Grinch's Content

There have been 603 items by Grinch (Search limited from 15-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#50545 Max Shot Troubles

Posted by Grinch on 25 March 2005 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

*snip*

Yeah, but what I should have done was strengthen it from the beginning. For those who haven't had it happen, make sure you reinforce it.

I'm going to try to use plastic cement to "weld" the breaks together. Then, I'm going to use K&S sheet aluminum to brace them with epoxy. Sound good?

#50483 Max Shot Troubles

Posted by Grinch on 25 March 2005 - 02:59 AM in Modifications

I've told you guys, epoxy just isn't strong enough. I think I need plastic cement.

#50482 Ipods

Posted by Grinch on 25 March 2005 - 02:57 AM in Off Topic

Dude, I'm not sure if you're trying to be funny, but no one have ever done that.

#50451 Cxwq Crosses Into The Realm Of Pop Culture

Posted by Grinch on 24 March 2005 - 07:47 PM in Off Topic

Half, you weren't much better when you first joined. Need I remind you of your first post:

OMFG! I LIVE IN NIAGARA FALLS ONTARIO CANADA!!!! And my momm says i can come!!!!!! YAAY!

:lol:

#50450 Ipods

Posted by Grinch on 24 March 2005 - 07:44 PM in Off Topic

The iRiver H320 specs on the website don't say anything about playing movies.

Oh, and Hammer, of course the battery is rechargeable! Do you think you would spend $300 to use an iPod for 12 hours and then throw it away?

#50438 Ipods

Posted by Grinch on 24 March 2005 - 02:39 PM in Off Topic

I personally think iPods are getting really hyped up now. Sure I'd want one, but I could care less with a CD Player that cost $40 and can hold 300-400 songs per cd.

300-400 songs per CD? That's total bullshit. A music CD-R, the only kind that can play on a portable CD-player, can hold 80 minutes, max. In order to hold 300 songs, you'd have them all .26 of a second long.

A data CD might be able to hold 300-400 songs, but you still can't play it on a CD player.

#50418 Ipods

Posted by Grinch on 24 March 2005 - 12:21 AM in Off Topic

Well, you know what "mini-computer" means. If its based on XP, then it's bound to have bugs. I don't want freezing.

iPod + 1 :lol:

#50403 The Mp5 Nite Finder Navy.

Posted by Grinch on 23 March 2005 - 09:46 PM in Modifications

It seems like taking off a whole forestock to load the gun would take forever.

I would still paint it black. :lol:

#50400 Max Shot Troubles

Posted by Grinch on 23 March 2005 - 09:42 PM in Modifications

Excuse my horrible pun. I originally posted this in April of 2004 right here on NerfHaven...and I've yet to find a way to fix it. Epoxy, hot glue, Plumber's Goop...they are all not strong enough. I can't figure a way to get this baby together again.

Does anybody know something that can really hold to pieces of plastic together? Would a metal brace work?

Here's the pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#50398 Ipods

Posted by Grinch on 23 March 2005 - 09:38 PM in Off Topic

Wait, are you guys saying you can actually save an play movies on the Iriver?

#50306 White Brackets Around Smilies

Posted by Grinch on 22 March 2005 - 09:03 PM in Site Feedback

No problemo.

#50226 White Brackets Around Smilies

Posted by Grinch on 22 March 2005 - 01:50 AM in Site Feedback

Call it an inspiration. I had some free time and decided to fix up them smilies that have had those fugly white borders since last year.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

It only took about an hour, mainly because of the animated ones. I didn't get around to doing the rolling eye one.

Whatever, upload them onto the NH server if you wish.

Love, Grinchy

#50222 Modded Xbox

Posted by Grinch on 22 March 2005 - 12:47 AM in Off Topic

I've done it. I'm still working on figuring out a way to light up my clear jewel. I think a round cathode would work great. I also put 3mm blue and green LEDs in the breakaway cables. If you want to know how, just ask. ;)

#50118 Better Than A Nite Finder ?

Posted by Grinch on 20 March 2005 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

Awesome. Here's my opinions, though. I think you should put a vertical bar that connects both cocking handles. That way, you could prime both guns simutaneously. Oh, and I would also try cleaning it up just a little bit. Then it might look like this:

Posted Image

Either way, awesome job.

