Y-Brik's Content

There have been 145 items by Y-Brik (Search limited from 19-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#312703 INO. A March '12 War!

Posted by Y-Brik on 11 March 2012 - 08:56 AM in Nerf Wars

Thanks! And you left your ball valve, I can hold it for you, unless you would like me to ship it.

I knew I was gonna forget something!
As long as it's not attached to clear pvc, it'd be cheaper for me to just grab a new one. If it's just the valve, you can have it.

#312711 INO. A March '12 War!

Posted by Y-Brik on 11 March 2012 - 01:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Yah, it's just the valve, you let my dad borrow it for Zombies.

Then consider it a bribe to host another war

#312689 INO. A March '12 War!

Posted by Y-Brik on 10 March 2012 - 09:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay! It was awesome to get nerfing this year- now on to the obligatory pros and cons

+ Mod party
+ Meeting cool nerfers
+ Meeting nerfers under 13 who were cool (It happens people!)
+ My primaries not breaking
+ Enough darts to go around despite my shameless mooching
+ Getting great stuff in trade/sales
+ Good rounds (Zombies, team deathmatch)
+ Pink darts
+ Great location

- Pattycake
- Hummer getting shot to hell in zombies
- Technology
- Location was a home- different than a field!
- Will the real host please stand up?

All in all a great time, looking forward to INO 2

#303336 Imperial RCB

Posted by Y-Brik on 14 August 2011 - 07:36 PM in Homemades

Cool stuff, man. I like the minimal e-tape usage in combining the parts around the catch. However, you seem to have missed (picture)
It's a Ring Catch Blaster that was posted quite a while ago as you can see, and it utilizes parts readily available in the U.S. Here is mine that I posted a bit over a month ago

//Stuff about differences in designs//

Eh, I'll join in with the dickwaving- mine was finished in March, and is a direct copy adaptation of Ragrizinferno's build on the Nrev. Venom, yours is gorgeous, but it's begging for clear tees too.

#303232 Imperial RCB

Posted by Y-Brik on 11 August 2011 - 11:33 PM in Homemades

Great find with the reducers- is it a snug fit or still a bit wobbly w/o the etape?
Also, I think this will be the go-to way to make a plunger rod for these things- same price as 5' of nylon or delrin (not counting tax and shipping) and with much more useful leftover! I assume you're using this with a full [k26]?

Also, what's with the funky 1.5" thinwall color?

#303286 Imperial RCB

Posted by Y-Brik on 12 August 2011 - 11:07 PM in Homemades

It's worth noting where you've sourced your PVC- Home Depot, Lowes, and Ace all carry slightly different styles of fittings, some of which suit our needs more than others. I'm guessing you got these from Ace?

#301378 Illinois Foam Fest Six: Part 2

Posted by Y-Brik on 11 July 2011 - 10:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Pending work schedule I want to be there!
EDIT: I'm free, though I may be a bit late.

#301707 Illinois Foam Fest Six: Part 2

Posted by Y-Brik on 17 July 2011 - 06:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Good to get out and nerf again

Pros:
+field testing the GheTurret worked well
+friends, cool group of guys (and failkid...)
+rocking the Recon
+Blowing up water jugs
+Someone donating to the "we're dying and need water" fund
+Gatorade

Cons
-hot
-no ammo
-3:15
-rounds turning into firing squads
-hot
-Indiana crew leaving early
-Lots of downtime
-HOT

ALSO- I recieced one blue NF from Wicket and it somehow duplicated itself- if anyone is missing an NF, pm me!

#301674 Illinois Foam Fest Six: Part 2

Posted by Y-Brik on 16 July 2011 - 11:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I can't guarantee smooching, but I will have darts avaliable.

Unfortunate typo there buddy.
I'll be there, +2. I'm low on supplies! Need darts and only have 2 primaries (one of which is questionable) working right now

Also, Wicket, the LS is all yours, was it $10 we agreed on?

