Photo

Haunted Nintendo!

40 replies to this topic

#1 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 03:44 PM

I was recently browsing around on ebay when I stumbled upon this a Haunted NES.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...ssPageName=WDVW
Personally I think it may be true what do you think?

Feel free to tell ghost stories.

Edited by Dark Shrimp, 19 March 2005 - 01:48 AM.

Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 15 March 2005 - 04:13 PM

Wow, somebody's gonna pay over $177.50 for it. That's cool and all, but I think it's retarded someone would pay that much for a 'haunted' NES. Good find, though.
SexD Warves

#3 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:15 PM

The pause thing is fault wiring, mine used to do that.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#4 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:18 PM

Some people have far too much time on their hands. Don't hold your breath for this one guys; I suspect faulty wiring, and a guy who belongs in a schizofrenia institution.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#5 Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:49 PM

Thats a little creepy. I don't believe in ghosts, but demons I do believe in...
Webmaster of Ultima Nerf

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:05 PM

Wow, now that I look harder, I do see an eye and a mouth under the cartridge slot in the first picture. That's frickin' scary. Does anyone else see it? No foolin', I really do see it.
SexD Warves

#7 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:13 PM

Wow, now that I look harder, I do see an eye and a mouth under the cartridge slot in the first picture. That's frickin' scary. Does anyone else see it? No foolin', I really do see it.

To be honest, I really don't see it at all. This auction is just one of those retarded things on ebay people do to jack up the price of their auction. I don't believe in ghosts and whatnot, and I really have no desire to spend almost $200 on an NES (as tempting as that may be), just because some guy says it's haunted.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#8 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:22 PM

I don't really believe it either. I really do see something that looks like a face though. Seriously. I don't think it's haunted, but if you look real hard, you can see a face. It's just sort of odd. I'd pay $60 for an NES, even if it wasn't 'haunted.'
SexD Warves

#9 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:28 PM

Well, i'd be more interested in the counsel itself. I mean seriously, if this so called haunted NES was haunted in the first place. I still wouldn't buy it. I'd try it for shits and giggles, but i wouldn't waist that kind of money only to find out duck hunt is possessed and I have to get some exersist to come and clense it before those mallards all come out in some demonic form. Or to find out it does absolutely nothing abnormal. Ok, that demonic duck part was little too far and was more of a joke but whatever, you get my point.

Edit- I remember seeing an NES at a thrift store a few months back for about 30 dollars
with awhole bunch of games scattered around for about 60 cents each.

Edited by 3nerfiteers, 15 March 2005 - 09:39 PM.

Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#10 TED

TED

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:44 PM

I remember this one time I was walking around this abandoned house. And in one of the rooms I noticed a funsize Milky-way on a desk so I walked in and reached for the candy. Then a ghost came and hit me on the back with a stick. I reached for it again and the ghost again whacked me with the stick. This went on for about twenty minutes and I accepted that ghosts are real and that they're very protective of their candy. This is a true story and that's why I think this NES is haunted.

#11 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:49 PM

I remember this one time I was walking around this abandoned house. And in one of the rooms I noticed a funsize Milky-way on a desk so I walked in and reached for the candy. Then a ghost came and hit me on the back with a stick. I reached for it again and the ghost again whacked me with the stick. This went on for about twenty minutes and I accepted that ghosts are real and that they're very protective of their candy. This is a true story and that's why I think this NES is haunted.

I lost 7 IQ points just reading that post.

You need to set your priorities straight; get help.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#12 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:52 PM

Well, although i don't beleive (sp?) dark shrimps post, it does bring back memories of halloween dares to go into abandoned houses. Sigh, i miss it already. ;)
Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#13 TED

TED

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:10 PM

Hey everything I said was true! Even ask Tenesee23 he'll tell you I'm not making it up.
Personally I think you gain 7 points of IQ by reading my story which was NOT made up and a complete lie.

#14 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:22 PM

You know I really had to give this thread some thought. It takes alot out of a person to constantly have to be sharpening their axe when you have to stop so many stupid comments in a day. I mean really the human body can only swing an axe so many times before it starts to wear you down. So with that said, I have to say Dark, that while we had some modding conversation and I really don't truely think your an idiot, your message really speaks for itself.

