SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA's Content

There have been 1000 items by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA (Search limited from 19-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#129012 My 2nd Attempt At Concert Photography

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 07 November 2007 - 09:26 PM in Off Topic

I envy your talent. I can do monochrome, but not as well as that... Maybe you should try using a Rebel.

#129000 Longshot Help

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 07 November 2007 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

Epoxy aluminum sheeting onto the inside surfaces (the outside must interact with the guides on the shell of the gun, so it's not an option for reinforcement there). NO hot glue, use something that holds for what it's worth.

Also, you can take the BBB spring, reinforce your LS with said aluminum sheeting, and put the 9713 spring in the BBB. Two wins, plus both guns have plenty of power.

#128995 Magstrike @ Supermaxx 1500

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 07 November 2007 - 08:35 PM in General Nerf

Actually, I am the only one to whom the filter does not apply. Watch: snіper. They censor it because there is usually no such thing as a snіper in Nerf.

The MS and SM1500 must be modded to their full potential, or at least with extensive work, to be able to perform in almost any situation. This means more to the MS, as there is more potential there. The bladder needs more room to expand, the OPRV has to be plugged, the trigger can be upgraded to a hair-trigger, and the piston can be banded. The SM1500 is good for long range with a OPRV plug and rebarrel. However, you must be able to switch between them rapidly should the need arise.

Also, @ stands for "at," not "and." & is the symbol for "and."

#128967 Naruto Mega Strike Shuriken

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 07 November 2007 - 06:48 PM in General Nerf

An SSPB, maybe...

On-topic: Is there potential for a fragmentation weapon here? What if you took 1/2 PVC pipes and stuck them in the foam, running from opposite points to opposite points on the shuriken? Of course, you would cut them about 1" shorter than the length of the shuriken from point to point to ensure that nobody gets whacked by vinyl, but it allows for a new possibility. You can load the tubes with micros for a spread-damage effect to make up for their ease of evasion (face it, you can step aside from a giant foam disc and not be hit save for a miraculous curve). The added weight and frame may also help keep it stable in the air, even in wind.

Edit: Never mind. I realized that they are far too thin for this to work.

#128959 Halo 3

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 07 November 2007 - 05:51 PM in Off Topic

Or YOU could wait until you're actually 13 to sign up for forums. I'm trying to get some different inputs on this issue so that I have a good idea of what the problem is. Contribute or stop raising your post count.

#128958 Longshot Help

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 07 November 2007 - 05:49 PM in Modifications

Not the freaking toilet paper springs again...

You ought to eventually upgrade to a better spring. It is possible for an LS to hit over 100 with some good modding (though you'll have to do something like an Angel Breech).

Also, you ought to make some CDTSs, or Converted Dart Tag Stefans. Streamlines aren't DT darts, but they work equally well. Rip off the head and consider it a pre-cut stefan that you just need to weight and dome.

#128953 Halo 3

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 07 November 2007 - 05:32 PM in Off Topic

This better illustrates the problem with the Intercoolers.

#128949 Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 07 November 2007 - 05:12 PM in Off Topic

Spiel means "to play." Playstation spiel(en) means to play the Playstation.

#128882 Music

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 06 November 2007 - 10:06 PM in Off Topic

Why does everyone hate rap? I'm not trying to change your opinions, listen to what you want, but there must be some reason why 90% of you hate it.

#128812 Nerf Darts And Nitefinder

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 06 November 2007 - 05:24 PM in General Nerf

Just make straw-reinforced snіper darts. Also, like UM said, don't call darts bullets. They are not nearly the same thing.

#128808 Music

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 06 November 2007 - 05:15 PM in Off Topic

Rap. Only rap.

#128801 Naruto Mega Strike Shuriken

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 06 November 2007 - 05:07 PM in General Nerf

Well, if you guys want to get into the history of shuriken, they aren't meant for throwing at people. They were supposed to be used as a distraction so that pursuers would hear a noise in a different direction and break away from the ninja's trail. There were only about two people in the world who could ever lethally throw shuriken. As for hitting someone, it is very possible to be accurate enough to throw one at a time. Most real shurikens thrown at a target, however, would only be enough to cause pain and discourage action.

But this thread isn't about real shuriken. It's about new badass foamy spinners of death. As far as those go, it seems like this might be a cool investment. They should be relatively easy to master as throwing weapons, being that they have more mass than cards or other alternatives. The only real threat is wind. Does the wind seem to severely affect these, bags? I would think that while they're spinning and horizontal, there is lattle that the wind can do to them, and that vise-versa is said for vertical. But I could be wrong, since I don't have one yet to test out. They might be lighter than I think...

#128800 The F.r.o.f.c.r. Build File

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 06 November 2007 - 04:49 PM in Homemades

Define rapid fire. The gun may be able to pull of a shot every 10 seconds if that, but if that was what you're hoping for go for it. You may also need a tank wider than 50mm.

As for this statement, it might as well be confirmed early on. Combustion guns DO NOT have enough flame contact with the dart to melt it. They are at most lukewarm after firing. It is similar to how they don't get soggy. It just doesn't happen.

