Shadowblade's Content

There have been 378 items by Shadowblade (Search limited from 20-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#170419 Help A New Member With Gun Ideas

Posted by Shadowblade on 18 August 2008 - 08:17 PM in General Nerf

In addition to what Bomberman mentioned, putting a coupler on your NF, adding a second spring, improving the seal, and plugging the secondary AR is also a good idea. You can drastically increase your NF's range for outdoor use, and it isn't that bad indoors as well (a well modified NF can get between 50 to 70 ft). Everything you need is in the fore-mentioned Modifications Directory ----^

Welcome to the Haven. :lol:

#170274 Titan Rifle Rocket

Posted by Shadowblade on 18 August 2008 - 11:58 AM in Modifications

I can see these being used for scenario-type matches. You know, like nerf tanks or forts, and these would serve as "anti-material" rounds. Good work.

How hard do you think these things hit? Can it go through cardboard? Just wondering, because I want to know if we can allow these at wars.

Edit: these look kinda like those grenades for the M203...
Edit 2: ignore those questions, i didn't see your post about it

#170117 Which Longshot?

Posted by Shadowblade on 17 August 2008 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

That green paint job reminds me of Master Chief's armor. I would keep that one (only because I like it :D )

#169919 Happy Birthday Vacc And Talio

Posted by Shadowblade on 17 August 2008 - 07:51 AM in Off Topic

Happy Birthday you two!

#169183 Any Western Nerf Wars

Posted by Shadowblade on 14 August 2008 - 04:43 PM in Nerf Wars

You know, I was like you for a bit. No one nerfed much in the SE, let alone GA. So I was like: To heck with it, I'll host one myself. So it started off as a small group of friends, and then I found Zaxbys on the Haven, so we played a few local wars. Eventually, we decided to host a large regional war, SENO, which turned out successful. We may even host an encore SENO.

Moral is, don't complain. Get out there, find some friends to play with. Play in the backyard, the house, the park. It doesn't have to be huge, but you gotta get out and start one yourself. Eventually, it may turn into an annual regional war, or even gain legendary status like Apoc.

The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.

#168902 Men Of Foam

Posted by Shadowblade on 13 August 2008 - 08:46 PM in Nerf Wars

This is probably the most beautiful personal interpretation of SENO (it sure sounds like it) I've ever heard. It's been an honor serving with you A side and an honor hosting SENO. Until next time we meet. :)

#168883 Season Of Foam

Posted by Shadowblade on 13 August 2008 - 07:40 PM in News

I doubt yall would come down to GA for SENO, but you have us southerners' support. This is awesome. No other way to put it...*sniff* That was the most inspirational nerf news yet....

#168499 Good Primaries

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 August 2008 - 05:11 PM in General Nerf

Oops, sorry about that, I think my pc glitched.

Back on topic: The BBB integrated with the NF seems to be pretty effective, seeing as both are easy to use/mod.

#168232 Recon Question

Posted by Shadowblade on 11 August 2008 - 08:36 PM in General Nerf

Good grammar and spelling! Yay, we actually have a few decent new peeps! Welcome to the Haven!
The black piece doesn't affect the range of the recon. Well, at least in my clan's recons. That black piece is just a cover for the plunger arm. The newer recons all have this piece.

Woot. 100 posts.

#168227 The Next Southern War

Posted by Shadowblade on 11 August 2008 - 08:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I've heard from Zax, and we think we should wait til October/November (it is a little early to hold another SENO, when the last one was about 2-3 weeks ago...). Hang tight until we come up with an exact date.

#168161 The Next Southern War

Posted by Shadowblade on 11 August 2008 - 04:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay, if you're interested, my clan is preparing to host a Fall SENO. Exact date is uncertain, but we're gunning for around Labor Day. I'll have to talk to Zaxbys and his group first to see if they're interested. SENO has no age limit, but please be mature enough to take a hit, because, at the last SENO, there were some pretty hi-power guns out on the field (mine included). I still have a 2-week old welt from Zax's BigBlast. We didn't do any trading, but if a deal comes up, we may do so.

I'm going to let the age thing slide for now....that was weird...

