Starbuck's Content

There have been 249 items by Starbuck (Search limited from 08-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#77947 For The Chaingunners

Posted by Starbuck on 28 March 2006 - 06:56 PM in Modifications

I've seen people request the dimensions for the ammo belt used in the chain guns to make their own since chain is a precious commodity. Well, here are pictures to help you on your quest to make your Razorbeast growl.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Once you pull up the image, click on it to show the full size. The full size photos is almost scale of the real thing.

Enjoy!

#77626 Eagle Eye Mod

Posted by Starbuck on 25 March 2006 - 11:59 PM in Modifications

I was happy with the results it looks to go about 100+ feet.

How do you expect anyone to believe you? There is no possible way you are getting 100' from an Eagle Eye. Post a video of it shooting that far then I and others will beleive you.

Not totally impossible. I replaced the barrel on my girlfriend's and with a stefan, it gets in the lower 90s. As far as doing that with a stock dart as this man pictured... I have great doubt.

#77435 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by Starbuck on 24 March 2006 - 06:33 PM in General Nerf

...my girlfriend's.

Wait...your girlfriend Nerfs? Damn, you are a lucky bastard, now aren't you?

So, you have a massive arsenal, and a significant other who adds to it?

She's not so much a Nerfer as a modder. She really enjoys the modding side of Nerf, as do I. She also goes around to garage sales and picks up Nerf guns for me. So, she's really helped build the arsenal up.

And, yes... I'm a lucky bastard. ^_^

#77425 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by Starbuck on 24 March 2006 - 04:56 PM in General Nerf

Holy cow! Please tell me those are your entire clans' guns and not just yours!

Those guns are mine and my girlfriend's.

#77388 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by Starbuck on 24 March 2006 - 01:15 AM in General Nerf

Welcome to Artemis Arms...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#77239 At2k Barreled Nite Finder

Posted by Starbuck on 22 March 2006 - 06:24 PM in Modifications

Starbuck, I'm still working on barrel material. How much more expensive is copper than PVC? And, how well fit does the PVC have to be to the dart? I took a couple stefans to Menard's and Home Depot and the 1/2" PVC they had was either too big or too small; I didn't see any 3/4" thickwall.

(Nice triple torch!)

Usually friend, copper isn't used as barrel material. I've seen some copper and used it once myself, however brass is the better suited metallic material. Just to be honest with you, I'd use 1/2" CPVC. It's cheap and plentiful. Best of luck to you.

#76921 At2k Barreled Nite Finder

Posted by Starbuck on 19 March 2006 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

Ah, yes...

I did this a long time ago and never posted pics. Try adding 1/2" CPVC barrels to the turret. Drop the markers. Those are for art class.

#76860 Hcml Breech Write-up

Posted by Starbuck on 19 March 2006 - 01:27 PM in Modifications

I like it.

All she needs is a magazine system.

#75987 Nerf Armor

Posted by Starbuck on 12 March 2006 - 10:29 PM in Homemades

Pwnt!

#74970 Who Are You?

Posted by Starbuck on 02 March 2006 - 07:26 PM in General Nerf

Option #11- Hybrid

One who spends most of his Nerf time on modifications and Nerfs in one season of the year.

Yeah, that's me. I spend most of my Nerf time modding guns or coming up with different ideas and such. The only time we Nerf around here is in the spring. During summer, everyone is gone on vacation. In the fall, we have football. Winter is too cold for most of the fellers around here. Spring, then is left as open Nerf season. Usually there are one to three large scale deals and five or six smaller sha-bangs. I used to be a "Nerfer" because I modded, I Nerfed regularly, and I was an admin at Nerf Online, but that was all before things went askew.

#74484 Your Choice Of Weapons

Posted by Starbuck on 26 February 2006 - 11:56 PM in General Nerf

I'd go light.

I'd carry my T-26 SM1k Carbine with 15 clips (three micro stefans per clip). I'd also take as a sidearm my Bulldog NF or DT3 pistol with 15 mega stefans.

