umpshaplapa's Content

There have been 435 items by umpshaplapa (Search limited from 22-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#238127 Longshot Recon /lr-7

Posted by umpshaplapa on 23 June 2009 - 01:18 AM in Modifications

Really clean, and I love the way the paint matches. How did you get that black cover on?

#237987 Yalpam Ii

Posted by umpshaplapa on 22 June 2009 - 11:42 AM in Modifications

Where did you get the cables?

#237688 Consumed By Video Games

Posted by umpshaplapa on 20 June 2009 - 09:24 PM in Off Topic

If you don't want to play video games, don't play video games.

#237557 The Ghost V.4

Posted by umpshaplapa on 19 June 2009 - 11:56 PM in Modifications

Sounds like a cool idea. Just a heads up, none of your links are working.

#237493 Curious

Posted by umpshaplapa on 19 June 2009 - 07:45 PM in General Nerf

I've been trying to find a stock Xbow for along time.....

Any chance of selling?

Jesus!
I bet he'd sell one to you. For a good price.

#237435 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by umpshaplapa on 19 June 2009 - 03:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Looks like me and Wildo are out. I'm at the beach the 2nd-7th.

#237433 Hornet Madness

Posted by umpshaplapa on 19 June 2009 - 03:02 PM in Modifications

I just got a hornet from a garage sale, and have no clue how to work it. I keep pumping it, but nothing happens. At the place where the little air thingie attaches to the titan, air is getting out, so my question is, why can't I fire it?

To operate:
1. Slide the top piece forward.
2. Pump until you hear the OPRV.
3. Pull the trigger 6 times, or push the blast button.
If you do it in that order and it doesn't work, something is wrong with the blaster.

#237331 Rscb Help

Posted by umpshaplapa on 19 June 2009 - 12:56 AM in Modifications

I found some aluminum rod in my basement that has an ID almost the same as copper, so I'll be using that

Does it have near the same OD?

#237298 Plastic Safe Lubricants

Posted by umpshaplapa on 18 June 2009 - 10:03 PM in General Nerf

I was Ace the other day, this container claims to be perfect for o-rings. Has anyone ever used this stuff before?

That's exactly what I use.

#237060 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by umpshaplapa on 18 June 2009 - 01:04 AM in Nerf Wars

I was actually wondering if we could move it back a weekend. Or maybe just a couple of days.

#237059 A Very Important Season Of Foam Update

Posted by umpshaplapa on 18 June 2009 - 01:02 AM in General Nerf

Even though the trip canceled, I think it did what it was meant to do. That being getting us all out and nerfing. I y'all receive some good footage.

#236870 Burst Fire Barrel System.

Posted by umpshaplapa on 17 June 2009 - 12:05 AM in Modifications

Maybe I couldn't tell from the pictures, but why doesn't this fire both at once? It looked like you made a barrel, and then glued another 1/2" on.

#236868 Raider Preview

Posted by umpshaplapa on 16 June 2009 - 11:47 PM in General Nerf

I think I might get this as an alternate to my "fugly 47" (a 70' Magstrike with ugly modding). Also, the firing looks rather unreliable.

How does it look unreliable? He cocked it and then fired it. What went wrong?

#236853 Seno 2009

Posted by umpshaplapa on 16 June 2009 - 09:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry guys, can't make this one. Same day as xtremejumpy's, and his is two hours closer. Can't make SOFA either. Dammit...

#236756 A B Question

Posted by umpshaplapa on 16 June 2009 - 01:36 PM in Modifications

I dunno. But If I were making a ANGEL breech. I'd probably reference the video and write up that ANGEL did. it gives much better details about pipe sizes and such.

Last time I checked Angel's writeup he didn't include any of the lengths that you need.

And yes, you do glue it in.

#236616 Raider Preview

Posted by umpshaplapa on 15 June 2009 - 10:29 PM in General Nerf

What is the spring like? I'm guessing similar size to a recon but slightly stronger?

