Ragornocks's Content

There have been 369 items by Ragornocks (Search limited from 24-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#50076 Soooooooo..... :o

Posted by Ragornocks on 20 March 2005 - 09:22 AM in Off Topic

Beats the shame of turd lurking, though.

#50056 A Discussion On The Co2 Method

Posted by Ragornocks on 19 March 2005 - 11:51 PM in Homemades

Well, here's the material list:

PMI 88/4500 HPA Tank
Several chunks of 1/8" threaded Steel braided hose
Several angular fittings
A drill and tap set
WGP Regulator
1/8" Ball Valve

We ran the tank to the reg, and drilled/tapped the PCs air bladder, in one of the plastic parts. We turned the reg down to a low pressure (Maybe about 200psi? We were stupid, no gauges), ran the reg to the ball valve, and that to the PC. You'd gas up the tank, turn the ball valve and let the bladder inflate (which happens fast), turn off the valve, and shoot the blaster. Pull out the clip, put in a new one, repeat. I think we could theoretically shoot a several thousand shots off of one tank.

We did the same to an AT2K, but it didn't turn out as well...apparantly, Nerf plastics and bonding materials aren't up to 200psi of air...

#50024 A Discussion On The Co2 Method

Posted by Ragornocks on 19 March 2005 - 11:41 AM in Homemades

Okay, simple and clean:

Co2 is horrible. For almost any application, it is erratic, violate, and dirty. Tempature fluctuations, phase changes, and the normally unregulated pressures make a huge mess. The only advantage it has is that is is much cheaper and easier to come by for most people.

Want to spend money and build a decent homemade blaster? Use compressed air. We hooked a 4500psi bottle with 2 regs, a high and a low pressure, up to a Powerclip. Worked flawlessly. Working with simple air is so much easier and less dangerous. Do yourself a favor, buy a small compressed air bottle, a good secondary regulator, and use that. Though Hardened loser does get very good credit for describing how to use Co2 effeciently. You can use normal NPT threaded fittings, drills and taps, and hoses, so long as the fitting and hoses fit the pressures you are going to use.

On an off note, a friend has bunch of stuff for HPA blasters....I'll have to dig it up with him.

#50013 May As Well Mention It...

Posted by Ragornocks on 19 March 2005 - 08:01 AM in Off Topic

Eh, I'ma bit late...

Anyways, had a wonderful birthday, though I did get sick at dinner.

I'm looking into North Carolina State, it's a great school. I like Duke more, but their standards are very high to meet, and it's too much money...but NCSU is good by me. I need to go take another tour of the campus soon, though.

#49351 May As Well Mention It...

Posted by Ragornocks on 11 March 2005 - 09:31 PM in Off Topic

Tommorow is my bloody birthday. Makes me appreciate knowing I haven't died or gone insane within the past year, ya know? Kinda suprising at the same time, though.

I'm very tired, however...I decided not to play any tournies this year, even though two Division 3 teams wanted me. Even with just rec play, I get bushed after a day of it. And what's wonderful is I have another one tommorow...I'm hoping I'll just get to sit around and tech guns all day, but I have the feeling it's going to be a trouble-free day. My knees are going to hate me.

Anyways, just wanted to inform the witless and the whimless that I'm not dead, and that if all goes right, I shouldn't be for a while. However, the whole pirate thing really throws off your life expectancy...

Now, if you'll pardon me, there are women to please and comfty beds to enjoy.

- Rags

#36034 Acclaim....

Posted by Ragornocks on 31 August 2004 - 08:24 PM in Off Topic

Turok is dead. OMFG, thank my fucking god.

#35734 The Lnl

Posted by Ragornocks on 29 August 2004 - 11:09 AM in General Nerf

The value of the LnL used to be around $25-30, due to it's sheer power for it's size. The Tech Target was released, and became an alternative. However, when Hasbro released the Nite Finder, the Lock'n'Load's value dropped. Like, a bunch. The SSII still remain a pretty popular spring powered blaster, though.

#35517 Nerf World's New Menu

Posted by Ragornocks on 27 August 2004 - 05:04 PM in Off Topic

I don't like it. Stick with the older version.

#34904 Favorite Online Game?

Posted by Ragornocks on 22 August 2004 - 08:36 PM in Off Topic

Doom 3.

If you need a reason why, you have never seen a 9800 at work.

#34674 Ebay

Posted by Ragornocks on 20 August 2004 - 09:14 PM in Off Topic

But did you purchase a Gamecube? Turns out, new games worth playing are released in 3-month intervals, or every season. It's great, waiting a whole fucking season, just for a new game! I mean, thanks Nintendo!