If I wanted to do some real damage, I'd take my Titan anti-personnel rifle with 5 clips (6 rounds per clip) and attach the Bulldog to the Titan for easy access.

Yeah... my Mountain rifle could shoot a Gundam down...

#73788 Long Term Effects Of Bugee/bands

Posted by Starbuck on 21 February 2006 - 05:21 PM in Modifications

In my experience, rubber bands are a good way to increase range, but have had several guns' plungers break over time. I've had several Sharpshooter IIs go down like this and one Nite Finder.

When you're not using your gun, I recommend that you take off the rubber bands.

#73782 Non-manual Loading

Posted by Starbuck on 21 February 2006 - 02:55 PM in Homemades

Here's my inernal box magazine on a SuperMaxx1000:
T-26 Carbine

Here's my clip fed anti-personnel rifle:
Mountain Rifle

#73750 Can Any One Tell Me What Gun This Is?

Posted by Starbuck on 20 February 2006 - 11:19 PM in General Nerf

This is my mod:

Tech Target

Myself and many others have found this mod to be very simple and very effective.

#73740 Clip Materials

Posted by Starbuck on 20 February 2006 - 09:12 PM in Modifications

I use cassette tape casing for all my clips. They fit micros well and with minor adjuments, fit megas.

#73646 Rushing Weapons

Posted by Starbuck on 20 February 2006 - 12:08 AM in General Nerf

I'm a fan of the Razorbeast as a "squad automatic weapon". I made a box magazine that holds about a 30 round belt of ammo that works wonders. Lays down a nice blanket of fire. Range isn't bad... upwards of 60 some feet.

Posted Image

The Artemis Arms MG-RzB and MG-RzB Mk. 2
Click above for more info.

#73140 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by Starbuck on 14 February 2006 - 05:56 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, I agree... like I said, I was just speculating. I was merely stating of how it all sounded to me.

#73100 Presenting The Snap-2

Posted by Starbuck on 13 February 2006 - 10:19 PM in Homemades

I like it. I've got a replica Sten on the way, but my mag is mounted on the side and is removeable.

If you'd like an upgrade on the magazine, PM me. I can help you build one with a spring so you don't have to mount it atop and it's removeable. This cuts down on the mag being in your line of sight and is much easier to negotiate.

#73064 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by Starbuck on 13 February 2006 - 04:51 PM in General Nerf

Pump up the action with the NERF DART TAG MAGSTRIKE blaster, the first NERF rapid fire blaster with a clip reloading system!

The NERF N-STRIKE LONGSHOT CS-6... And, with an awesome reloading clip system, refilling your blaster has never been faster.

Hmm... the more I read this and the more that I think about it (I know speculation isn't good)...

It sounds like the magazine system uses stripper clips sorta' like my SuperMaxx 1000 (seen here). They call them reloading clips implying they're used for reload only and not as a functioning part of the gun.

The Powerclip used a clip that was a fuctioning part of the gun, but was not first to use a clip. The Sawtooth used the clip system and its clips were functioning pieces of the gun. It says the Magstrike is the first with "clip reloading system" which sounds like stripper clips.

#73053 Old Larami Gun

Posted by Starbuck on 13 February 2006 - 03:08 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, I had half a gun. I was missing pretty much everything.

I would only do my mod if your cylinder was broken or parts were missing.

Anyway... yeah, you can order the darts from Hasbro or make your own Laramis. But, if you actually plan on using the SM1k in a war, I'd suggest modding the gun to fire micros. That is, if you don't care to mod one of the more rare guns.

#72931 Auto Dart Tag Guns

Posted by Starbuck on 12 February 2006 - 02:11 PM in Modifications

So what you're trying to do is make it so that when the gun is fired, the rubber bands pull the slide thus cocking it. What you're getting into is perpetual motion, friend. And thus far... man has yet to make a perpetual motion device that works.

#72827 Holsters & Ammo Holders

Posted by Starbuck on 11 February 2006 - 02:34 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

There's a setup I've used in the past. Those are M-14 mag pouches. Fit PC clips like a dream.

