CheeseNerfer's Content

There have been 227 items by CheeseNerfer (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#32510 Broken Pc Air Tank, Need Help

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 28 July 2004 - 12:58 PM in Modifications

Come on tell me what you think!

#30297 Brass Barrels...

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 04 July 2004 - 10:27 AM in Modifications

Yeah Greenflash go to the home depot on aurora, I'm pretty sure they sell it.

#25695 Bolt Action Spring Rifle

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 08 May 2004 - 03:39 PM in Homemades

Sweet idea but the actual gun would be huge because you have so man layers of tubing in there.

#30861 Bmx?

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 10 July 2004 - 05:02 PM in Off Topic

Mountain Biking is Fun and I've had fun riding in places like Moab Utah (awesome) but I enjoy the thrill of BMXing way more, I mostly ride dirt/jumps but I do have fun just playing around in the streets still working on grind! :angry:

edit: Oh and I have a Diamondback Joker from like 2000 but I'm hoping to get the "S&M Dirtbike"

#30353 Bmx?

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 05 July 2004 - 12:03 AM in Off Topic

Iwas just wondering if there where any BMX riders out there, if there are post what kind of bike you have and what you ride. Or just a disscussion about our favorite pasttime (no not nerf!)

Vans Kick Ass

#30401 Bmx?

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 05 July 2004 - 02:13 PM in Off Topic

BMX> Bicycle Motor Cross, I don't know what the Motor part comes from but we are talking about bikes made for doing stunts or tricks with. Here is an example: http://www.flybikesb...lonablueeng.jpg

#77287 Bladder-repaired Wildfire

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 22 March 2006 - 10:27 PM in Modifications

Yeah, not exactly a new idea but glad you realized it and were able to utilize it. I've been fixing PC and RF20's like that for a couple years and I know of at least a couple of people that used those hose clamps to reinforce the weak stock ones.

#31955 Best Machine Gun

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 21 July 2004 - 04:39 PM in Modifications

i dont like the PC cos i dont want nine inches of plastic sticking out the top of my gun by the time im done firing. it makes it impossible to aim along the top of the gun, and it changes the balance as you fire, making it progressively more inaccurate.

I know what you mean but for one you should know your gun well enough that you shouldn't have to sight along the top and two rapid fire guns are generally pretty inacurate but Ive found that out of my modified PC my modified RF20 and a modified WF I used once that the PC is by far the most accurate. I think it may have something to do with no having rotating barrels. But It doesn't really matter this is all opinion and I can kick Black Fogers ass better with a PC than with a RF20 but Its not hard either way heh, heh ^_^

#31291 Best Machine Gun

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 15 July 2004 - 03:00 PM in Modifications

Powerclips are the smallest lightest and best if you have multiple clips. Also modded it has the best range and next to best rate of fire. I hate my RF20, love my PC and don't like the WF.

#31961 Best Machine Gun

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 21 July 2004 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

back to nerf: you cant aim by feel past about ten feet.  after that, the change in aim required to miss is so minute the human hand and arm cant hold it steady enough, and with no sight picture you have no way to correct for that.
really, it may come down to shooting style, accurate vs. high volume of foam.  i prefer accuracy and limited shots.  some people may find strafing more effective.

Intertubing a PC is a normal mod performs great. I have to disagree with you Okto I am actually much more accurate with all my guns by just shooting with "feel" than sighting along the barrel and its not a problem with my eyes with a real sight and real gun I shoot fine. I aslo prefer accuracy over volume of foam but I can get accuracy with a nf sidearm and have a much higher volume of foam than a loser can. Also while your reloading/pumping your one shot rifle I can rush your ass and finish you off ask Black Foger thats usually what happens to him.

Also this is a online forum about guns that shoot foam. As long as my posts are readable (which they definately are) I don't need you commenting on run-on sentences.

#37344 Best Airsoft Pistol?

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 16 September 2004 - 11:07 PM in Off Topic

Vintage that link just gos to a airsoft website not an actual gun and I couldn't find a clear beretta on that site. Do you have a direct link?

#37387 Best Airsoft Pistol?

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 17 September 2004 - 06:52 PM in Off Topic

Is this any good? Is the Walther company a good airsoft manufacturer?

#37436 Best Airsoft Pistol?

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 18 September 2004 - 11:33 AM in Off Topic

Is this any good? It looks like the same brand but has a higher fps

#37335 Best Airsoft Pistol?

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 16 September 2004 - 10:12 PM in Off Topic

For all of you out there that are into airsoft I am interested in knowing what the best clear spring airsoft pistol for 40 bucks and under is. It has to be clear because of my parents, and I don't want to get green gas because its so expensive but if you know of a green gas gun for 40 and under please post. Also this will be my first airsoft gun so keep that in mind. Please post a link as well. Thanks :ph34r:

#29663 Artic Camo :: Nite Finder

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 27 June 2004 - 10:44 AM in Modifications

Just be sure to use either a flat or glossy clearcoat to protect the paint, because that stuff can peel right off in extended use.

Do you have any recommendations for a good clear coating (in the form of spray paint), I just finished my NF? Also if part of the gun is metallic/glossy and part is flat, if i put a clear flat coating on the whole thing will it take away the metallic paints glossyness? (yes I know it's not a word)

#30831 Artic Camo :: Nite Finder

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 09 July 2004 - 09:31 PM in Modifications

Hey grinch I was just wondering, did you do a white coat first, before painting the camo, and then scrape/sand the parts where you wanted it to look "battered/worn" until you got down to the coat of white again?

