MindWarrior's Content

There have been 105 items by MindWarrior (Search limited from 27-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#288636 Rear-loading At2k

Posted by MindWarrior on 19 November 2010 - 11:56 PM in Modifications

Impressive, how did you get the glue to be so flat?

#268384 Pvat-piston Valve Air Tank

Posted by MindWarrior on 07 March 2010 - 07:06 PM in Homemades

Absolutely amazing work.

Edit: was the hornet pump plugged to get those ranges?

Probably, he said he could pump more, but the tank started leaking. Anyways, thats really cool, too bad its probably gonna be banned at most wars, safety first I guess.

#268393 Pvat-piston Valve Air Tank

Posted by MindWarrior on 07 March 2010 - 07:18 PM in Homemades

Probably, he said he could pump more, but the tank started leaking. Anyways, thats really cool, too bad its probably gonna be banned at most wars, safety first I guess.

@Fome Actuallly it was not plugged. Thanks.

@MindWarrior The thing is this model right here doesn't shoot father than a 4B. I could even make a short one with 3/4" PVC that would should less far than an at2k. I could also put an oprv on it. So depending on the setup, it either could or could not be banned. That's what is so great about it.

If the hornet pump is unplugged, then that means that this could be war legal, it could regulate the power easily.

#268397 Pvat-piston Valve Air Tank

Posted by MindWarrior on 07 March 2010 - 07:26 PM in Homemades

@ boss- Bah, hornet pumps are still good, but imagine a titan pump...

#284284 Pump-action Crossbow

Posted by MindWarrior on 29 August 2010 - 06:46 PM in Homemades

Very nice! In terms of difficulty, is it harder to make than a plusbow? And whats the cost of materials?

#268824 Pull Back Recon

Posted by MindWarrior on 11 March 2010 - 01:01 AM in Modifications

So, where is the breech? In those pictures, I'm not seeing anywhere for the dart to enter the barrel. Maybe I'm blind?

Have a sizzlin' day,
AJ

He coupler'ed the recon.

#279499 Preeminent Plunger Head

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 July 2010 - 06:38 PM in Homemades

Another kinda related question. Where do you get your flat CPVC endcaps, I've only seen rounded endcaps at my Home depot, and my LOwes doesn't even carry CPVC.

#279506 Preeminent Plunger Head

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 July 2010 - 08:56 PM in Homemades

The 1/2 CPVC endcap?

#279504 Preeminent Plunger Head

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 July 2010 - 08:23 PM in Homemades

Bah, I'll probably shave some of the end cap down and use a combination of epoxy and sanding to get a flat surface.

#279494 Preeminent Plunger Head

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 July 2010 - 06:08 PM in Homemades

How many Primes or wars, do you think this new plunger head will last before the PVC ramp starts to be unusable?

#269511 Nf Plunger Assembly Problem

Posted by MindWarrior on 18 March 2010 - 11:29 AM in Modifications

The boiling hot water tactic should work, just be sure to leave it in there for a max of 30 seconds and use pliers to rip it of from the top, don't try bending the top, just a direct vertical pull should do it. If all else fails hough, piper cutters on the seam should get the top piece of, then its a matter of drilling/Dremeling to increase airflow.

#279428 Nerf Sues Buzz Bee And Lanard!

Posted by MindWarrior on 04 July 2010 - 02:48 AM in General Nerf

Even though its probably not the Lanard shotguns, I'm planning on stocking up, just in case.

#281164 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by MindWarrior on 24 July 2010 - 07:36 PM in General Nerf

@split: The Idea is not to completely remove the top, but thin out the sides a bit so it has minimal if at all any contact with the brass. I believe Louci3 did a similar thing for clips for his cpvc/brass Ls breech.

@Badger: I was mentioning that the clip clock could keep the clip in the correct position for the breech, as you do not want a lot of contact with the half open breech, I was suggesting that the sides of the "Grips" on the clips be thinned out a bit so it doesn't make contact. Leaving the Clip lock to hold the clip in place.

#281199 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by MindWarrior on 25 July 2010 - 02:06 AM in General Nerf

Excellent! So at least the breech seems less like a hassle now, But I'm still kind of worried about the motor, Hopefully, It can handle a BBB spring replacement to give it ranges from the 70s to 80s.

#281168 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by MindWarrior on 24 July 2010 - 08:08 PM in General Nerf

That's a good idea. Making a breech designed for smaller darts. That way, you can just remove half of the top piece of the clip so it doesn't mangle the open area of the breech.

#281189 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by MindWarrior on 25 July 2010 - 12:06 AM in General Nerf

Breeches aside, can the motor be replaced with a stronger one? I'm not familiar with those types of electronics.

#281221 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by MindWarrior on 25 July 2010 - 02:55 PM in General Nerf

Based on your time with the internals of it, would you say that it could be possible to fit the motorized internals into a long strike shell?

I would say no. The back of the longstrike has only enough room for a reverse plunger.

#281151 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by MindWarrior on 24 July 2010 - 03:00 PM in General Nerf

TO solve that, we could modify the top of the clips to not interfer with the sides of the breach. Then we can just use the clip lock to keep the clip in the correct alignment.

#281255 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by MindWarrior on 26 July 2010 - 12:44 AM in General Nerf

Excellent! So at least the breech seems less like a hassle now, But I'm still kind of worried about the motor, Hopefully, It can handle a BBB spring replacement to give it ranges from the 70s to 80s.

Maybe if you want to machine metal gears and slow the ROF down like hell because of how much power you've got with that extra spring. Not to mention replacing the motor so it doesn't burn out.