#72825 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by Starbuck on 11 February 2006 - 02:17 AM in General Nerf

It's not the size that matters... it's how you use it...
Sorry I couldn't resist.
What made me wonder is the description of the Longshot; that it separates into two independant guns. Kinda reminds me of the old Defender T3 of the Cyber Strike series, but that's going waaaay back.

I use a DT3. Gah, that's a good gun if you know how to mod it.

Be pretty nifty to have an upgrade.

#72796 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by Starbuck on 10 February 2006 - 06:05 PM in General Nerf

They've paid attention to our magazine fed weapons. I said a long time ago that single shot weapons were slowly going out. I hope these can be modded.

The CS sounds like it could replace the Crossbow if it's moddable. Clip fed, working scope, bi pod?! Wow... I'm impressed with Nerf's progress. It could turn out to be junk, but hey... I couldn't have imagined them marketing anything like this.

#72695 First Attempt At A Homebrew Gun

Posted by Starbuck on 08 February 2006 - 10:54 PM in Homemades

I've been looking at what you guys have been doing with springs and clothespins, and I decided that I'm going to make one (To start with) of these kinda things. Just gotta wait to go to the hardware store tomorrow. Just had to satisfy my creativity with modeling an idea in 3-d.

I figure since you guys have been posting 3-d models of stuff you plan on making, I'd post my concept also.
Posted Image

I'm thinking 1 1/4" SCH 40 Pvc Pipe for the main compression chamber, and 1/2" CPVC Pipe for the barrel/charging rod. (Yes, They are compatable if you do some modding) Then use your clothespin trigger system with a iron trigger, then use a spring clip made with acrylic and wood. (Already got this from a failed experiment). I figure if it's not too big, I can use it as a sidearm, or if it turns out too big, put a stock on it and use it as a primary. That is, IF it gets decent range when I'm finished.

Haha, good concept, but hold that thought...

I've got one nearly identical to that in the works. About another week or so and it'll be released commercially.

#72678 First Attempt At A Homebrew Gun

Posted by Starbuck on 08 February 2006 - 08:35 PM in Homemades

On homemades I use brass since it fits darts a bit looser than CPVC.

#72527 Need Expert Advice On Some Important (to Me) Mods

Posted by Starbuck on 06 February 2006 - 06:20 PM in Modifications

Already sent you a PM over on NHQ.

#72521 Other Nerf Forums?

Posted by Starbuck on 06 February 2006 - 06:11 PM in Off Topic

TINH is anothe site, but it's primary purpose is to help people modify guns.

TINH

#72417 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Starbuck on 05 February 2006 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

I don't care about your shield.

Congrats, you're retarded.

#72342 Counter Strike Anyone?

Posted by Starbuck on 05 February 2006 - 02:04 AM in Off Topic

I play. I'm zH-[The Noid].

I'm also a fiend at DoD. Don't mess with me and my M1 Carbine.

#72324 Artemis Arms Luger Model #2

Posted by Starbuck on 04 February 2006 - 10:58 PM in Modifications

Thanks everyone.

I got the back sights off of an old air rifle. The front is a custom build.

Poo, I'm currently building another... it might be up on the block.

#72280 Artemis Arms Luger Model #2

Posted by Starbuck on 04 February 2006 - 05:08 PM in Modifications

Well, to drop a round into the barrel is easy, but to get the full range out of the gun, you need to place the round down in the barrel. To do this with CPVC, you'd have to use a ramrod. The breech allows the round to be placed in the prime spot for max distance.

#72278 Artemis Arms Luger Model #2

Posted by Starbuck on 04 February 2006 - 04:59 PM in Modifications

As many of you have seen before, I made a Luger Artillery replica a while ago. It's a great pistol, but now days, I feel that muzzle loading Nerf weapon are quickly fading out with the advent of the bolt action and breech.

I just recently completed an installation of updated componets to the Luger. Here's the new Artemis Arms P-08 Luger, Model #2, Officer's Improved.

Posted Image
This is the original Luger. It was a muzzle loading pistol with great accuracy.

