 January 2009 - 03:59 PM in Modifications

Stop lying.

Seriously, this shit has gone down before, it doesn't work. Your e-penis doesn't get any bigger. It gets SMALLER.

Look at this thread.

No. Just no. It doesn't happen. Unless you have a weird tail-wind, invisible hill, warm and perfect environment IN FUCKING JANUARY, a Nite-Finder DOES NOT SHOOT 100 FEET.

Oh yeah: How is showing off your gun contributing to the topic? Read and apply this: The Code of Conduct.

#206567 Indoor Vs. Outdoor

Posted by Lynx on 26 January 2009 - 03:44 PM in General Nerf

It matters what the terrain is like.

A playground is more fun than a gym.

#206202 How Much Is A Ss2 Worth?

Posted by Lynx on 25 January 2009 - 12:16 PM in General Nerf

30-35 is a good price.

If no one seems to want it, I'd settle with 25...

Make sure to post a good mod or two in the sales thread to emphasize it's value.

#206199 Nerf Nightfinder Mod/ The Diplomat

Posted by Lynx on 25 January 2009 - 12:12 PM in Modifications

You brought a week old thread back to post an idea that has been used by the majority of (good) nerf gun painters for I don't know how long.

Plus you said his range was bull shit even though there is also a ttg spring in there (read all of the OP's posts to get an idea of what is actually happening).

You need to (re)-read this: The Code of Conduct. And you need to use it.

#206197 Nerf And Pivot

Posted by Lynx on 25 January 2009 - 12:07 PM in Off Topic

X/+-bow on top
TTG/NF is flying around
DoubleShot/RFR minus the clip is on the right
Doomsayer on the bottom

Skills not found anywhere.

#206194 Star Wars Storm Trooper

Posted by Lynx on 25 January 2009 - 12:04 PM in Modifications

bpso86 or bobafan (prob. bpso) modded this by combining a nf and the stock plunger and their rods together to create a blaster with enough power to make its large size worth it.

Your mod was not new or anything...

#204702 Late Winter Ohio War

Posted by Lynx on 19 January 2009 - 01:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Can't go (both of us), since I have to go to the Buckeye Regionals. (FRC)

#204698 Rifletech2000

Posted by Lynx on 19 January 2009 - 01:10 PM in Modifications

NO, BAD NERFER. TOPIC IS DONE:

/thread

#204678 Rifletech2000

Posted by Lynx on 19 January 2009 - 11:40 AM in Modifications

Shhh, just stop.

Do you like you're new blaster?

I assume no since you posted a simple mod on the forums looking to get gratification.

If you were really proud of it, you'd be nerfing with it RIGHT NOW.

Now, stop cursing, it isn't fucking necessary and makes all of us look bad. All that has needed to been said has been said plus useless flaming.

/thread

#204398 Recon 3k Gets 70ft

Posted by Lynx on 18 January 2009 - 12:18 PM in Modifications

I believe Recons can get 60+, but 80 is a lie.

__3k's can get about 80 but no more than 100.

Titans can fit in Mavericks with a different pump.

This topic Effeminate failz.

#202995 Firefly Mods

Posted by Lynx on 12 January 2009 - 10:33 PM in Modifications

None of you (not the OP) did what was needed:

The Firefly is a spring gun with a small plunger stroke, inefficient turret and NO AIR HOSES/CONNECTIONS.
The Titan has the largest tank in any NERF gun and it has IN-FUCKING-CREDIBLE ranges.
The Magstrike is a complicated ass gun with hoses, and more than just "2 holes".

You have no idea what you are talking about PLUS you posted incoherent nonsense.

If you REALLY need to know what is up: look at the modifications and such.

Until then: Read and learn, THEN post.

#202980 Best Full-auto Gun?

Posted by Lynx on 12 January 2009 - 10:07 PM in General Nerf

The reason for your old topic being torn down is this:

THERE IS NO "BEST" NERF GUN! For most general catagories.

