Phree Agent's Content

There have been 220 items by Phree Agent (Search limited from 17-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#322480 DCNF#6

Posted by Phree Agent on 12 October 2012 - 10:16 AM in Nerf Wars

I am a definite. I will try to round up some of the crew as well.

#321932 The Evo Breech!

Posted by Phree Agent on 23 September 2012 - 10:43 PM in Darts and Barrels

You would be just as well off simply front loading the barrel. The point of having a breech of this style is to position the dart as close to the power source of the blaster at the base of the barrel without having to use a ramrod. Your design does not do this.

#321850 SMEDLEY PARK WAR

Posted by Phree Agent on 21 September 2012 - 07:57 PM in Nerf Wars

My guests (people to split gas with) backed out, and thus I won't be attending anymore. Red team, I bid thee well.

#321448 SMEDLEY PARK WAR

Posted by Phree Agent on 07 September 2012 - 09:01 AM in Nerf Wars

I am a maybe as of now. Have to get some work schedules hammered out.

#321386 Vinyl Tubing Slugs

Posted by Phree Agent on 05 September 2012 - 02:48 PM in Darts and Barrels

What holds the dart head onto the blank? I am assuming a hole is drilled/burned into the blank to hold the tubing?

#320876 Putty-wrap darts

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 August 2012 - 10:32 PM in Darts and Barrels

There would also be an issue if you barrel material was a little tight on your darts and they required a twist in order to be loaded.

Also, does the tape stay wrapped well? Would the darts landing in dew covered grass (puddles/rain/ect) make them immediately unravel? Pending the darts are shot in ideal environments with no water, how many shots would you say you could get out of a dart before it becomes unusable?

#320696 Panther Tank Expansion

Posted by Phree Agent on 19 August 2012 - 04:52 PM in Modifications

Excellent job. Now, these just need to become widely available.

I will be the one to ask: Ranges?

Also, is there a specific reason for using a titan barrel? Is there a PVC equivalent?

#320430 Apoc Reaction/Feedback Thread

Posted by Phree Agent on 13 August 2012 - 10:38 PM in Nerf Wars

I am a bit late to this party, but I just got around to uploading my pictures.

Check them out:

http://s955.photobuc...gent/Apoc 2012/

#319932 Apoc Reaction/Feedback Thread

Posted by Phree Agent on 04 August 2012 - 09:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Excellent war everyone. I want to thank the organizers and field 'officials' for doing a superb job.

+Meeting new people was great
+Old friends
+Having enough darts
+Chaos wasn't there ;)
+It didn't rain
+Freeze tag
+Apoc. Period.

-Instead it was hotter than the Suns taint
-RBP broke before a single round had started
-My team lost EVERY game of Deathmatch
-Left fairly early
-Didn't sell much of my unwanted gear, but meh.
-25 bucks due to toll roads

I saw tons of people filming and shooting pictures so I better see tons!

EDIT:

I would like to also thank the LGLF and hosts, as well as God's gift to Nerf wars, Crankymonky. Although, I think the hosts could be a bit more thorough with their "Post war Tick Checks" next year. Langley must have missed a spot, because I found a tick on the backside of my ball sac this morning. Just a suggestion.

#319840 Apocalypse 2012

Posted by Phree Agent on 03 August 2012 - 07:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Just to be sure, this war falls under the "too big to fail" category right, rain or shine? I figure people (including myself) have traveled from too far away to have this thing rained out.

#319814 Apoc Round Schedule and Signup

Posted by Phree Agent on 03 August 2012 - 03:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Are these all primary rounds, or can any of the above be modified to use pistols and the like? I think pistol Carpe would be especially fun/exhausting.

#319106 Buzz Bee Range Master a new airgun

Posted by Phree Agent on 24 July 2012 - 03:26 PM in Modifications

All my questions were answered either while I was typing this, or in the video that I found in the Mods/PJ thread.

**Edited for redundancy**

#319073 DCNF#6

Posted by Phree Agent on 24 July 2012 - 03:01 AM in Nerf Wars

I don't think I will make it on the 28th. I can't afford to take another day off work, especially IF I still plan on going to APOC.

#318938 DCNF#6

Posted by Phree Agent on 21 July 2012 - 06:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Shit! I just packed the car :/

I guess you guys know better than I do though, at least I had not started driving yet.