REPLACEMENT. Spring REPLACEMENT. I do know enough that adding the spring could burn out the motor, but I'm hoping that just a BBB spring would be sustainable.

#264149 Nerf On The Internets

Posted by MindWarrior on 02 February 2010 - 05:28 PM in News

I've visited and posted on their Facebook, its cool, and I even spotted a picture of midwestern nerfers with their modded blasters posted on the wall by somebody there.

#286937 Nerf Assassination 4: The Firm

Posted by MindWarrior on 14 October 2010 - 01:10 AM in General Nerf

I think thats the fun of it, I think they're trying the so-serious-that-its-funny routine and it works.

#287069 Nerf Assassination 4: The Firm

Posted by MindWarrior on 17 October 2010 - 12:07 PM in General Nerf

"Stampede, a hurried flight of frightened animals." And then you whip out a stampede. On a Car. Thats awesome.

#272076 My 2010 Hiatus

Posted by MindWarrior on 13 April 2010 - 01:29 PM in Off Topic

I'm sure some of us will miss seeing the MkIII more than you, which might possibly include me......
Joking aside, I hope you get back to speed by 2011. Get well soon!

#291470 Merry Christmas!

Posted by MindWarrior on 25 December 2010 - 12:55 AM in Off Topic

Merry X-mas Nerfhaven!

#269728 Magstrike Problem

Posted by MindWarrior on 20 March 2010 - 11:40 AM in Modifications

Theres probably something that was misaligned, CHeck check and triple check~

#270559 Magstrike Air Compressor Mod

Posted by MindWarrior on 28 March 2010 - 01:31 PM in Modifications

Holy crap, must be a bit heavy, but DANG that things gonna rock on any indoor war you have, unless its in a stadium.

#272619 Inverse Plunger Tube Reinforcement

Posted by MindWarrior on 18 April 2010 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

Just when I destroy my recon. Very nice, and it's cheaper than an aluminum plunger tube. What range are you getting on your beefed up deploy?

#270796 Intro To Solvent Welding Plastic

Posted by MindWarrior on 30 March 2010 - 05:06 PM in Homemades

I have the same stuff Tantum has, would that work for connecting vinyl tubing to an airtank at good pressures?

#285669 Insane Bna

Posted by MindWarrior on 18 September 2010 - 01:01 PM in Homemades

Its just a matter of precaution, its your choice to follow it or not to avoid injury.

#285661 Insane Bna

Posted by MindWarrior on 18 September 2010 - 11:51 AM in Homemades

To his defence however, some people(bob) have stressed that bow powered blasters can be dangerously powerful, and kane admitted that he can make his Aabow dangerously powerful with slugs. So his ranges still be possible. But looking at the picture, the PT (I think?) looks pretty small.

#285666 Insane Bna

Posted by MindWarrior on 18 September 2010 - 12:35 PM in Homemades

Theres the point where a nerf gun becomes too powerful to be safe to use in nerf wars, And using stock darts for a bow like this probably wouldm't be possible, since The power would cause the darts to spin.

#282266 Hybrid Hopper, Combines Hopper With Brisc

Posted by MindWarrior on 05 August 2010 - 10:41 PM in Darts and Barrels

Probably as well as a normal hopper with a nested brass barrel. The Chopper just makes the clip parallel to the blaster, but nothing in terms of performance should be changed dramatically. So it would probably work fine with a nested brass barrel.

#279385 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by MindWarrior on 03 July 2010 - 06:41 PM in Homemades

Introducing Char's Red +bow, its 3 times faster and shoots 3 times farther than a normal +bow! Kidding aside, I love the Paintjob.

#277790 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by MindWarrior on 15 June 2010 - 09:54 AM in Homemades

I know your using a hamp, but is there any really significant range decrease (like 20-30 feet) by using such an absurdly large hopper clip? Either way, that thing looks like it can kick major ass in any war,

#277727 Homemade At2k Tank

Posted by MindWarrior on 14 June 2010 - 03:31 PM in Homemades

Real 2k tanks don't have one, so why should this? You would just not plug whatever pump you are using.

I think that This tank is a lot sturdier than the real thing, meaning that higher pressures could be made and may make it non-war legal.

#277679 Homemade At2k Tank

Posted by MindWarrior on 14 June 2010 - 12:04 AM in Homemades

Very, Very nice. Now machine an at2k turret for this.

#277708 Homemade At2k Tank

Posted by MindWarrior on 14 June 2010 - 11:36 AM in Homemades

The turret, I suspect would be far more expensive to pruduce, like 30$~ at least, I suspect. Would there be any failsafe to prevent over pressure to be war legal?

#281449 Homemade Airtanks?

Posted by MindWarrior on 28 July 2010 - 01:17 AM in Modifications

The new super soaker shot blasts water guns have a pretty good airtank, they have a built in spring piston with an air capacity comparable to an AT3K tank, but an air outlet similar to a AT2K though, It is very similar to an airtech series airtank in the fact that you pull a tiny metal rod to fire it.

#267733 Hitler Finds Out About The Nerf Longstrike And Deploy

Posted by MindWarrior on 02 March 2010 - 11:36 PM in Off Topic

Love it.

#281774 Help On Solvent Welding On An At2k Turret

Posted by MindWarrior on 01 August 2010 - 03:00 PM in Modifications

I find Zorn's guide still a little confusing. So I just need to know what type of solvent is needed to weld the back cap of an at2k turret to the metal piece if the front piece. I need to do this because Î'm putting a lot more stress on the turret. So far, all I have is an ace brand pvc cement, and I'm pretty sure that's not what I need.