Swords's Content

There have been 107 items by Swords (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#157535 At2k Mod (write-up)

Posted by Swords on 31 May 2008 - 10:44 AM in Modifications

Nice Job, but it's hard to understand without pictures. All writeups need pictures.

Anyways, I don't completely believe your ranges, but I'm not going to start an argument about it.

#157320 Ntdmg

Posted by Swords on 28 May 2008 - 08:42 PM in Homemades

well, I high gear ratio would work, but I think you should use the fly wheel idea. I'm not sure of what it's officially called, but it's like half a gear. When you crank it, it pulls the plunger back, and when the gear gets to the half with no teeth, a spring pushes the plunger foward. You might try that.

#157319 Bay Area Nerf War

Posted by Swords on 28 May 2008 - 08:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, I know me and pwnchu are in the bay area. We usually have our group that host wars. One time we had 50+ people at an indoor war. So if you can't organize one, you have a few choices, either wait for someone to start one, make one yourself, or get a few friends to play with you.

#157308 Ntdmg

Posted by Swords on 28 May 2008 - 06:55 PM in Homemades

But if you do do that, you really can't crank it slowly or else your plunger would be traveling to slow to give the dart a good kick, therefore it would just flop out. So if your going to make it like this, you'll need to crank fast to get the speed you need.

#157083 Primary Ranges

Posted by Swords on 26 May 2008 - 07:17 PM in General Nerf

LS:80-85 feet
MS: 60 feet

I love the longshot because it has nice rof and range.

I love the Magstrike cause I can just charge in and not miss.

#156550 Summer

Posted by Swords on 21 May 2008 - 07:17 PM in Off Topic

June 12 is our official last day of school, but out graduation is jacked up so its on June 11. So the last day is basically ditch day.

#156547 Firefly Modification.

Posted by Swords on 21 May 2008 - 07:04 PM in Modifications

Im going to do this as soon as I get my FF. I think that I will add a NF spring, or a SS2 spring, if nerfer75 doesn't buy it from me. Is that silicone stuff glue? I couldn't tell by looking at the picture.

It looks like a silicone sealant used around sinks and bathtubes.

It has the same use as plumbers putty. But do not use plumbers putty because it does not like to stick in my experience. When you first apply this stuff, it is like fat (greasy but not liquidy). After about a day, it will not be greasy anymore but it will stretch and compress without giving stress. but it sticks and blocks airflow.

#156441 Firefly Modification.

Posted by Swords on 20 May 2008 - 10:17 PM in Modifications

I've always liked fireflys more than mavericks. So here is a very simple modification to give the firefly another 15-20 feet.

Step 1: You'll want to follow all the instructions of taking the air restrictors out as seen here:
http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=4964&hl=

Step 2: Get your Silicone that looks like this:
Posted Image
They have these at your local home depot. Take your plunger tube and apply a coat over it so it looks like this:
Posted Image
This drastically increases the seal and already gives it another 5-10 feet.

Step 3: Add another spring. I used one out of a broken maverick.

Step 4: Add a thicker O-ring and improve the seal. Lubricate it well with silicone.

Assemble your firefly back together and have fun with it!
Posted Image
Ranges are 55-60 feet.

#156327 Balloon Grenade

Posted by Swords on 19 May 2008 - 07:09 PM in Homemades

I think I'd rather stick to my idea of throwing darts. No seriously, the code of conduct is the key to not getting banned. Well, maybe you do want to get banned.

#156110 The Iron Man Ff

Posted by Swords on 18 May 2008 - 09:28 AM in General Nerf

That's a nice find. I got 65ish out of my firefly. I'm working on a writeup.

#156109 Sportsman Shooting Toys Shotgun. Version 2

Posted by Swords on 18 May 2008 - 09:18 AM in General Nerf

I bet Chuck Norris could have broken it just by looking at it. Great, now I'm not going to get one of these. Fantastic job on the video. Give it what it was meant for.

#155928 Discussion: Comfortable Blaster Shells

Posted by Swords on 15 May 2008 - 07:00 PM in General Nerf

I really love the NF's grip. It just seems to melt in my hand more than any other gun I've felt. Of course, I've never held a crossbow, so I don't know how I feel about those.

#155846 Recon Faster Reload?

Posted by Swords on 14 May 2008 - 07:09 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

I don't see the point of that. It'll probably cost another $20-$30 if you want a quiet motor, and who knows if it will work? There's really not that much space in a recon to install that. I personally think that the recon can reload fast enough. Of course, It may not be as fast as a longshot or BBB, but compare it to a titan. Seriously, the recon is barely less than a longshot. It won't make that big of a difference. Plus, complicating it more by adding batteries and motors will only make the failure rate higher.