#167888 Nerf Tactics

Posted by Shadowblade on 10 August 2008 - 05:16 PM in General Nerf

Geez, these must be some pretty hardcore 7 yr olds, if you can get surrounded by them. Since we're dealing with unusual targets, I think Oni's advice on letting them come to you is a good idea.

And once again, I'm going to ask that you please watch spelling and grammar. I know I know, why do you care? right? I just looking out for the new people...

#167880 The Next Southern War

Posted by Shadowblade on 10 August 2008 - 05:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Zaxbys and I just finished hosting the SouthEast Nerf Outing (SENO) in Augusta in July, and I know Zax does a war up in Clinton, SC (PCNO I think). There are quite a few of us in the Augusta area that nerf. We may host a fall SENO later this year. Be on the look out for a planning thread...

Where the mess is Leecounty?

EDIT: Oh, next to Albany. Sorry, I didn't see your earlier post.

#167733 Nerf Tactics

Posted by Shadowblade on 10 August 2008 - 08:07 AM in General Nerf

Wait...5 on 3? Why don't you just play 4 on 4?

You have some fairly reliable guns (LS, NFs). Maybe you should invest some time in modding your guns more; it would give you more capability on the field.
However, it all comes down to how you play. Takes a little practice to become efficient with a given gun, and different guns play differently. You just have to figure out what works for you.

I'll give you these very basic tips (none of that complicated squad manuevering stuff) that have helped me. These are the meat and potatoes of a good nerfer, in my opinion.
-Communicate, you have teammates for a reason, they can help you and you can help them.
-Pay attention (watch your backside and flanks)
-Aim then shoot, don't spray your ammo uselessly everywhere. Just take a sec to aim first, you'll score more hits that way.
-Move, don't become a sitting duck. Use cover and change positions often to avoid being pindown.

Oh, and by the way, please use capitalization and fix your grammar. A little bit goes a long way. Welcome to the Haven! :)

#167568 Stefan Length Poll

Posted by Shadowblade on 09 August 2008 - 10:31 AM in General Nerf

I'm actually experimenting with .75" to 1" stefans right now. I'm loading 3-4 of them into my converted watergun barrel and using it as a shotgun. 2 or 3 of those short stefans also fits into my modded NF, thus converting it into a mini shotgun.

#167491 Rapid Assult Rifle!

Posted by Shadowblade on 08 August 2008 - 09:06 PM in Modifications

That's pretty awesome!
Questions: 1) Are those stock guns? 2) What are the ranges? 3) Does the integration get in the way of the rfr's priming handle? 4) I can't really tell from the pics, but does the integration block the rfr's clip?

You know, you could make it a bolty with this mod. Cool paintjob as well.

#166947 ?

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 August 2008 - 08:30 PM in General Nerf

Oh, sorry. The Haven has an "Awareness" section? I didn't see one/know of one. What do you plan on posting?

They have this: Nerf Product Awareness System in the General Nerf section...you're probably talking about something I've never heard of before...

#166943 ?

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 August 2008 - 08:25 PM in General Nerf

I'm not quite sure what you're asking...you mean, how do you get people to notice your post? All of the new posts show up on the home page, most people (if they look) will see it. Hope that answered your question.

Edit: oh, and next time, make your title a little more specific/detailed. I was about to flame you for the title.

#166935 Noob Nerf Guns

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 August 2008 - 08:12 PM in General Nerf

Ditto to all of the above.

The nightfinder is a very good/inexpensive beginner gun to mod and use. Take out the AR, put a second NF spring (or some other similar spring), slap a coupler on it, and you're good to go. Anywhere from 50 to 70 ft, if modded correctly. Welcome to the Haven!

#166716 Question About Stefans

Posted by Shadowblade on 05 August 2008 - 08:19 AM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, the pre-loaded barrels are a good idea. I used this exact tactic for SENO, by shotgun loading my barrels with three really short stefans. This is good idea if your gun has enough power to propel all the darts. I use this in my converted hi-power watergun, but recently found out my cpvc'd-doubled spring NF is also able to do this (at a lost of 5-10 ft, but hey, it's a shotgun now). It's pretty devastating.

