Photo

Apples

works better than it sounds

21 replies to this topic

#1 1313

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 06:54 PM

Has anyone ever used chunks of apples as darts before? It workes well with brass or copper, as it "cuts" right into the apple, you stick the barrel an inch or so into the apple then pull it out at an angle, just push the apple chunk down the barrel with a stick or somthing. Its fun becaus its like paintball, it leaves a wet circle where the person was shot. If you live near an apple orchard like me, you can find TONS of bad apples for this.

#2 Malgaar

Malgaar

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 06:57 PM

Interesting idea. I totally would never, ever do that. Sticky barrels just aren't my thing--and washing out a barrel doesn't sound like a picnic either.

#3 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 07:45 PM

Oh my god! Finally, someone else! I do that too...

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#4 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:08 PM

I tend to only use them in a potato gun, when I’m out of the obvious ammo. But on a side note ball ammo works pretty well with your everyday potato gun, food for thought.

#5 Crimson Owl

Crimson Owl

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:25 PM

Call me a priss if you dare, but personally I'd rather avoid a mess. I like to think of myself as productively lazy, if I don't have to clean something, I can do something else that I enjoy.

#6 Zyzybalooba

Zyzybalooba

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:40 PM

I feel the same way about not wanting sticky barrels. Though if you want the wet spot when you hit somone, someone on these forums once recommended putting a sponge tip on your darts and wetting them before firing them. I haven't tired it yet, but it sounds like a good idea.

#7 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:17 PM

Another idea I’ve had would be to put a bit of Velcro on the end and have everyone wear something that the hook side would stick to, like sweat pants and shirts inside out. This would make telling of a hit rather easy, but the major drawback would be if the darts hit open skin it may leave a mark, not sure I may have to try this and get back to everyone

#8 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:22 PM

What I do is paint all my darts bright orange and then on a hit some of the paint chips off and sticks to your clothing and unless your wearing bright orange it sticks out quite nicely.
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#9 Malgaar

Malgaar

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 12:20 AM

*chuckles* Is that where you got your name?

#10 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 03:40 PM

We used to take pipes and stick them into avocados and use them as blowguns. Avocados hurt when you get shot with them. It's a lot better than eating them.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#11 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 04:01 PM

What I do is paint all my darts bright orange and then on a hit some of the paint chips off and sticks to your clothing and unless your wearing bright orange it sticks out quite nicely.

Thats pretty cool.
~Halfling

#12 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 04:42 PM

Me, I just sit in my basement with some stafans. Only they have nails coming outthe front. It's good for taget practice, not so much for wars though...

Edited by duce, 21 October 2004 - 04:43 PM.

"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#13 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 01:11 AM

:: Backs away from Ompa as he grins evilly and loads his new Apple Shotgun v1.1 ::
I dunno...frankly I'm kinda weirded out by that. Well I guess if your unnaturally sadistic it could be used for squirrel hunting:

"You want somma this, suckers? EH? Like apples? EAT SOMMA THIS!!"

Ehh....
Indiana '11

#14 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 02:10 AM

Stefans are cheap and easy to clean up.

Apples are tasty.

I use each of them for their original intended purposes. If you shoot chunks of random vegetable/fruit matter from your gun, I would go with a potato, then it wouldn't be as sticky as say, an apple.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#15 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 07:14 PM

I was thinking of cramming a matching fit dowel rod down meh spudcannon barell and see how many layers of whatever it can penetrate.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

#16 Drano

Drano

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:51 PM

if you use potatoes, instead of getting sticky sugar in your barrels, you'll get a bunch of starch in them, thats also quite disgusting.
how ya like them apples

but really
could you call it nerf anymore if you shot stuff other then foam?

#17 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:12 PM

One day me and my friends were in my living room deciding what to do when my mom brought in some cut up peaches or necterines something like that, and we just happened to be holding an array of max shots and 1500s so we looked at each other, picked teams and had a war with them. It was really messy but god damn it was worth it.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#18 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 06:03 PM

I hope your friends were a bunch of girls. Don't tell me they weren't. I can't even imagine a bunch of guys dripping with peaches.... ugh

I would stick to stefans anyday.. UNLESS YOU HAVE 6 GIRLS OVER WAITING TO BECOME DRIPPING WET WITH PEACHES!!!!

nevermind.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#19 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 08:23 PM

I would stick to stefans anyday.. UNLESS YOU HAVE 6 GIRLS OVER WAITING TO BECOME DRIPPING WET WITH PEACHES!!!!

nevermind.

I'll have to second that.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#20 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:00 PM

I have to pre-emptively strike this down;

Shutup Airapache.

Peaches... mmm.... You could try Pomegranates to get a cluster-like shot.

And now for something completely unrelated:

How well does packing snow in there, then grabbing the barrel to warm it up a bit and freezing the outer-most layer of snow work? Has anyone tried it?

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 23 October 2004 - 10:06 PM.

#21 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 03:49 PM

Ompa, I'm laughing. Ha. ha.
Indiana '11

#22 Ender

Ender

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:35 AM

I’m not sure if ice rounds are the way to go, sure your projectile would melt away leaving only a pool of water for the cops but shooting icicles at people or anything my hurt, plus you’ll shoot your eye out Ralfie.

Now if it is still a bit loose and not frozen I would imagine it would be like filling your moth with mash potatoes and then squeezing your checks, god I love animal house.

All in all the water could be harmful to the gun though, springs rust, maybe bad with pump guns, and the big one water and lube. It is such a hassle you got to put it on before you get in the water and that just kills the mood, well I guess you could put it once your in but man I wouldn’t recommend it. And they you have to get the non-water soluble kind of lube oh…….wait a minute my bad, wrong kind of advice here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users