#236604 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by umpshaplapa on 15 June 2009 - 09:38 PM in Off Topic

Nazi Zombies. Right now. GT is my name. I'll also play COD4.
I'm pretty good at zombies though. Highest game I've done is 24.

#236403 A New Way To Take Away Boltsled Stress!

Posted by umpshaplapa on 15 June 2009 - 10:33 AM in Modifications

I was wondering how this looked like an M16 until I saw the priming handle. I actually like this a little more than Ice's keyring mod. With this there's zero danger of something snapping back and hitting you.

#236385 "2009 Dew Tour"

Posted by umpshaplapa on 15 June 2009 - 06:48 AM in General Nerf

I so would have entered if it was in Georgia.

#235987 Intigration Trigger Wire Question.

Posted by umpshaplapa on 13 June 2009 - 12:51 PM in Modifications

I just found some 18 guage "galvanized steel wire" in my garage. It only has a "safe work load" of 25 lbs though. Which would be better? Or should I go to Ace and look for some heavy duty shit.

#235979 Intigration Trigger Wire Question.

Posted by umpshaplapa on 13 June 2009 - 12:33 PM in Modifications

It really should. The question about fishing line is durability, though.

I was planning on running it through straws or something, to try to prevent it from rubbing on the plastic shell.

Also, if you have a suggestion for something that would work even better, I would really like to know.

#235977 Intigration Trigger Wire Question.

Posted by umpshaplapa on 13 June 2009 - 12:28 PM in Modifications

I'm in the process of making a Longshot with a titan integration. I have pretty much everything done except the trigger for the titan. I was going to use a simple wire to keyring trigger for it.

I have some 50lb test Monofilament fishing line, and I was wondering if that will be able to hold up to pulling the titan trigger.

#235575 Mav3k

Posted by umpshaplapa on 10 June 2009 - 11:32 PM in Modifications

Simple; add more trigger springs and, if you haven't already, glue the two jagged parts of the turret together.

I have reinforced the rotating mech in the usual ways - glueing the teeth together, adding springs to the trigger, etc, but it still has problems.

If you would've read the post, you would've seen that I've already done both of those!

And the trigger currently has 2 extra springs on it that weren't in the internals pic.

Ace has some really strong springs that are small enough to work. And I mean STRONG.

#235249 Bolt Action Bbbb Breeched To Accept Mags

Posted by umpshaplapa on 09 June 2009 - 05:11 PM in Modifications

I don't want to rain on your parade because it's nice looking and you did a fine job, but it's completely pointless putting a clip on something that takes like 6 pumps already. You're not saving any time having it clip loaded.

You actually could be, depending on how your darts were loaded before, whether it be ramrodding them down a barrel, pulling them out of your pocket and shoving them into a breech, or putting them into the back of a couplered barrel. All you have to do is open the breech, shut it, pump 6 times, and pull the trigger.

This is a lifesaver for people like me who seem to suck with speedloaders. I always drop them, forget they are dropped, and move on. I can never seem to get them in the coupler easily. Clips are the same, but I have 6 shots instead of two. I will do this as soon as I can find the materials.

How do you not notice your lack of a barrel? I think using clips is usefull only when priming the gun also loads the dart from the clip.

#234827 Seno 2009

Posted by umpshaplapa on 07 June 2009 - 04:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't know if this counts, but Wildov3 casts his vote for the 20th.

#234144 Seno 2009

Posted by umpshaplapa on 03 June 2009 - 04:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd want it to be on the 20th. Xtremejumpy and Fullmetalgir are having a war on the 27th I was planning on attending. I'd have to ask my parents, but I don't think I have anything going on on those 2 days.

#233997 Full Crossbow Modification

Posted by umpshaplapa on 02 June 2009 - 05:28 PM in Modifications

Hey this was supposed to be my x-bow. But you took it at the last minute under me with crappy dealing tactics in the biggest douche move of the century. And now you try and replicate the guru without the sf. I hate you right now. Mostly just pissed you were cheap and bid after I left at 11:30 thinking no one would be so cheap as to bid anymore on it.