Posted Image
Now, here's the Officer's Improved model. I took a 2.5" piece of 1/2" PVC and bored it out with a 5/8 drill bit on a drill press. I found that this fits 1/2" CPVC great. I then took a 7.5" piece of 1/2" CPVC and cut a 2" breech in it and glued it to the Luger. I then cut a breech hole on the 1/2" PVC the same size as on the 1/2" CPVC and slip the PVC over it. I then added my sights and taped it all up.

Posted Image
To load the Luger, simply twist the 1/2" PVC around so that the breech is open. Drop in a round and twist again to close it. This speeds up reloading quite a bit.

Feel free to ask questions. Hope you've enjoyed another Artemis Arms creation.

Posted Image

#72157 Sawtooth Mod: Big Clip

Posted by Starbuck on 02 February 2006 - 07:03 PM in Modifications

Well done, Baggie.

I've done this with two clips before, I felt three was somewhat cumbersome. Might I suggest a Monoblast(shot?) spring for the Sawtooth. That's what I did with mine and it gets much better ranges and adds some surprising zip. Again, well done.

#72026 Supermaxx 5000 "roadblocker"

Posted by Starbuck on 31 January 2006 - 08:29 PM in Modifications

.5" round.

Megas are 5/8". The pipe's actual inside diameter is in the .6-.7 range. When I get home I'll check my picket ref.

EDIT: check out this link for info about pipe diameter and thickness, and an explanation for why it's so far off from the nominal pipe size:
http://www.gizmology.net/pipe.htm

I should have explained what I meant. I call 5/8" megas .50 cals or "half-inch" because I use .5" PVC on the barrels. My apologies.

#71998 Supermaxx 5000 "roadblocker"

Posted by Starbuck on 31 January 2006 - 03:11 PM in Modifications

Well done, Piney. I'm glad I inspired a great work of art. I love the stock on the SM5k. I honestly think that megas are better than micros. I know I'm converting a lot of my guns to the .5" round.

PM me when you start making a magazine for it. I might have some stuff to help you there.

And once again, excellent work.

#71935 Mmm... Firepower...

Posted by Starbuck on 30 January 2006 - 04:28 PM in Off Topic

Eh, yeah... she's a Mauser. Definitely my favorite handgun ever. You'd better be saving up for a while, because they're really expensive now days and are semi-rare. But, once you get one, it's a beauty. I believe it is one of the only guns to have a massive muzzle flash visible during broad day light. I've read accounts where a "massive fireball" exits the muzzle. Quite neat.

#71913 Mmm... Firepower...

Posted by Starbuck on 29 January 2006 - 10:29 PM in Off Topic

I love FN weapons. I'd love to find an FN-BAR. It was the American BAR, but improved. Those things are incredibly rare. Ever seen an FN-Five Seven? Oh gees those things are sweet.

LastMan, you can find Carcanos at a reasonable price at gun shows. They run around here in Tennessee from $50-$150. The ammo is somewhat scare in these parts, but the internet offers lots of ammo sellers.

I'm looking to buy a P-38 Walther here soon. I've found one for $340, so that might be my next pistol.

#71898 Mmm... Firepower...

Posted by Starbuck on 29 January 2006 - 07:38 PM in Off Topic

Oh... my father picked it up several years back...

He paid about a fourth of what it's worth today. I'm trying to find an original military bipod for it, but those run $200 which I don't have.

I'm glad you like it.

#71882 Mmm... Firepower...

Posted by Starbuck on 29 January 2006 - 06:04 PM in Off Topic

I listed my Pre-1945 collection earlier this month. I told you all that I'd get around to showing you some of my more modern things... so here they are.

Posted Image
This is my FN-FAL in LMG setup. It has an adapter that the Canadians made to convert it into a belt fed machine gun. It still can use magazines, too. It's in .308 NATO and was manufactured in Canada and yes... she's full auto. *grins and holds up Class III license*

Posted Image
Here's my Simonov Carbine (SKS). It was made in Russia in 1966. It was modified by the East Germans to accept AK-47 mags. It's semi auto, but is still fun to shoot. It's chambered for 7.62x39.

I still have more, but they're way back in the gun safe. Hope you enjoyed it.