Photo

Effective Scopes

10 replies to this topic

#1 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:00 PM

I am very sorry if people have posted this before- I searched and couldn't find any topics though. Anyway, How do you make a scope that actually works? I currently have a piece of PvC pipe but I'm wondering if there is anything better.
No man ever won a war by dying for his country... he won it by making the enemy die for his

#2 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:20 PM

That's about the most effective scope you're going to find. Scopes are pretty pointless, iron sights and such are much better. An actual scope on a Nerf gun is about as effective as a barrel silencer on a spring gun.

#3 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:23 PM

That's about the most effective scope you're going to find. Scopes are pretty pointless, iron sights and such are much better. An actual scope on a Nerf gun is about as effective as a barrel silencer on a spring gun.

What are Iron Sights? forgive me- I am somewhat new to nerf- The problem is that my gun is a Supermaxx 1500- which has no aiming mechanism whatsoever.
No man ever won a war by dying for his country... he won it by making the enemy die for his

#4 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:24 PM

Nerf is not about feeling like and army man, nor is it about making your guns complete tools of destruction. It is about having fun. No scopes.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#5 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

Nerf is not about feeling like and army man, nor is it about making your guns complete tools of destruction. It is about having fun. No scopes.

-Butt

I play different- sorry

#6 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:27 PM

Scopes were built for REAL weapons, Nerf guns usually don't apply seeing as how they don't shoot far enough to need that kind of accuracy or magnification power. Iron sights are relatively simple, you line up a ridge on the front of the gun between two in the back.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#7 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:28 PM

Scopes were built for REAL weapons, Nerf guns usually don't apply seeing as how they don't shoot far enough to need that kind of accuracy or magnification power. Iron sights are relatively simple, you line up a ridge on the front of the gun between two in the back.

Can you attatch Iron Sights onto the gun?

#8 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:28 PM

Iron sights are fixed sights on the gun, such as those found on real guns. Scopes are argued to have no position in Nerf, but if you want one, take some PVC and glue some crossed wires on it for aesthetics. I personally don't prefer the look, but it's up to you.

You can also attach iron sights ot a gun by cutting a ring of PVC and a small post from an air restrictor. Cut the ring with a thickness of about .75", and the post to a height of .75" and then cut one side of the PVC ring at a 45-degree angle. Then place the flat (not angled) end of the ring on the table. Find the angle's highest point and make a vertical cut about halfway down, and about 1/8" wide. Glue this on the back of the gun where you want to look down the sights (it will be the sight closest to your eye) and then glue the post vertically on the barrel.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 02 November 2007 - 06:32 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#9 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:31 PM

Iron sights are fixed sights on the gun, such as those found on real guns. Scopes are argued to have no position in Nerf, but if you want one, take some PVC and glue some crossed wires on it for aesthetics. I personally don't prefer the look, but it's up to you.

I would much rather have Iron Sights- but the Supermaxx 1500 does not have any type of aiming mechanism...

#10 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:47 PM

Bone, kudos for the avatar thing in your signature. I just watched that episode today!

Anyways..

Usually, a low powered bb or airsoft gun scope will improve your accuracy a bit. Just don't rely on it. if you absolutely need it, make a sight that mounts in the casting line of your gun.

But beware, if you show up with that at a war, baghead may grab it and spray paint it neon pink! (Pink is manly, thats what's great about bags, he knows what masculine colors are!)
"If only you could upgrade to a bigger one. Double the length and watch as others cower in fear of your balls." -Shadow Hunter Alpha

"I had just used some silicone spray on the plunger, and saw a nice increase in range. So I told my wife that lubing up makes my balls shoot further." -Carbon

#11 The Bone

The Bone

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:52 PM

Bone, kudos for the avatar thing in your signature. I just watched that episode today!

Anyways..

Usually, a low powered bb or airsoft gun scope will improve your accuracy a bit. Just don't rely on it. if you absolutely need it, make a sight that mounts in the casting line of your gun.

But beware, if you show up with that at a war, baghead may grab it and spray paint it neon pink! (Pink is manly, thats what's great about bags, he knows what masculine colors are!)

Ok- thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users