#166713 Nerf Shotgun Idea

Posted by Shadowblade on 05 August 2008 - 08:08 AM in Homemades

10 ft? Yeah...definitely not using that in a war. I'll just stick to shotgun loading my barrels. However, I'd like to see a finished product. So, go for it, you never know...welcome to the Haven :)

#166049 Homemade Bolt Action Rifle

Posted by Shadowblade on 02 August 2008 - 08:48 PM in Homemades

Looks cool!

I have a couple of questions...

Does it prime via a spring? And if so what kind?
Also are you shells going to be cpvc or brass?

-Upperhand

I can't answer your second question because it's not my gun, but I think I know the answer to the first one. Judging from the trigger, it looks kinda like Carbon's SNAP-type design, but as to which spring I have no idea. Correct me if I'm wrong MoonMaster.

#166013 Homemade Bolt Action Rifle

Posted by Shadowblade on 02 August 2008 - 03:08 PM in Homemades

Nice bullpup design, but I have a few questions. How do you prime the gun? I mean, does the bolt assembly also cock the gun or does the plunger have it's own priming system? Perhaps you can make your write up more specific as well, like parts (and instructions).

I know you haven't finished the gun and obtained ranges yet, but those would be nice to know. Good job! :D

#165881 Nerf Sayings

Posted by Shadowblade on 01 August 2008 - 03:35 PM in General Nerf

Here's another 300 reference: This. Is. NERF!!!

#165529 Good Nintendo 64 Games

Posted by Shadowblade on 30 July 2008 - 08:01 PM in Off Topic

I second Pokemon Stadium, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros. Heck, I'll say the first several Mario Parties, the minigames were fun.

#165090 The Snapbow, Updated

Posted by Shadowblade on 29 July 2008 - 07:49 AM in Homemades

As unclean as it looks, I kinda like that concept. I'll have to try my own variation when I find time. Perhaps you could do a second, cleaner model of this (a sturdier looking stock maybe? and a clean paintjob would be cool).

Good job, this shall serve as my inspiration for my own homemade.

#165045 Nerf Grenade Idea

Posted by Shadowblade on 28 July 2008 - 09:18 PM in General Nerf

Yet another grenade idea...I'm sorry dude, mrcrouse1 is right, if there aren't any nerf products in it, it's not really a "nerf" grenade. So far, the Haven hasn't seen a working AND practical nerf grenade design (with the exception of the bunkerbuster design, which isn't used much anyways).

If you search for "nerf grenade", you'll see some tried-failed designs and several prototypes. Perhaps you could help improve on these actual nerf grenades. Enjoy your stay at the Haven!

#165041 What Gender Are You?

Posted by Shadowblade on 28 July 2008 - 09:02 PM in General Nerf

You know, just to be funny, we could just all say we're girls...this is NerfHaven. Who cares what gender everyone is? Badger's right, do something that benefits the community. Have a homemade or mod? Post it so we can see and improve on it. If you have a question about nerf, I'm sure someone here will help you out. The search feature is your go-to-first solution.

I'm not an admin or anything, and I'm not trying to flame you. I'm just watching your back and making sure you don't get banned for a stupid thing like this. I hope you enjoy your stay at the Haven! :)

#164943 Seno Recap

Posted by Shadowblade on 28 July 2008 - 12:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Myster E is Ian. He just recently got validated. My little bro doesn't have a Haven account...yet...

#164824 Seno Recap

Posted by Shadowblade on 27 July 2008 - 07:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Sweet video!

#164767 Seno Recap

Posted by Shadowblade on 27 July 2008 - 10:02 AM in Nerf Wars

I almost forgot, it was hilarious when everyone starting screaming "oh shit oh shit" when Groove rushed us with his xbow...I still get a laugh out of that...

I can't wait to see that slideshow/video.

#164712 Seno Recap

Posted by Shadowblade on 26 July 2008 - 09:50 PM in Nerf Wars

First things first, thank you to everyone who came out for SENO. This was the first large war I've helped organize/host and I'm glad it was successful. Thank you to Zaxbys as well for he part as well. Hopefully we will see some of you again for a possible fall SENO. Now, for my opinions...