For this one:

RF20>WildFire (serve same use) better for suppressing and close range.

MagStrike>Powerclip (provided the powerclip doesn't have the clip mod) better for all purpose stuff like with rush/cover and stuff like that.

#202599 Magnificent 7

Posted by Lynx on 11 January 2009 - 12:36 PM in General Nerf

I managed to wade through 50 posts before I came to the conclusion:

It's not about the nerf gun, the skill or who is playing.

It's about NERFING. The fun had while shooting plastic toy guns at each other. No bruises, no standoffs, no bullshit. That is all that was wanted by the Meh 7. Just man up and shoot the yellow dart at your best friend's eye!

EDIT: The rules are this: We (Meh 7) won't let anything (Nerf gun) get in the way of Nerfing.

#202586 Turret Spacer Templates

Posted by Lynx on 11 January 2009 - 11:28 AM in Modifications

bobafan is a master of the finer parts of nerfing:

-Aiming
-Making stefans
-Modding nerf guns

I can attest to his ability to make revolvers (what I call them) and stefans since I frequently buy from him (twice or three times).

If he is willing to make stuff, BUY IT!!!

#200613 Air Zone Professional

Posted by Lynx on 02 January 2009 - 04:16 PM in General Nerf

Buy them up.

Frost Vectron modded them. Should be in off-brand guns...

#200300 Nerfing In Cold Weather?

Posted by Lynx on 01 January 2009 - 08:06 PM in General Nerf

First: Chin. + Dart. = Pain.

Also: Ranges. Will. Suck. Ass.

Finally: Hands. Will. Freeze.

I feel at this point: /thread

#200038 Nf3k

Posted by Lynx on 31 December 2008 - 05:52 PM in Modifications

I'd recommend putting the pump where the light is so it is more like an uber minimized AT2k.

Besides that, good job!

Side note: I'm related to Jesus. I'm Jewish, BITCHES!!!

#200037 Best Stock Nerf Darts

Posted by Lynx on 31 December 2008 - 05:50 PM in General Nerf

Mine are Taggers because they stick to your clothes like when you shoot them at a wall from like 10 feet they come back and hit ya. Sometimes gives you a dart boob.

I am more stupider now. Think before you post... I don't think I like this new wave of newbies.

Well, taggers are the most accurate in blowguns which ends up being the test of time.

Original micros have the range of sort of sucky stefans.

Screamers are the "best" since all the YouTube kiddies have Vulcans and therefore 50 screamers, duh.

#200035 Level 2 Singled Rfs

Posted by Lynx on 31 December 2008 - 05:44 PM in Modifications

This looks great. so now you have one main shot and one backup shot.

Yes, that was the whole point of the modification. Dumbass.

As people have said: Ranges?

Also, why did you put the pump on the top? AND Why did you not bring the AT2k tank back in the case any further? I'd be worried about structural integrity.

#199716 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Lynx on 30 December 2008 - 01:15 AM in Off Topic

EDIT: Unlike three other then recent attempts, this worked. I guess that's my excuse for being a douchebag.

Gamertag: NotPlayingWithYou13YearOlds

Games Played:

NERF
Nerfing

THIS IS A USELESS THREAD! There are others already out there with more names from more respected members, either modders or Nerfers. No one KNOWS the people in this thread since none of you Nerf enough (if at all).

#199444 Wreckreation Nation

Posted by Lynx on 28 December 2008 - 09:28 PM in Off Topic

Here is this crazy guys channel on youtube, check his videos out at: http://www.youtube.com/forsakenangel24

a shitty message sent by a new person with useless information

What are you trying to say Lynx?

I'm saying this (see quote below) was worthless and possibly hurt our chances at being shown/featured...

