neonerfer's Content

There have been 376 items by neonerfer (Search limited from 02-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#13773 Is This A Good Computer?

Posted by neonerfer on 05 December 2003 - 08:46 PM in Off Topic

I'm building a new computer. Should be ordering it within a week, just got to get my dad to agree on the price, ordering it from New Egg.

Specs:
  • FIC A98P RADEON 9800 Pro 128MB
  • Pentium 4/ 3.0C GHz 800MHz FSB
  • ABIT 875P Motherboard for Socket 478 800MHz Canterwood Model "IC7-Max3"
  • Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 512MBx2 Registered DDR PC-3200 w/ Platinum-Silver Heat Spreader
  • Hitachi 200GB 7200RPM IDE Internal Hard Drive
  • Sony DW-U14A Black DVD+/-RW Recorder Drive
  • Antec 480W Power Supply TRUE480
  • Black Cheiftec case with door-window in side
  • Green cathode voice activated lighting
  • 4 fans (2 green w/ LED's and 2 clear)
  • 19" viewsonic flatscreen monitor
  • Logitech Wireless Mouse-Keyboard combo
Grand total: $ 1,952.86...ouch, but it would be $3000 at Fry's.

I can't wait to get it and put it together, I'm going to make such sweet, sweet lo......errrr...I'll finally be able to play all the latest games at uber speeds!

#13739 Is This A Good Computer?

Posted by neonerfer on 05 December 2003 - 09:47 AM in Off Topic

Um...what computer? Give us some scecs. Assuming that it supports the GeForce 4 and 512 MB DDR, you should have a pretty descent machine. The Ge4 is a nice card for the price, but it won't be able to keep up with the absolute latest games.

#13700 Jspb Lightsaber 'n Shotgun

Posted by neonerfer on 04 December 2003 - 06:44 PM in Homemades

Thirst, using that that exact set up, it would fire at the ground. You'd just need to rearrange some things to make it into a grenade.

#13657 Jspb Lightsaber 'n Shotgun

Posted by neonerfer on 03 December 2003 - 08:26 PM in Homemades

that air desgin might be good for grendes,

That air design would be perfect for grenades!

#13314 Skins, Avatars

Posted by neonerfer on 26 November 2003 - 07:50 PM in Site Feedback

You'd better be thankful that it's blue because to Toj it looks purple.

#13301 Homemade Pistal!

Posted by neonerfer on 26 November 2003 - 02:57 PM in Homemades

Watch your tone young man...

#13268 Homemade Pistal!

Posted by neonerfer on 25 November 2003 - 11:21 PM in Homemades

They're just brass ball valves...

Don't you sass back to me, you disrespectful little bitch!

#13246 Homemade Pistal!

Posted by neonerfer on 25 November 2003 - 04:15 PM in Homemades

Let's call them BBQ valves because I heard he invented them...

#13148 Why Do You Nerf?

Posted by neonerfer on 23 November 2003 - 01:33 AM in General Nerf

I nerf because I'm not allowed to get a paintball or airsoft gun. I like nerf alot, but I haven't fired a gun in a month or so. If you have alot of free time but a tight budget, nerf is perfect. I have very little patience when it comes to modding and planning things out, I'm an instant gratification kinda guy. I'd rather spend money on a paintball gun and now have to worry about it breaking like a nerf gun is prone to do, but for now, nerf works for me. Eventually, I'll just buy a paintball gun and I'm sure that very little of my time will go towards nerf, and my over protective parents will have to deal with it or take it away. For now though, as long as my parents are supporting my hobbies, I'll be nerfing.

#13147 Something Funny

Posted by neonerfer on 23 November 2003 - 01:27 AM in Off Topic

That's the funniest thing that I've read in a long time. Thanks for sharing that with us.

#13131 Michael Jackson

Posted by neonerfer on 22 November 2003 - 05:07 PM in Off Topic

Stop joking around, fucker.

#13124 Michael Jackson

Posted by neonerfer on 22 November 2003 - 02:21 PM in Off Topic

Candy, balloons, wine... and homo-erotic situations.

I'd have to pass.

EDIT: I think you were joking though. Well, I hope you were.

Come on little boy, step into my van. I also have icecream, you'd certainly like some ice cream, wouldn't you? Come over to my side of the bed, little booooooooooooooooooooooooooooy!!

