bigred1rifleman's Content

There have been 300 items by bigred1rifleman (Search limited from 02-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#221132 Guru Mk. iii

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 01 April 2009 - 08:07 PM in Homemades

Well it is a very good looking blaster. No improvement needed anywhere it's pure perfection. Should see it APOC ... I don't know if that would be an honor or horror. Still I do hope to see it up close in person , pics on the internet don't even compare to the real life brain receptions that allow human "see" real life objects.

No offense to 'Slug, but there's no such thing as a perfect Nerf gun, althought there are some pretty badass ones, like this one.

~F!nnster

#219527 Air Zone 2009

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 23 March 2009 - 08:26 PM in General Nerf

That doubleshot isn't new, nor the quick load. The alien thing looks kind of like the bow that airzone makes as a Knock off of the BBB (the scope looks the same).

~F!nnster

#219522 Snap Pistol

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 23 March 2009 - 08:20 PM in Homemades

It looks alot like my ZIP Weapon, except yours gets twice the range of mine! GJ

~F!nnster

#219515 Chicago Area Nerf Out

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 23 March 2009 - 08:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Will there be anyone who can possibly help me with my LS before the game starts? I've successfully modded an LS before, but I can't manage to get this one to work. I'll pay you if you can, or if you have a part that it's missing or something.

Thanks
~F!nnster

PM with your problem. I have a couple replacement parts for Longshot and in my singling process (and the other ones I've taken apart in the past) I've become fairly familiar with the problems. I'd be fine with helping you before the war if the problems persist.

Pm'd. Woot! 99th thread post!

~F!nnster

#219261 Lanard 2009

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 22 March 2009 - 02:40 PM in General Nerf

Am I the only one who sees the those different types of darts on the sawed off shotgun? They almost look like stefans or maybe converted dart tag darts.

You can buy red darts like this at: MC sports; Bass Pro Shops; and Cabelas. They look like they suck though, or really innaccurate from weight and aerodynamic problems (like streamlines).

~F!nnster

#219258 Chicago Area Nerf Out

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 22 March 2009 - 02:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Will there be anyone who can possibly help me with my LS before the game starts? I've successfully modded an LS before, but I can't manage to get this one to work. I'll pay you if you can, or if you have a part that it's missing or something.

Thanks
~F!nnster

#219257 Possible Southern Mi War

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 22 March 2009 - 02:32 PM in Nerf Wars

It won't let me vote, but Saturday might be possible for me. Where would it be in Ann Arbor?

~F!nnster

#218614 Nf Ss

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 18 March 2009 - 02:09 PM in Modifications

That's pretty cool, but isn't it awkward (unknown spelling) to shoot the secret strike? You could do the assassin mod and run the SS barrel through the laser pointer hole, it'd be much easier to fire then.

~F!nnster

#218134 New Homemade Ideas

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 15 March 2009 - 07:29 PM in Homemades

Jesus Christ.. Fix up your grammar, and read the CoC you fucktard. You double posted, and your grammar sucks. Don't make a post or thread for that matter about what you're going to do. Just do it.

You amuse me. On Topic: some guy on youtube made a singled magstrike, but singling a magstrike can be easy or hard as Hell, there was also another thread about this. Although...

~F!nnster

#218032 Chicago Area Nerf Out

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 15 March 2009 - 10:51 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm now definitely coming, DFMB! is probably not coming, but an offsite friend, my dad, and my little brother might play. Also, would a FastBlast count as a pistol or a primary (a modded one)?

~F!nnster

#217748 Longshot Breakthough (takes Stress Of The Boltsled) (writeup's Up)

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 12 March 2009 - 08:16 PM in Modifications

I spot an extremely large problem: you can't use the stock effectively. The string would just be under the friction of your shoulder, and stay in place, or atleast go in really slowly.

~F!nnster

PS: the LongBow is kind of a good name, but it's also really, really stupid (I highly suggest that you rename it).

#217744 What Should I Modify Next

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 12 March 2009 - 08:11 PM in Modifications

I'm trying to make my posts as simple as possible.

Alright, I'll be the nice guy. Clean up your posts.Proper grammar, spelling, capitilization(sp?), ect.Thats what we all expect from the members at NH. Read the CoC(code of conduct) And for a gun to modify, try a Maverick, Recon, Dart tag gun, Crossfire, or a reflex blaster.

Your grammar, spelling, and capitalization aren't even correct (in multiple posts, too).