IE, don't buy a Cube. Unless it's a cube of Dew.

#34543 Squit Gun Mod/homemade 'thing'

Posted by Ragornocks on 19 August 2004 - 08:11 PM in Homemades

I'm more concerned with the psi. You never see it posted much, so I'm going to look into it whenever I mod an air blaster. I think I have an extra pressure gauge around here. Maybe when I pick the N-Strike up, I'll mount it on the Titan. Yummee, no need to drill and tap plastic!

#34535 Uhoh, Its The Birthday Boy!

Posted by Ragornocks on 19 August 2004 - 07:59 PM in Off Topic

Oh hell, if I had to base my woman on my ability to bowl, I wouldn't have much of a woman. I can't bowl.

#34531 Uhoh, Its The Birthday Boy!

Posted by Ragornocks on 19 August 2004 - 07:53 PM in Off Topic

Ompa, relax, have a Dew, and spend the night browsing the Net. You deserve it.

#34526 Squit Gun Mod/homemade 'thing'

Posted by Ragornocks on 19 August 2004 - 07:49 PM in Homemades

Hey, that looks pretty good. Can you approximate the psi of the tank, and it's output? How many pumps does it take to (more or less) get it to a decent pressure? The pump looks kinda small, so that's why I am asking.

Very nice work, cosmetics look clean, and it seems to operate pretty well. Oh, the light is operated by a 'noid, like on the NF, right?

#34520 Funny Names

Posted by Ragornocks on 19 August 2004 - 07:40 PM in Off Topic

Hey C, can you do me a favor? Try not to flash the link so often, it makes it so that we have to deal with them.

#34485 Nerfcenter

Posted by Ragornocks on 19 August 2004 - 03:47 PM in General Nerf

What is there to say? NC set the base for stock review. Noone has come close. If you guys would atleast keep the reviews updated and fresh, everyone will be happy. Nothing like checking NC to find that wierd looking thing you picked up at a garage sale.

#34314 Gunkata

Posted by Ragornocks on 18 August 2004 - 04:53 PM in Off Topic

or u can pul out dat seerious the matrix shit u no wut im sayin?

#34134 Sunday Foxtrot

Posted by Ragornocks on 16 August 2004 - 08:17 PM in General Nerf

You think that's bad, try flying with paintball equipment. I went to New York with mine, they gave more nothing short of holy hell.

#34133 Flash Mx

Posted by Ragornocks on 16 August 2004 - 08:16 PM in Off Topic

I've been considering getting it this Christmas...how much is a copy?

Yep, nothing like a good Flash.

#34030 Classic Video Game Music.

Posted by Ragornocks on 15 August 2004 - 05:56 PM in Off Topic

I've got Fruityloops. And a keyboard with the MIDI stuff. Don't need any more.

#34015 Classic Video Game Music.

Posted by Ragornocks on 15 August 2004 - 10:34 AM in Off Topic

Heh, I freaking do remixes. MIDIs, mind you. Here's what I have:

Hymn of the Fayth - Nobuo Uematsu
A Fleeting Dream - Nobuo Uematsu
To Zanarkand - Nobuo Uematsu
Destati - Utada Hikari
FF7 Overture - Nobuo Uematsu

All from Square titles. I'm working on Otherworld, but it's hard.

I found a great copy of "The Man with a Machine Gun" the other day. Let me know if anyone wants it.

None of it's too old, but it's undeniablly good.

#34014 Problem With N-strike?

Posted by Ragornocks on 15 August 2004 - 10:24 AM in General Nerf

Quick story:

A few years back, a couple friends and I were messing around with some Estes Air Rockets. These things would go several hundred feet, vertically. They had the same system, that prevented them from being fired horizontally. A friend was pumping it once, and his foot hit the release. It came up, popped him in the face, and broke his nose.

Imagine what that could to to somebody, fired straight. Or imagine it at your TV.

#33979 Who Are All These Visiters?

Posted by Ragornocks on 14 August 2004 - 06:39 PM in Off Topic

Well, it just means that there are more people that Nerf than you think.

#33946 Really Addicting Game

Posted by Ragornocks on 14 August 2004 - 07:26 AM in Off Topic

Big hint for the game I posted:

If you are having trouble getting over 5-10 BPS, chances are that you don't paintball. You need to use TWO fingers on the mouse, and alternate between them. It's also pendent on your connection to the 'net, and your mouse. In real life, you cannot fucking shoot that fast. Show me someone who can shoot over 20bps on their own, with paint, and I'll show you a cheater board. Heck, I can barely keep a steady 13 on good marker.

Just because you get 20+ in that, doesn't mean you're good at paintball, jes to let you know.

Okay, [/rant].

