Photo

Eagle Eye Mod

28 replies to this topic

#1 hokiefan0705

hokiefan0705

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:15 PM

I went to Home Depot today. i was looking around and then i saw some plastic plumbing. I took a dart out of my pocket and it was a perfect fit!
Posted Image
plastic plumbing
Posted Image
Dart in tubing
I then decidided to mod my eagle Eye (shoots mega darts).I sawed off the barrel and glued the new tubing on. then i wraped the Tubing in electrical tape. Then I added amo holsters out of Markers and glued them on to the sided of the gun
Posted Image

Posted Image

I was happy with the results it looks to go about 90 feet. I will get back yo you on the ranges manana (tommrow)

sorry about not having internal pictures, I could not take it apart because tape was covering light.

Edited by hokiefan0705, 26 March 2006 - 03:57 PM.

Cubs in 2012

#2 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:46 PM

I was happy with the results it looks to go about 100+ feet.

How do you expect anyone to believe you? There is no possible way you are getting 100' from an Eagle Eye. Post a video of it shooting that far then I and others will beleive you.
"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 11:59 PM

I was happy with the results it looks to go about 100+ feet.

How do you expect anyone to believe you? There is no possible way you are getting 100' from an Eagle Eye. Post a video of it shooting that far then I and others will beleive you.

Not totally impossible. I replaced the barrel on my girlfriend's and with a stefan, it gets in the lower 90s. As far as doing that with a stock dart as this man pictured... I have great doubt.
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#4 Deaths Avatar

Deaths Avatar

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:03 AM

I was happy with the results it looks to go about 100+ feet. I will get back yo you on the ranges manana (tommrow)

This leads me to believe that he has not actually measured ranges and this is just an estimate, that he plans to correct with actual measurements tomorrow. Maybe we should let him actually make a claim before we refute him? I do have my doubts, but we will let the measurements of the morning tell!

-DA

#5 hokiefan0705

hokiefan0705

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:35 AM

I will get back yo you on the ranges manana (tommrow)

Wow, first of all i use stefans, second of all give me a day to do results because i posted this at 10 pm last night. From all the range tests i have done this one looks to go really far.

I just did ranges and dart tag bullets went 80+ and then stefans went 90+.

Edited by hokiefan0705, 26 March 2006 - 10:39 AM.

Cubs in 2012

#6 MAC

MAC

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:54 PM

Still not possible. You must have angled it.

#7 Deaths Avatar

Deaths Avatar

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:18 PM

Still not possible. You must have angled it.

I guess I missed the part where he said that he didn't...

Anyway, it sounds like an interesting idea for a barrel material. The only thing about it is that it appears to curve upward a bit (from being rolled up as the tubing). Does the curve of the tubing create any issue? If not, sweet. If it does, you might try sticking it inside some PVC (or other rigid tubing of the sort). Spiffy idea sir.

-DA

#8 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:34 PM

The standard for measuring ranges has been for a long time, is and always will be, to shoot the gun level to the ground. It's possible to get 80'+ out of an Eagle Eye angled, but if you were to measure it flat it would be in the 60s or 70s.

Nice mod. I've seen that type of tubing at my local Lowe's near the vinyl. I never thought to use it as a barrel material though, figured it would have too much friction like vinyl tubing.
SexD Warves

#9 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:49 PM

Ya I have used that tubing before. I was trying to create like a "sneakshot" type gun where you can bend the barrel, but it wasn't too sucessful. That barrel material it OKAY. I have found a really cool barrel material that is better than cpvc, brass, PETG, and pvc. It comes in stock mega size and stock micro / stefan size. It comes from one of those little kids plastic golf clubs. If it okay with hokiefan, I get get some pics up. Hokie let me know if I can get some pics up in your topic.
EDIT- fixed spelling

Edited by nerfer34, 26 March 2006 - 02:49 PM.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#10 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:54 PM

Those ranges are BS. I also never beleave anyone who refers to NERF darts as bullets.

#11 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 03:40 PM

Those ranges are BS. I also never beleave anyone who refers to NERF darts as bullets.