On topic: Pneumatics are pretty easy to modify, unless the tank is broken, and even then, they're not to hard to fix (depending on the problem). My favorite mod's the "K9 Special". It's easy to do, gets a high rate of fire, is allowed at most wars, and has plenty of power. We can't make your decision for you, all modified nerf guns are custom.

~F!nnster

#217636 Michigan Nerf Out

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 12 March 2009 - 02:10 PM in Nerf Wars

What games will there be here?

~F!nnster

#217515 Assassin

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 11 March 2009 - 08:05 PM in General Nerf

These games sound quite cool, maybe I can convince IceNine to have a round of this at ChANO, or MINO. Although this sounds alot like the one I'm helping work on (I forget the name of the Founder). The only suggestion I have is that melee weapons should be extra points.

~F!nnster

#217206 Pas Question

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 09 March 2009 - 07:51 PM in Modifications

You should probably search. I have a bad cold, Cough Cough Cough.

~F!nnster

#217089 New Red Big Bad Bow

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 09 March 2009 - 02:16 PM in Modifications

1. Punctuation and capitalization are your friends. It makes your sentences easier to read so that we know what you are talking about.

I believe you mean (in the second sentence) 'They make your...', not "It makes your...". Pretty funny, considering you did this to me earlier.

~F!nnster

#217086 The Domsayer - Gow Inspired Rfsg

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 09 March 2009 - 02:11 PM in Modifications

What firearm did you use to kill that ram? Or was it a bow.

#216969 Chicago Area Nerf Out

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 08 March 2009 - 05:53 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a 95% now, I'll be coming unless something comes up. I would like to buy everything Merzlin listed, minus the bolt sled. I would also like to buy better, non-frost-king, black, white, or red foam and PETG.

~F!nnster

#216821 The Countess

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 07 March 2009 - 08:25 PM in Modifications

This is a cool mod, but do you think it could be performed on a FirstShot? What size barrel do you think it would need? I unfortunately don't have a MaxShot, but my friend has a FirstShot waiting for me.

~F!nnster

#216688 Gunblade V3

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 06 March 2009 - 10:19 PM in Homemades

Mine's still in the works, it just needs some cosmetics, I'll post it when it's done. Nice job BTW.

~F!nnster

#216363 Noob Question

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 04 March 2009 - 09:58 PM in General Nerf

Im getting an AT2k for my b day. and i was just wondering is it a secondary or primary?

It's a little small for a primary (EDIT: but as Robonerfer1 said, most people use them as a primary.), but it gets great ranges and great ROF. In my opinion, the best mod for an AT2K is to replace the OPRV spring, cut of the extended tube on the end of the tank, and add an RSCB clip.

I think there was a recent thread about something like this, though I may be wrong.

You can't tell him to do a mod that (I'm pretty sure) doesn't exist. Just plug the pump, don't screw around with the spring. If you want an easier mod, just couple it, plug the pump, screw it back together, and shoot it 90ft flat.

~F!nnster

#216361 Blast Recon?

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 04 March 2009 - 09:54 PM in Modifications

That's a cool mod, maybe I'll do that with my broken recon. I'll try and find a way to put it all in the Recon frame and body/reciever and connect the triggers.

~F!nnster

#216279 Michigan Nerf Out

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 04 March 2009 - 03:41 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't think so after watching this .

"Photos from YANO and Armageddon"

I'm still not convinced.

That's odd, it said MINO. Anyway, I pm'd him and he said that we can bring modded guns.

~F!nnster

#216196 Project Big Plunger

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 03 March 2009 - 09:44 PM in Modifications

I think I might try this since I'm about to buy one of these. What's the largest barrel do you think it could effectively take? It seems like a 6in barrel would work effectively with that size of a plunger tube.

~F!nnster

#216164 Michigan Nerf Out

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 03 March 2009 - 08:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I have the creeping suspicion that this may be a war for stock guns and stock darts. Care to clarify this for me?

I don't think so after watching this .

~F!nnster

#216025 New Improved Vulcan On My Website

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 02 March 2009 - 09:34 PM in General Nerf

If you're big on the whole shield thing (I am), you should make it out of plexiglass and attach it with screws and seal it with caulk. You can see through it, it's more durable, and it looks much better. That cardboard attached with ducttape can easily be destroyed or even ripped off.

~F!nnster

#215965 Your Gunblade?

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 02 March 2009 - 05:50 PM in Homemades

Here are some (blurry) teaser pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now that the air system is done, I'll work on the body, then the blades, then the cosmetics. I like your's bOOm13, but you can't actually use the blade in a skirmish, it's purely cosmetic.