#155732 Wayne Tech Tri-fire Blaster

Posted by Swords on 13 May 2008 - 07:58 PM in Modifications

That thing is so small, and so complicated internally. I'm kinda afraid that a lot of pieces will need reinforcement since they're so small.

#155731 Favorite Older Computer Game.

Posted by Swords on 13 May 2008 - 07:52 PM in Off Topic

Starcraft, Roller Coaster Tycoon, and Metal Slug.

Boy, I was so excited when we first got our PS1. Now I look back and see how bad the graphics were. There were so many glitches in those games. I remember spending many happy hours playing CTR and the original DDR.

#155644 Guitar Lessons

Posted by Swords on 12 May 2008 - 09:29 PM in Off Topic

Well, I've been teaching myself for 3 years now. After you get the basics down you don't really need a teacher. You can get some TABS at this website. There really is no need for a teacher and online music is hard to find. Not much to it.

#155566 L.i.d. The Official Write-up

Posted by Swords on 12 May 2008 - 10:34 AM in Homemades

Can you post a size comparison picture just so we know how big it is. Compare it to a NF or some gun that we all have the size of. It seems to me like the ranges that you are getting are not what they could be. It's either your gun is smaller than I think, or you have a bad seal on your plunger head and plunger tube.

#155441 Net Gun

Posted by Swords on 11 May 2008 - 08:53 AM in Modifications

Try a Lacrosse stick.

#155310 Net Gun

Posted by Swords on 10 May 2008 - 09:43 AM in Modifications

Well, something like that would probably work 5% of the time. I think you would rather shoot a gun at the person you shot it at you and dodge the one coming. But if it makes you happy, go ahead and do it. I don't know if 3 reactors would have enough power. It depends on what your planning to fire.

#155188 Magstrike: Won't Fire Off A Clip?

Posted by Swords on 08 May 2008 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

I had the same problem with mine a while ago. After probing around my magstrike, I found that my piston was placed too far foward. There is a little ridge where the piston meets the shell, and the ridge of the shell fits between the ridges of the piston or else that will happen. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, I'll try to find a picture.

#154966 I Need Some Ms Help

Posted by Swords on 06 May 2008 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

I sanded the walls of mine down, but I really don't think it is necessary if you are keeping the original clamp because the stock clamp is the almost the same length as the walls. So even if you did sand them down, the bladder would never reach back there so I don't think it will make such a big difference.

#154773 Nerf Homemade Combustion Grenade

Posted by Swords on 05 May 2008 - 07:13 PM in Homemades

If you came to one of my wars, I'd be like, sorry, I don't want to play with you. Mainly because we host nerf wars. I think that crosses the line of what should be allowed at a nerf war. In my opinion, that is not much better than a bomb. But if its just for experimental fun, that is a pretty cool idea.

#154768 Airtech 2000 Stock Add On

Posted by Swords on 05 May 2008 - 06:57 PM in Modifications

Nice job, although I do like a stock to be removable, especially in this case.

#154169 Automatic Gun Idea

Posted by Swords on 01 May 2008 - 06:48 PM in General Nerf

The difficulty on that is very high. Why don't you go try it and show us your results?

#153923 Other Hobbies Aside From Nerfing?

Posted by Swords on 29 April 2008 - 08:48 PM in Off Topic

Guitar, Model Airplanes, Bass, Nerf, Lip Syncs, Videos, Jokes, Movies, Friends, all that good stuff.

#153889 Longshot Mod

Posted by Swords on 29 April 2008 - 07:43 PM in Modifications

Why does everyone insist on making the Recon and Longshot shoot taggers? They jam in the magazine, the head interferes with the dart receiver and dart tooth.

I only see one of these issues being addressed, and that's done by cutting off the dart receiver. They'll still jam in the magazine and rub early against the dart tooth when pushed forward.

It's much easier to mod the taggers themselves than to fuck around with the gun's mechanisms, so for all I suggest making custom dart taggers until you're ready to do a breech.

Well, consider this scenario: You are playing an intense game with a lot of participants, and you've just fired your last streamline/CDTS/long stefan (i.e. stuff that fits/works in a stock LS). All of your ammo is now 40-50 feet away from you at best. What do you do?

If you've done a mod like this, you can pick up anything they have been firing back at you (stock taggers, micros, screamers, etc) that will fit in your clip, and keep on shooting.

If not, then all you can do is run, and hope they don't get you!