You clearly don't know how internet auctions work. There's always someone that bids with 1 minute left.

What exactly was the point of all the plunger tube replacement? It didn't seem to ad an insane amount of range. I might be confused about the ranges of x-bows though.
Also, what paints are you using? They look awesome.

#231209 Maverick 6.66 Contest Entry

Posted by umpshaplapa on 18 May 2009 - 09:49 PM in Modifications

What type of rail is that? It reminds me of the G36.

#230924 Wierd...

Posted by umpshaplapa on 17 May 2009 - 08:56 PM in Off Topic

There's a lot more people viewing it.

#230691 Cosmetics

Posted by umpshaplapa on 16 May 2009 - 09:39 PM in General Nerf

If I've modded my gun to its best, then It's painting time.

#230294 New Stefans

Posted by umpshaplapa on 14 May 2009 - 09:20 PM in Homemades

Slug: Theres probably some physics behind it, but why would hot glue tips from washer stefans hurt more than hotglue tips from bb stefans?

I don't understand this either. Wouldn't the hot glue hurt just the same?

#230179 Brit's Paint Tutorial

Posted by umpshaplapa on 14 May 2009 - 03:41 PM in Modifications

I have a tip on spray paint.
If you suck at hand painting like me, and are trying to tape a non-straight line, put the tape comepltely covering the edge of where you're trying to paint. Then, press down hard until you can see the lines in the shell again. Take out a razor knife and gently cut along the lines that you see.
It worked beautifully on my LS/titan.

#229953 Guide To Glues

Posted by umpshaplapa on 13 May 2009 - 12:22 AM in General Nerf

Pretty much any CA adhesive will work, just make sure not to get a watered down one. The one I use is 99% pure I think.
EDIT- I clicked my link and It's 99.5%.

#229828 Guide To Glues

Posted by umpshaplapa on 12 May 2009 - 04:23 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for all your post guys! Also I will keep this the guide to glues and not the guide to putty. If you want me to add something please state the exact glue name and a description. I hope this topic gets pinned!

The glue in the link I posted is called Stick Fast. It comes in varying amounts of liquid-ness, the least being "thin" and the most being almost like a gel. You can see a detailed description at that link.

#229716 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by umpshaplapa on 11 May 2009 - 10:04 PM in Nerf Wars

You know the 3rd is a Monday right?

And?

My dad says he couldn't take me on that day because it's a work day. He has a job and all...

#229637 Guide To Glues

Posted by umpshaplapa on 11 May 2009 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

I use this, in the thick variety. It has NEVER broken on my. Dries pretty fast as well. I used it to attach a bolt sled to my angel breech and it worked perfectly.

#229574 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by umpshaplapa on 11 May 2009 - 02:49 PM in Nerf Wars

You know the 3rd is a Monday right?

#229449 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by umpshaplapa on 10 May 2009 - 07:01 PM in General Nerf

That's alright then.

Back on topic - The paint scheme.

Does anyone think they will actually make the digital camo properly? Or am I gonna have to paint it on?
Also, I wonder if they might do a red and black one, like the new recon (ps - can someone please post a pic of that please!)

The "digi-camo" just looks like they made random squares on the shell have a rougher texture. You can see it in a few pictures people have posted.

And don't worry, nobody besides that guy cares if you say yanks.

EDIT- check pics 7&8 in the first post to see what I'm talking about.

#229038 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by umpshaplapa on 08 May 2009 - 04:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't see why me and Wildo won't make it. I have to check with the 'rents though before I'm 100%

#228983 Spring Powered Nerf Pocket Scatter (s.p.n.p.s.)

Posted by umpshaplapa on 08 May 2009 - 12:14 PM in Modifications

What's an estimate of the range?