Pros
- Great turn out from the area Haven members.
- Meeting Groove and several other members in person.
- Seeing different guns in action.
- Pizza
- Cmdrmack's awesome kilt.
- Scoring two headshots off of Groove, haha.
- Having everyone run away screaming "oh shit" when Groove rushed us.
- Awesome humans vs. zombies rounds
- Good variety of match types
- Having lots of fun.

Cons
- Heat
- which was followed by an unexpected rainstorm
- Running low on ammo (I'll need to more next time haha)
- Being on the receiving end of a BBBB
- Not finishing the gunslinger round due to the rain, but we shall settle it next time...

Again, thank you to everyone who made SENO possible and thank you to those who participated. Hope to see you guys at the next war. Who knows, it may be the next SENO...

#164298 Seno Revived!

Posted by Shadowblade on 24 July 2008 - 10:06 PM in Nerf Wars

WOOT! Hope everyone is ready (or getting ready) for SENO! I'll see you all at the school along with Zaxbys.

@A side of nerf: What Zax said, Fort Discovery is an awesome place. And no, you don't have to be there early, but I'll be there a little early to set-up. All you have to do is come, play nerf, and have fun. ;)

#164295 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by Shadowblade on 24 July 2008 - 09:57 PM in Modifications

Alright! I should get one or two for my clan if we ever get the money. Good job man and good luck to all the modders. I'm looking foward to seeing the mods for this gun!

#162971 Doomsayer Sighting

Posted by Shadowblade on 16 July 2008 - 07:58 AM in General Nerf

wasn't that used on the russian front some 60 years ago?

Yep, it was used against the Nazis in WWII. Completely owns in urban warfare.

Nice find by the way keef.

#162611 Seno Revived!

Posted by Shadowblade on 13 July 2008 - 09:24 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright, t-minus two weeks til SENO. I hope everyone has directions to the playground by now.

Just as a reminder:
  • Eye protection is mandatory.
  • Guns will be judged on a case-by-case basis, so bring a backup gun just in case.
  • Bring enough fluids to keep you going from 12 to 6pm.
  • Bring about $5 if you would like pizza.
  • Make sure you're ok with taking a leak in some bushes (public facilities may or may not be open on the 26th).
  • You can/should park in the lot right next to the playground (not the gym).
  • Have fun!
If anyone has questions on directions or any other questions/concerns, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, I will see you at the war!

@ Zaxbys: Change my status to +2 for sure and +2 maybes.

#162193 Nerf Recons

Posted by Shadowblade on 10 July 2008 - 10:35 AM in General Nerf

Decent range? For indoors maybe, but outdoors, one would get destroyed if he/she was using a stock recon. But I agree with you, the rail system is pretty fun. The recon, while not the hottest gun on the field, is always fun to use. Check out some of the mods for the recon in the forums, they should help you out some.

Very good grammar and spelling. Very nice for a new member :) . Welcome to the Haven!

#161916 Foam Recommendations

Posted by Shadowblade on 08 July 2008 - 08:05 AM in General Nerf

Avoid the Frost King brand of FBR if you can, that stuff isn't dense enough.

#161891 Shrapnel Grenade

Posted by Shadowblade on 07 July 2008 - 09:52 PM in Homemades

I don't see any difference between this and the original barricade buster besides using reject Stefans, but it is a good idea for using those crap darts.

#161740 Seno Revived!

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 July 2008 - 04:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, I got some pics of Garrett Elementary. This is our primary location unless something comes up and we have to move to Warren Road. A side's overhead pics can be used for reference/comparison. I hope these help!

Posted Image
This is the overview picture of the playground. You can see the gym in the background to the top left. The gym marks the north boundary. We'll use that area if we need to.

Posted Image
Sorry for the blurry pic. You can see the "trench" dividing the playground in the middle. The other trench is in the treeline in the top right of the picture. This trench marks the east boundary of the playing field.

Posted Image
This is the courtyard between the two wings. It's perfect for small, close-range battles.

Posted Image
Here is the front of the school. The left edge of this yard is the west boundary of the field. Besides the few large trees to the right, there is very little cover.