My one old friend called our Stefans "Nerf bullets" and his crayolla'd EX-3 Nf went about 150' flat, so I wouldn't say that about someone (just joking).
Anyway, I do not believe your ranges. It's a nice mod but don't carry it too far. Because 80'=100+' is just dumb. Unless they were angled.

Carry on, with modding.
Nerf on-ith
Been a while.
#bro

#12 Rip32

Rip32

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 03:41 PM

I would catagorize that as a pointless flame, thats not even spelled correctly.
http://www.break.com...iencechild.html
Funniest video ever. This kid needs some serious help

#13 hokiefan0705

hokiefan0705

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 03:43 PM

there is a sharpshooter II spring in it, and I am serious about the ranges to, there not BS. I angled a couple of shots and those were my furthest ones 90 ft and 80ft.

Edited by hokiefan0705, 26 March 2006 - 03:46 PM.

Cubs in 2012

#14 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 03:59 PM

I would catagorize that as a pointless flame, thats not even spelled correctly.

It wasnt a pointless flame.

Angled with a SSII spring makes a little more sence. You need to state that when posting ranges.

#15 sistermol

sistermol

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:55 PM

Okay has anyone but him shot the gun no I don't think so he might be telling the truth it is his gun if he brings it to a war and it doesn't shoot that far then you can start saying it's B.S.
Without darkness how would we recognize the light?

#16 Deaths Avatar

Deaths Avatar

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:06 PM

The standard for measuring ranges has been for a long time, is and always will be, to shoot the gun level to the ground.

Ah. Good to know, I apologize for my incorrect assumption.

Does the dart fit snug (as in PVC or other "tight" barrels), or is it a looser fit? I might consider picking some up at yonder ACE hardware. Im still curious as to what affect the curve in the tubing has, guess Ill have to go find out.

-DA

#17 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

We dont need to see his particular blaster. I hate when people say that. I own an Eagle Eye and I own a SSII. I know how both blasters work and I know them inside and out. The point is people have knowlage about blasters and what can be done to them so we know if a certain blaster can get certain ranges or not. A plain barrel modded EE can not get that much range. Untill only recently did he then change his story ( wich is always typical in these situations ) to it having a SSII spring and the shots being angled.

Edited by NinjZ, 26 March 2006 - 05:10 PM.

#18 hokiefan0705

hokiefan0705

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:12 PM

You can't really get rid of the curve, but if yoo use only 6 or 8 inches it becomes pretty straight. Also if you hot glue the tubing in the gun then it is becomes really straight. Most of my darts fit in really snug, it is about the same size as a crayola, but a little smaller.

I did shoot it in a gym so therefore, there was no wind affecting it in a negative, or positive way.

Edited by hokiefan0705, 26 March 2006 - 05:14 PM.

Cubs in 2012

#19 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:15 PM

You could also nest it inside some other piping to keep it strait as others have done with it before.

#20 MAC

MAC

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:37 PM

I've used similar tubing and found that it fits tightly inside 1/2 pvc.

#21 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:08 PM

I know why he is getting pretty good ranges. It is because his barrel is curved like an inch up so basically when you measure FLAT you are really measuring ANGLED.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#22 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:12 PM

i bet that gym thing is total BS
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#23 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:15 PM

Does this tubing have a very high amount of friction like vinyl? Do you have to twist the darts in? If not, this could be a very good barrel material.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 26 March 2006 - 07:16 PM.

SexD Warves

#24 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:21 PM

Guys, enough about arguing over ranges. It doesn't get us anywhere. The point has been argued through and through for ages.

1/2 pvc tubing eh? I may have to try that; my ACE has tons of that tubing.

~ompa

#25 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:57 PM

I agree with ompa, arguing never gets anything done. I mean, look at the French Revolution, what did arguing do to help liberty win its way through France, eh?

Onto my original point, what was the name of that gun that could angle its barrel to shoot around corners? I might try to recreate such a thing except better.

Post #200!

Edited by murakumo32, 26 March 2006 - 08:02 PM.

Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users