#300921 Illinois Foam Fest Six

Posted by Y-Brik on 03 July 2011 - 12:45 AM in Nerf Wars

FFFFFFFUUUUUUU
I'll be in Wisconsin then. Have fun dammit!

#292094 Illinois Foam Fest Six

Posted by Y-Brik on 02 January 2011 - 06:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a likely. Knex- the ILFF I was at averaged at age 15, I think the youngest was like 10 and the oldest was college-age, with a good distribution in the middle.

#294777 Illinois Foam Fest Six

Posted by Y-Brik on 20 February 2011 - 03:36 PM in Nerf Wars

I like more wars. April and June work (Try to avoid Brickworld weekend- it's the last weekend in June- if possible). Lemme know when as soon as possible so I can get outta work!

#288638 Illinois Foam Fest 4

Posted by Y-Brik on 20 November 2010 - 12:47 AM in Nerf Wars

It looks like I may be able to go to this one! Work scheduale looks clear anyway!
EDIT: Looked clear- I start work @ 3. Can probably make it till 1 ish

#288355 Illinois Foam Fest 4

Posted by Y-Brik on 13 November 2010 - 02:47 PM in Nerf Wars

My apologies for the double post, but this question needs to be asked. What date works better for you guys, Saturday November 27th, or Sunday November 28th?

Saturdays are great assuming I can get out of work. Sundays I don't usually work, but it's hard ditching church for a nerf war (Yeah, my priorities are all messed up, I know).

#289220 Illinois Foam Fest 4

Posted by Y-Brik on 28 November 2010 - 01:51 AM in Nerf Wars

Fantastic war. Will add my +/- when I get some sleep after working 9.5 FUCKING HOURS! (need sleep....)

#287930 Illinois Foam Fest 4

Posted by Y-Brik on 04 November 2010 - 06:27 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll try, though Sunday wars are best held after noon for me. White foam will suck here depending on snowfall!
[/quote] Are marshmallows acceptable ammunition?[quote]
Seconded! Though frozen mallows may be a bit painful!

#283689 Hvz Next Gun

Posted by Y-Brik on 21 August 2010 - 06:18 PM in General Nerf

Given the need for quick reload in HvZ, I would recommend the shell-less Barrel Break over the Doubleshot, and the AR and raider over both. If you go clip system, try to keep is consistent so you can swap mags when needed.

#291272 Hopper Clip For Stock Tagger Darts

Posted by Y-Brik on 21 December 2010 - 01:19 AM in Darts and Barrels

Found 'em at Loews next to the grey conduit PVC (go figure) in the electrical aisle for about $0.80 each. Kinda expensive as fittings go, but useful. They make great choppers too.

EDIT-oops, I thought we were talking about the other exotic part. Yeah, haven't seen any purple PVC at Loews....

#280069 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Y-Brik on 12 July 2010 - 05:12 PM in Homemades

First post!
Posted Image
My adapted SNAP. Features 1.5" PVC plunger tube, new (To my knowledge) handle mount, and easy field stripping thanks to the way the stock is screwed onto the endcap. The gun field strips with 2 screws- there's only 4 total (not counting the stock).
Posted Image
The handle slots onto ridges cut into the PVC (This is one of the reasons it uses 1.5" PVC; 1.25" PVC is just too small. The slots are measured out to accept a LSFG handle, but mine broke (Damn you China!) and the PVC one serves me well.

Posted Image
8 round RSCB attachment with tacticool flashlight E-taped on. Stupid Windows photo gallery made the stock look crooked; it's not.
Ranges are ROUGHLY measured at 100'+

#296723 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Y-Brik on 27 March 2011 - 09:25 PM in Homemades

Made one of these things. I like Hippo's name of RingCatch Pump (RCP)
Posted Image
Uses [k26] over a nylon plunger rod, a skirt seal, Sch80 for the catch ring, and Ace#2 for the primary catch spring. It's held together with #6 wood screws, countersunk of course.
Posted Image
(Holes are drilled for a string stop; I have to get around to installing it)
I got my magic thinwall PVC at Do It Best- 10' for $4, you can order online and have it shipped to your local store free!

