RedShot's Content

There have been 239 items by RedShot (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#246719 Happy Birthday Omc

Posted by RedShot on 12 August 2009 - 01:12 PM in Off Topic

Happy birthday OMC!!

#311547 Grid Code Indoor Nerf War in PA

Posted by RedShot on 20 February 2012 - 08:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I thoroughly enjoyed the war and if I had the chance to do it again, I would definitely come again. It was good to nerf with you guys again and hope to see many of you in the next few weeks or months!

#311156 Grid Code Indoor Nerf War in PA

Posted by RedShot on 13 February 2012 - 10:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright yeah Ill be there and I am riding with ClownieX and Robin Hood, plus said guest I suppose. Cant wait to nerf with you guys again!

Oh and one more thing, does anybody have any extra 18rd drum mags I could buy from them or at least borrow for the war?

#294338 Grid Code 2

Posted by RedShot on 10 February 2011 - 09:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Not really. I'm not playing outside if it's cold or snowy. At this point I've been waiting over a month for confirmation of the date. I think we can safely assume this isn't happening. If you guys want to host something go for it, but I think we're just going to do March Meltdown. Redshot, depending on the circumstances we may end up stepping on the date of your war.

Oh ok. I hope this can work but if not then whatever. Is your march meltdown the same date (19th)?

#292204 Grid Code 2

Posted by RedShot on 04 January 2011 - 07:39 AM in Nerf Wars

Nerf22 would like to confirm his attendance.

I will also be bringing 1-2 people along with my dad and I (guess I better get started on making darts, I have alot to make)

#291930 Grid Code 2

Posted by RedShot on 31 December 2010 - 02:54 PM in Nerf Wars

My dad and I will try to come either date. As it draws nearer we will try to confirm.

#294330 Grid Code 2

Posted by RedShot on 10 February 2011 - 08:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Why don't you check their website?

Anyway guys, this isn't looking good. I've called them multiple times and they won't confirm the date. They keep saying they're going to check the schedule and let me know, but it never happens. I'll call them again this week, but it's starting to get fucking ridiculous.

Do we have any other 'arena's' or places to play? If they cant confirm the date will it get moved or will there be a backup plan?

#292757 Grid Code 2

Posted by RedShot on 13 January 2011 - 06:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok so what is your paypal, and how much do you want? $5?

#292250 Grid Code 2

Posted by RedShot on 04 January 2011 - 10:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I seem to be the mediator between people that keep sending me emails of attendance here and Shandsgator8 would also like to confirm his attendance.

#302409 GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!!

Posted by RedShot on 27 July 2011 - 07:40 PM in Nerf Wars

So just one thing that I need to understand is that what is holding the attacking team from just staying in or near the safe zone or pick up zone and making sure the chopper cant get there or the people cant load into the chopper?

Cool sounding game though! This could work for us because I have about 30some big blast missiles and tons of other missiles haha!

#237373 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by RedShot on 19 June 2009 - 11:07 AM in Modifications

Dude that gun is really cool!

#235641 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by RedShot on 11 June 2009 - 01:53 PM in Modifications

Do you have any finished pictures by any chance?

Because I would like to see what it looks like finished, design looks great! I can't wait until its finished!

#292278 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by RedShot on 05 January 2011 - 06:07 PM in General Nerf

I would also like to help in anyway possible.

#316812 Foam & plunger tubes

Posted by RedShot on 10 June 2012 - 08:36 AM in Modifications

I wipe off the stock lubricant and then give it a nice soapy wash and I use either gorilla super glue or loctite super glue on the craft foam.

#249491 Fire Fly In Humanty's End

Posted by RedShot on 03 September 2009 - 02:36 PM in Off Topic

Link isnt working for me.

I really want to see it though!

#313110 DCNF#4

Posted by RedShot on 18 March 2012 - 08:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Ill be there for sure this time! I am going to try to convince a few of my guests to be there too.

#294284 Converting Super-soakers To Nerf Question.

Posted by RedShot on 09 February 2011 - 05:44 PM in Modifications

@ Talio, Who said I was gonna do that? Why do you think I want to hurt the people I play with? You don't even know me. And I don't really go to nerf wars, because there are none where I live.

@ Buffdaddy, I know that the Shotblast work with a AT2K-like tank. And the water blasters I tried modifying failed because the air is released to slow, which, as far as I know, isn't good.

The shotblast is as easy as putting a coupler on it. that is pretty much all you have to do and if you want to then make a trigger out of a hanger or even more fancy use polycarb or somthing.

Easy and you can convert water blasters. Why dont you buy one and give it a try? Then give is a wright up so we can all enjoy it :]

#302793 Collecting info for new Dart thread.