#128768 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 06 November 2007 - 12:04 AM in News

I was just providing examples, but yes. However, I would leave one on the "laser." Even if it turns out to be a POS, which there is a 99.99% chance of happening, then it provides a readily available shells for an integration or replacement.

#128760 Naruto Mega Strike Shuriken

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 05 November 2007 - 11:20 PM in General Nerf

I've also seen that episode, bags.

On-topic: Great find. It seems a little bit impractical, but still fun to use. Imagine the montage moment to be had when you own someone via foamy-star labotomy. One question, though. Do the shuriken seem to deform after heavy use, or do they bounce back to their original shape every time? It would seem like the latter, but I can't tell by the pictures if they are crafted the way I think they are.

#128754 Eye Protection

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 05 November 2007 - 11:00 PM in General Nerf

I would recommend durable sunglasses or something similar for Nerfing, especially in the bright summer and against well-modded guns. You don't need Rec-Specs, but get something that will last more than one shot. Try to avoid the DTG glasses for actual games as well, as they can fall off your head easily. That's why I only use them while Dremeling.

#128744 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 05 November 2007 - 09:50 PM in News

Perhaps this should have been stated earlier. The rails on this gun are like on the normal LS. You would need to take an inverse rail, such as from the top of a Crossfire or from an LS scope, glue it to your gun/accessory, and then slide that onto the rail on the RC.

#128695 Eye Protection

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 05 November 2007 - 04:15 PM in General Nerf

Eye protection is always a must. My friend had his right-eye cornia scratched by a stock tagger from 10' away with a Maverick. He wore an eye patch for three days.

Also, if you touch your Dremel, have glasses on. My cut-off wheel broke and embedded part of the blade in my shitty DTG glasses. Not cool. If I wasn't wearing those, I wouldn't be seeing out of my left eye. A face mask is also a good idea for Dremels, especially if you are cutting brass/metal or sanding. PVC powder and brass shavings are two of the last things you want in your lungs. As far as gloves go, it's not a bad idea as long as they can't catch the Dremel and increase the chance of you being cut. That almost happened with one of my older pairs, but the cut-off wheel shredded the threads and I could pull my hand away before anything happened.

#128690 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 05 November 2007 - 04:04 PM in Modifications

CPVC is good if you need a lot of barrel material and have no money (AKA it's cheap). However, it tends to be too tight on most darts and is difficult to load with certain foams. It's also easy to bend at long lengths, which is not ideal if you need a super-accurate high-powered gun like a Titan.

#128648 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 05 November 2007 - 12:18 AM in Modifications

CPVC > PVC

Nested brass in PVC > CPVC

PETG ~ Nested brass in PVC

PVC is only good for mega stefans and stock darts, which are not the type of things that are ideal for Crossbows. The true purpose of 1/2" PVC is to nest brass in.

#128637 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 04 November 2007 - 11:45 PM in Modifications

That would be PETG. One Man Clan, aka OMC, sells it in the trading forum. Ask for the thickwalled variant. It's dirt cheap, at 50 cents a foot, and is one of the two "best" barrel materials available next to brass.

P.S.: Be careful, you're not off to what some might call a great start. Clean up your posts to avoid most of the flak coming your way.

#128619 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 04 November 2007 - 10:01 PM in News

It will. The back of the stock is shaped like a sideways U to accept the bottom of the magazine, but I don't know how firmly it will hold it. (The magazine is placed in horizontally, so that the bottom of the mag is parallel to the back of the stock).

#128570 Nitefinder Help Please

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 04 November 2007 - 06:21 PM in Modifications

Try better darts. If your darts are too light, the weight isn't centered, or something else, then this will be a common problem. Perhaps the assembly is crooked, but that shouldn't produce the fishtailing you described. Your darts could also be too loose in the barrel.

#128566 It's Ruined!

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 04 November 2007 - 06:19 PM in Modifications

Think about it this way. Is it worth the time and resources to repair the damage, or is it wrecked beyond reason? If the answer is the latter, then take it and keep it for parts. There are several springs inside that are good for catches, and the main springs are great for NFs. Other than that, you should post pics so we have an idea of the "damage."

#128547 Crossfire Problems

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 04 November 2007 - 01:24 PM in Modifications

Adding craft foam to the bottom of the inverse plunger tube itself will reduce that noise (unless you already did, in which case how many layers did you use?). Since there is nothing extra to slow down the escape of air from the plunger chamber, the plunger tube will hit the back of the barrel at full speed and produce a louder sound than normal.

#128509 Single Tek Mod

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 November 2007 - 11:12 PM in Modifications

Three ammo holders, three barrels on an SMDTG...

Good mod, NM. Except you didn't mention anything about the spring. Can it be replaced with any common ones (NF, TTG, Mav, etc.)? It seems like you didn't even bother with it.

#128500 New Airzone Gun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 November 2007 - 10:05 PM in General Nerf

I doubt that there is a noticeable, if any, improvement between the 1st and 2nd gen arrows. Between the 2nd gen and the Scorpion arrows, the only changes seem to be a more pointed head and the stabilizers don't extend as much from the foam. They may be longer, though, but that's going off the picture. Doesn't really matter if you're not keeping them or using them too often.