#318915 DCNF#6

Posted by Phree Agent on 20 July 2012 - 09:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Just to make Chaos even more Jelllli, and to let everyone else know what they are in for:

http://i955.photobuc...nt/IMG_0004.jpg

^^^^THIS IS ALL FOR SALE AT THE WAR (no 'dibs' allowed). I will do my very best to not take up good war time to sell things, but lunch and post-war minutes are fair game ;)

**I didn't post the picture because I didn't want it to be gigantic**

Also, as Land has said, I will be heading the war until he gets there. This means nothing to me other than getting the ball rolling in terms of starting rounds ect.

PS, is anyone bringing mobstacles? If I remember correctly, this park was excellent.....but Langley and others had mobstacles on that occasion. Just a thought! Getting pumped.

#318806 DCNF#6

Posted by Phree Agent on 19 July 2012 - 02:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I am a definite. Unfortunately, I don't think any of the others from the Business Casual clan will be able to make it.

PS, everyone remember your cash! I want to leave the war with less stuff than I arrived with, meaning trades are extremely erotic!!

#318665 DCNF#6

Posted by Phree Agent on 17 July 2012 - 03:55 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't really want this to turn into a trading thread full out, but I want people to be prepared. IF I do attend this war, I will be bringing pretty much ALL of my stuff to sell. I am not getting out of nerf, I just need to majorly downsize. Selling stuff at wars is way easier for me than shipping, so stuff will be sold cheap. Bring your cash OR paypal "I owe yous".

#318541 DCNF#6

Posted by Phree Agent on 15 July 2012 - 09:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, none of my crew can attend this war.......and I have still yet to find a sub for my shifts at work. BUT I would still consider myself a "maybe" at this point. I will have a more definitive answer in the next few days.

#318514 Mad ghost style check valve

Posted by Phree Agent on 15 July 2012 - 09:06 AM in Homemades

Let me first say that my Lowes does have the check valves, but they do NOT twist apart in the middle as 3DBBQs do. That being said, I still managed to make a mad ghost with the Americanized parts. It just takes a little more tinkering with the trigger.

#317714 DCNF#6

Posted by Phree Agent on 29 June 2012 - 03:34 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll gather the clan and see who all can come. Set the date/time/local in stone and I will start arranging my work schedules.

#317202 Air Zone Crossbow Overhaul

Posted by Phree Agent on 19 June 2012 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

If I recall, doesn't the trigger work as the catch and wouldn't that make it really fragile?

I will say that in my experience, the trigger WILL break after lots of use. And that was way back when with just the stock bungees and a crayola barrel.

#316427 DCNF#5

Posted by Phree Agent on 02 June 2012 - 02:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Me and my crew will 100% NOT be there......I am jealous of all who are attending. On a lighter note, DarkPC you still owe me $10 for the 18shot clips.

#315650 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Phree Agent on 13 May 2012 - 10:48 PM in Modifications

Buzzbee Flintlock

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The V-neck takes it over 9000.

Still uses the stock priming mech, so I had to use the stock spring so it didn't break its self. Has a 1 in. plunger tube with a rubber washer seal.

#314762 DCNF#4

Posted by Phree Agent on 24 April 2012 - 02:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Meh, Chaos already pulled the necro card for me :D

Here is my pic album!

http://photobucket.com/DCNF4PHREE

#314256 "Optimal" 4B Barrel Length and Pain

Posted by Phree Agent on 10 April 2012 - 10:39 PM in General Nerf

I realize this topic is simply a display of opinions and no real decisions will be made because of it, so I will also share my opinion: If I choose a hobby (such as modifying TOY guns), and it comes to a point where these said TOYS are drawing blood, I think it has become substantially less TOY-like. To me this hobby is novel because we are playing with childrens toys. The less toy-like these blasters/darts become, the less appealing it is to me. That being said, other people might play with nerf guns for different reasons; that's not my problem I guess.

I will say that I am thankful for the empirical data given here, hats off.

#314158 DCNF#4

Posted by Phree Agent on 08 April 2012 - 07:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Great war overall! It was excellent meeting tons of new people, and I wish would could have shown them all of the wonderful turf that Beall is, but such is life.