#13122 Michael Jackson

Posted by neonerfer on 22 November 2003 - 01:38 PM in Off Topic

So you fuckers mean to say that if Michael Jackson invited you to a sleep over in never never land, you'd say no?! What the fuck, imagine the candy and balloons! ...and wine!

#13029 Ball Guns

Posted by neonerfer on 19 November 2003 - 08:29 PM in General Nerf

Im getting my hands on a masterblaster which im very happy about, and im gonna try to get a ballzooka and compare them. I was thinking of trying to mod ball guns also, maybe add some type of rifling to the barrells to give the balls some spin which would result in better accuracy and range. Just gotta find time.

You could try to give the balls hop up. Put a small piece of tape on the bottom of one the inside of one of the barrels, so the ball slows down on the bottom and gets back spin. Airsoft guns use hopup and get better range with it.

#13010 Ball Guns

Posted by neonerfer on 19 November 2003 - 02:12 AM in General Nerf

Ball guns are just fun for fucking around with. They're great for attacking innocent people. If I shoot my sister or friend with my crossbow when they're not expecting it, they'll probably get pissed. If I ambush them with a ball blaster, it's all good, as balls don't really hurt too much at all. Janga, why do you have 2-3 pulsators to begin with? I can jizz farther than that thing shoots...

#13009 Yano - New Location Discussion

Posted by neonerfer on 19 November 2003 - 02:08 AM in Nerf Wars

I like it, especially the water area...we should rent some boats and have drive bys(sp...?)....anyways...if Steve's mom can drive I can go, I still have that Milky way bar from last time, I wonder if I could sell it... Count me in, I'll be there.

*edit* Never mind my dad just ate it :blink: ...

Sounds good to me. I've always been fond of Bonelli park.

No boats, due to liability issues, but inflatable rafts are allowed. You've had that milky way for months and your dad just now ate it? You're a fucking lying peice of shit. Wheeglebeeglewhoooobadywhoogle.

#12628 Matrix Revolutions

Posted by neonerfer on 09 November 2003 - 08:42 PM in Off Topic

Spoiler!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Monica Bellucci has beautiful, bouncy breasts. If Persephone had a bigger part, I would have too.

#12619 Bandit X-bow

Posted by neonerfer on 09 November 2003 - 05:27 PM in General Nerf

Perhaps a plunger could be fixed to the string, then a compression chamber and barrel added so it could shoot dart? Thit could be done with a regular crossbow too.

#12565 Matrix Revolutions

Posted by neonerfer on 08 November 2003 - 01:46 AM in Off Topic

Spoilers and shit
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Yeah Janga, I suppose you're right in most areas, I was just venting after the movie. I went with the wrong crowd I suppose, I think they really brought the movie down for me. They talked through the whole thing and certainly made it easier for me to see the negative side of it. Fucking worthless friends... I liked Reloaded better the second time, as it could soak in better. I'll go see Revolutions again. Through their talking and "cool teenaged comments," I'm sure I missed some details. Did they ever explain why Neo had powers outside of The Matrix? The only thing that I got out of it was that The Matrix was born from the real world, so Neo has sentinel stopping powers in both? I hope that's just a misconstrued idea that I have, because if that's true, that's a weak reason. I'm pretty sure that Neo died, as he was so symbolic of a messiah that he was a martyr as well. That doesn't mean he can't return, I'm sure The One will be reborn if the Matrix is ever created again. Reloaded and Revolutions weren't bad movies, I just don't think they could have ever met the expectations everyone had after the first. I'll pirate them both and watch them again to make sure I wasn't just incoherently venting last night.

Oh, and I have seen Animatrix, pretty informative shit. The video game was boring for me, I like Max Payne better, perhaps with a Matrix
mod.

#12550 Happy B-day Sandman

Posted by neonerfer on 07 November 2003 - 08:51 PM in Off Topic

Sandman...eighteen? What the fuck, I thought he was like...a year older than me. Sandy pants, you sneaky, sneaky bastard. How dare you age?!

#12500 Matrix Revolutions

Posted by neonerfer on 06 November 2003 - 10:42 PM in Off Topic

If you read something in the thread that you didn't want to read, don't read a fucking threat entitled "Matrix Reloaded." I mean, what the fuck do you think we're going to talk about in this thread? Sure it was lame of him to spoil it after I specifically asked him not to, but I mean fuck, read it at your own risk; we're going to talk about the movie in this thread, not just our reactions to it.