#288359 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Y-Brik on 13 November 2010 - 03:48 PM in Homemades

Posted Image
Little discovery- 45 degree PVC bell curves in the conduit section work great on choppers- it's made to funnel wires around a curve and works just as well with darts. I lopped about an inch off the male end (insert jokes here) of mine to keep a low profile, and used a little etape on clip and bell curve to keep everything snug.
Now, to an actual homemade- I got an ObsoleteBow awhile ago and have been making small adjustments to it.

Posted Image
The PVC foregrip is based around a 3/4"x1/2" PVC tee. Also, if you're building one of these (Why? There are RainBows now!), use 5/8" long screws on all nylon rod connections, and use lockwashers.
Posted Image
There's a new (to my knowledge) spring spacer- my long-winded description is on my flickr post. Spring now hits full compression, and the thing shoots hard.

#328489 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Y-Brik on 02 April 2013 - 08:40 AM in Homemades

Gave my old and busted +Bow some love over Spring Break
Posted Image

That's 2"x1/8" aluminum strapping from Depot, cost me $8. And will never break.
Also, wood stock!
Posted Image

#304877 Homemade Ren Fair Firearms

Posted by Y-Brik on 20 September 2011 - 10:14 PM in Homemades

build replica black-powder firearms with fully functioning mechanisms that shoot Nerf darts...

This is where you lost us. It seems you are not another 12-year old who wants a 1337 snypor like he saw in COD, but combustion in a nerf gun...never happens. Look at the recent thread about propane power to understand how squeamish we are about these things.

tl;dr- You're wrong. But you don't seem to be a moron. Lurk and see who we are, try to contribute to that.

#295188 High Volume Springer, Easy To Make And Cheap Version Of +bows And Snap

Posted by Y-Brik on 01 March 2011 - 11:34 AM in Modifications

I like the use of aluminum U-channel for the plunger rod, though I have a sinking suspicion that what works in metric won't work in Imperial. Worth looking though. As for the rest of the plunger, props for creativity but I think buying a slab of 1.25" PVC with the appropriate bushing will end up cheaper than gutting an $8-10 ballpump.

EDIT: I've been doing too many homemades lately, Jaybo's right to use 1" thinwall or PETG. Nerfgeek, don't forget the U-channel ($8-ish) and spring in your costs tally. And try Petco for your PETG.

#320662 Hey Guys, iNerfHaven Dev Here UPDATED ANDROID VERSION TO BETA 4

Posted by Y-Brik on 19 August 2012 - 12:05 AM in General Nerf

1.Your image link is broken
2.All the cool nerds use Android

EDIT:
1: pix work now, redacted
2: Develop for whatever you like, and props for actually putting the effort in. If/when you get an Android port, I will gladly try it. Regardless of which OS is overhyped into a religion.

#291823 Has Anybody Tried To Shorten The Stroke Of A Stampede?

Posted by Y-Brik on 29 December 2010 - 09:59 PM in Modifications

Seeing as voltage mods up the ROF to the max allowed by CS-style blasters, I see little point in this, especially since it decreases range in the process. I'd stick with the "spring, seal, and voltage mods".

#300189 Happy Birthday To WicketTheModder619

Posted by Y-Brik on 19 June 2011 - 11:53 PM in Off Topic

I'll bite. Happy birthday Wicket, may your cake not be a lie!

#294841 Happy 17th!

Posted by Y-Brik on 21 February 2011 - 06:16 PM in Off Topic

69?
Happy birthday Jake!

#312695 Habitat for Humanity

Posted by Y-Brik on 10 March 2012 - 10:24 PM in Off Topic

Pay for it yourself.