Downtime was a little out of control (and I know I was the culprit in this regard in some cases), but either way in future wars I think it would be beneficial to cut it down some.

As always, I am looking forward to the next war and hope that everyone (and I mean everyone) can come back. The people were what made this war for me.

I will have the group pic uploaded in the next few days.

#314052 DCNF#4

Posted by Phree Agent on 06 April 2012 - 11:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Me +3 confirmed. The other 2 potential guests are out.

#313746 Baby Bottle Hopper

Posted by Phree Agent on 30 March 2012 - 03:29 PM in Darts and Barrels

Does it work with slugs? Does it work with lighter weighted darts such as single BB? I just would assume that it works better with heavier headed darts.

#312668 DCNF#4

Posted by Phree Agent on 10 March 2012 - 10:30 AM in Nerf Wars

I am a definite for the Saturday. I will try to rally up the crew and get back to you on final guest numbers.

#312558 How to properly cut brass for an angel breech.

Posted by Phree Agent on 07 March 2012 - 10:44 PM in Modifications

Collective has it right. You have to let the wheel do the CUTTING, not the force you exert on it by the turn dial. You just have to go slow.

EDIT: There is also usually a right angle pointy piece on the pipe cutters. This is to de-burr the fresh cut. I have also used this piece to re-expand the possibly deformed pipe edge.

#312382 DCNF#4

Posted by Phree Agent on 03 March 2012 - 10:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes! The 7th works I am fairly certain.

#312069 PVC/CPVC Breech

Posted by Phree Agent on 28 February 2012 - 10:16 PM in Darts and Barrels

This is a great write up. Unfortunately, I think it made this look too easy :P. I have tried both methods (sanding and drilling) to make a cpvc/pvc breech and I haven't been very successful on either one. I will just share my findings instead of blabbering longer:

When using the sanding method it is hard to get a uniform thickness for the Cpvc. This led to a bad seal for me and troublesome sliding. I guess this could be fixed by using a mill, but that is neither here nor there.

When I attempted the drilling method, I found it hard to center the bit which in turn either created a corkscrew-esk groove in the PVC sheath or if the drilling did go successfully, the hole was crooked from end to end.

Like I said, these are just my findings. You can take them with a grain of salt if you so choose. Just know, that as simple as this write up makes it look, it is quite difficult to make this sort of breech well.

#311927 DCNF 3

Posted by Phree Agent on 26 February 2012 - 09:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Pretty jealous, no lie. Glad to see it was warm enough for short sleeves. Looks like fun, I plan on making the next one.

#311688 How to clean PETG?

Posted by Phree Agent on 23 February 2012 - 08:51 AM in Modifications

If your petg got bent/warped/crimped at all it could be putting unwanted extra friction on your darts.

#311336 Double hopper clip? (not firing 2 darts at once)

Posted by Phree Agent on 16 February 2012 - 11:50 PM in Homemades

I vaguely remember something similar to this concept. Instead of a double wye, it was just one wye that could be turned/moved to one of two hoppers full of darts. This way you shoot all the darts in one hopper, then detach that one and replace it with a fresh hopper. I wish I could remember where I 'thought' I saw this.

Either way, try your idea out and THEN tell us how it went.

#311215 DCNF 3

Posted by Phree Agent on 14 February 2012 - 09:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be there for sure.

I am becoming more and more bummed that I cannot make this war by the day! Always a good time nerfing with Tdog.

#311155 Revived and Finished Modified Supermaxx 5000

Posted by Phree Agent on 13 February 2012 - 10:27 PM in Modifications

The paintjob is nice. It would look even better in the mods/paintjobs thread.

#310906 NiteShot Help

Posted by Phree Agent on 08 February 2012 - 11:58 AM in Modifications

At first glace I would have to agree with the above post and say that your barrel is too short for the amount of air you are pushing in that plunger tube. To add on to that though, IF you happen to be using stock darts front loaded into the barrel you can pretty much expect nothing better than ~50 feet anyway.

#310189 DCNF 3

Posted by Phree Agent on 26 January 2012 - 10:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I am a no-go for that weekend. You guys tear it up!

#309915 DMV Comrades: It's time to end this hibernation

Posted by Phree Agent on 21 January 2012 - 09:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Neither weekend (Feb 17 or 24th) work for me. March is much better for me, so I will have to sit this February war out -_-.