#128498 New Airzone Gun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 November 2007 - 09:43 PM in General Nerf

All new BBBs have 6 red and black arrows. The older versions will only have 3, and I'm not sure if the colors were the same. I don't think there is any important difference between the guns themselves (across the two generations).

#128457 Halo 3

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 November 2007 - 05:14 PM in Off Topic

What, an Intercooler? Those don't solve the problem entirely, only postpone some of the issues. Plus, there are two disadvantages. The Intercoolers draw power from the 360, and can cause it to run slower in some cases, and it can get so hot that it melts itself, the 360, or the wires. Microsoft extended all 360 warranties for three years, but using the Intercooler voids any warantee. Just call them, they'll send you a box, you ship the 360 to them, and they'll fix it for free and send it back with no shipping costs.

#128442 Halo 3

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 November 2007 - 02:57 PM in Off Topic

The RROD (Red Ring of Death) is three flashing red lights in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th quadrants of the 360's ring of light. (The upper left corner is the only non-flashing arc). This results from extreme issues with the cooling system, general destructive overheating, or the failure of a vital component. I suspect that the solder on the circuit boards is cracking due to the high heat levels, but that's just a speculation.

#128424 Help

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 November 2007 - 01:10 PM in General Nerf

The firing pin is probebly being pulled back prematurely. What happens is that, since the pump, tank, and barrel are all connected in a line, moving the pump can move the rest of the assembly slightly. That may be just enough to pull back the firing pin and crack open the valve, since the trigger will not move with the pin. Glue the assembly into the gun or glue PVC spacers onto the parts to prevent this from happening.

#128418 Halo 3

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 November 2007 - 12:50 PM in Off Topic

IShadowHunterI

My 360 went back to MS about a week ago, and they have repairs under way. I should be back to play in about another 1.5-2 weeks. Mayber we should have a FFA or TS game for NIC mambers only. It might be funny.

#128416 Freebies Just Go Here I Didnt Belive It At First But Its True

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 November 2007 - 12:14 PM in Off Topic

Maybe these things are spambots... Perhaps the admins at NHQ, NH, and FU can cross-reference IP addresses and check. It may help.

#128361 Effective Scopes

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 02 November 2007 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

Iron sights are fixed sights on the gun, such as those found on real guns. Scopes are argued to have no position in Nerf, but if you want one, take some PVC and glue some crossed wires on it for aesthetics. I personally don't prefer the look, but it's up to you.

You can also attach iron sights ot a gun by cutting a ring of PVC and a small post from an air restrictor. Cut the ring with a thickness of about .75", and the post to a height of .75" and then cut one side of the PVC ring at a 45-degree angle. Then place the flat (not angled) end of the ring on the table. Find the angle's highest point and make a vertical cut about halfway down, and about 1/8" wide. Glue this on the back of the gun where you want to look down the sights (it will be the sight closest to your eye) and then glue the post vertically on the barrel.

#128277 What Did I Do Wrong To My Nf

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 01 November 2007 - 08:49 PM in Modifications

Did you leave in the plunger stop (cylindrical piece with small disk in the middle)? If not, drill a hole in the disk and replace that part. Other than that, the CPVC may be too tight on your darts, even for a springer. A new barrel or a spring replacement is required for better results.

#128273 Big Snap Has Balls!

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 01 November 2007 - 08:46 PM in Homemades

Now the next step up would be to make a magazine-fed breech for the gun, so 100% of the airflow is to the single chambered ball. This eliminates dead space in the magazine as potential area for pressure diffusion, and will increase ranges yet again. Brilliant work so far.

#128230 Happy Birthday Forsaken_angel24!

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 01 November 2007 - 03:17 PM in Off Topic

Cheers. You ought to go to grocery stores and get some of the leftover candy that they put on sale after Halloween.

#128175 Buzzbee Extra Clip Packs

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 31 October 2007 - 10:13 PM in General Nerf

I have found packs with darts and shells only at a regular K-Mart before, but Big K-Mart (the horror) should stock the magazines as well. They're almost the only option besides KB Toys, as those two stores are the only places I have ever seen Buzz Bee merchandise. Plus, they have "low prices."

#128164 At2k Turret Integrated Bbb

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 31 October 2007 - 08:41 PM in Modifications

The PVC looks like .75" regular, but I could be wrong.

Also, if a member has posted and their status reads as "validating," then their account has been deleted by a moderator. Suspensions, even the 9999 specials, still allow their targets to keep "member" status. Perhaps we should change that so there is less confusion...

#128061 Weird Airtech 2000 Problem

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 30 October 2007 - 07:48 PM in Modifications

I think the AT2k valve is like that of a 4B's. If the firing pin is kept back by a caught trigger or an extension that is slightly too long, the valve will only fully close when there is enough pressure behind it to force it shut (the valve is pulled open against the pressure in the tank). If the pen is cut a bit shorter, the valve can close all the way and seal the tank. This is a very common problem with mods to air guns using this valve setup.