Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:15 PM
So to fix them, I used pipe/tube fasteners at the ends of the bladder, keeping the old plugs in to keep in the pressure.
I plugged the air release with hot glue, since the cap at the end keeps the valve itself together. I put the plugs back in on both ends of the bladder, and then put on the fasteners around where the caps used to be.
I then put everything back in its place, making sure to remove the air restrictors from the turret assembly, which I had never done before.
I get a blistering 30 feet with it straight, and about 40 feet at an angle (about 35 degrees). Is the range really that sucky on everyone else's Wildfire?
Just thought I'd post my repair job for you guys to see; might come in handy for similar guns, like the RF20 or PowerClip. Let me know if you've had a similar problem, and thanks for any feedback. Sorry for the blurry pictures.
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC
Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:04 PM
Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:37 PM
Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.
Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:27 PM
Edited by CheeseNerfer, 22 March 2006 - 10:27 PM.
Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:02 PM
The range on that Wildfire should be a *little* bit better. Did you remove the air restrictors completely, or did you just remove the posts (leaving black "rings" in the turret)? If you removed the restrictors completely, range will actually decrease due to the lack of a seal.
Since the repair job has made it stronger than before, I'd recommend putting a bike-tire innertube around your bladder. It'll force the air out faster, and give you better results.
Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:15 PM
If you put the inner tube around the bladder would give you more power, but wouldn't you need to pump it alot more? Have you - or has anybody - ever done that mod to any of your guns? Not that I don't believe it'd work, i'm just curious as to how much your range is improved. I've got a wildfire, too, and i'm trying to figure out how to maximize it's range.
Posted 23 March 2006 - 03:35 PM
Actually, I first took out the air restrictors altogether, than Jangadance over at NHQ told me that I should leave them in, minus the posts. I did this, and the range and power improved slightly (I guess +5 feet). I may do the inner-tube idea, or maybe rubberband it, but I'm not overly concerned about it. I really just wanted to get it working for the next war I do, in case someone wanted to use it; and I was killing time by fixing it. I may band it or inner-tube it, but I'm not sure yet; good point though.
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC
Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:58 PM
*the comma is my friend
Edited by The_Trouble, 24 March 2006 - 09:00 PM.
Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:53 PM
Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:02 PM
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users