I would much rather pull out my sidearm instead of pulling out the clip, loading darts, and shoving the clip back in.

#153710 "alternate Fire Modes"

Posted by Swords on 28 April 2008 - 07:36 PM in General Nerf

CaptainSlug I really think some of the stuff you make is cool but latley you have been a real fag. If you don't have anything to say about alternate fire modes then don't dare post in this thread because all your doing is fucking up this thread saying it's stupid and useless, but really it's not it is informal and helpfull.

I don't really understand how you disagreeing with CS makes him homosexual, but he DOES has a valid point. Having an alternative fire mode is useless if you can fire the blaster well normally.
If you have more problems with Slug, please post them here.

As for staying on topic, I'm not really a fan of alternative fire modes in normal wars, but I'm a big fan of shotgunning for Assassin games. I prefer to make multiple preloaded barrels, no bigger than 6", and load them with small 1/2" length stefans creating a sort of shotgun "shell".

Seriously, everyone has their own styles of play. Not everyone uses the same tactics and guns and strategies as you. Heck, nerf would be absolutely boring if it were. Making a thread like this is asking people to post their opinions and their styles.

#153706 Longshot Mod

Posted by Swords on 28 April 2008 - 07:08 PM in Modifications

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this make the seal worse than it already is? I would expect a pretty large decrease in range.

EDIT: Sorry for not reading. I got my answer.

#153383 Daedalus: Super Nf

Posted by Swords on 27 April 2008 - 09:32 AM in Modifications

I would never dare to do a thing like that. You turned out with a functional, powerful pistol, and I have to give you kudos for that.

#153142 Titan Rifle

Posted by Swords on 25 April 2008 - 06:10 PM in Modifications

I did a really similar thing to my Titan. I put a coupler on it and a barrel that is a bit shorter than yours. My scope is more of a sight. Seriously, I do use it in wars because of the shotgun effect and power. But of course I didn't plug the pump or do any internal mods so its not powerful enough to kill. (I accidentally shot my friend in the eye, no big deal.) with this as my primary, of course I'll have my magstrike as a secondary. I love the paintjob.

#152834 Reactor Modification.

Posted by Swords on 23 April 2008 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

The spring is weak. It's only purpose is to keep the balls up against the front of the gun.

#152828 Reactor Modification.

Posted by Swords on 23 April 2008 - 07:56 PM in Modifications

That much out of a reactor? Now to find the one I have laying around.

#152712 Barell Replacements

Posted by Swords on 22 April 2008 - 09:37 PM in Modifications

The length of your dart that will go into the barrel. Maybe a 1/4 inch longer. Try searching and thinking for yourself, its good for your health.

#152705 Barell Replacements

Posted by Swords on 22 April 2008 - 09:25 PM in Modifications

The length of your dart.

#152690 Smdtg Secret Reveled

Posted by Swords on 22 April 2008 - 08:28 PM in General Nerf

Thank You so much. Who would have known?

#152488 The Longspider Shotgun

Posted by Swords on 21 April 2008 - 07:46 PM in Modifications

First of all, that thing looks awesome. But I don't think you want to say that it can shoot 130 feet on ebay. I don't want to get into and argument about range, but there is simply no way you are going to get that much out of a longshot. Right now I really don't care if you give BS about your range, that thing looks like it could kick some butt.

#152057 The Beast!

Posted by Swords on 19 April 2008 - 04:52 PM in Modifications

I don't believe that that is always the case. On my Longshot, I streched the spring quite a bit, and now, a year later, it still has a noticable difference than other longshots modded the same way. Plus, when I opened it up a year after I streched the spring, the spring was still streched out well. So I believe that you can strech it to a certain point. Or else its just the newer springs. But no matter how you strech it, after a while you will still have a bit of range loss.

#151975 Troubleshooting Section

Posted by Swords on 19 April 2008 - 10:30 AM in Site Feedback

I think that we should put more emphasis on searching. 98% of the time, when someone post a thread like that, they haven't searched for the thread that already has the answer to their question. Apparently, someone tried to start a similar thread to this awhile ago.

#151872 Ls Reinforcing The Bolt Sled

Posted by Swords on 18 April 2008 - 06:15 PM in Modifications

You can try, but it will barely do anything to the strength of the bolt sled.

#151849 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Swords on 18 April 2008 - 04:03 PM in Modifications

Magstrike in the works. My first go at hand painting, only to find out how bad I suck. I only painted the right side of it. My paint is taking forever to dry. What do you think?
Posted Image
Suggestions, Comments, Ideas?