Help A New Member With Gun Ideas

11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bmax_*

Guest_bmax_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

I'm a new member (hence the title) and i was wondering if some of the older/more experienced members can give me help with picking some new guns for my arsenal.
My current arsenal is a nitefinder with the air restrictor removed, a recon with the air restrictor in the beginning stages of removal, an airtech 1k, a tech 6 that I think may be broken but still has good spare parts, and my personal creation, the javelin (my response to a leaky big blast, but the range is kinda sucky [the longest range was 30 feet, indoors], and it can only shoot the "included proprietary missiles" and stock suction cup micros (I accidentally cut the internals down to far when shaving it down to shoot micros, so you have to jam them in) but its not bad for indoor wars or my own version of war which is when if you get hit with a missile/grenade, your instantly dead (but not with micros). I'm considering getting a long shot, and I kinda want a maverick, but after reading some of the bad reps on it I don't know if I should. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As far as not having good spelling, i used spell check, multiple times. And also I am extremely low budget so i can't just go out and by 2 longshots and see what i get, so please I'm just asking if people who know what they are doing can help out a noob seriously is that too much to ask??!!

Edited by bmax, 19 August 2008 - 10:47 AM.

#2 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:07 PM

You communicated okay, but your ideas are cluttered. Try capitalizing and fixing the grammar in your posts; it will help everyone help you. Oh, and try paragraphs.

We emphasize to our members that they should lay low until they understand how these boards work. That's why we have pretty blatantly obvious threads for you to find out information, especially that for new members.

Clicking into the "Modifications" subcategory from the index, will yield all of your answers, stickied to the top for easy access. Try the same for the other subcategories.

We also have a very powerful search tool. Just click search at the top right. For more information on how to use that feature, check the pinned topic about it.

End thread.
Teehee.

#3 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

Well, for outdoor wars, a Big Bad Bow is an Excellent primary. And, if you are new to modding, it is easy to do proper modifications to it. An Airtech 2000 is another excellent gun to own. It can have four shots if you mof it right, they get like, 70 feet, and, it is a pistol. B) But a properly modded big blast is another EXCELLENT gun to have in an outdoor war. Coupler'd, it is great. But for indoor wars, a Rapid Fire 20, a Magstrike, or, what just came out, a Vulcan, are great Rate of Fire blasters, that can clear a room. Why don't you look at some modifications for the guns I listed in the Modications Directory.

600th post. Go me.

EDIT: Damn you Splitlip! I wanted to help him! :)

Edited by Bomberman, 18 August 2008 - 06:09 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#4 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:17 PM

In addition to what Bomberman mentioned, putting a coupler on your NF, adding a second spring, improving the seal, and plugging the secondary AR is also a good idea. You can drastically increase your NF's range for outdoor use, and it isn't that bad indoors as well (a well modified NF can get between 50 to 70 ft). Everything you need is in the fore-mentioned Modifications Directory ----^

Welcome to the Haven. :lol:
Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#5 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:23 PM

putting a coupler on your NF, adding a second spring, improving the seal, and plugging the secondary AR is also a good idea.

Welcome to the Haven. :lol:

What secondary ar? Just keep buying guns and modding them till they suit your needs.

#6 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:26 PM

What secondary ar? Just keep buying guns and modding them till they suit your needs.

That little piece between the barrel and the plunger tube. Drill a hole in it and plug those three spaces with hot glue...I think it's called the secondary ar, sorry if I used the wrong term for it.
Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#7 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:40 PM

That little piece between the barrel and the plunger tube. Drill a hole in it and plug those three spaces with hot glue...I think it's called the secondary ar, sorry if I used the wrong term for it.

Oh... Alright. I thought people agreed a while back that it didn't affect ranges... It just stops the plunger head from killing the barrel.

#8 erfig

erfig

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:02 AM

I'm a new member (hence the title) and i was wondering if some of the older/more experienced members can give me help with picking some new guns for my arsenal. My current arsenal is a nitefinder with the air restrictor removed, a recon with the air restrictor in the beginning stages of removal, an airtech 1k, a tech 6 that I think may be broken but still has good spare parts, and my personal creation, the javelin (my response to a leaky big blast, but the range is kinda sucky [the longest range was 30 feet, indoors], and it can only shoot the "included proprietary missiles" and stock suction cup micros (I accidentally cut the internals down to far when shaving it down to shoot micros, so you have to jam them in) but its not bad for indoor wars or my own version of war which is when if you get hit with a missile/grenade, your instantly dead (but not with micros). I'm considering getting a long shot, and I kinda want a maverick, but after reading some of the bad reps on it I don't know if I should. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

get a longshot , i have a longshot and maverick and the longshot is way better, plus the maverick doesn't have any mods that greatly increase distance :D
For those who say nerf is for kids, just take a look at this.

#9 aamiller321

aamiller321

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:09 AM

An Airtech 2000 is another excellent gun to own. It can have four shots if you mof it right, they get like, 70 feet, and, it is a pistol.

He said he has an airtech 1k not a 2k.
QUOTE(sidamazo @ Nov 20 2008, 03:51 PM) View Post

y the hell r u here?
Challenge me
QUOTE(CoasterDynamix757 @ Jul 5 2009, 11:29 AM) View Post

Ice, is it your time of the month again?

#10 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:48 AM

Kid flash I thought you knew better. Don't spoon feed him, or any of these fng's. That goes for all of you. And the last five posts were literally useless. Let them search.
Teehee.

#11 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:14 AM

Kid flash I thought you knew better.

I didn't think I was spoon feeding... Someone secondary ar so I said it was the plunger stop. Someone asked what guns to buy I said keep buying and modding till one suits him... Pretty sure I didn't spoon feed.

#12 Alfonso

Alfonso

• Banned
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:34 AM

I don't see what's wrong with giving him some recommendations.

I think the Big Blast would be a good choice. It's under $10 and gets fantastic ranges. The maveric is decent if you plan to play indoors. The longshot and recon clip system is pretty cool and they can get good ranges if modded correctly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users