#33922 Really Addicting Game

Posted by Ragornocks on 13 August 2004 - 06:31 PM in Off Topic

Nothing like Pandagolf, but here is another great Flash. Simple, but can get addicting, especially if you paintball. If you can beat my scores, which I have screenshots of, you get a giant cookie:

23, A
18.7, B

And if you slow down Flash, you get a giant knife in the eye.

#33912 From The NerfHaven Mail Bag

Posted by Ragornocks on 13 August 2004 - 04:21 PM in Site Feedback

It's moreso the point that it was the second time that day Alex said NHQ sucked.

Okay, time to let this die. Haha, C's funny, the kid got screwed. Yay. Discussion over.

#33822 From The NerfHaven Mail Bag

Posted by Ragornocks on 12 August 2004 - 03:57 PM in Site Feedback

Fucking ouch.

Lotsa fuck here...too much fuck, really. No more fuck.

[/fuck]

There.

#33748 From The NerfHaven Mail Bag

Posted by Ragornocks on 11 August 2004 - 03:09 PM in Site Feedback

Fuck.

Cx, you send the six letters "N", "E", "R", "F", "H", or "Q" to him, and I'll be forced to eat six feet of stainless steel.

#33480 Ballistas Or Arrows

Posted by Ragornocks on 07 August 2004 - 09:20 PM in General Nerf

Though do not make the satisfying "THUMP!" when they smack your friend. Fun to mess around with. We grabbed a bunch of new Max Shots one day, took them out of the box, and started launching the "arrows" at each other. We also have fun with BBB/Crossbow/BnA's, shooting stock arrows at each other. Trust me, it's great fun.

EDIT: Hmm...SC Nerf?

#33466 Quick Cash

Posted by Ragornocks on 07 August 2004 - 06:33 PM in Off Topic

No, I can't say I've ever heard of that before.

An alternative is to pimp your body out on the streets. Ask Groove, he'll tell you all about it. Just ask about "Olive Gardern", he'll remember.

#33220 Pruning Time!

Posted by Ragornocks on 05 August 2004 - 06:04 PM in News

Spike27 is a bum who lives in my basement. I feed him pennies and bread in exchange for all his cool anime access.

He hasn't seen the light in 9 years. He won't be posting anytime soon.

#32991 !1

Posted by Ragornocks on 03 August 2004 - 10:27 AM in Modifications

::Steals the fuggin' link::

Oh, yeah. I've got some REAL good applications for this. Thanks.

#32957 Would You Buy Watermelon Pink 1/2" FBR?

Posted by Ragornocks on 02 August 2004 - 09:45 PM in General Nerf

Pink foam: The most trick new thing since the stefan.

#32832 Apoc

Posted by Ragornocks on 01 August 2004 - 07:23 PM in Nerf Wars

You shoot PVC Nerf blasters for your whole life than ask that again.

#32825 Ow

Posted by Ragornocks on 01 August 2004 - 06:27 PM in Off Topic

I stubbed my toe the other day. That really hurt, too.

#32678 Did You Pre-Order The New Nerf Set?

Posted by Ragornocks on 30 July 2004 - 03:16 PM in General Nerf

A check by a few local Wal-Marts provided the fact that there weren't any around. I also recieved word I'm fscking broke. Great. If they released them the end of next month, fine. But not right before first term starts, jeez.

#32677 Too Much Time Isn't Always Bad

Posted by Ragornocks on 30 July 2004 - 03:14 PM in Off Topic

What about our fort?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pictures and hosting props go to Severe, who would like beat my ass if I didn't mention that. Also props go to him for getting the massive doors we used to construct it. I missed the day they finished it here, I still gotta go check it out. But with a bunch of old junk, you can make some pretty cool stuff. Just takes some time, materials, and the will to work.

#32478 Dbf Update

Posted by Ragornocks on 27 July 2004 - 09:58 PM in News

Fuck you, Groove. :P It's good to see some action back in the Department again. I can finally have another good webcomic to read.

#31566 Nite Finder Case Mod Done Right!

Posted by Ragornocks on 17 July 2004 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

Where's the close button?

Maybe you guys should take this over AIM or IRC, and stop making my eyes bleed. I kinda like to use them for stuff. It's hard to use them when they're covered in body fluids.

I'm sure some of you can tell us all about having body fluids on your face, huh?

#31512 Ironrhino

Posted by Ragornocks on 16 July 2004 - 11:18 PM in Off Topic

Happy Birthday, to our distributor of PETG. Keep doing your thing, man.

You've got about two years until you're driving, four until you can click those links that say "18 or older", and seven until you can hit the booze.

Whadda ya gonna do until then?