#50116 Ipods

Posted by Grinch on 20 March 2005 - 07:24 PM in Off Topic

No way, sorry, it's iPod or nothin'. Last time I bought a different mp3 player and was disappointed. I don't care about the price. I definitely want a pod.

#50071 Ipods

Posted by Grinch on 20 March 2005 - 03:11 AM in Off Topic

Alright, one more question. :)

What's the difference between the regular iPod and the iPod+HP?

#50069 Ipods

Posted by Grinch on 20 March 2005 - 02:35 AM in Off Topic

Okay, I've got lots of questions about iPods. I've been dying for one of these things, but I'd like to clarify a few things first:

1) What's the difference between the 1st and 2nd generation iPods? As far as I can tell, I don't see any physical changes.

2) The 4GB iPod Mini claims to hold 1,000 songs. Now, say I have 3,000 songs but they still only take up 4GB. Does the iPod mini run on capacity or does it just stop accepting new songs once it reaches 1,000?

3) If you were to make a suggestion, should I get the 3rd generation touch sensitive iPod or the 4th generation click-wheel?

4) Where's the best place to get a good price on an iPod?

5) Is the 5th generation iPod going to arrive soon? If so, should I wait until it comes out before ordering one?

6) Does the iPod shuffle allow you to choose a playlist or is it completely random?

Thanks a lot,

Grinch

#50068 Haunted Nintendo!

Posted by Grinch on 20 March 2005 - 02:25 AM in Off Topic

Jesus, someone paid $225 for a used Nintendo system? You can get them at Gamestop for $30.

Anyways, I think everything can pretty much be explained by faulty wiring. The arrow moving to two player (as well as the whole start button thing) is probably something with the controller port.

The voices thing I've actually had similar experiences with. Old systems like that don't have AV cables. They have RF modulators, which get extremely sensitive after a decade of use and will produce visual and audio static. As a matter of fact, my Sega Genesis' RF modulator would phase the screen at the slightest tap, and produce some pretty annoying audio static on some occasions. I bought a new-old-stock AV cable for it on eBay and now it runs like new.

It's amazing what a good description on eBay can do. Oh, by the way, I'm going to be selling my new version SuperMaxx 1500 soon. Beware, though, as it's haunted. Sometimes, the trigger *gasp* snaps in two!

#49224 Somebody Hacked Spanky!

Posted by Grinch on 10 March 2005 - 01:43 AM in General Nerf

Okay, so socially unsatisfied douchebag hacker changed the passwords through a security hole.
Do we know what has been deleted, if anything, and what's left? Or what other sort of damage has been done?

Dude, the entire database has been deleted, as well as ALL the site content.

#49218 Somebody Hacked Spanky!

Posted by Grinch on 10 March 2005 - 01:23 AM in General Nerf

Until further notice...

Posted Image

#49211 Somebody Hacked Spanky!

Posted by Grinch on 10 March 2005 - 12:44 AM in General Nerf

I've told you guys a billion times that that Cyber site isn't the hacker's one. It's the BlizzHackers website I posted earlier.

Oh, and IS, you're a douche. We're all worried about NHQ and you're promoting your own site.

I called Spanky and told him the news. He wasn't home...

#49196 Somebody Hacked Spanky!

Posted by Grinch on 09 March 2005 - 11:11 PM in General Nerf

I've been posting by just hitting the stop button.

I've called Spanky (by telephone) and I found where the hacking began:

http://blizzhackers....der=asc&start=0

Bastards.

#49184 Somebody Hacked Spanky!

Posted by Grinch on 09 March 2005 - 10:41 PM in General Nerf

Don't panic? We're totally fucked. If Spanky doesn't have backup, NHQ is gone forever.

#49161 Old Screenshots

Posted by Grinch on 09 March 2005 - 08:44 PM in Site Feedback

For some random reason, I just found a bunch of old screenshots I took of NC and NH back in the day. I just thought I'd post 'em here because they're kind of cool to look at.

Sorry, large filesizes. 56k beware!

http://img225.exs.cx.../6431/nh7ok.jpg

http://img225.exs.cx...aven_com7zh.jpg

http://img225.exs.cx.../2933/nc8rv.jpg

#49153 Robot Chicken

Posted by Grinch on 09 March 2005 - 08:21 PM in Off Topic

What do you mean by stop motion?

Wow, dude. Just wow.

Stop motion is when you move the clay a very small bit, and film it for a short time (like 1/10th of a second). Then, you move the clay a little bit more, and film that. Put it all together after months of work and you've got animation. It's kinda life a flipbook.