~F!nnster

PS: foam swords are on sale at my local Target for $1. I might buy a butt load of them.

#215952 Michigan Nerf Out

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 02 March 2009 - 05:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm coming and I'll bring five bucks.

~F!nnster

#215915 Michigan Nerf Out

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 02 March 2009 - 03:41 PM in Nerf Wars

HOLY SHIZ NITS! I didn't think there would be another one of these, I'm a maybe as of now. Later I may be a "for sure".

~F!nnster

#215785 At2k Question

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 01 March 2009 - 09:50 PM in General Nerf

It's not major, i'd say about a 10FT decrease. Personally I think it's worth it to keep it turreted.

No it's not, more like 5 feet decrease max. I've had both turreted and singled AT2Ks in the near past, and they got the same range.

~F!nnster

#215780 Chicago Area Nerf Out

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 01 March 2009 - 09:39 PM in Nerf Wars

So crossfire shields can be used, but MantaRay sized shields have to be on smaller guns?

~F!nnster

I recommend that you read through the entirety of this thread. It will give you a good idea of the limits of acceptability on guns with Manta shells (or equivalent) on them.

I've seen that, I just don't understand if I can put them on another gun that size or not, because not everyone (as in very few people) have split fires ( I sure don't).

~F!nnster

#215727 Your Gunblade?

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 01 March 2009 - 11:52 AM in Homemades

OMG A GUNDAGGER HOLY FLIPPIN' JESUS! :o haha xD
Can't wait to see it! :) If you need more suggestions, PM meh or tell me throught the forums :D

Or just post it in this thread, you guys got me interested. I will reveal mine once it's done.

~F!nnster

#215726 Chicago Area Nerf Out

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 01 March 2009 - 11:49 AM in Nerf Wars

Freakin' server lag, that's almost two in a row.

~F!nnster

#215725 Chicago Area Nerf Out

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 01 March 2009 - 11:49 AM in Nerf Wars

So crossfire shields can be used, but MantaRay sized shields have to be on smaller guns?

~F!nnster

#215707 Chicago Area Nerf Out

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 01 March 2009 - 08:25 AM in Nerf Wars

Oops, double post, my bad.

~F!nnster

#215630 Chicago Area Nerf Out

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 28 February 2009 - 09:33 PM in Nerf Wars

I figured I might as well make a note that we'll have some (not many) stock darts around for people to use during the war. In connection to that I'll be making a bunch of blowguns to lend out during the war, as well as having some sort of antibacterial cleaner to get mouth-germs off after people use them.

I might even consider a blowgun round. They're ridiculously fun. A few nights ago Zorn and I were playing with two we have in the hallway of our dorm room. Using five feet of SCH 40 PVC (!) and stock screamers I was able to tag one-ten with a bit of skip; plus, they have the best barrel taps ever. Blowguns are awesome.

I'll bring one. Here's another one of my bajillion questions: what are the rules about shields? I wanted to attach a plexiglass shield to one of my Nerf blasters, but I wanted it to be war legal. What are the size limits?

~F!nnster

#215617 Bad News In Nerf-ville.

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 28 February 2009 - 08:54 PM in General Nerf

My social studies teacher (who is awsome, he was a marine, in the airforce, and worked with Chuck Norris) was talking about this the other day. He said that you couldn't even sit in the back seats of some cars because of this.

~F!nnster

#215332 So I Modded My Rf20

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 27 February 2009 - 10:15 AM in Modifications

I dearly applaud you Oodalumps. Although...

1. Could you use a homemade air-bladder instead of sacrificing to magstrikes?
2. Could you attach a homemade PVC airtank instead if you can't do #1?

~F!nnster

#215251 My Homemade Swords

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 26 February 2009 - 09:24 PM in Homemades

[quote name='oh1134' date='Feb 10 2009, 12:29 PM' post='211123']
Posted Image
Anyways, those swords are cool. I've made a numchuck out of cpvc, foam, hot glue and electical tape once.
[/qoute]

Numchuck? I believe that you mean nunchaku.
Cool swords, though.

~F!nnster

#215133 Chicago Area Nerf Out

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 26 February 2009 - 03:32 PM in Nerf Wars

By the war Zorn and I should hopefully have a decent stock of one-shot, two-shot, three-shot, and (gasp) four-shot homemade SMDTG triggers. The four-stage ones will be difficult to fabricate and we'll work on it this weekend but the other three are pretty quick to fabricate.

Do you mean that you're selling these, I'll buy as long as you don't try to rip me off.

~F!nnster