It's Ruined!

...our doubleshot, that is

7 replies to this topic

#1 karpenter63

karpenter63

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:55 PM

Hey, so my friend, gunpowderjones, and I were trying to mod a doubleshot the other night, and we did this mod, No Shells!, and we totally messed up the gun. The only thing we did differently was use SCH40 1/2" PVC with 1/2" copper inside, instead of thinwall PVC with 1/2" CPVC inside. I tried to open it up, and I missed a screw the first time, so when I tried to open it, some of the innards got jumbled. Now, it only clicks once when when you cock it. After, messing up the gun, we re-checked the thread and realized that other people had problems with it. We also realize that there isn't much info on the DS on the internet, but we thought this would be a good mod to challenge ourselves with, but we got in over our heads. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix the gun?

Thanks
Nerf...my anti-drug

Frappr - Nerfers United

#2 h2player116

h2player116

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:04 PM

If it's busted keep it for part's no?

#3 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:19 PM

Think about it this way. Is it worth the time and resources to repair the damage, or is it wrecked beyond reason? If the answer is the latter, then take it and keep it for parts. There are several springs inside that are good for catches, and the main springs are great for NFs. Other than that, you should post pics so we have an idea of the "damage."
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#4 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

It's really not a gun that is worth modding, it's plungers are like half the size of a nf's. I think that the best part of the ds is the shells, that is what makes the gun cool in the first place. I say don't even try to put it back together, as it's extremely complicated. Just keep it for parts and maybe you'll find a good use for them.
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#5 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

If the innards are only "jumbled" then it is relatively easy to fix.

Just put everything back where they belong. Can't figure it out? Think hard about what each piece does and where it should sit in the gun to perform the task it is meant to do.

It's not like anything is cracked or missing.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#6 karpenter63

karpenter63

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:01 PM

and the main springs are great for NFs.

If I were to use the springs for a nf, should I put both in? They seem quite smaller than a nf spring, so would I just through them on the plunger?
Nerf...my anti-drug

Frappr - Nerfers United

#7 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:10 PM

It's really not a gun that is worth modding,

Not true. my DS with CPVC shells can get around 50ish feet. When I put in 2 shotgun stefans in each shell I get around 20ish feet but the spread almost always hits. If you put a DS spring in the NF then you need to cut some sort of thin plastic to go in the back of the spring. Not where the o-rings but the other side. If you don't do this then the spring will keep slipping out of place and getting snagged on the wall that keeps the spring in side the plunger. I used a lid that comes with plastic food container's. If you need a pic of it I'll post one.
If you post some pics I should be able to help you with where everything needs to go. I have opened my first one up almost 3 times. One last thing, don't use copper it sucks for spring guns. You need the thin walled PVC and 1/2
CPVC, it is the best way.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#8 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

Try jamming it all together and return it and say it is busted :unsure: .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users