I'm not going to get specific until I say I am, so keep reading.

I thought that movie fucking sucked. There's good sequals and there's bad sequels. Good sequels usually occur when ONE movie is written and split into multiple parts due to time constraints. Bad sequels occur when one good movie is written, and more movies are just added onto it. These movies are usually jam packed of shit, such as the ever famous, "Well we should probably answer all the questions brought up earlier, so let's just make some bull shit up." Let's just fix one plot hole with a bigger plot hole here. A little to the left...there you go that's just right. Reloaded and Revolutions weren't bad movies, but if you don't think you can do any better than the first then why the fuck would you release any more movies? Ah, that's right...money. I don't think any ending would have really satisfied me much, but I suppose the could have done alot worse. I think I would have been happier with just the first Matrix movie. I mean, fuck, the second one was more amusing than this one. They didn't really meaningfully answer any questions that I had, I could have made up better answers. If you're still reading this, scroll past the next part.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Neo and Trinity die, Zion commander dies, Agent Smith is destroyed, Matrix and humans are at "peace." Since man created the machines and the machines created the matrix then man indirectly created The Matrix. Man isn't perfect, thus the Matrix isn't perfect, and there will always be anomalies in it. All peace treaties are temperary; and since man created the Matrix; machines can lie, cheat, and steal just as well as we can. They'll be at peace for a while, the machines will come back, the Matrix will exist for a while, errors in the Matrix will just pile up and "Neo" will be reborn to do it all over again. Lather, rinse, repeat...

#12437 Matrix Revolutions

Posted by neonerfer on 06 November 2003 - 12:22 AM in Off Topic

Better than reloaded, I presume? I'd like to see it, maybe this weekend. And so as not to ruin it for everyone who hasn't seen it, please start any spoilers with "**************SPOILER**************," or something equally flambouyant. The Architecht = super hot. He should have been cast as Trinity.

#12271 Breach-loading Bolt Action Homemade

Posted by neonerfer on 02 November 2003 - 09:21 PM in Homemades

Heh, I remember my first Breach-loading bolt action. Those were the days...

#12270 Ah!

Posted by neonerfer on 02 November 2003 - 09:19 PM in Off Topic

He feels that making an exceptionally long post will compensate for other unmentionable things.

#12267 Coffee Can Cannon

Posted by neonerfer on 02 November 2003 - 07:57 PM in Homemades

Make a drum. Or perhaps a nice top hat. You could always make an enormous explosive with a very short fuse. Better yet, make a drum-bomb-hat. Yeah, go with the latter, but make sure they're used simulataneously.

#12049 Sd Fires

Posted by neonerfer on 28 October 2003 - 12:12 PM in Off Topic

~snip~

Where in the Cal do you live?

Uh, it's really scary out right now...the fire started in Simi Valley, moved to Northridge, then Porter Ranch, now Chatsworth, I'm next up on the list. :lol:

It's not pleasant. I don't know how much longer my house is going to last. When I go outside it's hard to breathe because the layer of smoke is so thick.

The flames are 4 miles away from my house.

I live in north San Diego county. Bonsall/Vista/Escondido area. Four miles? Jesus, hope everything is okay. The smoke is very visable outside, I walked out and there was just smoke everywhere. I don't think I'll be going outside at all today.

Edit: Smoke's getting worse. This is just...PEACHY! They're probably going to turn off the water soon so they can have more pressure, I should go shower.

#12038 Sd Fires

Posted by neonerfer on 27 October 2003 - 11:19 PM in Off Topic

The main fires are not more than 20-25 miles away from my house, we haven't been evacuated. There was a fire about 10 miles away in a huge track home place, they evacuated everyone, all the kids who lived there at school today got pulled out of class. They're all fine though, no homes lost. Friends of friend's houses have burned to the ground, but none of my close friends have been evacuated. Alot of people can see the fires from their homes, and a friend in San Diego was almost evacuated. We live in an adobe house, and there are well-watered, green avocado groves all around, so we're not too worried. The only way for our house to catch fire would be the eaves then the roof, so even if there was fire we'd just water the eaves. The grove's being heavily irrigated as a result of the drought too, so we're not too worried at all. Smoke's died down a bit, it was horrible at school though. We didn't even dress out for cross-country today, so I left early, and we don't have school tommorow and probably not on Wed either because the air quality is so poor. We get a couple holidays, but they're not worth all the homes and lives lost. Thanks for the concern, but we're all okay 'round here...so far. I'll keep you guys posted.