Good to know the Internet hasn't changed

Louie- This is a great thing you're doing, you have my respect and prayers. I do think, however, that going to IN is a bit unnecessary- there's plenty of places locally that need the help just as much (chicago- nuff said) while redirecting funds from gas to...you know...helping people. I hope your school will consider that on its next trip.

#289056 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by Y-Brik on 27 November 2010 - 08:57 AM in Modifications

Have you ever held a gyroscope? They have this funny property of not wanting to be moved, so they cut down on the movement the gun goes through, theoretically making it more stable and accurate. Megaprops for building this Mega, but I get the feeling this is a high-work low-payoff sorta build.
EDIT: @Nerfer91's sig- It's the SEARS Tower dammit, the SEARS tower!

#286182 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Y-Brik on 27 September 2010 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

Responding to question:
Home depot has CPVC. Ask someone or look harder. In my store it's stacked vertically next to the copper pipe. You need CPVC if you want to fire stefans; I don't think anyone has done a PVC singled LS. Oh, and judging by your post quality, the LS may not be the gun for you to mod. Have you even opened the thing? Is it your first mod? If the answers are what I think they are, forget it. Go get a 4B or a NF and learn before you try such a complex mod.

#298420 Grenade Launcher

Posted by Y-Brik on 22 May 2011 - 09:28 PM in Homemades

Cool story bro. FYI, we like pics over a wall of text.
EDIT: missed the 'PS'

#289853 Forget This

Posted by Y-Brik on 03 December 2010 - 12:33 AM in Modifications

Welcome to the Haven, remember that self sufficiency is KING here- you will get to know the search function, the various directories, and if all else fails, the IRC (Search it- its good practice!) very well. Posting new threads for questions that can be answered in under 5 min of searching usually result in snide answers (like Philly's), and possibly disciplinary action- don't get yourself axed!
Also, nobody here really uses the emoticons, so don't amplify the newbishness.
Again, welcome to the Haven, don't get yourself kicked out again.

#324859 Dremel Recommendations

Posted by Y-Brik on 28 December 2012 - 11:58 PM in Modifications

I use This One, which I got at Target for ~$30. It's served me well for years. Totally compatible with all Dremel brand stuff.

#294824 Dekalb Area War Of Nerf, July 23rd

Posted by Y-Brik on 21 February 2011 - 01:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Hooray for wars! I'm in as a likely

#295533 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Y-Brik on 07 March 2011 - 09:09 PM in Darts and Barrels

I know my local Hobby Lobby sells craft foam in 2mm (standard) and 3mm(THICK) varieties (It's like a 12/18 sheet for $1) if you want more padding, though I feel the 2mm should suffice.
I love this idea, methinks we have a true evolution of the Slug (and homemade dart in general) here.

#292096 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Y-Brik on 02 January 2011 - 06:57 PM in Homemades

My first snap relied on hotglue. That didnt even last a whole war. My next attempt involved zipties, which I recommended for strength, and later I swapped them out for a screw and washer to hold the bracket on with.

#288075 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Y-Brik on 07 November 2010 - 09:53 AM in Homemades

Here's the simplest definition I can think of:
A SNAP does not use a flat, vertical catch plate, but rather a pin contacting the plunger (rod or head), mounted on a clothespin trigger.
-The exclusion of a flat vertical cath plate rules out both Rainbow and Plusbow.
-The statement 'A pin contacting the plunger' is accurate with the CPT2 because, well, it does. It just adds a cradle to improve the catch surface area.

#288354 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Y-Brik on 13 November 2010 - 02:44 PM in Homemades

EDIT- totally put this in the wrong place; sorry

#283752 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Y-Brik on 22 August 2010 - 03:03 PM in Homemades

While padding the plunger head isn't a bad idea, the worst failures I have ever had with the 3 snaps I made are failures in bonds, not in the PVC material. Also, the coupler/bushing setup found on most snaps seems far more resilient than the single reducing fitting on your (very interesting) harpoon gun.