13 replies to this topic

#1 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:40 PM

As many of you know, the RFS is usually looked down upon when singled. I however liked the feel of the RFS rather than the Shotty and after a failed attempt at a rotational mech mod, I decided to change the opinion of the singled RFS. The thing about the RFS when singled is that it contains more integration room then the Shotty.
Because the Auto Advance arm is gone, it leaves room to run tubing through which led me to the construction of the Level 2 Singled RFS. Some people may never like this gun singled. I say...

To each his own...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Modify the shell so that the turret holder is gone and rough spots are sanded down.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Using JB Weld, I fastened a 1/2in PVC coupler over the existing piece sticking out of the turret. I wrapped the stock piece in electrical tape for a good fit in the coupler.

Posted Image
Add springs as you see necessary. I have a BBB and Stock spring combo.

Posted Image
Add foam to the end or else your Plunger tube will Skull Fuck the shit out of your plunger head.

Posted Image
Trace the plunger rod advancing arm onto a piece of 1/4 inch Aluminum

Posted Image
Cut it out and using a screw, attach it to the part with the two prongs from the stock advancing arm.

Posted Image
Now to clear out space for the AT2k. Line up the tank like so to know where to dremel out.

Posted Image
Dremel out space for the 2k Tank

Posted Image
Now there is room for the 2k tank to fit.

WAIT UNTIL SECOND POST!
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#2 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
However, the grip slides too far forward and would hit the tank. To prevent this cut off all of the red area in front of the two prongs that the grip attaches to.

Posted Image
Sand down the pieces and cut off the very front of the grip.

Posted Image
Attach the very front of the grip to the rest of the grip to cover the gaping hole.

Posted Image
Dremel out the parts that the tubing runs through in the picture so the tubing runs flush with the shell of the gun.

Put the gun together and paint it as you see fit.

Finished product....
Posted Image
Posted Image

So what do you think? Did I change your opinion on the singled RFS?

EDIT: Refining trigger design (See last picture), If you have any ideas, post them.

Edited by A side of nerf, 31 December 2008 - 01:51 PM.

#3 Applefury

Applefury

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:51 PM

It's good but, still kind've impractical because providing both guns are singled and you use a flip breech on both where the RFS gets 90ft and 2k gets 80ft so basically you've got 4 shots of high range whereas if it was a turret you would have twelve. Thats just my thoguhts still on your specific singled RFS. But anyways nice job.

The only time I could and in your case single a RFS is when the rotational mech gets broken.

Edited by Applefury, 31 December 2008 - 01:53 PM.

QUOTE(Gamefreak @ Sep 29 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

Since you're too young to get a hotel, you should look around, maybe check some aim chatrooms.
Theres alot of really friendly, nice people out there, that'd be more than willing to accomodate a young boy.

#4 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:11 PM

Nice. Good thinking on attaching the former pump covering to the gaping hole on the shotty pump. Try slapping a 2K turret onto the 2K. I think that would improve the gun a bit.

#5 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:31 PM

Pretty good. Your internal mods are a lot cleaner than mine, but I am very interested in the ranges of the singled RFS part. I only got about 80ish ft. with mine, I hope you get better.

Nice mod.

P.S. I have the same dremel as you :)

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 31 December 2008 - 02:32 PM.

Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#6 slienced assassin

slienced assassin

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:48 PM

This looks great. so now you have one main shot and one backup shot.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

http://supernerf.piczo.com/?cr=1

#7 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:44 PM

This looks great. so now you have one main shot and one backup shot.

Yes, that was the whole point of the modification. Dumbass.

As people have said: Ranges?

Also, why did you put the pump on the top? AND Why did you not bring the AT2k tank back in the case any further? I'd be worried about structural integrity.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#8 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:55 PM

Ranges are in the 90's for the RFS and 80's for the AT2k.

The pump is on top because I modeled this after Coop's AT2k Mod (which is also featured in The Exhaustive Guide to Crossbows by Splitlip) because I thought it looked like a Crossbow.

For The 2k tank, there wasn't enough room to bring it back even with excessive dremeling.

#9 Applefury

Applefury

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:28 PM

Just an idea for you A Side Of Nerf put the pump of the at2k in the pump of the RFS and that way the pump stroke of the RFS pumps the at2k once and then you can pump further times by just pulling back again.
QUOTE(Gamefreak @ Sep 29 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

Since you're too young to get a hotel, you should look around, maybe check some aim chatrooms.
Theres alot of really friendly, nice people out there, that'd be more than willing to accomodate a young boy.

#10 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

I had considered that for this modification, so I might try doing that on a Shotty (My next purchase).

Woah, 300 posts!

Edited by A side of nerf, 31 December 2008 - 06:30 PM.

#11 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

Ranges are in the 90's for the RFS.

Really?

Did you do any seal improvements like E-tape around the plunger head, or brass nested inside the coupler?

I did all of those and I'm only getting about mid 80s. The only significant difference I can think of is the spring combination. BBB in yours, Ace#49 in mine. Oh well, 10 ft isn't that much of a difference.

Edit: Whoa, just looked at your trigger. That looks really fugly. I would just put one or two pen springs on the edge of the trigger, and then plumbers goop away. There is a picture in my write up, I don't need to post another link.

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 31 December 2008 - 06:57 PM.

Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#12 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

I did all of those and I'm only getting about mid 80s. The only significant difference I can think of is the spring combination. BBB in yours, Ace#49 in mine. Oh well, 10 ft isn't that much of a difference.

I have also added a Recon spring that I didn't mention in the write-up (not shown in picture either).

#13 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

I don't like where the pump is placed.
Don't just put the damn things on wherever. Its called ergonomics.

And as said, the air tank is too exposed for it to be very durable, which im assuming you care about because of the foam on the end of the plunger head.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#14 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:09 AM

Don't just put the damn things on wherever. Its called ergonomics.

Ergonomics? Lets talk erganomics..

Ergonomics is the scientific discipline concerned with designing according to human needs, and the profession that applies theory, principles, data and methods to design in order to optimize human well-being and overall system performance.

"designing according to human needs"
I'm the only one using this and the pump is placed where it's good for me.

"to optimize human well-being and overall system performance."
The pump in this location optimizes the over-all system performance for me...the user.

Really...It's all personal preference. Having been to two large wars (not including the numerous neighborhood wars) I have found what works for me and I believe that this was the most war practical application of this pump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users