#41838 Art

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 16 November 2004 - 10:44 PM in Off Topic

Nice stuff I also like the watercolors and although you feel pretty girly I really like drawing flowers or any still-life personally. I also draw, pastel, and charcoal just about anything that comes to mind or I see. Recently I've become really interested in Graffitti art and tagging (too bad its illegal) and of course I just love sketching up mods or homemade designs! Great topic I'm glad someone finally brought it up! ^_^

#27503 Arsenals

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 01 June 2004 - 09:33 PM in General Nerf

Here's mine:

PC: removable clip, air restrictors removed and bike tubed bladder.
RF20: air restrictors removed, bike tubed bladder, removable clip mod (broke after I took it apart, skips every 4 shots)
NF: crayola with black petg over, removed light added laser pointer with trigger off/on, and removed air restrictors.
TT: painted black, air restrictors removed. (currently dissasembled(I lost the spring)).
Fast Blast: painted black, removed air restrictors, cut down barrel lenght and improved range and accuracy?(yes I know it's weird)
Secret Strike: removed air restrictor.
Max D modified super soaker: barreled it, removable pump/shell, unbelievable ranges.

I also have three other NF in my posession to modify them for my friends.
small but adequate for me. :blush:

#27572 Arsenals

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 02 June 2004 - 07:30 PM in General Nerf

Holy shit I only have six in perfect working order, but they are all modified in some way. :o

#39438 Apples

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 20 October 2004 - 10:22 PM in General Nerf

What I do is paint all my darts bright orange and then on a hit some of the paint chips off and sticks to your clothing and unless your wearing bright orange it sticks out quite nicely.

#30346 Anyone In A Band?

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 04 July 2004 - 11:27 PM in Off Topic

I see ya got a trumpet in your band LDM, what kind of music are you guys playing?

#37447 Any In My Area?

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 18 September 2004 - 06:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah I could probably make it with about 5 other nerfer friends from seattle. ages 14-15. Pick a date and I'll see if it works, also come up with the rules you want, what type of game and such and email me.

#21987 Any Fremont Nerfers?

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 21 March 2004 - 10:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Fremont, Seattle?

#71265 An Actual "nite Finder" Mod

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 19 January 2006 - 05:48 PM in Modifications

Bondo is also a great tool for fixing holes, changing shapes, and filling stuff. For those of you who don't know what it is: it's used for autobody repair and can be found at any hardware shop, don't forget to buy the hardener though. It's a great way to make your mods look professional and just requires sandpaper a mixer and a ventilated room. It takes a little while to get good at it but once you do it looks absolutely amazing.

edit: all the materials can usually be found for 6 bucks (us) and can be used on at least 3 different gun mods. I do recommend buying 2 hardener packages though because you will often run out of that quicker than the actual bondo.

#43485 A New Form Of Homemade Dart

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 06 December 2004 - 11:40 PM in General Nerf

Yeah I know thats the one problem, I need to either make a mold and start molding plastice (unlikely but if I get motivated...) or find a place that sells them bulk for very cheap and just toss some of the erasers. Spectre, i'm not sure if your question is before you understood, but no the darts don't hurt more than a normal stefan.

edit: just to make sure you understand, the caps hole is smaller than the dart and the outside diamiter (sp) is the same of a dart so you can still push it all the way down a barrel and breech load it.

#43474 A New Form Of Homemade Dart

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 06 December 2004 - 09:31 PM in General Nerf

Ok Ive decided its finally time for me to give back to nerfhaven and tell you guys about this dart, Ive been making and using for about two years. Yeah sorry, Ive never thought of posting about it before (duh?!).

Anyway the dart is quite simple and best when used in 9/16 brass and a form of PETG i've been getting off a websit. The dart is extremely accurate, improves range greatly from my normal homemade darts and stock nerf darts, its also as fainful as a normal homemade. I tend to use this dart only in long range guns but it excels in all mini shooting guns.

The darts themselves are exactly 2 inches long and can be cut either from the ends of stock darts or foam backer rod (they perform about the same but if you cut the stock darts put a straw in to keep it stiff. The darts require no weight but they do require a blue plastic cap. These caps are sold as the covers for the plastic mechanical pencil eraser refill packs: Link (I know they are expensive but I buy the packs for the erasers anyway, they are really cheap if you buy them in large quantites at like costco)

You put the caps with the opening up and fill the cap partialy with hot glue then place the foam in it and twist it until it is all the way in.

Here are some pics of the cap and the darts:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21567 "new" Gun In Stores

Posted by CheeseNerfer on 17 March 2004 - 08:38 PM in General Nerf

Yeah I bought one of those. Theres no velcro, just suction cup darts to stick to the target. Anyway It is just a secret strike with target and new colors, but the range is amazing, 8 pumps gives you like 30 ft. and thats good for a tiny little gun. Unfortunately I pumped mine up like 12 times and it split part of the dart so it doesn't work anymore. For the $2.99 or whatever it was It's definately worth it for just having fun indoors. Plus I took out the air restrictor and that helped a lot!