Posted by RedShot on 04 August 2011 - 08:13 AM in Darts and Barrels

1. I buy hot rod xl foam, and I have a couple hundred blanks of bigbens old stuff (love it!). I also have a couple hundred blanks of foam from ace, and home depot (those are not my preferred quality but I have to foam just in-case I need it, I also use it to put into guns). I really wish I could get more of the bigben foam because I hear his newer stuff is larger and almost similar to the hot rod xl in diameter.

2. Sadly I do not have a good supplier for either of those two, I got to my local hardware store on an as needed basis for hotglue and it is pretty cheap. I use a large high temp hotgluegun, but I may get a large high/low temp hot glue gun because you can switch between to two settings and it looks like a nice hot glue gun :] I have been trying so hard to find a good supplier of color/glitter hot glue for more distinct darts but I havent found anything solid. The one website that I was the closest to was rainbow of colors in 5lb and 25lb packs. That is ALOT of hot glue!

3. Let me give you a little background on my wars. We are in the south central PA area and my war series for this summer is called TEPAW so you may have heard of that series. Being the host, I alow any kind of dart, stock, modified stock darts, dome stefans, and slugs. Dome stefans are by far the most popular because I do not limit the weight you can put into it, you can get good aerodynamics as well as a nice weight so a far traveling bb. I dont feel that 1/4' slingshot weights are really that sluggish in the air but whatever haha. I am going to try out 3/0 fishing weights sometime and compair the two. For gun bans, well that is for a different topic.

4. I believe if you are making slugs, the dartsmithing thread is helpful but I do not prefer slugs at all but I will make them when needed.

All in all I highly prefer to make dome darts, easier to make in my opinion, and yet go farther! Plus I do not have to order my supplies online from McMaster. I also feel that slugs may have a quicker time until they come apart. I feel that the hotglue may have a greater tendency to come off sooner. I wish we could use dome darts at apoc :] oh well.

Any more questions, feel free to ask.
Thank you for your time!

#237279 Can Sombody Build A Gun For Me?

Posted by RedShot on 18 June 2009 - 09:20 PM in Modifications

I guess this would be considered a modification, I don't know what else it would be. Anyway I was wondering if

somebody could make a angle breached longshot with a couplered titan Integration. If possible I would like

black red and grey paint job. Lastly the actual rocket barrel on the titan to have about 3 barrels in it for shotgun

effect. That's pretty much it. I'm sure somebody could make it :). About how much would it cost also.

#285935 Britnerf/tayste_2000's Halloween Nerf Zombie Suvival

Posted by RedShot on 23 September 2010 - 04:33 PM in Nerf Wars

BritNerf, you're a cop?!?

Did the avatar not give it away?

Is that avatar from Hot Fuzz???

#312917 Blaster census information required!

Posted by RedShot on 15 March 2012 - 10:01 PM in General Nerf

I am also really interested and have experimented with custom rocket making. Have you tried curling fins to create a spinning motion? I found that it really helps with the velocity and accuracy as it does not wobble as much and it spins in flight.

Yes I would seriously look into buying some rockets from you if they do what you say then can do!

#269758 At3k Tank Replacement

Posted by RedShot on 20 March 2010 - 05:12 PM in General Nerf

Yeah replacing the tank will not do what you are looking for. If you hook up a bladder system then with a release it will fill the tank each time so you dont have to pump after each shot. You will have to pump more to fill up the bladder though (unless you are using compressed air) but you will have more than one shot.

#315966 Apocalypse 2012

Posted by RedShot on 21 May 2012 - 08:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Agreed robin hood! I can't wait!

#302974 Apocalypse 2011 recap thread

Posted by RedShot on 07 August 2011 - 09:39 PM in Nerf Wars

I want to thank you again VACC for putting together this war for this year, and a special thanks to all those who make the objective games possible because they where alot of fun!

Negatives: (get the bad out of the way first haha)
- SLUGS, not a big fan haha
- My 2k broke the first round that I played and after about the 4th shot haha.
- When my guest told me that my sm1.5k was leaking fairly bad.
- I had to use my friends gun and I broke the handle off....
- WIND
- As the day went on there was a little more down time between each round because of the different lengths of the gametypes

Plus's:
+ Was very happy to meet up with a bunch of nerfers that I have nerfed with before so that was alot of fun to play with them again!
+ Super excited to meet plenty of new nerfers, and some people that I have talked to on NerfChat, but never met until here.
+ Like the big group of people and the vast variety of guns and homeade's.
+ Got a bunch of hits on people!
+ Was able to represent the Pittsburgh clan during the clan match, which was awesome!
+ Had plenty of rounds yet relaxed enough to sit and catch my breath and relax.
+ Actually left a war with a little less then I came with (for once haha) and more money!
+ Brought about 700 darts for 3 people and ended up having plenty left over! Glad I didnt run out!
+++++++

Overall:
1. Would I do this again? Absolutely! I really did not have any problems with the actual workings of the war, it was more my own fault and nature haha (dang wind!)
2. Would I recommend this to a friend? 100% yes! For sure, I had a guest come with me and this was his first war and he said that he really enjoyed it!