#48972 Robot Chicken

Posted by Grinch on 07 March 2005 - 07:12 PM in Off Topic

I just saw the one with the amazing "race". I love how they portray Mario, Luigi, and Batman.

#48647 Robot Chicken

Posted by Grinch on 04 March 2005 - 12:13 AM in Off Topic

I heard about Robot Chicken, a new show on Adult Swim. Has anybody seen it yet? I'm curious as to know how it is.

#48088 Vinyl VS. Compact Disc

Posted by Grinch on 26 February 2005 - 01:13 PM in Off Topic

Your image ain't workin'.

#48059 It Makes Sense Now!

Posted by Grinch on 25 February 2005 - 11:26 PM in Off Topic

bty all what he didnt mention is 1337 is computer codiing lol

What the fuck are you talking about? Haha, 1337 is just letter substitution, not computer coding.

Is this just going to turn into another 1337 5P34K thread?

#48058 I Am Back ! Jspb Sport

Posted by Grinch on 25 February 2005 - 11:24 PM in General Nerf

Your site never loads for me.

#48044 Vinyl VS. Compact Disc

Posted by Grinch on 25 February 2005 - 07:17 PM in Off Topic

I don't know what it is, but vinyl has a certain warmth to it. So, when manufacturers advertise with 24-bit mastering, it's stupid because it's only pressed at 16-bit.

Now I know why the Beatles Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab VINYLS sell for so much. You're getting perfect sound and 100% of the music. People are paying $600+ for one LP.

#47967 Nerfworld And Nerfaholics

Posted by Grinch on 24 February 2005 - 06:42 PM in Off Topic

Fixed everything.

#47910 Vinyl VS. Compact Disc

Posted by Grinch on 24 February 2005 - 01:04 AM in Off Topic

Sorry to double post, but does anyone know what bit the new Mobile Fidelity gold CD's are? Are they 16-bit or 24-bit?

Posted Image

#47904 Nerfworld And Nerfaholics

Posted by Grinch on 23 February 2005 - 11:48 PM in Off Topic

No problem IS, i'll add it sometime later.

#47885 Nerfworld And Nerfaholics

Posted by Grinch on 23 February 2005 - 09:25 PM in Off Topic

Sorry Jin, they seem to be working for me. It may be your browser.

#47880 Nerfworld And Nerfaholics

Posted by Grinch on 23 February 2005 - 08:48 PM in Off Topic

www.nerfworld.com

After months, I've gotten off my lazy ass and put Nerfaholics on NerfWorld. Have a blast of nostalgia and enjoy.

~Grinch

P.S. Sorry about the disclaimer, but...you should be intelligent enough to figure why it's there.

#47596 Vinyl VS. Compact Disc

Posted by Grinch on 20 February 2005 - 01:07 AM in Off Topic

I can't put vinyl on my IPod.

You can't put shit on your iPod because you don't have one.

Dude...owned.

#47541 Vinyl VS. Compact Disc

Posted by Grinch on 18 February 2005 - 10:35 PM in Off Topic

*snicker*

Vinyl is owning 33 percent of the vote.

Get it?

[/pun]

#47513 Vinyl VS. Compact Disc

Posted by Grinch on 18 February 2005 - 07:01 PM in Off Topic

24-bit mastered CDs are still pressed 16-bit.  Since it's a digital conversion, every ounce of extra fidelity from the 24-bit master is removed with surgical precision.
And as for MoFi CDs, those are off original master tapes, not vinyl.  And MoFi vinyl sounds even better than that; I have the MoFi copy of Dark Side of the Moon, and it's absolutely flawless.

Ah, but that's where you're wrong. I've got a few Beatles bootlegs that are sourced from MoFi virgin vinyl and pressed on silver 24-bit CDs. They retain all the warmth of vinyl, as well as MoFi's insane audiophile quality.

Anyways, for those who care (and know the value of this), look what a just snagged at a garage sale for $50:

Posted Image

#47437 Vinyl VS. Compact Disc

Posted by Grinch on 17 February 2005 - 07:27 PM in Off Topic

The 2^16 waveforms possible in 16-bit digital recording are insufficient to describe music perfectly.

True, but what about the new 24-bit masters I've heard of?

Personally, the best CD's I've ever heard are Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab tapes sourced from virgin vinyl and put onto CD.