It like the monkey that gets shocked everytime he tries to take the bananna. If you indeed did this for 20 minutes, you'd be a dead monkey. Not to mention, when did ghost become a code word for homeless guy these days? I mean it could have been a child molester, but I don't see why he would be hitting you with a stick. I mean, if I were a child molester, personally, I'd just want to feel your genitals. That's just me though.

The absurdity of what you just said pretty much does my job for me. The rest of you, don't be fucking idiots and reply to it, you know it's BS, so don't give in.

On the other hand, I had a posessed controller once. There was a team killing demon who lived in my left trigger who would chuck grenades without me pulling the trigger. Seemed that everytime I got into a tight spot with my team, we'd all be dead in a matter of minutes. Ask Warlock, it's true, he was in the room with me. Turns out though, sonovabitch was hiding in the contact, and I used some holy rubbing alcohol to get him out. Worked well.

Talio.

Edit: I'm a jackass, I missed the part where you fessed up to it being a lie. Good show.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#15 Jester

Jester

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 12:33 AM

I thought the Demon Ducky was more entertaining, but thats just me.
Member of the Chaos Brigade. Home to the Elite Iowa Nerfers.

#16 Avatar of WoeBrian

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • State:California

Posted 16 March 2005 - 12:57 AM

Haha this is one of the funniest things I've ever read :w00t:
The haunted rubber ducky was scary hehe. :nugget:

#17 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:57 AM

Did they have one like this? That was about a rubber ducky???

Edit:...oh...Blonde moment...

Edited by Bad_Karma, 16 March 2005 - 09:58 AM.

Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#18 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:57 PM

I was about to say, is this the same person who auctioned the "haunted ducky" with the green sharpie mark and the neato story?

The voices could be weak signal, and some signal from the regular TV is breaking through.

I also think It's foolish to pay any more for something that's supernaturally faulty.
Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#19 Avatar of WoeBrian

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • State:California

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:03 AM

I was about to say, is this the same person who auctioned the "haunted ducky" with the green sharpie mark and the neato story?

The voices could be weak signal, and some signal from the regular TV is breaking through.

I also think It's foolish to pay any more for something that's supernaturally faulty.

Are you serious? It's the same guy? He'S Cheating the Ebay Buyers! Ok

#20 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 02:54 AM

I hate when "paranormal" shit like this pops up on ebay. Its just pathetic to see people make money off normal shit.

I always get the chills when i see them though..

#21 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:08 PM

I think it's funny...Just because people believe it...and pay for it.
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#22 Suave

Suave

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 02:08 PM

That's what I was thinking too.

#23 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 03:00 PM

Are you serious? It's the same guy? He'S Cheating the Ebay Buyers! Ok

HE didn't say that it was the same guy. He said he was just about to ask if it was.

I had to read it twice though. I made the same mistake.
Go Team FuckBuddy!

#24 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 03:05 PM

My roommate Sean has a haunted iPod. But bear with me, this is the GOOD kind of haunt.

Everyone else that comes to our room HATES Richard Cheese. You know, the lounge singer who does remakes of popular songs? So, unfortunately, Sean's iPod that has a lot of Richard Cheese on it gets ignored. Apparently the very soul of Richard Cheese the lounge singer has possessed his iPod, because even if the room's occupants don't want to listen, he comes on. Perhaps he's lonely...?

In my understanding, if you set a playlist, say "classical music" which is a folder in your iPod or other media device, only that playlist should be heard. But, to the frustration of our friends and the enjoyment of ours, Richard Cheese forces his way onto the playlist very frequently. And the weird thing is, if you get up to check the iPod to look at the status during one of these haunts, it HAS switched to a Richard Cheese playlist, but it isn't the one Sean made that has all his Richard Cheese stuff in it. None of the songs are listed, it cycles through a blank playlist of his ghostly material.

Not only that, but sometimes when we leave the iPod off but plugged into the stereo, it will randomly come on, blasting some sweet Richard Cheese into our ears. One would think that Apple has time to work out bugs like these, but perhaps it truly is something paranormal about Sean's iPod. Spooky eh?
"The 'dance goes on..."

#25 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 07:59 PM

I've had that voice thing happen once, and only once. My dad, my brother and I were playing Perfect Dark on our N64 and all of the sudden we heard voices. It was this real deep voice, like some guy talking, and we (since we don't know anything about electronics) figured we were picking up a signal from a radio or something. That was pretty cool. But after about thirty seconds it went away.
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users