Again, thanks for everybody that made this possible, I had loads of fun as did my clan and we will most definitively be making it back next year!

#302795 Apoc Round Schedule and Sign Up

Posted by RedShot on 04 August 2011 - 08:25 AM in Nerf Wars

Dang I would really like to get into that clan game but it looks like you guys already capped out. I have 5 from my clan coming!

#301436 Apoc Round Schedule and Sign Up

Posted by RedShot on 12 July 2011 - 08:37 PM in Nerf Wars

:]
1- 4 Team Deathmatch
2- U3 Objective
3- Full Roster Deathmatch
4- Deathmatch
5- 4 Team Deathmatch
6- Deathmatch
7- Deathmatch
8- Full Roster Deathmatch
9- Deathmatch

This is the same for my dad and possibly 1 guest!

#302996 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by RedShot on 08 August 2011 - 11:24 AM in Nerf Wars

I may be able to attend (with possibly 2 or 4 others also). Do you have the actual address, so that I can see how far it is? At this point I dont see either of those dates being a problem, but again as it draws nearer I will have to check. I cant honestly say about the park because I have never been to any of them haha. So whatever you guys think is best!

Thanks! Hopefully I can come!

#303121 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by RedShot on 09 August 2011 - 06:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I may be able to make it on the 17th but the 24th could possibly work better. Either one though, one would just be without my dad, If I am able to come.

#304851 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by RedShot on 20 September 2011 - 07:56 AM in Nerf Wars

Sounded like alot of fun! I wish I would have been able to come, hope to make it to the next one!

#265053 A Small Question...

Posted by RedShot on 11 February 2010 - 12:22 PM in Off Topic

Ok, I've been wondering this for SO long - How EXACTLY do you have a war when you live nowhere NEAR the east/west coasts? I mean, there is absolutely NO possible way I could take a 5-7 hour drive to one of the big wars, just to have to drive all the way back? I hate Arkansas...

~New to the 'Haven, not to NERF

Is this appropriate?... What are you saying? Are you trying to find a war or are you trying to get attention? You should just try to organize one. Find a place and advertise if nobody replies than you can say you tried at least. :D

#309932 2012 Nerfer Location Directory

Posted by RedShot on 22 January 2012 - 09:01 AM in Nerf Wars

RedShot
Primary: Big Blast or 2k

#316577 2012 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by RedShot on 05 June 2012 - 08:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Month of Event: June

[url="http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22667%5D"] 30TH [PA] P.W.N>U #2[/url]

#312149 2012 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by RedShot on 29 February 2012 - 09:19 PM in Nerf Wars

March: [url="http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22188"] 17th [PA] P.W.N>U 1.0 [/url] 

March: [url="http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22188"] 24th [PA] P.W.N>U 1.5 [/url] 

#299241 2011 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by RedShot on 03 June 2011 - 07:24 PM in Nerf Wars

July: [url="http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21113"]9th [PA] TEPAW 3: The Big One![/url]

#303149 2011 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by RedShot on 10 August 2011 - 08:06 AM in Nerf Wars

September:[url="http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=21488"] 10th [PA] TEPAW 4! The reunion![/url] 

#293185 2011 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by RedShot on 21 January 2011 - 08:19 AM in Nerf Wars

March[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20743&st=0]19th [PA] TEPAW 1[/url]

I believe I have it in the right format right?

#284611 2010 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by RedShot on 02 September 2010 - 04:45 PM in Nerf Wars

[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20161] 25th [PA] EPNO [/url]

#286483 2010 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by RedShot on 03 October 2010 - 10:03 AM in Nerf Wars

New nerf war for October:

[http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20289] 16th [PA] SCPNO [/url]

EDIT!: There has been a date change. From the 24th to the 16th
Thanks!

#290633 "nerf Nation" Shirts

Posted by RedShot on 11 December 2010 - 02:19 PM in General Nerf

Yeah I think I might get a raider too! And I would wear this to school, I dont care if people call me a 'douche' (or nerd or loser) this is my hobby and I love it so I am going to wear it proud!