#11796 Webcomics

Posted by neonerfer on 23 October 2003 - 08:45 PM in Off Topic

I read Penny-Arcade, Real Life, and Player VS Player on a daily basis.

#11610 Best Conversation Starters

Posted by neonerfer on 20 October 2003 - 11:42 PM in Off Topic

Oh my God, not OutBurst. Please, God, anyone but OutBurst...

#11567 War Movie

Posted by neonerfer on 19 October 2003 - 02:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Heh, that's pretty cool. Nice sound effects too.

#11559 Halo

Posted by neonerfer on 18 October 2003 - 06:00 PM in Off Topic

I just played the Halo PC demo and loved it. Giving a PC Gamer a controller is a sin against God...the PC version suits my tastes much better. I just played online for 5-10 minutes and ended up winning. I think all the kiddies who are used to controllers aren't used to a mouse because I went 16-8 on them. The closest person was 8-8.

#11427 In A Few Years...

Posted by neonerfer on 14 October 2003 - 06:08 PM in General Nerf

Nice point....maybe I do smoke? :huh:

Look at those shifty eyes. He's a paranoid fuck. He's probably high right now...

#11390 San Diego Nerfers Please Respond

Posted by neonerfer on 13 October 2003 - 09:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, I'm Steve. You can call me Dr. B. Knucks. I'm pretty much the head of the largest San Diego based clan, we've got about 12 active nerfers around my area. There's some people in Rancho Bernardo, but they don't nerf much now. Then there's scattered people all throughout the county. We're located in Northern San Diego County, in the Fallbrook/Bonsall/Vista area. I hold a San Diego Nerf Out in Escondido once or twice a year, usually in the summer. We have wars every so often, but with school, we're really nerfing less. The biggest wars in CA are the LANO's, YANO's, and Armageddon; watch for those threads. Those are in Irvine, but the location we have played at for years is now not a possibility, so we're going to have to figure something out. You'll have to talk to Kev(CXWQ) or Spoon for more info about those wars, they organize them. Southern CA is definately a good place to live in if you're a nerfer. What part of SD do you live in?

#11389 Halo

Posted by neonerfer on 13 October 2003 - 09:12 PM in Off Topic

Missile Command, Atari 2600.

#11386 In A Few Years...

Posted by neonerfer on 13 October 2003 - 09:04 PM in General Nerf

What are you like 10 Alexthebeast? The guys at that website could sell oregano, and at least you wouldn't notice the difference.

Coming from Mantis, Nerf Haven's Cannabis Sativa expert.

#11341 A New Use For Nerf Guns!

Posted by neonerfer on 12 October 2003 - 09:05 PM in Off Topic

Wow...if that got me that kind of response...I'll make more pictures like that.

Well Groove, you know it never takes much for you to get us excited.

#11310 Just Stop Encouraging It

Posted by neonerfer on 11 October 2003 - 10:53 PM in Off Topic

Mabee a test or somthing to see if their really into it or just posers.

I'm a poser.

#11305 In A Few Years...

Posted by neonerfer on 11 October 2003 - 10:01 PM in General Nerf

One word: newbies

I AM THE FUTURE!!!

Nerf is only gonna die if there are no more nerf guns make. The toy company has the power.

Nerf is only the way it is b/c of a hand full of people. Stefan, Spoon, Vacc, CXQW. Scores of other not so famous people. Nerf is the way it it because we made that way, NOOBS have the power to make it boom or bust, NErf is growing.

Heh, I remember when I was the future. Those were the days...

#11286 December YANO Planning Thread

Posted by neonerfer on 11 October 2003 - 02:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, this is pretty bad. I've been absolutely swamped, especially on the weekends with school and cross-country. I'll be sure to try and organize a SDNO every now and again, but not having Venaldo is going to suck. Anyone have a really big back yard?

#11285 New Skin

Posted by neonerfer on 11 October 2003 - 02:19 PM in Site Feedback

Well I like this skin alot more than the lighter one, but I eagerly await good 'ol black 'n' blue.