Hello, My name is Michael and I am from Portland, Oregon. Now you see, I am only 13 years old, and I am going to be interested in your show. But your saying your going to go to interesting hobbys and film them. Now you see, there is this hobby called Nerf. There spring/air powered foam shooting projectiles. These Nerf guns only shoot the foam darts up to 35 feet. That's where the Nerfhaven.com team comes in. We Modify these Nerf guns. We open these guns up, take them apart, add springs, intergrations, Take out the air restrictors, put some awesome paintjobs on them, ect. Some people go completely crazy on these things. Its very interesting and I think your viewers would like this too. Once were done with these, they shoot up to 100 feet at times. There is one air pump gun that shoots up to 180' at times. It makes people bleed. Now you see, there is over thousands of people who do this kind of thing. So why don't you come check us out at Www.nerfhaven.com.

Sincerely, Your friend
Loser

P.S. Here is a couple of examples of our work: http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=9845&hl= http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=9335&hl=
Here is this crazy guys channel on youtube, check his videos out at: http://www.youtube.com/forsakenangel24

#199365 Wreckreation Nation

Posted by Lynx on 28 December 2008 - 01:51 PM in Off Topic

A new show on Discovery (not on air yet) that shows what America is doing to the max.

Things that will probably be shown: Pumpkin Cannons, other shit like that...

Either way, the posters have wasted posts to provide that info PLUS a shitty message sent by a new person with poor English, useless information and no contact information.

#199348 Late Winter Ohio War

Posted by Lynx on 28 December 2008 - 12:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe. It's nerfing, so I will want to go. Maybe plus one if I go too.

#198554 Winter Ohio War

Posted by Lynx on 23 December 2008 - 11:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, whenever you all decide what is up with the spring war(s), pm me for approval.

I'm the decider.

EDIT: Kidding of course, but thanks for the pm!

#198158 The Most Basic Mods You Can Do On A Switch Shot Ex-3.sorry About The H

Posted by Lynx on 22 December 2008 - 08:41 PM in Modifications

STOP!

Good first post, just use correct grammar and take better pictures. Also, please take a couple more pictures of opening the gun and how it is supposed to be put back together. Finally, don't post this if we already have other (better) mods for the gun.

#197551 Winter Ohio War

Posted by Lynx on 20 December 2008 - 07:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, now it's the other hoster's turn...

Great fun, great rushes, great guns and great friends

FUN:
+The whole castle rocks! We should do summer or spring there.
+Diving and hiding in the bottom catacombs. (Rushing comes from here)
+Getting to say catacombs (Doom for the win)
+Picking a great Ghost Team
+The Humans versus Zombies round where I was on top of the castle with the FireFly, shooting zombies and having fun.

RUSHES:
+During CTF, I ran so many times against the Cinci crew with minor success
+Touching the flag 3 times
+Having that girl roll over on me and saying I had more balls than the rest of the team (the one compliment)
+Having JediJoe on my team during ghost supporting me before the rush

GUNS:
-My guns being insecure with hot glue uprooting on my TTG
-My guns sucking with the cold
+MrBadWrench letting me use his FireFly with integrated smdtg
+The FireFly in close quarters plus the smdtg. It was fun.

FRIENDS:
+My friend (Will) rocking with the BBB after initial apprehension
+JediJoe rocking
+thaygor rocking
+Will (my friend) rocking
+Me rocking(ish)

The only bad part of the war was in the Capture the Flag round with Cincinnati versus everyone else. I was everyone else and well, the Cincinnati team was douchebags. They walked through the whole field getting ammo and one circumstance ruined the round(s) for me:

The bad part that got me so fucking pissed off:
I ran up on the far side (from the parking lot) hit a couple of people with the FireFly, dashed to the flag, got it and saw blowgun guy, walking away with no interest in me what so ever. The spawn point was the fence back behind the swing set. Blowgun guy hit the swingset, then tapped me with the blowgun and I was pissed. He was out, and he hit me, I thought I was dead. I turned, saw him and yelled, "YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD". At this point, all their team is respawned and I am stopped in their base since I thought I was dead. "YOU WERE AND ARE DEAD", I had the flag was at least 15 feet away from the flag point yelling at this cheating douchewad. I throw the flag, pick up darts and walk back to my area.